Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper out 13:36 - Dec 8 with 18635 views34dfgdf54

Awful substitutions at half time.

Losing is fine but we are pathetic. Grimes captain, Peterson off half time for Dyer, no excuses.

Back to watching Cardiff fella
Cooper out on 17:47 - Dec 10 with 1653 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Not the old lazy give it to Curtis line again.

I can assure you that he will not take the reins again after being shat on too many times by the club. He point blank refused last time after telling them he wouldn’t do it again on the previous occasion and they put Leon in charge instead. That didn’t go well either.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper out on 19:17 - Dec 10 with 1556 viewsOldjack

Cooper out on 07:40 - Dec 10 by 34dfgdf54

Wouldn't surprise me at all if there has been a bust up with Celina, something not right there.

Everything is fine if we are to believe the rags ,he'll be in the Team this Wednesday

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cooper out on 19:19 - Dec 10 with 1550 viewsJackfath

Cooper out on 19:17 - Dec 10 by Oldjack

Everything is fine if we are to believe the rags ,he'll be in the Team this Wednesday

I'd have Carroll starting ahead of Grimes too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cooper out on 19:27 - Dec 10 with 1533 viewsairedale

Cooper out on 19:19 - Dec 10 by Jackfath

I'd have Carroll starting ahead of Grimes too.

I think that he would improve the team too.
Cooper out on 19:43 - Dec 10 with 1506 viewskrunchykarrot

Cooper out on 15:19 - Dec 10 by vetchonian

NO NO nO no no

Britton was a disaster last time remember, Curtis will not do it again

This would be worse than leaving Cooper and Marsh in charge.

what should be happening if Cooper is the problem is Curtis and Leon giving him some coaching where with the benefit of their experience they point out things that are gong wrong and what could be changed..there is a manager in Cooper but he is stlll raw ....

Problems he has are 1 coming form an International coaching background the process there is often to concnetrate on analysing the opposition and playing a team and tactics to contain /beat that team unlike club football or the Martinez view build a side to play a certain way ( he had no plan B either but his plan A was effective as it was a shock in the lower leagues at the time) concentrate on keeping the ball and scoring goals....then maybe analyse the opposition.
He is also "under pressure" to restore the "Swansea Way" but there never was a definitive Swansea Way as under Martinnez it was entertaining I will score more goals than you football ....possesion based...SOusa tightened us defensively then Brendan mixed that blend introducing the pressing off the ball and sideways/back passing whihc rarely happened under Roberto. Laudrup came along and with the addtion of Michu and Hernandez gave us that cuo winning season ans that 45 mins......and remeber it was only 45 minutes of that football against WBA.......we never quite managed it again.
Cooper is also trying to do all of this whilst the majority of his squad know their contracts are up at the end of this season..not a great environment in which to work.

As I keep saying we are 4 points better off than this time last year Potter encountered as similar run of results this time last year too...even with all his experience..and a more rounded squad....we do miss Dan and Oli, most teams doubled up on Dan freeing space for Celina and others whilst Oli was often to be found back in midfield huinting the ball which neither Borja or Ayew do.

I am also not saying that everything is rosy in the garden but to suggest replacing Cooper with Curt and Leon would be fraught with disaster.......better first use Curt nd Leon to coachj the coach......thats what happens with rookie managers in other walks of life
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 17:49]

Fantastic post, but im afraid people have short memories or just dont understand. People are upset because they dont think we are going up now. A "couple of players and we would be going up" is the common diatribe. When you ask which players? and what the hell are we going to do when we get there with no more than perhaps a handful of players who could play at that level they say buy.

Stick with the manager we know he's a good coach, build a young team with a strong spine who can keep us in with a chance of staying up. Just look at clubs struggling dare i say bigger than us who have spent zillions, Everton come to mind.
Cooper out on 19:52 - Dec 10 with 1480 viewsNortbankboy

Cooper out on 19:43 - Dec 10 by krunchykarrot

Fantastic post, but im afraid people have short memories or just dont understand. People are upset because they dont think we are going up now. A "couple of players and we would be going up" is the common diatribe. When you ask which players? and what the hell are we going to do when we get there with no more than perhaps a handful of players who could play at that level they say buy.

Stick with the manager we know he's a good coach, build a young team with a strong spine who can keep us in with a chance of staying up. Just look at clubs struggling dare i say bigger than us who have spent zillions, Everton come to mind.

I'm a little worried,we are halfway through the season and he
Still experimenting with the team and don't know his best eleven and formation.
Plus we don't seem to have a plan B.
Lots of teams who play a possession based game,have a big centre forward on the
Bench in case they have to change the way they play and play a longer game.
We have to stick with him and give him jan to wheel and deal and see what he can do.
Cooper out on 20:01 - Dec 10 with 1460 viewsmonmouth

Cooper out on 19:52 - Dec 10 by Nortbankboy

We have to stick with him and give him jan to wheel and deal and see what he can do.

Wheel and deal?

With what mun?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper out on 20:06 - Dec 10 with 1448 viewskrunchykarrot

Yes im worried also, 2 wins this week would be nice ease the tension a bit. Experimenting with the team shows that there is no consistency. Get safe bring Cabango, Evans etc into the squad. Hopefully we can offload Ayew without us having to give him money to go. Cooper needs time and a tackling MF experienced captainesque type playe an ex Jack would do.

Where's Jasper he knows our stiffs who's readyto step up?
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper out on 20:12 - Dec 10 with 1436 viewsvetchonian

I'm getting deja vu here this time last year the same was going said of Potter who couldn't decide on his best team changing personnel and formation match to match....yet now he is being lauded and Cooper blamed for undoing all his good work....get a grip .
Stop discussions about Potter getting more from the same squad....Potter had Dan and Ollie one a game changer and the other a youthful vall hungry forward....Cooper has neither hut has gained two expensive forwards in Borha and Ayew

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper out on 20:17 - Dec 10 with 1419 views34dfgdf54

Matt just made a point on twitter.

It’s Cooper’s 40th today and our social media team have spent it wishing Wilf Bony a happy 31st
Cooper out on 20:33 - Dec 10 with 1375 viewsNortbankboy

Cooper out on 20:01 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Wheel and deal?

With what mun?

Mug shef f utd off again.
Sell them Rosen for £15 mill
And use some of that money
Cooper out on 20:37 - Dec 10 with 1369 viewsairedale

Kin ell.
Cooper out on 20:45 - Dec 10 with 1352 viewsmonmouth

Just been watching a bit of Stoke and Luton. Stoke are piss poor but by god if we don't beat Luton we are in real bother.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper out on 20:58 - Dec 10 with 1312 viewsicecoldjack

Cooper out on 17:40 - Dec 10 by vetchonian

at left back mostly

Left back in the changing room is what should happen !

He’s in that difficult 2nd album phase for sure, not a leader though, can barely keep his own game on track never mind inspiring others and leading by example.
Cooper out on 09:28 - Dec 11 with 1161 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper out on 20:01 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Wheel and deal?

With what mun?

Wheel and deal is sell Rodon and the training facilites for about 20 million and bring in a loan or 2.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper out on 10:19 - Dec 11 with 1109 viewsBadlands

Cooper out on 20:12 - Dec 10 by vetchonian

I'm getting deja vu here this time last year the same was going said of Potter who couldn't decide on his best team changing personnel and formation match to match....yet now he is being lauded and Cooper blamed for undoing all his good work....get a grip .
Stop discussions about Potter getting more from the same squad....Potter had Dan and Ollie one a game changer and the other a youthful vall hungry forward....Cooper has neither hut has gained two expensive forwards in Borha and Ayew

Potter introduced quite a few young players (or relied on them more) - Cooper has inherited them as senior players.
Potter started with the loss of 30+ squad players (of whom 16 were PL players and 10 regular team players) and was soon to lose 2 to long term injury. Cooper lost 2 regulars and gained two.
Potter decided to use his experienced players more in the second half of the season - Cooper has already exhausted that option.
Potter got more out of the team as a team - Cooper can't seem to get the best from individuals let alone improve the team.
Potter introduced Dan James and knew how to develop him and get the best from him ... which involved the midfield creating space. I get the feeling Cooper would have used James the way he has used our current wingers narrow and with little effect.
McBurnie also benefitted from the better tactical play. Borja was scoring at the same rate as McBurnie in August but Cooper has failed to get much from him since.
With Potter we could see what he was trying to do and how it was building, unfortunately that can't be said of Cooper.
It's not a case of getting a grip, Cooper is failing to prepare our team on a regular basis.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper out on 11:54 - Dec 11 with 1054 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 10:19 - Dec 11 by Badlands

Potter introduced quite a few young players (or relied on them more) - Cooper has inherited them as senior players.
Potter started with the loss of 30+ squad players (of whom 16 were PL players and 10 regular team players) and was soon to lose 2 to long term injury. Cooper lost 2 regulars and gained two.
Potter decided to use his experienced players more in the second half of the season - Cooper has already exhausted that option.
Potter got more out of the team as a team - Cooper can't seem to get the best from individuals let alone improve the team.
Potter introduced Dan James and knew how to develop him and get the best from him ... which involved the midfield creating space. I get the feeling Cooper would have used James the way he has used our current wingers narrow and with little effect.
McBurnie also benefitted from the better tactical play. Borja was scoring at the same rate as McBurnie in August but Cooper has failed to get much from him since.
With Potter we could see what he was trying to do and how it was building, unfortunately that can't be said of Cooper.
It's not a case of getting a grip, Cooper is failing to prepare our team on a regular basis.

I know I got stick for being biased regarding Potter, and i will probably get the same after this post. A colleague of mine based in Scotland knows someone who does a lot of contracting work with Brighton. Knowing I'm a Swans fan he asked him about Potter. Reckons he's been a breath of fresh air and the players all have a lot of time for him and his training methods. Despite the contract he has been given, the general consensus is that a big club will be coming in sooner rather than later for him, it's a matter of when not if he moves on and Brighton getting the best possible deal for him hence the contract.

People seem to forget James was ready to go out on loan until Potter blocked it, Grimes has had one decent season in his career before playing for him, and that was when he played for a relegated League 1 club.

I've been quick to shoot you down on here when you've slagged Cooper off in the past but it's looking more and more likely you've been right. He's looking out of his depth big time at the moment.

Edit - For anyone thinking I'm making up the guy doing work for Brighton, as there is some people definitely sad enough to do that, I wouln't name drop on a public forum, even though I highly doubt it matters.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 11:56]
Cooper out on 12:29 - Dec 11 with 1021 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 10:19 - Dec 11 by Badlands

It is great to say all of that in hindsight but if you check out the posts on here this time last year many were posting that Potter had no clue with his constant changing and in reality things only improved in the second half of the season when ROuts came back to the fold.

I dont think that this time last year "With Potter we could see what he was trying to do and how it was building," it would be good to find the postings about Potter from last November and Decemeber I think you will find many disagreed with that statement.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world by _ 29 Dec 2018 17:06
Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

Here we go read the link above

That said there are issues with our current performance levels,is the rotation causing confidence issues with players, is the fact Grimes is constanlt being picked as he has the armband whilst underperforming affecting other players who feel they deserve a spot before him....maybe yes Cooper hasnt got the man management bit right at senior level compared with U17s

As I have said elsewhere maybe it is time for Leon,Curt to coach the coach...lend him the benefit of their experience......sit him down with Birch discuss the issues give him a timeline if no improvment then look to change. I say this as we know Cooper is learning at this level..do we really wnat to start chopping and chnging managers who would we get? Birch,Leon and Curt saw something in Cooper it is up to those 3 to maybe mentor and guide him if no improvment then make a change....after all as Potter said this is a project!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 12:54]

Cooper out on 12:32 - Dec 11 with 1009 viewsGlyn1

We are NOT going to be relegated this season so there's no reason to sack him. And let's face it, the number of managers that we are getting through is becoming embarrassing.

Give him the rest of this season, pre-season, and the 1st half of the next one. Then discuss this again in 2021.

But not before then.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Cooper out on 13:15 - Dec 11 with 971 viewsTimTtam

Cooper out on 12:29 - Dec 11 by vetchonian

It is great to say all of that in hindsight but if you check out the posts on here this time last year many were posting that Potter had no clue with his constant changing and in reality things only improved in the second half of the season when ROuts came back to the fold.

I dont think that this time last year "With Potter we could see what he was trying to do and how it was building," it would be good to find the postings about Potter from last November and Decemeber I think you will find many disagreed with that statement.
Potter deserves all the stick in the world by _ 29 Dec 2018 17:06
Once again, absolutely shocking team selection.

A one man wrecking ball.

Potter SORT IT OUT.....!!!

Here we go read the link above

That said there are issues with our current performance levels,is the rotation causing confidence issues with players, is the fact Grimes is constanlt being picked as he has the armband whilst underperforming affecting other players who feel they deserve a spot before him....maybe yes Cooper hasnt got the man management bit right at senior level compared with U17s

As I have said elsewhere maybe it is time for Leon,Curt to coach the coach...lend him the benefit of their experience......sit him down with Birch discuss the issues give him a timeline if no improvment then look to change. I say this as we know Cooper is learning at this level..do we really wnat to start chopping and chnging managers who would we get? Birch,Leon and Curt saw something in Cooper it is up to those 3 to maybe mentor and guide him if no improvment then make a change....after all as Potter said this is a project!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 12:54]

Some of those old posts are embarrassing.

People never learn. They need to give the manager a chance. The funny thing is the Wigan game being critiqued in the thread was the start of our long unbeaten home record in 2019. And Potter got us from 15th up close to the playoffs before a late fade.

I admit the signs aren't good with Cooper, but he did win a Manager of the Month award for a reason. Who knows, he may improve and thus improve the squad for the remainder of the season.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper out on 13:20 - Dec 11 with 965 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 13:15 - Dec 11 by TimTtam

Some of those old posts are embarrassing.

People never learn. They need to give the manager a chance. The funny thing is the Wigan game being critiqued in the thread was the start of our long unbeaten home record in 2019. And Potter got us from 15th up close to the playoffs before a late fade.

I admit the signs aren't good with Cooper, but he did win a Manager of the Month award for a reason. Who knows, he may improve and thus improve the squad for the remainder of the season.

They are but it blows out of the water some of the current arguements being posted here...some say we could see what Potter was doing......the posts in that thread do not point to that.....and there are several other similar threads too.

Risca quotes in that thread about giving Potter a chane as we were 9 points off the play offs we currently stand 4 points from the play offs .

My point is all was not as rosy under Potter last year as many make out he too even though he was a more experienced manager got a lot wrong...including playing Routs a t right back!!!!

Cooper out on 13:42 - Dec 11 with 941 viewsTimTtam

Cooper out on 13:20 - Dec 11 by vetchonian

They are but it blows out of the water some of the current arguements being posted here...some say we could see what Potter was doing......the posts in that thread do not point to that.....and there are several other similar threads too.

Risca quotes in that thread about giving Potter a chane as we were 9 points off the play offs we currently stand 4 points from the play offs .

My point is all was not as rosy under Potter last year as many make out he too even though he was a more experienced manager got a lot wrong...including playing Routs a t right back!!!!

Definitely. Potter always made questionable decisions. When Grimes used to be a B+ midfielder, putting him at LB. Playing Nordfeldt right through to the end, even the last 2 games when we could've given Benda the experience of 2 Championship games. Playing Carter-Vickers over a fit Rodon at the end of the season. Among other issues.

I think if we had Potter this season we would be doing well and possibly be in 3rd position. But that's partly because he would've had a full season of managerial experience at this level. Cooper doesn't have that experience yet. In time, maybe he will, and maybe he'll improve.

My name is Matt

Cooper out on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 930 viewsBryanSwan

Cooper out on 12:32 - Dec 11 by Glyn1

We are NOT going to be relegated this season so there's no reason to sack him. And let's face it, the number of managers that we are getting through is becoming embarrassing.

Give him the rest of this season, pre-season, and the 1st half of the next one. Then discuss this again in 2021.

But not before then.

Would you still keep the faith if we havent picked up anymore points by January?
The decent start has given some breathing room, but close to the drop do we have to get before getting rid?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cooper out on 13:53 - Dec 11 with 920 viewsTimTtam

Cooper out on 13:48 - Dec 11 by BryanSwan

Would you still keep the faith if we havent picked up anymore points by January?
The decent start has given some breathing room, but close to the drop do we have to get before getting rid?

Who would you replace Cooper with? Keep in mind that it would have to be a cheap option, as the club are still cutting costs.

My name is Matt

Cooper out on 14:18 - Dec 11 with 880 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 13:20 - Dec 11 by vetchonian

I could see what Potter was trying to do here, I can't with Cooper that's the difference.

The same Routs who wasn't allowed to be played for a big chunk of the season due to appearance bonuses he had to waive to carry on his career?

You're right, all was not rosy last year, but it was nothing to do with the manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024