Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation fight is on 13:37 - Dec 8 with 7388 viewsThornburyswan

I’m calling it now, we need another 20 points to stay up - with our home form where are they coming from?
Relegation fight is on on 18:45 - Dec 21 with 2400 viewsNortbankboy

Relegation fight is on on 17:46 - Dec 21 by felixstowe_jack

6 points better of than we were under Potter at this stage last season even without Dan and Oli.

If only our supporters who get behind the team at home.

Well he should give crowd something to shout about.
The home games i have seen this season have been like pau l Clement teams.
Boring and no width.
Play wingers
Relegation fight is on on 18:49 - Dec 21 with 2392 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Relegation fight is on on 18:45 - Dec 21 by Nortbankboy

Well he should give crowd something to shout about.
The home games i have seen this season have been like pau l Clement teams.
Boring and no width.
Play wingers

If we had decent wingers we could.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Relegation fight is on on 23:05 - Dec 21 with 2271 viewsNotLoyal

Relegation fight is on on 14:59 - Dec 8 by swan65split

Play offs!!!........at this rate we"ll be lucky to get a jack off!

Mmmmm ....

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Relegation fight is on on 04:39 - Dec 22 with 2220 viewsTimTtam

Do our fans all have bipolar? One minute Cooper is leading us to promotion, the next it's CooperOut cause of bad results, the next it's CooperIn cause we beat the scum, the next it's COOPEROUT cause he's supposedly killing the confidence of our players, and now today everything is good again.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Relegation fight is on on 08:14 - Dec 22 with 2157 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is the home fans that are killing the players' confidence.
Away from home the fans cheer and encourage the players for 90 minutes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Relegation fight is on on 08:22 - Dec 22 with 2141 viewsCaptain_Sham

We appear to have already broken several records this season in that we have been both promoted from AND relegated from the same division in the same season, and all before Xmas.
Bravo.

Its just a ride.

Relegation fight is on on 08:35 - Dec 22 with 2122 viewsjack247

Relegation fight is on on 08:14 - Dec 22 by felixstowe_jack

We’re better away because teams generally set up to beat us, whereas they set up not to get beat when we’re at home. We’re not bad counter attacking teams that are pressing for a goal, despite our lack of pace. What we aren’t so good at is breaking down teams that are happy to sit back and hit us on the counter.

The fans are louder away yes, but that’s not the main reason our results are better.
Relegation fight is on on 08:55 - Dec 22 with 2098 viewsDr_Winston

When we're away, our habit of passing the ball around amongst the back four and midfield often works. Home teams are under pressure to get forward (even in the games we've won we've generally been besieged in our own half for long periods) but we've got the quality going forward to sneak the odd goal or two.

When we're at home the reverse applies. Our slow passing habits tend to piss our own supporters off with most teams happy to sit back and hit us on the break, and on the occasions we do muster numbers in attack we inevitably leave a gaping chasm in the centre of the park for teams to rampage right through.

Maybe my brain is processing things to match what I'm already thinking but I get the impression that we've shipped a hell of a lot of goals on the counter at home this season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation fight is on on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 2081 viewsBadlands

Relegation fight is on on 08:55 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

When we're away, our habit of passing the ball around amongst the back four and midfield often works. Home teams are under pressure to get forward (even in the games we've won we've generally been besieged in our own half for long periods) but we've got the quality going forward to sneak the odd goal or two.

When we're at home the reverse applies. Our slow passing habits tend to piss our own supporters off with most teams happy to sit back and hit us on the break, and on the occasions we do muster numbers in attack we inevitably leave a gaping chasm in the centre of the park for teams to rampage right through.

Maybe my brain is processing things to match what I'm already thinking but I get the impression that we've shipped a hell of a lot of goals on the counter at home this season.

I get hacked off when the word hisses and calls for route one football at home.
Moving the ball around and dragging players out of position is what got us promoted and we found out from the Monk days what happens when grunt replaces style - grind out points with RRRRs numbing football and eventually impede.
30 passes before an attempt on goal once wowed a continent it now draws howls of derision.
I find it hard going attending matches not because of our (often this season dreadful form) but because of the crowd.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Relegation fight is on on 09:10 - Dec 22 with 2058 viewsTimTtam

Relegation fight is on on 08:14 - Dec 22 by felixstowe_jack

Perhaps smaller crowds at home is a good thing, as there will be less plastic fans watching.

From the 5 combined minutes I managed to watch of the Luton game, the away crowd was superb. Especially when Luton made a mistake

My name is Matt

Relegation fight is on on 10:23 - Dec 22 with 1985 viewsNotLoyal

Relegation fight is on on 09:01 - Dec 22 by Badlands

Moving the ball around and dragging players out of position is what got us promoted and we found out from the Monk days what happens when grunt replaces style - grind out points with RRRRs numbing football and eventually impede.
30 passes before an attempt on goal once wowed a continent it now draws howls of derision.
I find it hard going attending matches not because of our (often this season dreadful form) but because of the crowd.

About time I agreed with you.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Relegation fight is on on 10:26 - Dec 22 with 1984 viewsjack247

Relegation fight is on on 09:01 - Dec 22 by Badlands

There’s a massive difference between 30 insightful passes, with the off ball movement to match, that slowly drag opponents out of position, then eventually create a chance and 30 sideways, backwards, sideways, sideways, forward, backward, sideways passes with the opposition camped happily in position that we see a lot of at home these days.

We look a little bit better with Carroll in midfield.
Relegation fight is on on 10:34 - Dec 22 with 1972 viewsmonmouth

Relegation fight is on on 10:26 - Dec 22 by jack247

There’s a massive difference between 30 insightful passes, with the off ball movement to match, that slowly drag opponents out of position, then eventually create a chance and 30 sideways, backwards, sideways, sideways, forward, backward, sideways passes with the opposition camped happily in position that we see a lot of at home these days.

We look a little bit better with Carroll in midfield.

Yes, this is the whole point. Possession football with intent is a lot different from knocking it back and forth with the opposition standing there pressing you back, hardly moving and laughing at you. I agree with getting annoyed at the crowd calling for hoofs, but not at moving the f*cking ball forwards and trying to score a goal now and again with an actual, you know, shot.

At home that doesn't happen because players are always looking backwards and pass to the wings rather than shoot even when, as with Celina and Byers (and Grimes used to be), they are capable of doing it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Relegation fight is on on 11:13 - Dec 22 with 1908 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation fight is on on 10:34 - Dec 22 by monmouth

Yes, this is the whole point. Possession football with intent is a lot different from knocking it back and forth with the opposition standing there pressing you back, hardly moving and laughing at you. I agree with getting annoyed at the crowd calling for hoofs, but not at moving the f*cking ball forwards and trying to score a goal now and again with an actual, you know, shot.

At home that doesn't happen because players are always looking backwards and pass to the wings rather than shoot even when, as with Celina and Byers (and Grimes used to be), they are capable of doing it.

The amount of occasions when you see players pass the ball backwards without even looking forward, or worse, when there's a forward option available but still pass it backwards anyway is ridiculous at times.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Relegation fight is on on 11:23 - Dec 23 with 1693 viewscockneyswan

Relegation fight is on on 11:13 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

The amount of occasions when you see players pass the ball backwards without even looking forward, or worse, when there's a forward option available but still pass it backwards anyway is ridiculous at times.

I don’t think everyone here understands that possession football is about keeping the ball as long as possible while waiting for the best time to attack, I understand this causes frustration among some fans, and often the derision voiced by our own fans will cause our players to make a bad pass. Opposition teams know our game and will try to force a risky pass to win back possession, as we have reduced our quality of players it gets more difficult to play the possession game but I do believe that we as supporters can help the team by not voicing derision every time someone makes a back pass or gets caught in possession, come on you Swans 👏
Relegation fight is on on 11:35 - Dec 23 with 1667 viewspencoedjack

Relegation fight is on on 11:23 - Dec 23 by cockneyswan

I don’t think everyone here understands that possession football is about keeping the ball as long as possible while waiting for the best time to attack, I understand this causes frustration among some fans, and often the derision voiced by our own fans will cause our players to make a bad pass. Opposition teams know our game and will try to force a risky pass to win back possession, as we have reduced our quality of players it gets more difficult to play the possession game but I do believe that we as supporters can help the team by not voicing derision every time someone makes a back pass or gets caught in possession, come on you Swans 👏

Spot on Cockney.

Even at Luton Saturday when they had 10 men behind the ball you can hear many of our fans getting frustrated with our players, even if making a forward pass would mean giving the ball away.

Maybe some should go watch hoofball up the road.
Relegation fight is on on 12:00 - Dec 23 with 1594 viewsmonmouth

We don't do that. We look backwards first every time. Then give it to Woodman or The Horn as we have no where else to go and then they take ten touches, wait until there is absolutely nothing on, and hoof it up the field.

As Dr W says, quite often there is a clear forward pass on but it's not taken. and they NEVER turn and see what's in front of them.

Your analysis simply does not match what is visibly happening on the field.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Relegation fight is on on 12:18 - Dec 23 with 1574 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation fight is on on 12:00 - Dec 23 by monmouth

We don't do that. We look backwards first every time. Then give it to Woodman or The Horn as we have no where else to go and then they take ten touches, wait until there is absolutely nothing on, and hoof it up the field.

As Dr W says, quite often there is a clear forward pass on but it's not taken. and they NEVER turn and see what's in front of them.

Your analysis simply does not match what is visibly happening on the field.

This.

It's quite surprising to see how many people think a fanbase who spent nigh on a decade watching possession football can't tell the difference between a team deliberately retaining the ball as a means to create space and chances, and one that frequently doesn't know what else to do apart from pass the ball sideways and backwards. The difference is night and day.

Relegation fight is on on 12:41 - Dec 23 with 1533 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Relegation fight is on on 12:18 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

This.

It's quite surprising to see how many people think a fanbase who spent nigh on a decade watching possession football can't tell the difference between a team deliberately retaining the ball as a means to create space and chances, and one that frequently doesn't know what else to do apart from pass the ball sideways and backwards. The difference is night and day.

Indeed.

This team doesn’t help itself by being static. They should watch videos of Leon Britton playing. Pass and move, pass and move, make yourself available in space. Give the ball carrier options. Leon must have been great to play with because he always gave you an out ball. He was the oil that made the machine run smoothly.

This team are playing statues. Every time I look at someone he’s standing still (Ayew excepted). It makes us easy to play against. We don’t have midfield players prepared to get themselves between the lines, turn, and run at the opposition.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Relegation fight is on on 12:48 - Dec 23 with 1519 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation fight is on on 12:41 - Dec 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed.

This team doesn’t help itself by being static. They should watch videos of Leon Britton playing. Pass and move, pass and move, make yourself available in space. Give the ball carrier options. Leon must have been great to play with because he always gave you an out ball. He was the oil that made the machine run smoothly.

This team are playing statues. Every time I look at someone he’s standing still (Ayew excepted). It makes us easy to play against. We don’t have midfield players prepared to get themselves between the lines, turn, and run at the opposition.

The movement in the team is appalling and never more obvious than when we've got a throw in.

Relegation fight is on on 14:20 - Dec 23 with 1414 viewsjack247

This reads like you think we are still playing the kind of football we did from Martinez to Laudrup.

It’s not about waiting for the best time to attack. It’s about pressing and probing, clever off ball movement, playing little triangles to create numerical advantages, then exploiting them. What tends to happen now, is we aren’t necessarily static when teammates are in possession, but we don’t make the kind of clever runs that drag opponents out of position. Consequently, they sit in position while we pass, mainly sideways, without a lot of penetration.

I wouldn’t even call it possession football to be honest, I doubt we’ve had much more than 50% of the ball over the season and some of it is down to opponents not pressuring us when we have it in non threatening areas.

It’s honestly not the fans fault.
Relegation fight is on on 09:30 - Dec 24 with 1090 viewsOneill_77

Relegation fight is on on 12:48 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

The movement in the team is appalling and never more obvious than when we've got a throw in.

The movement in the team was far from appalling on Saturday, which isn't the first time we've shown how well can play. Quite a few posters have been encouraged by the way in which the team/manager are striving to get back to our traditional style.

What is apparent is the players are less confident, positive and fluid at home. The shackles are on, heads are down and the fear factor is palpable.

The home crowd can and should help, not hinder our development.
Relegation fight is on on 10:04 - Dec 24 with 1014 viewsTimTtam

Relegation fight is on on 09:30 - Dec 24 by Oneill_77

The movement in the team was far from appalling on Saturday, which isn't the first time we've shown how well can play. Quite a few posters have been encouraged by the way in which the team/manager are striving to get back to our traditional style.

What is apparent is the players are less confident, positive and fluid at home. The shackles are on, heads are down and the fear factor is palpable.

The home crowd can and should help, not hinder our development.

Our next 3 home games are Barnsley, Charlton, and Wigan. If there's ever an opportunity to regain some confidence while playing at home, it is coming up very soon. And hopefully that reinvigorates the home crowd too.

I'm fairly certain we played better last week because we got some confidence back. We've seen the potential we can reach at home earlier in the season, when our confidence was sky high.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024