Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The American owners 14:20 - Dec 8 with 1768 viewsChief

Just what is their plan then? Coz we certainly aren't going up this season. There's even less chance next season with the squad being more depleted.

So if they aren't taking money out of club from players sales/savings on wages got off the books, how are they going to recoup their investors money?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The American owners on 14:27 - Dec 8 with 1723 viewsjack2jack

Don't give a flying fvck,simple as that.
The American owners on 14:28 - Dec 8 with 1714 viewsSwansea93

DC United comes first, we ain't even thought of, and they are sending some DC United players here in January.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The American owners on 14:29 - Dec 8 with 1702 viewswaynekerr55

Probably minimising their losses - if I was them I'd be asking some serious fúcking questions about whoever did their due dilligence

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The American owners on 14:31 - Dec 8 with 1677 viewssg1912

They are untrustworthy, if they say they are not taking money from the player sales it almost certainly means they are.
The American owners on 14:33 - Dec 8 with 1675 viewsTimTtam

By clearing debt and/or creating a surplus of cash in the club, it will make a sale price higher and the investment of buying a club look more attractive.

Their plan is simply to run DC United and try and win them the league. Then in Jan and June-Aug, they take a quick look at Swansea's finances and work out which players to sell this time. They do not care one bit about us. They will look to sell us asap for the best price they can get in the quickest amount of time.

If they decide to sell before the start of the 2020/21 season, we won't be in too bad shape. But they have to get out of the club asap, or we could be in trouble.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The American owners on 14:47 - Dec 8 with 1615 viewsjack247

Their plan was not to get relegated and eventually sell us on for a profit. The contingency plan for relegation was to slash costs as much as possible, distance themselves from us and write us off as a bad debt
The American owners on 14:51 - Dec 8 with 1592 views3swan

The American owners on 14:47 - Dec 8 by jack247

Their plan was not to get relegated and eventually sell us on for a profit. The contingency plan for relegation was to slash costs as much as possible, distance themselves from us and write us off as a bad debt

Also putting trust in a director of football out of his depth. You start your reign in charge in an underhand way and it just goes in one direction
The American owners on 15:25 - Dec 8 with 1517 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Don’t forget we are up for sale 🤷🏼‍♂️

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

The American owners on 15:52 - Dec 8 with 1450 viewsmajorraglan

There are going to me more cuts ahead, the Western Mail have last seasons parachute payment £40m, this years £33m ( the first instalment of which was sold on last year so possibly £25m ish? ) and next year is £14m (if A Ayew is still at the club his wage will account for about a third of that) after that it’s zero. The club now owns the ground, has potentially picked up some significant costs re maintenance. If the club is to remain solvent costs are going to have to be made.

I had high hopes of this season with Baston and Ayew still at the club and the great start, but it’s imploding at an alarming rate.
The playing squad is going to need a complete rebuild next summer, Rodon and Roberts will be sold one and when the Academy loses its Cat 1 status the vulchers will circulate and pick off the talent.
The American owners on 15:53 - Dec 8 with 1446 viewsjack247

The American owners on 15:25 - Dec 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Don’t forget we are up for sale 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think the price is going to have to plummet if they don’t find a buyer this season. We’re going to lose a fair few in the summer and won’t replace them properly.
The American owners on 16:13 - Dec 8 with 1398 viewsTenbySwan

5 players bought in in the summer were on loan. Woodman, Sturridge etc not worth diddly squat to the club and will move on.

#YanksOutNow.
The American owners on 16:23 - Dec 8 with 1366 viewspencoedjack

I expect the trust are on their case.
The American owners on 16:40 - Dec 8 with 1308 viewsunion_jack

The American owners on 16:23 - Dec 8 by pencoedjack

I expect the trust are on their case.

What’s the latest?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The American owners on 17:03 - Dec 8 with 1252 viewsCooperman

Their plan?

Before the season started I genuinely thought the plan was all about a medium to long term rebuild, a return to the ‘Swansea way’, a return to Premier League riches and then an offload of us ASAP. They would have happily accepted a break even return at this point. It’s also inevitable that part of this plan included the offload of all high earners including Borja and A Ayew and when we failed to do this during the September window a serious amount of head scratching went on with regards to the financial position. However nervousness was tempered somewhat by the early results.

Since then results have gone downhill and little noises have been made about giving consideration to selling. I for one don’t believe that this is genuine unless there is something going on in the background with the sell outs.

What I cannot see them doing is selling for a stinking great hit.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The American owners on 17:08 - Dec 8 with 1231 viewspencoedjack

The American owners on 16:40 - Dec 8 by union_jack

What’s the latest?

No clue hasn’t been an update for a while.
The American owners on 17:12 - Dec 8 with 1221 viewsjack247

The American owners on 17:03 - Dec 8 by Cooperman

Their plan?

Before the season started I genuinely thought the plan was all about a medium to long term rebuild, a return to the ‘Swansea way’, a return to Premier League riches and then an offload of us ASAP. They would have happily accepted a break even return at this point. It’s also inevitable that part of this plan included the offload of all high earners including Borja and A Ayew and when we failed to do this during the September window a serious amount of head scratching went on with regards to the financial position. However nervousness was tempered somewhat by the early results.

Since then results have gone downhill and little noises have been made about giving consideration to selling. I for one don’t believe that this is genuine unless there is something going on in the background with the sell outs.

What I cannot see them doing is selling for a stinking great hit.

I can.

They are going to get to a point where they can’t afford to run the club soon. Further reduced parachute payments, no £20m players to sell. The longer they keep hold of us, the less value we are going to hold. They’ll cash in if they get any kind of offer IMO.
The American owners on 17:16 - Dec 8 with 1209 viewsCooperman

The American owners on 17:12 - Dec 8 by jack247

I can.

They are going to get to a point where they can’t afford to run the club soon. Further reduced parachute payments, no £20m players to sell. The longer they keep hold of us, the less value we are going to hold. They’ll cash in if they get any kind of offer IMO.

As our stock contracts it becomes a buyers market rather than a sellers market.

I’m trying to gauge what sort of hit they would be prepared to take on their £70m and I’d probably limit at 40%.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The American owners on 17:28 - Dec 8 with 1166 viewsTenbySwan

Looking at Brighton v Wolves we are light years behind them now, never mind the likes of West Bromwich and Leeds

Very sad, unnecessary and bloody depressing.
The American owners on 17:39 - Dec 8 with 1133 viewsBadlands

At the start of the season the plan was toes where we were in January.
If we were in with a decent chance of promotion players would be brought in to push for the PL.
Cooper was happy with additions although he has said he didn't have time for scouting fella to be effective.
August and everyone was happy (almost everyone some of us were taking abuse for not hailing Cooper as a coaching sensation).
Given the rapid decline in results, performance and morale we will not get additional players but might lose a few and bring in a couple of loans to bumble our way to the end of the season (IMO).
It looks like we are going to struggle for the rest of the season.
The thing is Birch and the Americans are tight lipped until something actually happens.
Will the 39% of share holders be pushing the Americans to match their financial input.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The American owners on 19:32 - Dec 8 with 996 viewsjack247

The American owners on 17:39 - Dec 8 by Badlands

At the start of the season the plan was toes where we were in January.
If we were in with a decent chance of promotion players would be brought in to push for the PL.
Cooper was happy with additions although he has said he didn't have time for scouting fella to be effective.
August and everyone was happy (almost everyone some of us were taking abuse for not hailing Cooper as a coaching sensation).
Given the rapid decline in results, performance and morale we will not get additional players but might lose a few and bring in a couple of loans to bumble our way to the end of the season (IMO).
It looks like we are going to struggle for the rest of the season.
The thing is Birch and the Americans are tight lipped until something actually happens.
Will the 39% of share holders be pushing the Americans to match their financial input.

No, that was never the plan, it was just what they said to placate fans. Birch went back on it a month or so ago, when we looked like we may be in contention.

The Americans knew exactly what they were getting into buying a majority stake in a club with 21% supporter ownership. The trust were never going to be able to invest, the Americans knew that and blaming the trust and fans is a pretty desperate drum to be beating, as you have been recently.

They are incompetent, irresponsible and since relegation, disinterested. They are ruining our club. Previous owners are just as culpable for selling to them.
The American owners on 20:35 - Dec 8 with 917 viewswaynekerr55

The American owners on 19:32 - Dec 8 by jack247

No, that was never the plan, it was just what they said to placate fans. Birch went back on it a month or so ago, when we looked like we may be in contention.

The Americans knew exactly what they were getting into buying a majority stake in a club with 21% supporter ownership. The trust were never going to be able to invest, the Americans knew that and blaming the trust and fans is a pretty desperate drum to be beating, as you have been recently.

They are incompetent, irresponsible and since relegation, disinterested. They are ruining our club. Previous owners are just as culpable for selling to them.

💯👌

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The American owners on 20:37 - Dec 8 with 909 viewsbonymine

Couldn’t have put it better myself 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The American owners on 21:05 - Dec 8 with 865 viewsBest_loser

Wonder how the fans would react if Morgan buys it back

Must be a possibility
The American owners on 21:08 - Dec 8 with 848 viewslonglostjack

Great post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The American owners on 21:27 - Dec 8 with 803 viewsFireboy2

This in a nutshell.

I mentioned the exact same scenario today.

The current owners do not give a flying fvck where we are in the football league.

And the previous owners are as much to blame.

Shame on you, proper swans fans my @rse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024