Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Billy basics" 14:28 - Dec 8 with 1790 viewsdickythorpe

Some of our players can't trap a ball, cross a ball or pass a ball.
Who's fault is that?
The "Billy basics" on 14:33 - Dec 8 with 1761 viewsjack2jack

Theirs, they need to put a shift in and earn their keep, I'm fed up of this not playing for the manager garbage.Put in a decent effort and play for the shirt and the fans.
Rocket science it isn't.Rant over.
The "Billy basics" on 14:35 - Dec 8 with 1745 viewsunion_jack

In many cases, they can’t trap it because it’s over hit. They’re just not at the races as individuals or as a team atm.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The "Billy basics" on 14:38 - Dec 8 with 1721 viewsJohnw102

Some? Majority couldn't trap a bag of wet cement. Back to basics on the training ground.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The "Billy basics" on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 1694 viewsoldcob

There's no grit and determination in the team. They are more interested in counting passes than results. They hardly break sweat. Sometimes you need to graft, we only have two or three prepared to do that.
The "Billy basics" on 14:42 - Dec 8 with 1681 viewsdobjack2

Also their inability to retain possession. Stupid fecking flicks to give away possession and sloppy balls into the forwards is criminal.
The "Billy basics" on 14:43 - Dec 8 with 1663 viewscmajack

They can't even take throw ins. They have been pathetic for years, and Fulton seems incapable of running faster than a canter.
The "Billy basics" on 14:43 - Dec 8 with 1659 views3swan

I've been saying the same for weeks. We have many players who can't do the basics when needed. Add that to more than often missing obvious passes eventually to give a pass to a player already under pressure. Cooper must be questioned when he says we will carry on the same home or away. Game management is a big part of football. We have a very unbalanced squad but it does seem as if the tactics are turn up boys enjoy the game, don't get high after a win and low after a defeat. A lightweight team can still battle and want to win the ball, it's called professional pride and teamwork
The "Billy basics" on 15:01 - Dec 8 with 1619 viewsYossarian

What saddens me most is that nearly everyone is hiding. Only Ayew appears to want to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Everyone is passing the buck, not showing for it and when they get it they play percentages sideways or backwards. When someone actually hits a pass it goes astray. It’s a terrible thing but I’m starting to think that a few of them realise they’re not good enough at this level and they are demoralised.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

The "Billy basics" on 15:10 - Dec 8 with 1589 viewsskettyparkherbert

The "Billy basics" on 14:38 - Dec 8 by Johnw102

Some? Majority couldn't trap a bag of wet cement. Back to basics on the training ground.

That's not the case. In training they are all the bollocks but match situation when under pressure it's a totally different scenario, they are so mentally weak and lacking in a backbone the basics become really hard to do.
The "Billy basics" on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 1454 viewsbuilthjack

There are a number of players in our team who can only use one foot. They really can't pass a ball with the other foot.
They should not even be considered as professional footballers.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The "Billy basics" on 16:52 - Dec 8 with 1437 viewsBadlands

The "Billy basics" on 14:43 - Dec 8 by 3swan

I've been saying the same for weeks. We have many players who can't do the basics when needed. Add that to more than often missing obvious passes eventually to give a pass to a player already under pressure. Cooper must be questioned when he says we will carry on the same home or away. Game management is a big part of football. We have a very unbalanced squad but it does seem as if the tactics are turn up boys enjoy the game, don't get high after a win and low after a defeat. A lightweight team can still battle and want to win the ball, it's called professional pride and teamwork

But all of those players could do the basics last season and the beginning of this!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The "Billy basics" on 16:59 - Dec 8 with 1399 views3swan

The "Billy basics" on 16:52 - Dec 8 by Badlands

But all of those players could do the basics last season and the beginning of this!

I'm not sure they could. Maybe the different style of play didn't show up the failings so much.. This season players seem to be rushing things where as last season they appeared to have more time.
The "Billy basics" on 17:04 - Dec 8 with 1380 views3swan

The "Billy basics" on 16:47 - Dec 8 by builthjack

There are a number of players in our team who can only use one foot. They really can't pass a ball with the other foot.

I agree as I'm interested in our club and players but it can be said of many in today's football
The "Billy basics" on 19:54 - Dec 8 with 1267 viewsWxmJax

The "Billy basics" on 14:42 - Dec 8 by dobjack2

Also their inability to retain possession. Stupid fecking flicks to give away possession and sloppy balls into the forwards is criminal.

Thought the same as this while watching the game. So frustrating.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The "Billy basics" on 22:14 - Dec 8 with 1159 viewsbuilthjack

The "Billy basics" on 17:04 - Dec 8 by 3swan

I agree as I'm interested in our club and players but it can be said of many in today's football

There are one footed footballers who are great. But we have one footed footballers are are well below even average.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The "Billy basics" on 22:25 - Dec 8 with 1128 viewsCatullus

The "Billy basics" on 14:43 - Dec 8 by 3swan

I'd agree. It's more like he's coaching a kids team and saying enjoy the game the result doesn't matter. Maybe that's the problem, he's Mt Nice guy and hasn't the balls to read them the riot act. Where's Fergies hairdryer?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The "Billy basics" on 23:13 - Dec 8 with 1081 viewsPentyrchJack

The "Billy basics" on 16:47 - Dec 8 by builthjack

Good post. Naughton who plays on the left despite being only right footed. Bidwell is another example. They are unable to use either foot even in a basic trap - control - pass - move sequence.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The "Billy basics" on 01:06 - Dec 9 with 1004 viewsBadlands

The "Billy basics" on 16:59 - Dec 8 by 3swan

I'm not sure they could. Maybe the different style of play didn't show up the failings so much.. This season players seem to be rushing things where as last season they appeared to have more time.

Ayew was playing hell with Grimes and Byers last week for hammering the ball when attempting to make 10 yard passes. Some of the shortchanged passing was hit with more power Han they could muster for shots.
Personally I'd get someone with experience in before the January window or relegation is a distinct possibility.
How many of our better players will want to new contracts if Cooper remains in charge?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The "Billy basics" on 01:51 - Dec 9 with 993 viewscockneyswan

The "Billy basics" on 16:59 - Dec 8 by 3swan

The opposition teams have worked us out, they know that if the press us high we not good enough and will lose possession couldn’t count the number of times this happens, Cooper though for many games refused to change, however I have noticed recently were playing long ball more but we don’t have good enough forwards to play long ball either. We now paying the price for not investing in the squad. 🤬
The "Billy basics" on 06:21 - Dec 9 with 933 viewsKilkennyjack

I thought all the former Academy players would have the required technical ability ?
Otherwise whats it for ?

Poor.

Beware of the Risen People

The "Billy basics" on 07:12 - Dec 9 with 899 viewsbuilthjack

The "Billy basics" on 23:13 - Dec 8 by PentyrchJack

Good post. Naughton who plays on the left despite being only right footed. Bidwell is another example. They are unable to use either foot even in a basic trap - control - pass - move sequence.

Our Captain can't use his right foot at all. That is bonkers.

The "Billy basics" on 08:22 - Dec 9 with 828 viewssainthelens

The "Billy basics" on 07:12 - Dec 9 by builthjack

Our Captain can't use his right foot at all. That is bonkers.

Watching him I thought he was right footed.
The "Billy basics" on 10:12 - Dec 9 with 772 viewsvetchonian

I find it strange that persons on here blame the manager for players not being able to do the basics. THese things have nothing to do with current coaching...those skills ie trapping the ball passing etc are the things that got them noticed when they wee younger and brought them to thier proffesion as pro footballers.

YEs maybe some paasing drills for quick one touch movement of theball will help but the inabiltiy to basically control the ball, or find the correct weight for a pass is down to the individuals skill.

Much has been said about Grimes....yes he appeared to shine last season...but maybe it was a ine off. Much has been written about him here in the past the hype about him being the "next Glenn Hoddle", he has been ou ton loan to many other clubs where he was just ordinary?.....Maybe last season was just a one off...with the added buredn if the captaincy not helping either....so yes we can blame Cooper for that ....but to blame him for players unable to do the basics well thats laughable!
Training ground regimes and drills are albout shape, set plays tactics not "this how you trap , pass or kick a ball"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The "Billy basics" on 11:09 - Dec 9 with 728 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The "Billy basics" on 15:01 - Dec 8 by Yossarian

What saddens me most is that nearly everyone is hiding. Only Ayew appears to want to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Everyone is passing the buck, not showing for it and when they get it they play percentages sideways or backwards. When someone actually hits a pass it goes astray. It’s a terrible thing but I’m starting to think that a few of them realise they’re not good enough at this level and they are demoralised.

Some of those players played in the Prem and did quite well.
They all did very well at the beginning of this season, the only thing that normally causes that kind of change is a lack of confidence.
We saw the same kind of thing under Monk, Bradley and Clement.
Once the confidence goes so do all the skills and enthusiasm.
Has anyone seen any training videos which is something they used to show before under "preparing for matches"?
I haven't, I wonder why?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024