Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper reaction to West Brom 15:18 - Dec 8 with 2545 viewsYossarian

I’m getting really sick of the fatuous nonsense he’s regurgitating now. The ‘team’ was admittedly awful but he went straight into blaming the naivety of players we have been telling him to drop. The biggest culprit is the ‘skipper’ ffs. Anyone asking him if he takes any responsibility?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 15:20]

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 15:23 - Dec 8 with 2484 viewssainthelens

Concede first on Wednesday it'll be toxic.
Cooper reaction to West Brom on 07:23 - Dec 9 with 2091 viewsTimTtam

I noticed back when the losses began that his post match comments were identical in several areas from week to week. But as time has gone it's become ridiculous. It's entirely identical these days. Literally every time we lose, Cooper says things along the lines of "We need to focus on next week. All that matters is how we respond next time". Yet the 'response' lasts 1 game minimum, and then we lose again, and then he says the same lines again. And again, and again.

I can see us potentially beating Blackburn. We seem to respond well after an awful performance. Everything will be rosy, all problems will be fixed, and we'll be on our way to good form. But if we do win that one, we're guaranteed to draw of lose to Middlesbrough. And then Cooper will come out with the usual comments.

Whether it's team formation, team selection, or approach in training, something MUST change.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 08:12 - Dec 9 with 2006 viewsmonmouth

Really doesn’t matter what he says, it’s his job to SORT IT OUT.

You know what sticks in my throat, and would if I were a player? The fist pumps.

Take the glory mate, take the blame.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 08:37 - Dec 9 with 1967 viewsJinxy

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 08:12 - Dec 9 by monmouth

Really doesn’t matter what he says, it’s his job to SORT IT OUT.

You know what sticks in my throat, and would if I were a player? The fist pumps.

Take the glory mate, take the blame.

Totally agree. In amongst the twaddle, I didn't hear him accepting responsibility, at least publicly.

Edit: I recall Brenda taking full responsibility once after Taylor, I think, gave the ball away playing out from the back which led to a goal. The smart move is to publicly give the players the credit when we do well, take the blame when we lose. Behind the scenes can be different of course.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 8:41]
Cooper reaction to West Brom on 08:53 - Dec 9 with 1929 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 08:37 - Dec 9 by Jinxy

Totally agree. In amongst the twaddle, I didn't hear him accepting responsibility, at least publicly.

Edit: I recall Brenda taking full responsibility once after Taylor, I think, gave the ball away playing out from the back which led to a goal. The smart move is to publicly give the players the credit when we do well, take the blame when we lose. Behind the scenes can be different of course.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 8:41]

Another time I remember Brendan taking responsibility when Utd beat us 1-0 I think at home when giggs intercepted a ball from Rangel in our own half. Brendan said something along the lines of asking them to play that way so happy to take responsibility when it goes wrong

If you’re going to get called naive from your manager every time you make a mistake it’s not going to help build the trust and relationship

Think cooper has to do a bit more here instead of blaming the players which is what he’s seemingly doing.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 09:35 - Dec 9 with 1855 views3swan

Cooper reaction to West Brom on 08:53 - Dec 9 by PatchesOHoulihan

Another time I remember Brendan taking responsibility when Utd beat us 1-0 I think at home when giggs intercepted a ball from Rangel in our own half. Brendan said something along the lines of asking them to play that way so happy to take responsibility when it goes wrong

If you’re going to get called naive from your manager every time you make a mistake it’s not going to help build the trust and relationship

Think cooper has to do a bit more here instead of blaming the players which is what he’s seemingly doing.

Not the best of post match interviews. It did seem as if he wasn't taking any responsibility for the defeat. We are a lightweight and unbalanced squad but we are not seeing the style of football that we were lead to believe pre season. There have been glimpses but they are overshadowed by poor performances. Injuries have affected our attempts at playing at pace, but even those players still need to prove their capabilities. We should still be able to play at a higher tempo but letting the ball do the work. Also I do question players being in the team then not even in the bench etc . The U23 games are for development but surely players not involved in The first team should at least be getting game time for some match fitness and also their experience benefiting younger players
Cooper reaction to West Brom on 11:23 - Dec 9 with 1745 viewsKGriz16

I'm not his biggest fan at the moment, but you can't expect him to take the blame for absolute shite defending.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024