Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players 11:36 - Dec 9 with 4139 viewsAl_Bundy

Or just not good enough at this level ? Especially our midfield !?

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 11:43 - Dec 9 with 3135 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Add lacking in confidence, which usually starts with lack of confidence in what the Manager is doing.
Why were they good enough for the first 6 games?
Our midfield is and has been for ages too lightweight, but that shouldn't stop them trying.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 11:49 - Dec 9 with 3122 viewsvetchonian

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 11:43 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Add lacking in confidence, which usually starts with lack of confidence in what the Manager is doing.
Why were they good enough for the first 6 games?
Our midfield is and has been for ages too lightweight, but that shouldn't stop them trying.

What effect ahs the lack of contract discussions with the majority of the squad have on htem playing?

Would I as a player with an uncertain future want to go into a challenge which could result in an injury resulting in a long lay off....makes me less attractive to prospective new teams...flip side playing out of my skin gets me noticed which nobody seems to be doing either!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:29 - Dec 9 with 3056 viewsjack247

No balance.

Grimes, Byers, Carroll would all be better alongside a Leon, a Fer, a Pratley or whoever. They don’t bring the best out of each other.

People have been criticising Cooper and there’s merit in that too, he’s not getting much out of the midfield at all.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:42 - Dec 9 with 3031 viewslifelong

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:29 - Dec 9 by jack247

No balance.

Grimes, Byers, Carroll would all be better alongside a Leon, a Fer, a Pratley or whoever. They don’t bring the best out of each other.

People have been criticising Cooper and there’s merit in that too, he’s not getting much out of the midfield at all.

Yesterday’s midfield was similar to the one we’ve played all season, apart from Celina who was playing out wide in the first dozen games or so.
Body language has been mentioned in a thread yesterday and there is no doubt, in my opinion, that players are not happy at the club. A huge two home games coming up, they will tell us a lot on how this season will pan out.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:44 - Dec 9 with 3019 views34dfgdf54

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:29 - Dec 9 by jack247

No balance.

In fairness I don't think Pep would get much from our midfield.

I thought Fulton played well first half but went backwards after that. I'd be dropping Grimes and giving Carroll a few games and even have a look at Jack Evans. The owners haven't got any cash to spend on sorting the problem we have so we need to start looking within.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:53 - Dec 9 with 2993 viewsKGriz16

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:44 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

I thought Fulton played well first half but went backwards after that. I'd be dropping Grimes and giving Carroll a few games and even have a look at Jack Evans. The owners haven't got any cash to spend on sorting the problem we have so we need to start looking within.

Shut up. The same midfield Potter got a tune out of last season. Players are short on confidence, dropping them doesn't help that. Grimes is our most technically gifted player. Tactics are poor. If you watch Grimes is often secluded.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:57 - Dec 9 with 2982 views34dfgdf54

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:53 - Dec 9 by KGriz16

Shut up. The same midfield Potter got a tune out of last season. Players are short on confidence, dropping them doesn't help that. Grimes is our most technically gifted player. Tactics are poor. If you watch Grimes is often secluded.

Shut up? Nah.

Our midfield was the problem last year aswell. Grimes has been poor all season, you don't just keep a lad who is turning into a liability playing week in week out.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 12:57]
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:59 - Dec 9 with 2970 viewsDarran

I don’t believe we’ve got unmotivated and disinterested players. In my opinion several of them think they’re better than what they really are.
I keep getting ridiculed on here and twitter for saying it but if one of your midfielders is going into a game with Glasgow Rangers on his mind there’s something not right.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:01 - Dec 9 with 2962 viewsjack247

I don’t either. We have an unbalanced squad (midfield especially) and a rookie manager who either hasn’t got the ideas or the balls to back them up to try anything maverick like Potter and Guidolin did in the past.

I think the personnel is a bigger issue than the manager though.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:11 - Dec 9 with 2949 viewsjack247

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:53 - Dec 9 by KGriz16

In fairness, ‘the same midfield’ is oversimplifying it a bit. When you’ve got James occupying two players most of the time and McBurnie dropping back into midfield, making tackles and building attacks, the midfield trio had a bit more time and space.

Having said that, Potter got a tune out of Grimes at left back and even as a kind of centre back. Naughton had good games in central midfield. I don’t expect to see Cooper coming up with anything like that.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:18 - Dec 9 with 2923 viewsKGriz16

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:11 - Dec 9 by jack247

In fairness, ‘the same midfield’ is oversimplifying it a bit. When you’ve got James occupying two players most of the time and McBurnie dropping back into midfield, making tackles and building attacks, the midfield trio had a bit more time and space.

Having said that, Potter got a tune out of Grimes at left back and even as a kind of centre back. Naughton had good games in central midfield. I don’t expect to see Cooper coming up with anything like that.

You've mentioned the same midfield and then spoke about McBurnie and James? Neither are midfielders.

Potter is more tactically aware than Cooper, who insists on playing the same formation game in and game out without lack of change. The midfield isn't the problem. It's the lack of variety in our play.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:19 - Dec 9 with 2918 viewsKGriz16

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 12:57 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

Shut up? Nah.

Our midfield was the problem last year aswell. Grimes has been poor all season, you don't just keep a lad who is turning into a liability playing week in week out.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 12:57]

Clueless.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:19 - Dec 9 with 2916 viewsThornburyswan

For me we have an unbalanced squad, we got away with it early on which built self-confidence & with a few bounces of the ball going our way (Leeds away the most extreme example) we looked a top 8 challenger - now through a combination of being worked out, drop in form plus confidence taking a dip we look vulnerable & a lot more like a bottom 8 side.

Happens most seasons to a few clubs in each division both positively & negatively - Cooper needs to freshen up training, tweak the formation & starting 11 & re-build from there.

We are at best a mid-table team - we lack pace, a midfield controller & a 20 goal a season striker plus decent bench options.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:21 - Dec 9 with 2913 views34dfgdf54

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:19 - Dec 9 by KGriz16

Clueless.

Proof is in the pudding, sorry if you have a hard on over Grimes.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:25 - Dec 9 with 2899 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The fact that McBurnie isn't a midfielder didn't stop him spending much of his time dropping back and helping the midfield by playing between the lines.
We are missing a player like that very badly at the moment. None of our midfield players ever seem to run beyond the striker which is difficult to pick up. When Ayew goes roaming as he does dragging defenders why don't Byers or Grimes occupy the space that he's vacated? We are so predictable and easy to play against.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:29 - Dec 9 with 2887 viewsdickythorpe

It's unacceptable to me the way we have capitulated of late.
Certain players should be embarrassed to pick up their wages.
They should be embarrassed at their skill levels as well.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:40 - Dec 9 with 2851 viewsjack247

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:18 - Dec 9 by KGriz16

You've mentioned the same midfield and then spoke about McBurnie and James? Neither are midfielders.

Potter is more tactically aware than Cooper, who insists on playing the same formation game in and game out without lack of change. The midfield isn't the problem. It's the lack of variety in our play.

You’ve missed the point, read it again. It’s easier for the central midfield to look good when you’ve got a winger and a striker causing headaches for the opposing midfield thereby giving ours more time and space to play.

Yes, Potter is a better manager than Cooper.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:04 - Dec 9 with 2807 viewsvetchonian

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:40 - Dec 9 by jack247

You’ve missed the point, read it again. It’s easier for the central midfield to look good when you’ve got a winger and a striker causing headaches for the opposing midfield thereby giving ours more time and space to play.

Well said Jack
People keep banging on about Cooper having the smae group of players and the same midfield did better last year but they forget how James tied up two oppostion players,Ollie was often found deep in midfield much to the moans of many who sit around me """he is a centre forwrd what is hew doing in midfield"
The talk of Grimes playing well last year ....maybe this was when he was at fullback?

Yes Potter is a better manager he has more years experience than Cooper at "senior" level..Potter did try to work with his resources to get the best out of a poor squad....he even played Naughtin in midfield so for people to come on here spouting that the midfield this season was teh same as last is poopycock!!!

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:17 - Dec 9 with 2775 viewsDarran

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 13:40 - Dec 9 by jack247

Anyone know how Potter did in his first ever season in management?

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:24 - Dec 9 with 2750 viewstheloneranger

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:17 - Dec 9 by Darran

Anyone know how Potter did in his first ever season in management?

Östersunds FK were promoted in his first season in charge.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:25 - Dec 9 with 2748 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What do you mean they haven't got any cash to spend?
Where did the parachute payments and the Player sales cash go?
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:29 - Dec 9 with 2737 views34dfgdf54

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:25 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

I have no idea, but they have said publicly no money will be spent.

Cooper said again today it is very unlikely we will be doing anything in January.
Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:32 - Dec 9 with 2729 viewsDarran

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:24 - Dec 9 by theloneranger

Östersunds FK were promoted in his first season in charge.

Not bad.

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:39 - Dec 9 with 2716 viewsvetchonian

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:25 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

The money has gone on plugging the gap between our income now that we are no longer in the PL and our expenditure which in spme areas is still at PL level!!!

Forget the conspirancy theories of it all being spirited away to the US of A

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:44 - Dec 9 with 2699 viewstheloneranger

Unmotivated and Disinterested Players on 14:32 - Dec 9 by Darran

Not bad.

... And in his 2nd season.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024