Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. 12:45 - Dec 9 with 14522 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This Video tells you the real story about COP 25 in a short space of time.
You won't see it shown on the BBC.

Watch it before it is "disappeared.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:14 - Dec 9 with 1827 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 21:55 - Dec 9 by Catullus

Don't apologise, you're right. Unless people buy into it, it can never succeed.

Part of the problem was when scientists got caught 'adjusting' data, was it the East Anglia Uni bods? People started to think it was just more BS so they could raise taxes or keep their funding, possibly both.

Global warning isn't in question but it's a naturally occuring cycle but all the pollution, environmental destruction, that is real, it's evidenced and it's getting worse.

Saying that the destruction of the Amazon is to feed people is glossing over the problems it causes. The plastics pollution isn't just in the seas and oceans, it's in the food chain too. We are destroying coral reefs, depleting fish stocks and even the drive towards electric cars isn't the great saviour some say it is, it comes with problems too.

Thing is, this won't affect me so much because I'll be lucky if I'm still here in 20 years but my son is 11. It's his future.

I totally agree that the real problem is pollution and CO2 is not pollution.
Can you tell me which Coral Reefs you think that we have destroyed and how we destroyed them?
It is not a trick question, I would just like to know so that I can check it.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:19 - Dec 9 with 1814 viewsLuther27

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:14 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you tell me which Coral Reefs you think that we have destroyed and how we destroyed them?

Here's a quick link https://www.leisurepro.com/blog/ocean-news/5-main-coral-reef-destruction/
CO2 will under certain conditions for carbolic acid which doesn't help.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:24 - Dec 9 with 1807 viewsCatullus

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:14 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

https://www.theworldcounts.com/counters/ocean_ecosystem_facts/coral_reef_destruc

There you go, we have lost 19% of our coral reefs and they reckon we coukd lose another 35% somewhere between 10-40 years

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:54 - Dec 9 with 1790 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:24 - Dec 9 by Catullus

https://www.theworldcounts.com/counters/ocean_ecosystem_facts/coral_reef_destruc

There you go, we have lost 19% of our coral reefs and they reckon we coukd lose another 35% somewhere between 10-40 years

And you believe that site?
Note the 1/5 of the Coral Reefs have been lost or DAMAGED.
Not the same thing at all.
Where are the references, the studies, which ones are they talking about?
Coral Reefs are always being bleached by Cold, Sunshine due to low tides and Heat and killed by starfish.

According to the "Scientists" the Great Barrier Reef has nearly been wiped out, except it was lies, yes areas had been bleached and then recovered as they have been doing for thousands of years.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 23:04 - Dec 9 with 1779 viewsBrynCartwright

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:54 - Dec 9 by A_Fans_Dad

And you believe that site?
Note the 1/5 of the Coral Reefs have been lost or DAMAGED.
Not the same thing at all.
Where are the references, the studies, which ones are they talking about?
Coral Reefs are always being bleached by Cold, Sunshine due to low tides and Heat and killed by starfish.

According to the "Scientists" the Great Barrier Reef has nearly been wiped out, except it was lies, yes areas had been bleached and then recovered as they have been doing for thousands of years.

Please try to comprehend what the VAST majority of the scientists tell us. CO2 is a green house gas. Large quantities of it entering the atmosphere will heat up the planet. This is a recognised fact.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 00:57 - Dec 10 with 1734 viewsEbo

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 23:04 - Dec 9 by BrynCartwright

Please try to comprehend what the VAST majority of the scientists tell us. CO2 is a green house gas. Large quantities of it entering the atmosphere will heat up the planet. This is a recognised fact.

Pointless debating with this clown Bryn. He knows better than scientists who have spent their entire lives travelling and researching the subject.

I’d love to see him sit down with a scientist to discuss his views.

“So, what research have you done this past decade?”

AFD: “well there’s this video on YouTube see...”

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 02:43 - Dec 10 with 1706 viewsCooperman

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:07 - Dec 9 by monmouth

You have to remember with AFD that you are dealing with the biggest numpty on the site, and with Bluey, Bastoordo et al around, that’s one hell of an accolade.

I will raise you DGT.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:19 - Dec 10 with 1645 viewsBryanSwan

You surely cannot be serious, wildlife is going extinct, forestry is being destroyed at an ever increasing rate. Ice caps are shrinking.
The problem we have is there are too many people who believe the self serving rubbish spouted by people with vested interest in big business. (Trump etc.)
And until that ends and the likes of the US, China, India etc back environmental policies it will just get worse.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:25 - Dec 10 with 1642 viewsVincent_Vega

All I can say is that I went to Reykjavik last year, great place to go if you want to get a cross section of the global population as there's all sorts that visit.

Having chatted to a few one thing is very apparent, they're all in agreement that there's a difference in the climate, air quality, seasons etc compared to 10-15 years ago. Weather events and natural disasters are more intense than ever also. What's alarming a lot is the pace of change. Like we said somethings up, and you can't blame it on 'natural warming' as the rate of change is soo rapid comparatively.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:48 - Dec 10 with 1638 viewsAlfieMooresSon

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 13:45 - Dec 9 by Lord_Bony

As long as Trump doesn't care about climate change then nothing will change.

USA by far the biggest polluters of the planet followed by China and Russia. Bring these three into line then we 'll start getting results.

I thought China was the biggest?

Someone said the other day the UK only contributes 2% of the carbon footprint!
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:53 - Dec 10 with 1635 viewsAlfieMooresSon

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 13:45 - Dec 9 by Lord_Bony

As long as Trump doesn't care about climate change then nothing will change.

USA by far the biggest polluters of the planet followed by China and Russia. Bring these three into line then we 'll start getting results.

Here you go China 29%, USA 16%, UK only 1%, unless China and the US take it seriously anything we do will make very little difference!

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 10:11 - Dec 10 with 1630 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 00:57 - Dec 10 by Ebo

Pointless debating with this clown Bryn. He knows better than scientists who have spent their entire lives travelling and researching the subject.

I’d love to see him sit down with a scientist to discuss his views.

“So, what research have you done this past decade?”

AFD: “well there’s this video on YouTube see...”

I notice that no one actually wants to discuss the lies told by the head of the UN, proved as lies by the very Scientists that you believe.
Why is that?
Can't you admit that he lied?
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 10:12 - Dec 10 with 1628 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:48 - Dec 10 by AlfieMooresSon

I thought China was the biggest?

Someone said the other day the UK only contributes 2% of the carbon footprint!

You are correct that China is the biggest contributor to Atmospheric CO2.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 10:25 - Dec 10 with 1624 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:53 - Dec 10 by AlfieMooresSon

Here you go China 29%, USA 16%, UK only 1%, unless China and the US take it seriously anything we do will make very little difference!

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions

What that article didn't show is the rate of change of CO2 output of the top producers.
Even the Guardian (one of this forums favourite sources) has a trend graph showing how the USA & EU output is declining slightly while China, India and the rest of the world is increasing very fast indeed.
See
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/05/brutal-news-global-carbon-em
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 12:19 - Dec 10 with 1599 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 22:19 - Dec 9 by Luther27

Here's a quick link https://www.leisurepro.com/blog/ocean-news/5-main-coral-reef-destruction/
CO2 will under certain conditions for carbolic acid which doesn't help.

OK, so Coral Reefs have been around for some 485Million Years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_reef

During that time CO2 has varied from 5000ppm to 280ppm.

http://sbvor.blogspot.com/2000/01/atmospheric-co2-over-time.html
http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/virtualmuseum/climatechange2/07_1.shtml

How did they survive?

If they grew in 5000ppm why would 400ppm be a problem?
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 13:05 - Dec 10 with 1575 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Most posters on here agree that Plastic pollution particularly in the Oceans is a major problem and there was a lot of finger pointing at Trump and the USA.
However the reality of the situation is slightly different.
The USA is the 12th worst plastic polluter.

https://www.statista.com/chart/12211/the-countries-polluting-the-oceans-the-most

In the case of Indonesia, the Phillipines and Malasia that chart is a bit unfair as the plastic they are handling is actually from Canada, the EU, especially the UK and the USA

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/28/treated-like-trash-south-eas

But apart from the use of plastic and the fact that they are dumping it what is the root cause of the pollution from those 3 countries.
It is the mis-handling of Recycled Plastic by various Governments based on the idea that plastic should be recyceld and not re-purposed.
When I say re-purposed I mean used for a different purpose like Burning it to produce Electricity and heat, the EU already does this.
But you can also turn it back in to Oil products.
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/environment/2019/03/burning-plastic-waste-g
Proper recycling in to other forms of plastic where possible, burning it or turning it back to Oil must be better than shipping it abroad to be "sorted & recycled" by cheap labour where environmental controls are virtually non existent.
China, the top polluter is another story.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:40 - Dec 10 with 1526 viewscontroversial_jack

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 09:25 - Dec 10 by Vincent_Vega

All I can say is that I went to Reykjavik last year, great place to go if you want to get a cross section of the global population as there's all sorts that visit.

Having chatted to a few one thing is very apparent, they're all in agreement that there's a difference in the climate, air quality, seasons etc compared to 10-15 years ago. Weather events and natural disasters are more intense than ever also. What's alarming a lot is the pace of change. Like we said somethings up, and you can't blame it on 'natural warming' as the rate of change is soo rapid comparatively.

We aren't actually. The US for example, is having less, tornadoes, less hurricanes, less droughts and wildfires than it has for several decades. It's just that these events are more widely reported on than they were then
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:41 - Dec 10 with 1525 viewsBytholWyn

Framing the climate emergency in those terms may well be realistic, there is a considerable danger that portraying the challenge in purely negative terms is counter-productive. Perhaps talking of a climate opportunity may be more constructive. Those countries that are early adopters when it comes to green energy have several advantages - not least security of supply, and technological know-how. The Danes have led the way with wind energy, in the days when heavy subsidies were required. They are now world leaders in a technology that's cheaper than gas.

The UK, and Wales in particular, has huge advantages in terms of wind, tidal and wave power. Economies of scale and technological advances will mean that these sources of power will become cheaper, if we're willing to take on the challenge. We could be World leaders - or laggers - the choice is ours. If we choose the former you can look forward to a continued dependance of other countries (often not aligned to our values) for our energy supplies and high level of pollutants throughout the country.

Where we lead others will follow.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:49 - Dec 10 with 1513 viewsLeonWasGod

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:40 - Dec 10 by controversial_jack

We aren't actually. The US for example, is having less, tornadoes, less hurricanes, less droughts and wildfires than it has for several decades. It's just that these events are more widely reported on than they were then

Swansea Uni has one of the leading experts on wildfires, who works regularly in the States, and he would disagree with that comment about wildfires.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:52 - Dec 10 with 1511 viewsBytholWyn

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:40 - Dec 10 by controversial_jack

Can you back that up with a reputable source? I think you may struggle...
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:59 - Dec 10 with 1506 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:52 - Dec 10 by BytholWyn

Does wikipedia do it for you?
If so just ask wikipedia to show you the burnt areas of Fires, the Land fall of severe Hurricanes and Category 3+ Tornados for the USA.
I will give you a clue, you won't believe it.
Then ask for Wild bush fires in Australia.
You won't like that either.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 16:00 - Dec 10 with 1504 viewsCatullus

AFD, CO2 isn't in itself a pollutant no, neither is plastic really, it becoems a pollutant when we just dump it. CO2 becomes a problem when there's too much of it and our output is rising globally.
Take a walk down most roads and you will see lots of old plastic bottles and containers blowing in the wind. Maybe I need to be more clear, I've not believed in man made gloabl warming but I do believe we are destroying the environment and eventually that will affect the climate as less CO2 will be absorbed, more animals and plants will go extinct and out quality of life will be affected too.
All of these things have natural levels of extinction and new species emerge but if we keep on destroying environments the tippig point will come.

The good news is that scientists now think population growth has slowed globally and it's only Africa and India who still have significant growth. Even China's fertility rate is below the 2.1 break even rate, the Uk I think was 1.5/1.7. Instead of the population hitting 11 billion they think it may max out around 8.9 billion and then start to shrink. The put the cause down to urbanisation, something that is still not a major influence in Africa or India, most peope still live in rural areas. When most of them live in cities the growth will stop. If we can get everybody recycling and re-using get businesses to use 100% recycleable packaging, cut the one use plastics completely things might get better.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 16:06 - Dec 10 with 1500 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:41 - Dec 10 by BytholWyn

Framing the climate emergency in those terms may well be realistic, there is a considerable danger that portraying the challenge in purely negative terms is counter-productive. Perhaps talking of a climate opportunity may be more constructive. Those countries that are early adopters when it comes to green energy have several advantages - not least security of supply, and technological know-how. The Danes have led the way with wind energy, in the days when heavy subsidies were required. They are now world leaders in a technology that's cheaper than gas.

The UK, and Wales in particular, has huge advantages in terms of wind, tidal and wave power. Economies of scale and technological advances will mean that these sources of power will become cheaper, if we're willing to take on the challenge. We could be World leaders - or laggers - the choice is ours. If we choose the former you can look forward to a continued dependance of other countries (often not aligned to our values) for our energy supplies and high level of pollutants throughout the country.

Where we lead others will follow.

You need to read up a bit about so called "Renewables", the wind, sun and tide may be renewable but the Production of the Generators is not.
You cannot use renewables to make Cement, Steel or Turbine Blades.
You also cannot rely on them for baseload generation because of their intermittency and please do not say we just need big batteries for storage.
Why do you think the Chinese are building so many Coal fired power stations and not just in China.

If you want real "Carbon" free generation you need Nuclear, which is what the UK should be developing.
SMRs and MSRs are the future.
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 16:11 - Dec 10 with 1499 viewscontroversial_jack

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 15:52 - Dec 10 by BytholWyn

https://www.thegwpf.com/ipcc-report-extreme-weather-events-not-getting-worse/
This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 16:17 - Dec 10 with 1492 viewsLeonWasGod

This one is for any bed wetting Climate Emergency believers. on 16:11 - Dec 10 by controversial_jack

https://www.thegwpf.com/ipcc-report-extreme-weather-events-not-getting-worse/

A climate change denier's 'think tank' run out of Tufton street isn't the most reliable of sources.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024