Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The football bubble 09:01 - Dec 10 with 3057 viewspencoedjack

Especially that in the PL, is it about to burst?

Games I have noticed in the last few weeks

Arsenal's ground was only 2/3 rds full for there recent defeat against Southampton (according to the commentator) & always emty seats at games

West Ham always empty seats

Brighton's ground had loads of empty spaces for the game against Wolves

Man City always empty seats

Even Newcastle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50722548
The football bubble on 09:05 - Dec 10 with 2436 viewsNotLoyal

I hope football does eat itself mate, it has fed the greediest in our sporting society for far too long.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The football bubble on 09:15 - Dec 10 with 2412 viewsBest_loser

Yes but are those empty seats season ticket holder seats ?
The football bubble on 09:27 - Dec 10 with 2381 viewspencoedjack

The football bubble on 09:15 - Dec 10 by Best_loser

Its irrelevant really

I cant remember PL football grounds having as many empty seats as they seem to have now.
The football bubble on 09:35 - Dec 10 with 2364 viewssherpajacob

The football bubble on 09:15 - Dec 10 by Best_loser

Makes it worse, if the most loyal fans are not turning up.?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The football bubble on 09:42 - Dec 10 with 2352 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The football bubble on 09:05 - Dec 10 by NotLoyal

I hope football does eat itself mate, it has fed the greediest in our sporting society for far too long.

I think it is starting to change, older fans are not always being replaced as a lot of youngsters just get used to watching football on TV due to Sky.

It's not the same experience, remember games at the Vetch in the 80's there is no comparison, it was like a different World!
The football bubble on 09:48 - Dec 10 with 2339 views3swan

Watched a bit of West Ham b Arsenal last night and had the same conversation. I do think it’s starting to change but it will all be down to overseas sales revenue.
The football bubble on 09:49 - Dec 10 with 2336 viewsVincent_Vega

Noticed it when we were in the prem,

Season tickets sold out, 20,700 attendance but loads of empty seats. Especially against less fancied teams.

Too many buy these tickets to see their 'big' team and the seat lies empty for 2/3 of the season.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The football bubble on 09:51 - Dec 10 with 2328 viewsBest_loser

The football bubble on 09:35 - Dec 10 by sherpajacob

Maybe they couldn't turn up

When season ticket sales decline, that's a bad sign

Not happening in the premier league
Login to get fewer ads

The football bubble on 10:03 - Dec 10 with 2291 viewssainthelens

Vast majority of PL grounds have huge number of koreans/asians attending. Seems they have the bunce to afford to go.
They are the next generation.
The football bubble on 11:00 - Dec 10 with 2219 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting to see that Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free half season ticket for the rest of the season to give someone as a Christmas present.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The football bubble on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 2204 viewsCooperman

Good thread this.

I've been thinking for a long time that it is on the edge of a precipice and the last TV deal only substantiated that thought - the introduction of Amazon is the game changer.

It might not be Amazon next time; it was them in this case as nobody else would take the deal on the table. However next time around the Netflix type model will be even stronger and all it will take is a continued shift in the market for someone to launch a global pay as you go service for a global audience. A few quid a month from a global population is light years away from where we are today and the future is somewhat uncertain for both fans entering stadiums and the armchair fan.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The football bubble on 11:10 - Dec 10 with 2198 viewsbennytheblue

The football bubble on 09:27 - Dec 10 by pencoedjack

Its irrelevant really

I cant remember PL football grounds having as many empty seats as they seem to have now.

But will that make the bubble burst? If the clubs cared they would reduce the price of tickets, it’s mot like they need the money is it. Wages are way to high now, it’s out of control. Owners aren’t checked out enough. We should adopt a more German model where they retain ownership and the grounds are full and noisy.
The football bubble on 11:20 - Dec 10 with 2184 viewsBryanSwan

The football bubble on 11:10 - Dec 10 by bennytheblue

But will that make the bubble burst? If the clubs cared they would reduce the price of tickets, it’s mot like they need the money is it. Wages are way to high now, it’s out of control. Owners aren’t checked out enough. We should adopt a more German model where they retain ownership and the grounds are full and noisy.

The atmosphere at German games is incredible compared to anything on offer in this country. The terraced (standing) tickets are also incredibly cheap over there even for the top teams.
We could learn a lot from their model.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The football bubble on 11:29 - Dec 10 with 2158 viewsbennytheblue

The football bubble on 11:20 - Dec 10 by BryanSwan

The atmosphere at German games is incredible compared to anything on offer in this country. The terraced (standing) tickets are also incredibly cheap over there even for the top teams.
We could learn a lot from their model.

The constant noise and atmosphere in German football now reminds of here 25 years ago. Most games are quiet apart from when a goal is scored. I don’t have sky as I find it so boring to watch a whole game and I have no interest In the clubs but I caught the ones on amazon last week, couldn’t believe how quiet Anfield was for the Merseyside Derby and they are top of the league.
The football bubble on 15:45 - Dec 10 with 1942 viewsLohengrin

The football bubble on 09:35 - Dec 10 by sherpajacob

How many youngsters are now priced out of attending live matches?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The football bubble on 16:32 - Dec 10 with 1896 viewsCatullus

If you can't afford to go to games thn watching at home is also hard. You need Sky, BT and Amazon subscriptons this season and it could be worse in years to come.

Sky must be feeling it because they offered me a 3 year fixed price of 16 per month for the full sports package. It's 34 usually apparently. I didn't take it because I'm on an 18 month deal at 15 per month.

I currently have a new Q box, ultra HD, Netflix and box sets, sky cinema and full sports for 82 per month and I know people who claim they got it cheaper. One claims 67.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The football bubble on 17:51 - Dec 10 with 1807 viewspencoedjack

The football bubble on 10:03 - Dec 10 by sainthelens

Vast majority of PL grounds have huge number of koreans/asians attending. Seems they have the bunce to afford to go.
They are the next generation.

Part of football is surely the atmosphere or is that now an old fashioned way of thinking?

Is a few beers with mates & football being replaced with people just happy to see 22 blokes kicking a ball around with no singing/banter between fans?
The football bubble on 17:53 - Dec 10 with 1800 viewsBillyChong

The more TV providers the worse it will become. People will lose complete interest when they need 4 different subscriptions to keep up with games. I used to enjoy the champions league when ITV and/or Sky had it, don’t watch it at all now it’s solely on BT.
The football bubble on 18:02 - Dec 10 with 1776 viewsjojaca

The football bubble on 16:32 - Dec 10 by Catullus

If you can't afford to go to games thn watching at home is also hard. You need Sky, BT and Amazon subscriptons this season and it could be worse in years to come.

Sky must be feeling it because they offered me a 3 year fixed price of 16 per month for the full sports package. It's 34 usually apparently. I didn't take it because I'm on an 18 month deal at 15 per month.

I currently have a new Q box, ultra HD, Netflix and box sets, sky cinema and full sports for 82 per month and I know people who claim they got it cheaper. One claims 67.

If that don't include broadband, you are getting mugged.

Even when you know, you never know?

The football bubble on 08:08 - Dec 11 with 1580 viewsBryanSwan

The football bubble on 15:45 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

How many youngsters are now priced out of attending live matches?

Well with almost a third of Welsh children being classed as 'in poverty' I would assume more and more every year.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The football bubble on 10:04 - Dec 11 with 1522 viewsSTID2017

The football bubble on 09:42 - Dec 10 by AlfieMooresSon

I think it is starting to change, older fans are not always being replaced as a lot of youngsters just get used to watching football on TV due to Sky.

It's not the same experience, remember games at the Vetch in the 80's there is no comparison, it was like a different World!

I remember lots of great games at the Vetch from the early 70's through to the Wrexham Welsh Cup Game (last game ).
However I also remember many awful games with the ground half full (even in the old First Division) and poor atmosphere.
However the atmosphere for most games down the Linerty is flat as a pancake, has been for a few seasons mow.
Shame the atmosphere can't be like it is when we are away

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The football bubble on 10:09 - Dec 11 with 1508 viewsSTID2017

The football bubble on 18:02 - Dec 10 by jojaca

Has to include broadband surely otherwise Q box isn't worth having

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The football bubble on 11:36 - Dec 11 with 1451 viewsladyjack

The football bubble on 16:32 - Dec 10 by Catullus

I think the last time I looked into it you could not have Skysports on its own via Sky you had to have their entertainment package as well, so you could not get away with just paying for their sports.
The football bubble on 11:52 - Dec 11 with 1426 viewsCatullus

The football bubble on 18:02 - Dec 10 by jojaca

Of course it includes broadband, the best broadband available even though the speeds never get as high as advertised!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The football bubble on 12:04 - Dec 11 with 1416 viewsCatullus

The football bubble on 17:51 - Dec 10 by pencoedjack

Part of football is surely the atmosphere or is that now an old fashioned way of thinking?

Is a few beers with mates & football being replaced with people just happy to see 22 blokes kicking a ball around with no singing/banter between fans?

You definitely need an atmosphere, it's just not fun without it, all seater stadia have affected this. Maybe that's why Germany still has plenty of atmosphere at games, they can stand.

The EPL has changed things, more so for me than others maybe. It has actually put me off football, I became a plastic I guess. I'm not going tonight, a combination of the weather and apathy. I have tickets for Saturday but evening games, I've lost interest. I suppose my poor health doesn't help but it doesn't stop others worse off than me. Apathy it is then.

I'll put the tv on and watch the Sky coverage.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024