Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... 10:10 - Dec 10 with 7863 viewstheloneranger

Anything to try and deflect the spotlight away from Boris' disgusting attitude towards the picture of the little boy sleeping on the hospital floor.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-punch-matt-hancock-electio

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 12:54 - Dec 10 with 1173 viewsScotia

The undisputed fact that a child didn't even have a chair let alone a bed is bad enough. Irrespective of the fact that his parents may have taken a photo to prove some sort of political point.

Surely as bad as this though is that fact that our prime minister refused to even look at the photo and then pocketed the journalists phone to avoid seeing and acknowledging it?
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 12:58 - Dec 10 with 1165 viewsDarran

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 12:47 - Dec 10 by NeathJack

That statement literally says he was in the PED for 4 hours which is where the beds would have been and then when he was transferred to the other dept, that's when the issue of no beds occurred.

Whenever my daughter has been in A&E you stay in the bed there until a bed becomes available on a ward. Last year she spent 24 hours in a bed in A&E until one became available.
They don’t usually transfer you to another dept until a bed is available.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:03 - Dec 10 with 1148 viewsJackSomething

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 12:47 - Dec 10 by NeathJack

That statement literally says he was in the PED for 4 hours which is where the beds would have been and then when he was transferred to the other dept, that's when the issue of no beds occurred.

Think you're wasting your time sadly. There are none so blind as those who will not see and all that.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:09 - Dec 10 with 1138 viewsNeathJack

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 12:58 - Dec 10 by Darran

Whenever my daughter has been in A&E you stay in the bed there until a bed becomes available on a ward. Last year she spent 24 hours in a bed in A&E until one became available.
They don’t usually transfer you to another dept until a bed is available.

I don't doubt you but the hospital is saying he was transferred. I know from my own experience in hospitals over the last few years that they are often a shambles and communication is lacking.
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:12 - Dec 10 with 1133 viewsDarran

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:03 - Dec 10 by JackSomething

Think you're wasting your time sadly. There are none so blind as those who will not see and all that.

What’s blind about it? The NHS is in crisis and has been for years I’m saying they wouldn’t have kicked my child out of a bed or transferred them to another ward until a bed was available.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 13:14]

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:31 - Dec 10 with 1098 viewsBatterseajack

This thread is a great example why misinformation and plain lying pays off since Brexit. When the truth emerges, rather than accept they were lied to, people double down on it.
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:33 - Dec 10 with 1045 viewscostalotta

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:31 - Dec 10 by Batterseajack

This thread is a great example why misinformation and plain lying pays off since Brexit. When the truth emerges, rather than accept they were lied to, people double down on it.

Indeed, to the point where people welcome being lied to, which ultimately means they’re lying to themselves.
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:33 - Dec 10 with 1045 viewscontroversial_jack

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 10:13 - Dec 10 by AlfieMooresSon

Following the fake news of the little boy sleeping on the floor, if it was me and I was waiting for my boy to be seen at that age and size he would have been sleeping on my lap, not the floor?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 10:19]

I can only assume that a 4 year old - they are big lumps these days, would not stay on the parents lap for long. They would either fall off or be so heavy that the parent couldn't keep the child in that position for very long
Login to get fewer ads

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:37 - Dec 10 with 1042 viewsLohengrin

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:12 - Dec 10 by Darran

What’s blind about it? The NHS is in crisis and has been for years I’m saying they wouldn’t have kicked my child out of a bed or transferred them to another ward until a bed was available.

Somebody please correct me here if I’ve got this wrong but from what I understand the child had been discharged from the ward and was with his parents in the hospital’s treatment centre awaiting the distribution of prescription medication prior to going home.

The hospital administrators have apologised for a shortage of seats in the waiting area.

Is that the long and short of it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:42 - Dec 10 with 1032 viewsDarran

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:37 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

Somebody please correct me here if I’ve got this wrong but from what I understand the child had been discharged from the ward and was with his parents in the hospital’s treatment centre awaiting the distribution of prescription medication prior to going home.

The hospital administrators have apologised for a shortage of seats in the waiting area.

No idea on that sorry.

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:46 - Dec 10 with 1022 viewsDrizzy

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:37 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

Totally wrong.

Here's the full statement from the Chief Medical Officer.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1204161266945810435.html

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:48 - Dec 10 with 1020 viewsLohengrin

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:42 - Dec 10 by Darran

No idea on that sorry.

Sounds about right though, what do you think? Concocting outrage from the everyday at election time.

The thing about the story that irritates me is what sort of a tw*t wouldn’t give up a seat for a poorly child?

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:54 - Dec 10 with 1008 viewsLohengrin

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:46 - Dec 10 by Drizzy

Totally wrong.

Here's the full statement from the Chief Medical Officer.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1204161266945810435.html

Ah! right. Fair enough, that’s the first time I’d read that.

What’s the solution?

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 15:39 - Dec 10 with 965 viewsDarran

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:48 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

Sounds about right though, what do you think? Concocting outrage from the everyday at election time.

The thing about the story that irritates me is what sort of a tw*t wouldn’t give up a seat for a poorly child?

I’m not sure what to think but I know for sure knowing my wife that it wouldn’t have happened to Amy.
People to need start wising up because it’s another massive problem in society and I’m 100% not saying there isn’t huge problems in the NHS.

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 15:46 - Dec 10 with 953 viewsFlashberryjack

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:54 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

What’s the solution?

Elect Mr Corbyn...pretty simple mun

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 15:55 - Dec 10 with 939 viewswaynekerr55

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 15:46 - Dec 10 by Flashberryjack

Elect Mr Corbyn...pretty simple mun

Erm, no. Just stop those crazed tories from having a majority. Both the left and the right need to lay off the political ketamine and come back to the centre ground

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:08 - Dec 10 with 922 viewsFireboy2

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 15:55 - Dec 10 by waynekerr55

Erm, no. Just stop those crazed tories from having a majority. Both the left and the right need to lay off the political ketamine and come back to the centre ground

Is the correct answer
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:09 - Dec 10 with 921 viewsCatullus

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 13:12 - Dec 10 by Darran

I'm with you tht Darran, my son wouldn't have been moved either until a bed was ready or the police would definitely have been needed. But I also know that the situation is dire and people I know who work in Morriston and Singleton often tell me things I just can't repeat but are off the scale scary.

One example though, I've been told that in one dept there is an answerphone and messages are routinely deleted without being heard. If true that is shameful. It could be someone stirring it up but I've known them a long old time and trust them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:29 - Dec 10 with 906 viewsDarran

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:09 - Dec 10 by Catullus

I'm with you tht Darran, my son wouldn't have been moved either until a bed was ready or the police would definitely have been needed. But I also know that the situation is dire and people I know who work in Morriston and Singleton often tell me things I just can't repeat but are off the scale scary.

One example though, I've been told that in one dept there is an answerphone and messages are routinely deleted without being heard. If true that is shameful. It could be someone stirring it up but I've known them a long old time and trust them.

It’s an utter disgrace my friend. The biggest problem of all is that people seem to think that its going to get better anytime soon.

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:44 - Dec 10 with 888 viewsJackSomething

I don't know why pointing out this shameful situation, and the PM's pathetic response to it, automatically makes you a Corbyn supporter.

It would be more honest if the Johnson/Tory defenders said that yes it's horrible that this happened and the Tories have to do better if they win, but Corbyn isn't the answer. Instead, it's deflect, deflect, deflect (Not aimed at you Darran by the way).

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:52 - Dec 10 with 882 viewsDrizzy

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 14:54 - Dec 10 by Lohengrin

What’s the solution?

The complexity of the problem is beyond my understanding but I would suggest looking at the figures if you care about the issue.

Since 2010, the NHS budget has decreased as a % of GDP. It's the longest ever period of sustained budget cuts. If you consider the ever-increasing and ageing population, it's mental - possibly even criminal - that austerity measures have lasted this long.

The NHS budget was "protected" but the social care budget was slashed by 11% in this same time period. Now people who can't get adequate care end up in hospital emergency departments.

The debt burden is increasing to deal with the funding issue. More outsourcing, more PFI contracts and a larger long-term debt burden. Successive governments are guilty of using this in lieu of publically funded infrastructure. It's proven to be a disaster but it's incredibly costly for the NHS to buy itself out of these contracts.

The debt burden is rising, as are the costs of treating ageing and increasing population. Most common ailments are treated with prescription medication, the cost of this medicine is rising by 5x the amount of the budget to meet demand.

Now doesn't it seem absurd to even entertain the idea of buying medicine from a supplier that is committed to increasing the price of its medicine? A partner that charges its own population 2.5x as much for the same medicine?

This isn't absurd to some.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 18:44]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 17:07 - Dec 10 with 862 viewssherpajacob

Perhaps you should reconsider the reliability and truthfulness of whatever your sources of information are.

Which of course is the whole point of the OP
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 17:08]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 17:56 - Dec 10 with 818 viewsBillyChong

“Top” reporters/journos jumped on the “punch” story as soon as their “sources” reported it yesterday. Anything to take attention away from Johnson’s interview. They looked rather stupid when the footage of the “punch” was shared online.
False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 18:01 - Dec 10 with 808 viewsFlashberryjack

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 15:55 - Dec 10 by waynekerr55

The last thing this country needs is another hung parliament IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 18:11 - Dec 10 with 801 viewsCatullus

False news story claiming Labour activist punched Tory aide ... on 16:52 - Dec 10 by Drizzy

The complexity of the problem is beyond my understanding but I would suggest looking at the figures if you care about the issue.

Since 2010, the NHS budget has decreased as a % of GDP. It's the longest ever period of sustained budget cuts. If you consider the ever-increasing and ageing population, it's mental - possibly even criminal - that austerity measures have lasted this long.

The NHS budget was "protected" but the social care budget was slashed by 11% in this same time period. Now people who can't get adequate care end up in hospital emergency departments.

The debt burden is increasing to deal with the funding issue. More outsourcing, more PFI contracts and a larger long-term debt burden. Successive governments are guilty of using this in lieu of publically funded infrastructure. It's proven to be a disaster but it's incredibly costly for the NHS to buy itself out of these contracts.

The debt burden is rising, as are the costs of treating ageing and increasing population. Most common ailments are treated with prescription medication, the cost of this medicine is rising by 5x the amount of the budget to meet demand.

Now doesn't it seem absurd to even entertain the idea of buying medicine from a supplier that is committed to increasing the price of its medicine? A partner that charges its own population 2.5x as much for the same medicine?

This isn't absurd to some.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 18:44]

We may be alright, Trump may get impeached and replaced with someone less insane...or they could be worse!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024