Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Jones RIP 21:38 - Dec 10 with 4892 viewsbuilthjack

A friend of mine, Paul Jones, died last week. In his early sixties.
From Crossgates, Llandrindod Wells, Paul had followed Swansea and Wales home and away for many many years, travelling to far flung places , and rarely missed a game.
He must have done at least 1500 Swans games, and around 200 Wales games.
A quiet man, a lot off here will know him.
A regular face at the Vetch, and sat in the East since moving to the Liberty.
He is one who would do your Hartlepool, Southend, etc away in midweek, and still be in work at 7.30am next morning.
RIP Paul.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:42]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Paul Jones RIP on 21:50 - Dec 10 with 3710 viewsTNT

I know a Paul, from Llandrindod Wells, who matches your description. Massive Swans fan. Shocking news. Rest In Peace Paul, mate.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Paul Jones RIP on 22:01 - Dec 10 with 3675 viewsbuilthjack

Paul Jones RIP on 21:50 - Dec 10 by TNT

I know a Paul, from Llandrindod Wells, who matches your description. Massive Swans fan. Shocking news. Rest In Peace Paul, mate.

That would be him yes. A huge shock.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Paul Jones RIP on 22:02 - Dec 10 with 3670 viewsdickythorpe

Sorry for your loss. RIP
Paul Jones RIP on 22:03 - Dec 10 with 3662 viewsbonymine

Sorry for your loss mate thoughts are with you 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Paul Jones RIP on 22:04 - Dec 10 with 3653 viewspencoedjack

RIP Paul YJB

Condolences to family & friends
Paul Jones RIP on 22:12 - Dec 10 with 3631 viewssainthelens

RIP YJB.
Condolences to his friends n family.
Paul Jones RIP on 22:15 - Dec 10 with 3621 viewsjack2jack

Sorry BJ, awful news.
RIP Paul.
Paul Jones RIP on 22:54 - Dec 10 with 3543 viewsswan65split

Condolences .
RIP YJB
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Jones RIP on 23:04 - Dec 10 with 3530 viewsFireboy2

RIP Paul, a Jack and Wales legend
Paul Jones RIP on 23:45 - Dec 10 with 3480 viewsBluebird

Rip Paul.
Paul Jones RIP on 23:59 - Dec 10 with 3468 viewsSTID2017

Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Paul

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Paul Jones RIP on 00:38 - Dec 11 with 3453 viewsBadlands

Condolences to family and friends.
Sounds like a true fan.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Paul Jones RIP on 07:02 - Dec 11 with 3382 views1983

RIP YJB

Paul Jones RIP on 07:56 - Dec 11 with 3333 views34dfgdf54

Terrible news.

RIP Paul

YJB
Paul Jones RIP on 07:57 - Dec 11 with 3327 viewsNotLoyal

These are the people who matter, the people who care.
RIP Paul.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Paul Jones RIP on 08:00 - Dec 11 with 3315 viewsPegojack

RIP Paul
YJB
Paul Jones RIP on 22:32 - Dec 11 with 3057 viewsSkyjack60

Was this a big guy with short dark hair and glasses? Stood above the entrance on the north bank back in the day?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 7:51]
Paul Jones RIP on 20:59 - Dec 13 with 2830 viewsbuilthjack

Paul will be cremated on Monday 23rd December, at Hereford Crematorium at 2.15pm.
No black clothes, no black ties. Anything Swansea City can be worn. The club are sending a Swansea City flag to go on the coffin. These are the wishes of Paul's closest, as that's what he wanted. If anyone can make it please feel,free to turn up.
As far as I am aware, his ashes will be scattered on the new memorial garden, which will be near the Ivor Allchurch statue by the stadium. Date to be announced later.
I have had lots of private messages, feel free to do that if any info is needed.

Paul Jones RIP on 00:49 - Dec 14 with 2734 viewsTNT

Paul Jones RIP on 20:59 - Dec 13 by builthjack

Paul will be cremated on Monday 23rd December, at Hereford Crematorium at 2.15pm.
No black clothes, no black ties. Anything Swansea City can be worn. The club are sending a Swansea City flag to go on the coffin. These are the wishes of Paul's closest, as that's what he wanted. If anyone can make it please feel,free to turn up.
As far as I am aware, his ashes will be scattered on the new memorial garden, which will be near the Ivor Allchurch statue by the stadium. Date to be announced later.
I have had lots of private messages, feel free to do that if any info is needed.

A quiet, unassuming guy, resting against a wall in the concourse of an away end across the country, not in the thick of things but away from it. Back in the day when you recognised every regular away Swans fan, an acknowledging nod, wink, word, would evolve into conversation. That was Paul. As Builth said, it could be Hartlepool, Southend, he'd be resting against that wall, having jumped in his car and driven to a game. A friendship would be made, and there'd be a warm wry smile awaiting the next time. Those who knew Paul, will know that wry smile. I don't think I can make Hereford Crem on 23rd December, 2:15, much as I'd love to be there. I'll be thinking of him though, as I've done since Builth posted.
Huge loss.
You Jack Bastard, Paul, mate.

Paul Jones RIP on 07:21 - Dec 14 with 2675 viewsbuilthjack

Paul Jones RIP on 00:49 - Dec 14 by TNT

A quiet, unassuming guy, resting against a wall in the concourse of an away end across the country, not in the thick of things but away from it. Back in the day when you recognised every regular away Swans fan, an acknowledging nod, wink, word, would evolve into conversation. That was Paul. As Builth said, it could be Hartlepool, Southend, he'd be resting against that wall, having jumped in his car and driven to a game. A friendship would be made, and there'd be a warm wry smile awaiting the next time. Those who knew Paul, will know that wry smile. I don't think I can make Hereford Crem on 23rd December, 2:15, much as I'd love to be there. I'll be thinking of him though, as I've done since Builth posted.
Huge loss.
You Jack Bastard, Paul, mate.

Perfect description

Paul Jones RIP on 21:05 - Dec 14 with 2539 viewsminimichu

Paul Jones RIP on 07:21 - Dec 14 by builthjack

Perfect description

Very sad news
RIP Paul YJB
Paul Jones RIP on 22:07 - Dec 14 with 2493 viewsbuilthjack

Paul Jones RIP on 21:05 - Dec 14 by minimichu

Very sad news
RIP Paul YJB

Just sent a reply to your text

Paul Jones RIP on 21:13 - Dec 20 with 2284 viewsbuilthjack

This man made more Swansea "appearances " than Roger, Robbie and Leon put together.
Absolute Swans legend. ,

Paul Jones RIP on 22:24 - Dec 20 with 2235 viewsTNT

Paul Jones RIP on 21:13 - Dec 20 by builthjack

This man made more Swansea "appearances " than Roger, Robbie and Leon put together.
Absolute Swans legend. ,

Your post is so true, Builth.

I'm desperately trying to re-arrange Christmas family arrangements to be at the funeral in Hereford on Monday.

Paul Jones RIP on 22:35 - Dec 20 with 2220 viewsbuilthjack

Paul Jones RIP on 22:24 - Dec 20 by TNT

Your post is so true, Builth.

I'm desperately trying to re-arrange Christmas family arrangements to be at the funeral in Hereford on Monday.

Replied to your pm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024