Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26364 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:45 - Dec 13 with 1389 viewsJack59

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:38 - Dec 13 by majorraglan

Some good points made across a number of posts.
I believe Darren has a point when he talks about Conservatives joining the Labour Party to elect Corbyn who is extremely unpopular with lots of people, it’s a no brainer, for a couple of quid they can have a huge influence of things. We have seen how Cummings and his crowd operate, look at the lies that have been spread in the media.

I agree the media have done a job on Corbyn and it is always likely to be this way, the rich own the papers and influence, it’s propaganda. Labour have to get around it like Blair did.

Brexit was an issue on the door step, Labour needed to go one way or the other, they have fudged when they should have been positive. Corbyn moving the goal posts etc hasn’t helped.

Corbyn is an issue n the door step, he may be a champion of the underdog who stands up for the downtrodden, but he has too much baggage and his links to Sinn Fein etc have not gown down well with voters.

It’s a rank bad show from Corbyn and Labour, our public services are in crisis and he’s blown it.

Swinson, Corbyn and to a degree Sturgeon have had a mare, they gave Johnson the opportunity for the election when they could have denied him. SNP have cleaned up in Scotland, but they are in the minority in the HOC and having lots of seats in Scotland won’t cut it in Westminster.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 0:43]

No the media did not do a job on Corbyn. Corbyn did all the damage himself.
I used to vote Labour years ago in the 70's and 80's when they represented the working class.
It appears to me that they now mainly represent the 'shirking class'

But I am amazed at how many idiots in Wales still voted for him, will they ever learn?
Every year since we've been under the Labour controlled assembly in Cardiff, we have gone further and further behind the standards in Health and Education that are enjoyed in England. But it's a tradition to vote Labour down here, they just can't help themselves My partner is a teacher in one of the biggest comps in the LA and she used to teach politics for over 25 years until less and less pupils showed any interest. Sadly now no children learn politics in the school, and this is typical across the country even though there are far more employment opportunities after school now than years ago.

However, their lack of education in the subject didn't restrain a few year 10 pupils from shouting at her today, ''Have you voted yet Miss'' and ''You'd better vote Labour Miss''

You can see why the Cardiff Assembly is so keen on bringing in votes for 16 year olds.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:50 - Dec 13 with 1366 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:45 - Dec 13 by Jack59

No the media did not do a job on Corbyn. Corbyn did all the damage himself.
I used to vote Labour years ago in the 70's and 80's when they represented the working class.
It appears to me that they now mainly represent the 'shirking class'

But I am amazed at how many idiots in Wales still voted for him, will they ever learn?
Every year since we've been under the Labour controlled assembly in Cardiff, we have gone further and further behind the standards in Health and Education that are enjoyed in England. But it's a tradition to vote Labour down here, they just can't help themselves My partner is a teacher in one of the biggest comps in the LA and she used to teach politics for over 25 years until less and less pupils showed any interest. Sadly now no children learn politics in the school, and this is typical across the country even though there are far more employment opportunities after school now than years ago.

However, their lack of education in the subject didn't restrain a few year 10 pupils from shouting at her today, ''Have you voted yet Miss'' and ''You'd better vote Labour Miss''

You can see why the Cardiff Assembly is so keen on bringing in votes for 16 year olds.

Of course they did a job on him. A quick scan of any of the front pages will tell you that.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:55 - Dec 13 with 1344 viewsbonymine

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:50 - Dec 13 by Ebo

Of course they did a job on him. A quick scan of any of the front pages will tell you that.

By God you’ve god your head in the sand (or up your arse even) !!!

You lost get used to it !!!!
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 1:57]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:07 - Dec 13 with 1323 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:55 - Dec 13 by bonymine

By God you’ve god your head in the sand (or up your arse even) !!!

You lost get used to it !!!!
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 1:57]

So the Mail, express, sun etc were not printing made up nonsense about him? Is that what you are saying?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:17 - Dec 13 with 1311 viewsbonymine

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:07 - Dec 13 by Ebo

So the Mail, express, sun etc were not printing made up nonsense about him? Is that what you are saying?

Just wake up & see the result which the Country has voted for ....the PEOPLE HAVE VOTED and you lost mate .....😪😪😪

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:23 - Dec 13 with 1298 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:17 - Dec 13 by bonymine

Just wake up & see the result which the Country has voted for ....the PEOPLE HAVE VOTED and you lost mate .....😪😪😪

You lost too. Time will tell as you won't be getting the hard brexit you mouthbreathers want, you'll have a watered down one with negotiations taking years and years. While this is all happening and the focus is taken away from the real issues of this country, you'll be losing your working rights, a free NHS and public and education services that would embarrass any developing country.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:23 - Dec 13 with 1298 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:17 - Dec 13 by bonymine

Are you posting under the wrong username by the way?
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:28 - Dec 13 with 1283 viewsbonymine

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:23 - Dec 13 by londonlisa2001

Are you posting under the wrong username by the way?

What are you suggesting there Lisa ????

Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:33 - Dec 13 with 1273 viewschad

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 00:20 - Dec 13 by londonlisa2001

It’s all about Corbyn.

Labour MPs are now saying so quite openly. No brexit issues on doorsteps, all about Corbyn.

Unless supporters realise this it’s all over for a generation.

Offering second referendum main reason for Labour doing so badly, says party chair Ian Lavery

Ian Lavery, the Labour party chair, told the BBC that Brexit was to blame for the party doing so badly.

I think what we’re seeing in the Labour heartlands is that people are very aggrieved at the fact that the party has taken a stance on Brexit in the way they have; 17.4m people voted for Brexit, and basically being ignored is not a good recipe. I think democracy prevails. Ignore democracy, and to be quite honest the consequences will come back and bite you.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:45 - Dec 13 with 1256 viewsDippy

Neath Labour hold

Poll: Cooper Out

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:47 - Dec 13 with 1251 viewsHighjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:45 - Dec 13 by Dippy

Neath Labour hold

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:51 - Dec 13 with 1244 viewsDippy

Conservatives gaining and holding like Lionel Messi playing football

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:52 - Dec 13 with 1237 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:28 - Dec 13 by bonymine

What are you suggesting there Lisa ????

I’ve always thought you seem like a reasonable, interesting poster. And you have spent the last half an hour or so posting constant emojis and telling people to ‘get over it’ as though you’re someone like pikeypaul. It’s a bit odd.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:53 - Dec 13 with 1235 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:33 - Dec 13 by chad

Offering second referendum main reason for Labour doing so badly, says party chair Ian Lavery

Ian Lavery, the Labour party chair, told the BBC that Brexit was to blame for the party doing so badly.

I think what we’re seeing in the Labour heartlands is that people are very aggrieved at the fact that the party has taken a stance on Brexit in the way they have; 17.4m people voted for Brexit, and basically being ignored is not a good recipe. I think democracy prevails. Ignore democracy, and to be quite honest the consequences will come back and bite you.

There is a chasm in politics between the celtic nations and England.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:54 - Dec 13 with 1226 viewsjedijack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:52 - Dec 13 by londonlisa2001

I’ve always thought you seem like a reasonable, interesting poster. And you have spent the last half an hour or so posting constant emojis and telling people to ‘get over it’ as though you’re someone like pikeypaul. It’s a bit odd.

It's amazing what drink does to people.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:56 - Dec 13 with 1220 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:54 - Dec 13 by jedijack

It's amazing what drink does to people.

and self-interest.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 02:56 - Dec 13 with 1219 viewsUxbridge

It's a rout. The outcomes of this elections will be seismic. Frankly the very future of the Union is up for grabs now.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:01 - Dec 13 with 1202 viewsDippy

Bridgend gone blue

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:04 - Dec 13 with 1198 viewsHighjack

This remain alliance and tactical voting is really going well isn’t it?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:17 - Dec 13 with 1167 viewsDippy

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:04 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Labour getting battered

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:18 - Dec 13 with 1165 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:04 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Labour is doing ok apart from Bridgend and Wrexham. By your logic of Labour being remain, and it looks like there will be more labour seats than tory here and the SNP mopping up in Scotland, it is official now - it is an English brexit.

Bring on Indy!!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:25 - Dec 13 with 1154 viewsHighjack

Jezza’s offski

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:27 - Dec 13 with 1151 viewsEbo

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:25 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Jezza’s offski

Thornbury will be the next leader. She won't take any shit.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:35 - Dec 13 with 1142 viewsHighjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:27 - Dec 13 by Ebo

Thornbury will be the next leader. She won't take any shit.

She’s quite full of shit as it is.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:45 - Dec 13 with 1116 viewsHighjack

Swinson’s offski too.

What a shame.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024