Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 25664 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 04:00 - Dec 13 with 1748 viewsCooperman

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:45 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Swinson’s offski too.

What a shame.

Lord Buckethead didn't manage to oust Boris from Uxbridge.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 04:02 - Dec 13 with 1726 viewsHighjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 04:00 - Dec 13 by Cooperman

Lord Buckethead didn't manage to oust Boris from Uxbridge.

The giant muppet on the stage looked ridiculous but well done to him for being re-elected.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 04:06 - Dec 13 with 1717 viewsHighjack

Chuka Umuna and Anna Soubry also offski.

We should have these peoples votes more often!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 04:26 - Dec 13 with 1690 viewsCooperman

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 04:06 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Chuka Umuna and Anna Soubry also offski.

We should have these peoples votes more often!

Absolutely!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 05:56 - Dec 13 with 1626 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 06:46 - Dec 13 with 1582 viewsCatullus

It's done then. We've elected a completely devious, serial lying, untrustorthy buffoon. Just goes to show (again) how bad Corbyn is.
I hope the Corbynistas on here wake up now.

The Libdems suffered too so maybe it was all about brexit but then, they were warned. When Westminster stalled brexit there were rumblings, heads will roll, people will pay. MP's complained about the language being used but here we are, heads have rolled...well Labour heads have rolled across NE and NW England and even in Wales Labour lost 6 seats the tories gaining 7.

Now we have to sit back and hope that Bojo is a much better PM than many of us expect. What is just as worrying though are the people being touted as Corbyn's successor, Long-Bailey, Thornberry and Angela Rayner have been mentioned. Are they trying to kill Labour off completely? I reckon Thornberry would be even more unpopular than Jezza and Rayner seems more suited to a leading role in a bad sitcom, Long-Bailey just seems pointless. Actually I can't think of anyone currently there who might gain support. Labour needs a new broom but Momentum are already making noises about keeping Labour far left. They got the keys to the asylum and insanity is firmly in charge. Otherwise how could we end up with Bojo as Prime Minister.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 07:58 - Dec 13 with 1534 viewswaynekerr55

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 01:14 - Dec 13 by Highjack

Squealer speaks

Self awareness not his strongest point, is it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:04 - Dec 13 with 1524 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 03:27 - Dec 13 by Ebo

Thornbury will be the next leader. She won't take any shit.

Nor win many votes...
Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:10 - Dec 13 with 1492 viewspikeypaul

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 07:58 - Dec 13 by waynekerr55

Self awareness not his strongest point, is it?

The little ponce and his mate Bercow must be having tantrums this morning.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:12 - Dec 13 with 1494 viewswaynekerr55

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:10 - Dec 13 by pikeypaul

The little ponce and his mate Bercow must be having tantrums this morning.

Welcome back, Pike

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:24 - Dec 13 with 1473 viewsmonmouth

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:04 - Dec 13 by WarwickHunt

Nor win many votes...

It'll take somehing to be worse than Corbo, but I think she has the ability.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:26 - Dec 13 with 1455 viewspikeypaul

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:12 - Dec 13 by waynekerr55

Welcome back, Pike

Thank you.But Ive never been away just keeping my ammo dry for this glorious day when Boris has given Corbyn and Swinson a shoeing they will never forget and probably fatal to both.

So pleasing to think of the losers like fat ass and her little gang of ass lickers this morning crying into their cornflakes having suffered another embarrassing lose.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:32 - Dec 13 with 1453 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:26 - Dec 13 by pikeypaul

Thank you.But Ive never been away just keeping my ammo dry for this glorious day when Boris has given Corbyn and Swinson a shoeing they will never forget and probably fatal to both.

So pleasing to think of the losers like fat ass and her little gang of ass lickers this morning crying into their cornflakes having suffered another embarrassing lose.

"another embarrassing lose"

Still as thick as ever...
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 08:36 - Dec 13 with 1434 viewsJango

Well they’ve had their people's vote.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:05 - Dec 13 with 1398 viewsepaul

Well done and congratulations to all the self centred people who voted for austerity, poverty, death, the sell off if the NHS and destroying the future of my grandchildren, you selfish b*stards

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:06 - Dec 13 with 1397 viewsmonmouth

It is what it is. Let’s see which way Johnno now jumps when there is no compulsion to take any notice of the extreme loons. My bet is that after the withdrawal agreement is trumpeted as having ‘got Brexit done’ and we are technically out of the EU the transition will be quietly kicked into the long grass for many years under the pretence of boring detail.

I’m strangely resigned to it because my contempt for Corbo, and Swinson in the end (what a prat) was almost equal to that of a proven liar, misogynist, racist, cowardly charlatan like Bozo.

Whichever side you are on though, it is plainly a total farce that any party (and one day, possibly soon, as our issues are pretty unmanageable, it will be a result that goes against today’s triumphalist crowers) can get two such different results with 43.4% of the vote — just ahead of Theresa May’s 42.34% in 2017.

I always believe in congratulating the winners though, where winning was not a total cheat, and in those circumstances losing and winning with good grace, unless it’s Cardiff. There’s no doubt this is what the country wanted (not Corbyn or Swinson, but Johnson and Sturgeon).

So, congratulations. Over and out.

No, can’t do it. Stick it up your arse f*ckers.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:17 - Dec 13 with 1374 viewsBryanSwan

Well that went as badly as was expected. The Labour campaign was dreadful, add that to bias reporting and it was bound to happen. Am just shocked at how many working class people have been indoctrinated into believing the Conservative propaganda machine and voted against their own interests.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 1355 viewstheloneranger

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:35 - Dec 12 by theloneranger

My son did a bet yesterday ...

Conservatives. 360 + seats and 65-70% turnout @ 7/1.

So sweating on turnout result

Well done son, with only Cornwall left and ...

364 seats and a 67.3% turnout ...

That's the Rugby World Cup, Joshua and now the General Election I've ignored your bets. It's about time I bump started this tired old thing between these rather large ears and listened more 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:30 - Dec 13 with 1338 viewsCatullus

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:17 - Dec 13 by BryanSwan

Well that went as badly as was expected. The Labour campaign was dreadful, add that to bias reporting and it was bound to happen. Am just shocked at how many working class people have been indoctrinated into believing the Conservative propaganda machine and voted against their own interests.

You know, I'm not expecting very much good but maybe we should wait and see then judge Boris by what he's done?
Lets face it Blair swept into power on a tidal wave of euphoric triumphalism, then what happened.

Love it or loath it brexit will happen so one day we wuill know who was right. If, in the long term brexit is good or bad the winning team can crow about it. Surely though, now is the time to ut the differences aside and all get on with it.

On the news now a Libdem voter when asked for his opinion said it had been a long 3.5 years and maybe people just wanted brexit done in a disappointing night.

So was that really it, even remain voters chose Boris purely because we are all sick and fed up of the ongoing nonsense?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:40 - Dec 13 with 1320 viewsBryanSwan

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:30 - Dec 13 by Catullus

You know, I'm not expecting very much good but maybe we should wait and see then judge Boris by what he's done?
Lets face it Blair swept into power on a tidal wave of euphoric triumphalism, then what happened.

Love it or loath it brexit will happen so one day we wuill know who was right. If, in the long term brexit is good or bad the winning team can crow about it. Surely though, now is the time to ut the differences aside and all get on with it.

On the news now a Libdem voter when asked for his opinion said it had been a long 3.5 years and maybe people just wanted brexit done in a disappointing night.

So was that really it, even remain voters chose Boris purely because we are all sick and fed up of the ongoing nonsense?

I think people just couldn't be bothered to have the debate go on for another decade and to have something be done. No matter how good or bad the outcome was.
This result could be the catalyst for major change now though. Scotland will surely push for Indyref2 and N.Ire to look to re unite. Could then see Wales look toward something similar.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:48 - Dec 13 with 1301 viewsmonmouth

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:40 - Dec 13 by BryanSwan

I think people just couldn't be bothered to have the debate go on for another decade and to have something be done. No matter how good or bad the outcome was.
This result could be the catalyst for major change now though. Scotland will surely push for Indyref2 and N.Ire to look to re unite. Could then see Wales look toward something similar.

Wales will always hold onto mummy’s apron strings (sorry Tramps, but you know it’s true). The Scots have true self confidence as a nation. We have petty little villagers whose only aspiration is that the next village is more shit than theirs. Look at the turds floating on land in Cardiff Bay.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:48 - Dec 13 with 1298 viewsVincent_Vega

It's been a historic night, this election looks like Brexit focussed but it runs deeper than that.

Labour are a disaster, forget the mud slinging NHS, antisemitism, Corbynism etc. as important issues as they are the main reason they Fudged this up is that they didn't listen to the electorate and thought they new better. BoJo as much of an idiot as he looks and he isn't btw caught the mood with the soundbite 'get Brexit done' and it struck home with leavers in Labour heartlands and people fed up parliament who were filled with predominantly remainers.

Now as difficult as it is to accept for many we voted to leave and now the Tory's have their majority there's no excuse to get on with it! I'm not happy with a tory majority but I accept that's what the people want. At least were going somewhere, if it's down the pan so be it. This nation has lived through worse.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:51 - Dec 13 with 1288 viewsVincent_Vega

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:48 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Wales will always hold onto mummy’s apron strings (sorry Tramps, but you know it’s true). The Scots have true self confidence as a nation. We have petty little villagers whose only aspiration is that the next village is more shit than theirs. Look at the turds floating on land in Cardiff Bay.

In short Wales hasn't got the Kahooners

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:06 - Dec 13 with 1269 viewsCatullus

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 09:51 - Dec 13 by Vincent_Vega

In short Wales hasn't got the Kahooners

Kahuna's?

Wales has never been a truly united country. we were always too busy arguing amongst ourselves.
I'd give Scotland their indyref, if they truly are a financial basket case and heavily subsidised by Westminster then the rest of us will be better off if they leave. It's another truth we can only know the accuracy of if they do leave. If they thrive it could give Welsh indy a boost, if they fail, well tough luck, it was their choice. Democracy is funny like that, you make your choices and take your chances.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:10 - Dec 13 with 1264 viewssherpajacob

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 10:06 - Dec 13 by Catullus

Kahuna's?

Wales has never been a truly united country. we were always too busy arguing amongst ourselves.
I'd give Scotland their indyref, if they truly are a financial basket case and heavily subsidised by Westminster then the rest of us will be better off if they leave. It's another truth we can only know the accuracy of if they do leave. If they thrive it could give Welsh indy a boost, if they fail, well tough luck, it was their choice. Democracy is funny like that, you make your choices and take your chances.

Indeed, nobody can predict for sure what would happen.

What we can say is , as far as I'm aware, that no country that has obtained independence from the UK has ever asked to return.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024