Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26096 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 10:45 - Dec 12 with 1820 viewsBryanSwan

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 07:00 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

It’s 06:55, polling stations haven’t opened yet but I’ll go out on a limb to bring you the first result.

Neath - Labour hold.

You heard it here first...

After consulting my crystal ball i can tell you that Aberavon will also be a Labour hold.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:00 - Dec 12 with 1793 viewsUxbridge

Too close to call. The polling is statistically flawed and assumes a December election is similar to a May one, and historic trends will hold. It isn't and they won't.

Very real chance of a hung parliament, which is the ideal frankly. A narrow Tory majority and more clusterfckery is the more likely, sadly.

Whatever happens, this country desperately needs a radical review of its press and election rules. Which won't happen in the latter case, or probably even the former.

Either way, I'm getting drunk tonight watching the results rolling in. It's the only way.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:07 - Dec 12 with 1789 viewsBest_loser

Vale of Glamorgan will be close

Difference of a few hundred

Tories might just sneak it thanks to their cowbridge snobs
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 11:26 - Dec 12 with 1774 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 09:15 - Dec 12 by jackrmee

When will we find out the actual result?
Will it be live on the box until early hours like before?

Should be fairly clear by about 3, if it's it's really close then about 5.
Although as Clasey says, it could be a few seconds past 10 tonight if the exit polls are correct - lots of regional variations and tactical voting though so best taken with a pinch of salt.

Probably be on tv. Call it a hunch.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 11:41 - Dec 12 with 1754 viewssherpajacob

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 10:45 - Dec 12 by BryanSwan

After consulting my crystal ball i can tell you that Aberavon will also be a Labour hold.

what happened to these labour MPs in leave seats being toast?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:51 - Dec 12 with 1740 viewswhiterock

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:00 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Too close to call. The polling is statistically flawed and assumes a December election is similar to a May one, and historic trends will hold. It isn't and they won't.

Very real chance of a hung parliament, which is the ideal frankly. A narrow Tory majority and more clusterfckery is the more likely, sadly.

Whatever happens, this country desperately needs a radical review of its press and election rules. Which won't happen in the latter case, or probably even the former.

Either way, I'm getting drunk tonight watching the results rolling in. It's the only way.

This is my Eurovision, I'll be having a beer or two watching it all unfold

The best two quotes this week (for balance, unlike the right wing press)

Robert Peston is so far up Boris' ass, he can see Laura Kunsbergs feet

Labour will win the election up until 5pm when Tory voters finish work and vote
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 11:57 - Dec 12 with 1734 viewsProfessor

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 11:26 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Should be fairly clear by about 3, if it's it's really close then about 5.
Although as Clasey says, it could be a few seconds past 10 tonight if the exit polls are correct - lots of regional variations and tactical voting though so best taken with a pinch of salt.

Probably be on tv. Call it a hunch.

Absolutely-there is no account of regional variation or indeed the concentration of parties to hold or gain specific seats. I expect Labour to hold Gower as Bridgend and Cardiff Central, along with Wrexham have been more targeted by the Conservatives with resources. Equally the Lib Dems may hold Brecon and Radnor. Wirral West, Crewe and Southport are the big battles up here. I expect Wirral West to stay Labour but Southport and Crewe to go blue. Equally the tories may well lose ground in South West and around London.

I predict a small Tory Majority. My main question is rioting first in Liverpool, London or Manchester?
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 12:37 - Dec 12 with 1685 viewsNotLoyal

We should have an election every week.
The media will have the results nailed down by 10.05pm.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 12:51 - Dec 12 with 1669 viewswaynekerr55

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 12:59 - Dec 12 with 1656 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 07:52 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

Due to work commitments I was first through the door of my polling station and I can give you boys and girls the inside track on which party is leading the vote count inside that polling station and guess what its Plaid Cymru that is leading.

From a card-carrying Labour member of long standing, no less!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:02 - Dec 12 with 1651 viewsBryanSwan

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 11:41 - Dec 12 by sherpajacob

what happened to these labour MPs in leave seats being toast?

I would be glad to see Kinnock lose his seat, but the reality is a red rosette on a decomposing corpse would win in Aberavon.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:08 - Dec 12 with 1640 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:02 - Dec 12 by BryanSwan

I would be glad to see Kinnock lose his seat, but the reality is a red rosette on a decomposing corpse would win in Aberavon.

John Morris was a decent chap, mun. That’s no way to remember him.

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:12 - Dec 12 with 1633 viewsladyjack

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 12:59 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

From a card-carrying Labour member of long standing, no less!

I haven't got a Labour party card but i'm in an affiliated trade union the political levy is only a few Sheqel's and I can vote in Labour party ballots if I choose.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:20 - Dec 12 with 1618 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:12 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

I haven't got a Labour party card but i'm in an affiliated trade union the political levy is only a few Sheqel's and I can vote in Labour party ballots if I choose.

So can I, oddly enough, but my hypocrisy only stretches so far.

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:25 - Dec 12 with 1611 viewsladyjack

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:20 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

I take it you have never voted in the Labour party leadership elections ?
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:36 - Dec 12 with 1588 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:25 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

I take it you have never voted in the Labour party leadership elections ?

No, never. I’d have been too young for Michael Foot and not remotely interested in any of his successors.

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:44 - Dec 12 with 1575 viewsladyjack

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:36 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

No, never. I’d have been too young for Michael Foot and not remotely interested in any of his successors.

I've never used the option either so no hypocrisy there, but its nice to have that option .

Looks like i've got you all ends up again Lohengrin, lol and you a book reader and all that.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:54 - Dec 12 with 1554 viewsCatullus

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:20 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

I gave up on the Unions after Alan Johnson proved Union bigwigs are as bad as the politicians!

I'll say Tory majority 25-32 and nothing much will change for the better and Corbyn will cling onto the leadership for another 6 months before the momentous day Labour realises they need a better leader then along comes Long-Bailey to start another few years of stupidity.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:55 - Dec 12 with 1554 viewsProfessor

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 11:51 - Dec 12 by whiterock

This is my Eurovision, I'll be having a beer or two watching it all unfold

The best two quotes this week (for balance, unlike the right wing press)

Robert Peston is so far up Boris' ass, he can see Laura Kunsbergs feet

Labour will win the election up until 5pm when Tory voters finish work and vote

An awful lot of Tory voters are retired.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:56 - Dec 12 with 1549 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:44 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

I've never used the option either so no hypocrisy there, but its nice to have that option .

Looks like i've got you all ends up again Lohengrin, lol and you a book reader and all that.

Eh?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:59 - Dec 12 with 1542 viewsCatullus

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:55 - Dec 12 by Professor

An awful lot of Tory voters are retired.

Not many young people are retired, as the saying goes if you're not left wing when you're young you have no heart, not right wing when you're old you have no brain.

Not many young people have dementia though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 14:03 - Dec 12 with 1534 viewsHighjack

I hope the OP has got permission off the Monarchy and the FBI to start this thread. If civil service rules have been broken he could be in massive trouble.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 14:06 - Dec 12 with 1528 viewsLohengrin

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 14:03 - Dec 12 by Highjack

I hope the OP has got permission off the Monarchy and the FBI to start this thread. If civil service rules have been broken he could be in massive trouble.

Tramp will save him.

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 14:06 - Dec 12 with 1526 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 13:56 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

Eh?

Humour him.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 14:16 - Dec 12 with 1519 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 14:06 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Humour him.

I am trying. It’s a care in the community initiative with Singleton hospital, co-sponsored by the Swans and Dai Teifi Coracle Weavers from Abermadhouse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024