Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26304 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 14:20 - Dec 12 with 1817 viewsProfessor

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 13:59 - Dec 12 by Catullus

Not many young people are retired, as the saying goes if you're not left wing when you're young you have no heart, not right wing when you're old you have no brain.

Not many young people have dementia though.

No-not many!

Seriously-I may well be better off if there is a Tory win-but the moral price is too high for me personally. I have never really changed my political viewpoint. Too moderate for Momentum Labour, too pragmatic I guess. Still it could be third revolutionary government since WW2. 1945 and 1979 being the others. We all fear change but it may bring opportunities (being hyper optimistic)
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 14:33 - Dec 12 with 1792 viewsHighjack

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 08:01 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

Gower - please no 🙏🏿

Carl is a big swans fan, or at least he used to be. Haven’t seen him for a while. Nice chap.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 15:58 - Dec 12 with 1730 viewslonglostjack

Maybe wishful thinking but I don’t think the majority will be as big as polls are suggesting. In the 20-30 seats range. IDS, Mogg and Raab losing their seats would be some consolation.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:20 - Dec 12 with 1707 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 15:58 - Dec 12 by longlostjack

Maybe wishful thinking but I don’t think the majority will be as big as polls are suggesting. In the 20-30 seats range. IDS, Mogg and Raab losing their seats would be some consolation.

Don't like small majorities, the extremists get more of a say. I've got a feeling that this may be close run thing; two poor leaders cancelling each other out.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:30 - Dec 12 with 1690 viewslifelong

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:20 - Dec 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

Don't like small majorities, the extremists get more of a say. I've got a feeling that this may be close run thing; two poor leaders cancelling each other out.

Went to a primary school yesterday to watch our Grandson in the Christmas concert, at the end of which the head teacher reminded everyone that the school would be closed today because of the election, giving everyone a chance to vote for two people who not many really want.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 1674 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 07:52 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

Due to work commitments I was first through the door of my polling station and I can give you boys and girls the inside track on which party is leading the vote count inside that polling station and guess what its Plaid Cymru that is leading.

That milk doesn’t deliver itself eh Trampie?

Lol.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:41 - Dec 12 with 1663 viewslondonlisa2001

My prediction - 30-35 seat majority for the Tories.

My wish - a Parliament so hung that none of them can achieve anything at all unless the centre of both main parties decide to start talking to each other and binning their extreme wings.

Second choice - bizarrely a large Tory majority would be better than a small majority as it would allow Johnson to get rid of the ERG loons and move to the centre. May be wishful thinking but more likely to happen than if there’s the sort of small majority I predict which leaves the loons with too much say.

Dream scenario - Johnson, Raab and Patel losing their seats. None is likely, the third impossible given the majority, but it would brighten up Christmas no end.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:42 - Dec 12 with 1662 viewsladyjack

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:36 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

That milk doesn’t deliver itself eh Trampie?

Lol.

No and those cows don't milk themselves either.
Login to get fewer ads

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:47 - Dec 12 with 1647 viewsLohengrin

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:42 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

Leanne and Delyth?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:49 - Dec 12 with 1640 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 16:42 - Dec 12 by ladyjack

If you are a farmer, you’re the first I’ve ever heard describe the morning milking as ‘work commitments’.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:51 - Dec 12 with 1634 viewsNeath_Jack

That's the first time I've ever had to queue at a poling station.

Ruined my purposeful stride across the wooden floor somewhat.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:51 - Dec 12 with 1632 viewsLohengrin

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:41 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

My prediction - 30-35 seat majority for the Tories.

My wish - a Parliament so hung that none of them can achieve anything at all unless the centre of both main parties decide to start talking to each other and binning their extreme wings.

Second choice - bizarrely a large Tory majority would be better than a small majority as it would allow Johnson to get rid of the ERG loons and move to the centre. May be wishful thinking but more likely to happen than if there’s the sort of small majority I predict which leaves the loons with too much say.

Dream scenario - Johnson, Raab and Patel losing their seats. None is likely, the third impossible given the majority, but it would brighten up Christmas no end.

You just know that clown would immediately adopt the left-leaning stance of Macmillan if he thought for one second it was a glow he could bask in, Lis.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:52 - Dec 12 with 1631 viewslondonlisa2001

The people in our polling station earlier said today has been the busiest they’ve ever seen it. Given it’s been chucking it down all day I found that surprising and not what I expected. We’re in a very safe seat as well where you wouldn’t think people would be quite as motivated.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 1587 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:52 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

The people in our polling station earlier said today has been the busiest they’ve ever seen it. Given it’s been chucking it down all day I found that surprising and not what I expected. We’re in a very safe seat as well where you wouldn’t think people would be quite as motivated.

Yep - voted around noon and the busiest I've ever seen it.

Horn and Wang contesting in Hammersmith - {insert knob gag here}.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:28 - Dec 12 with 1575 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 16:51 - Dec 12 by Lohengrin

You just know that clown would immediately adopt the left-leaning stance of Macmillan if he thought for one second it was a glow he could bask in, Lis.

He’d sing ‘ ooh Jeremy Corbyn ‘ if it suited him Loh.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:29 - Dec 12 with 1573 viewsCatullus

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:19 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Well here in Skewen they said it had been steady all day rather than busy. When I went they had only a dribble of people, that was 30 mins ago, the polling station is only 2/3 minute walk away. It is usually a safe Labour seat but maybe Beany can turn Kinnockio junior over just once, I can dream.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:32 - Dec 12 with 1568 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:19 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Yes I saw their names for the first time today when I looked at the ballot paper.

I kind of think if someone wants you to vote for them you should have heard at least their name before the day.

Although in fairness it’s possible that the Tories have made a mark against my address since the time a few years ago when I shouted at their canvasser for quite a long time outside my front door...
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:40 - Dec 12 with 1552 viewsmonmouth

Went half hour ago and was told it had been much, much busier than usual here, which was good news, but not many young people had been seen, which wasn't. All the retired blimps must have been out to secure Thicko Davies another term 'representing' Monmouth.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:49 - Dec 12 with 1533 viewsPegojack

I voted two weeks ago in Adsubia (Alicante Province). Yes, you guessed it, I posted my vote.

A complete waste of time, since as an ex pat, you have to vote in the constituency in which you last lived. For me, that's Herefordshire North, which is a shoo in for despicable Tory expenses fiddler Bill Wiggin.

I only vote out of homage to the ordinary people who gave their lives 75 - 80 years ago to protect our right to vote, God bless them.

I pray for you all, my friends, in face of the disaster that's about to befall you.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:00]
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:56 - Dec 12 with 1507 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:49 - Dec 12 by Pegojack

I voted two weeks ago in Adsubia (Alicante Province). Yes, you guessed it, I posted my vote.

A complete waste of time, since as an ex pat, you have to vote in the constituency in which you last lived. For me, that's Herefordshire North, which is a shoo in for despicable Tory expenses fiddler Bill Wiggin.

I only vote out of homage to the ordinary people who gave their lives 75 - 80 years ago to protect our right to vote, God bless them.

I pray for you all, my friends, in face of the disaster that's about to befall you.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:00]

I wish I could uparrow you twice, Mike - once for the sentiment and another for the correct spelling of "shoo in".
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:23 - Dec 12 with 1470 viewslonglostjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 17:40 - Dec 12 by monmouth

Went half hour ago and was told it had been much, much busier than usual here, which was good news, but not many young people had been seen, which wasn't. All the retired blimps must have been out to secure Thicko Davies another term 'representing' Monmouth.

Dull as a brush. Hope there’s some tactical voting to get him out.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:24 - Dec 12 with 1466 viewsBest_loser

The gap between tory majority and no majority has narrowed considerably in the last 2 hours on betting exchanges
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 18:28 - Dec 12 with 1450 viewsmajorraglan

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 08:47 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Or, even worse, Laura Fûcking Pidcock...

Perhaps that would finally lead to the break up of Momentum, oops - Labour.

Saw her on TV a few weeks for the first time, I was far from impressed and thought she was deluded.
The 2109 General Election results thread. on 18:30 - Dec 12 with 1442 viewsHighjack

The 2109 General Election results thread. on 18:28 - Dec 12 by majorraglan

Saw her on TV a few weeks for the first time, I was far from impressed and thought she was deluded.

She sounds a bit overqualified.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:36 - Dec 12 with 1428 viewsmajorraglan

Quite a few of the old people I know who despise the Conservatives have really surprised me this election and have voted Tory, two reasons, some because they want Brexit done and the others son account of the fact they don’t like Corbyn. The fact that Boris is a liar etc isn’t on their radar.

Just been to my polling station and they report a brisk trade, looked like mostly oldies.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024