Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26301 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:49 - Dec 12 with 1424 viewsNotLoyal

As I said it will be all over by 10.05pm.
Bye Bye champagne communist with terrorist sympathies and anti semetic views thinking its trendy.

Hilarious. The country has not voted in the idiot torys it's voted out the idiot Labour Party. The people who have destroyed what was real Labour, the needy, the lazy, the blamers, the workshy, the social media clowns, everything they want is built on hate and anti everything, nobody wants that. Nothing is fresh or new when it's red, it's just hate upon hate.
The Labour our grandparents supported with honest values is dead. The reformers post WW2 Inc Bevan have been stabbed in the back.
Hang your heads in shame scumbags. The end of a political era. Your fashionable minority party is dead.

Margaret Thatchers turn to dance in the streets.
And Labour and their pathetic followers have only themselves to blame.
Don't wait up. It's pointless.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:52 - Dec 12 with 1379 viewsCooperman

Dear oh dear. If that exit poll represents the reality of what is about to roll out over the next twelve hours then it makes for very grim reading.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:54 - Dec 12 with 1359 viewslondonlisa2001

Obviously may not be correct, but as I said earlier, a large majority, which looks pretty certain, is better than a small majority.

Second for me only to a hung parliament of possible outcomes.

Why? He’ll possibly bin the right wing and move to the centre. Interestingly LK appeared to suggest the same a few minutes ago, as did Marr when he said this could mean a softer Brexit. They already started talking about extending the transition period.

The first few results could of course show that this poll is way out or pretty good.

As an aside, if it is the case that places like Halifax, Warrington etc have really gone Tory, I think they may have a rather rude awakening. It will be difficult to feel overly sorry for them to be honest. It will be horrible for the people affected, but it really is very naive.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 22:56]
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:55 - Dec 12 with 1345 viewsMorfa_Same

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:52 - Dec 12 by Cooperman

Dear oh dear. If that exit poll represents the reality of what is about to roll out over the next twelve hours then it makes for very grim reading.

It's too depressing for words.

The only positive is that Corbyn might finally flush. Too late now though.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:59 - Dec 12 with 1298 viewsDarran

I’ll tell you something else too and I don’t give a fućk if you think I’m homophobic and racist (I’m not) but if you think traditional working class Labour people are in touch with the likes of Eddie Izzard walking around looking like my gran on crack and Stormzy you are utterly deluded.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:01 - Dec 12 with 1277 viewsVincent_Vega

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:59 - Dec 12 by Darran

I’ll tell you something else too and I don’t give a fućk if you think I’m homophobic and racist (I’m not) but if you think traditional working class Labour people are in touch with the likes of Eddie Izzard walking around looking like my gran on crack and Stormzy you are utterly deluded.

And don’t forget that utter woopsie Lilly Allen

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:02 - Dec 12 with 1263 viewsHighjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:49 - Dec 12 by NotLoyal

As I said it will be all over by 10.05pm.
Bye Bye champagne communist with terrorist sympathies and anti semetic views thinking its trendy.

Hilarious. The country has not voted in the idiot torys it's voted out the idiot Labour Party. The people who have destroyed what was real Labour, the needy, the lazy, the blamers, the workshy, the social media clowns, everything they want is built on hate and anti everything, nobody wants that. Nothing is fresh or new when it's red, it's just hate upon hate.
The Labour our grandparents supported with honest values is dead. The reformers post WW2 Inc Bevan have been stabbed in the back.
Hang your heads in shame scumbags. The end of a political era. Your fashionable minority party is dead.

Margaret Thatchers turn to dance in the streets.
And Labour and their pathetic followers have only themselves to blame.
Don't wait up. It's pointless.

You’ve hit the f*cking nail right on the c*nt there you f*cking bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:02 - Dec 12 with 1260 viewsUxbridge

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:59 - Dec 12 by Darran

So, more in touch with racists and xenophobes than transvestites and blacks? It's a hot take Dar, I'll give you that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:04 - Dec 12 with 1241 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:02 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

So, more in touch with racists and xenophobes than transvestites and blacks? It's a hot take Dar, I'll give you that.

You can call it what you want Andrew but you know exactly what I’m saying and part or the problem is the total denial of the truth.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:04 - Dec 12 with 1242 viewsDr_Winston

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:02 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Racists like Diane Abbott?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:04 - Dec 12 with 1240 viewsraynor94

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:13 - Dec 12 by builthjack

People moan and groan about the state of the country, state of the NHS etc. But vote Tory.
When these cnts drive the country further into the ground they only have themselves to blame.

One good thing, iit looks likely to be an overall majority, so they can't blame others this time.

Having said that, for their 9 years of sheer destruction of the country , they blame labour.

Unbelievable.

No, they blame Corbyn and Momentum who took control of the Labour party

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:05 - Dec 12 with 1237 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:01 - Dec 12 by Vincent_Vega

And don’t forget that utter woopsie Lilly Allen

Yes and her.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:05 - Dec 12 with 1235 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:54 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

Obviously may not be correct, but as I said earlier, a large majority, which looks pretty certain, is better than a small majority.

Why? He’ll possibly bin the right wing and move to the centre. Interestingly LK appeared to suggest the same a few minutes ago, as did Marr when he said this could mean a softer Brexit. They already started talking about extending the transition period.

The first few results could of course show that this poll is way out or pretty good.

As an aside, if it is the case that places like Halifax, Warrington etc have really gone Tory, I think they may have a rather rude awakening. It will be difficult to feel overly sorry for them to be honest. It will be horrible for the people affected, but it really is very naive.

I genuinely think you’re overestimating how “one nation” Johnson really wants to be. And his parliamentary party would have shifted dramatically to the right tonight. People saying that Labour is nothing like the party of Attlee, Gaitskell or Wilson are spot on. But by the same token this new Tory party bears no resemblance to that of Macmillan or even thatcher.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:10 - Dec 12 with 1191 viewsHighjack

One of my favourite themes of election night is that polling bloke absolutely bricking it at the start of the night in case his predictions are wrong and getting gradually more confident as the results come in until he’s dropping his trousers and doing the night fever dance whilst helicoptering his willy in jubilation. (May have exaggerated that last bit)

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:11 - Dec 12 with 1181 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:05 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

I genuinely think you’re overestimating how “one nation” Johnson really wants to be. And his parliamentary party would have shifted dramatically to the right tonight. People saying that Labour is nothing like the party of Attlee, Gaitskell or Wilson are spot on. But by the same token this new Tory party bears no resemblance to that of Macmillan or even thatcher.

I agree with you re the party. I’m basing my comments on reports (pre election) from some that are close to him...
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:11 - Dec 12 with 1181 viewsexiledclaseboy

Michael Foot won 209 seats in 1983, an election long since considered Labour’s nadir. It looks like Corbyn has managed to top that. Fair play. History books.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:15 - Dec 12 with 1154 viewsDippy

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:11 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

Michael Foot won 209 seats in 1983, an election long since considered Labour’s nadir. It looks like Corbyn has managed to top that. Fair play. History books.

Stop sh*tting your pants, it's not quite over yet

Poll: Cooper Out

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:15 - Dec 12 with 1154 viewsbuilthjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:04 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Even the Monster raving loonies would run the country better than Johnson.
Get your hard hats on people, we have a total liar in charge. Lie after lie but people don't seem to mind that. Fools.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:15 - Dec 12 with 1153 viewsFireboy2

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:54 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

I totally agree with your last paragraph lisa.

These people will get what they deserve, more cuts,
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:16 - Dec 12 with 1144 viewsDarran

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:04 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Well said Rayns.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:16 - Dec 12 with 1142 viewsFireboy2

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:15 - Dec 12 by builthjack

Even the Monster raving loonies would run the country better than Johnson.
Get your hard hats on people, we have a total liar in charge. Lie after lie but people don't seem to mind that. Fools.

Him and trump working together to ruin the NHS.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:17 - Dec 12 with 1137 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:15 - Dec 12 by Dippy

Stop sh*tting your pants, it's not quite over yet

I’m already at the sixth stage of grief, Skip. The seventh will be more difficult to achieve but life is a process.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:24 - Dec 12 with 1090 viewsBarrySwan

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:36 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

Farage only wants to keep Farage in the spotlight.

That’s why he doesn’t want the deal to go through. It makes him irrelevant.

He’ll love it if it falls apart and he can keep moaning about betrayal while picking up a huge sum of money from the EU.

I've no love of Mr Farage and have no doubt that I know him and his motives far better than yourself.

But your constant bitterness and and ludicrously incorrect assessment of such a basic matter shows up your extremely poor ability as a political judge or pundit despite your stream of patronising self styled know it all expert pronouncements for quite some time now.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 1080 viewsBest_loser

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 22:28 - Dec 12 by builthjack

This country is fcked. Prepare to emigrate.

Yes

To Scotland

😃
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 23:25 - Dec 12 with 1076 viewsmajorraglan

Exit polls are predicting Swindon will lose her seat to the SNP. If things play out as predicted, she and Corbyn will have had a mare, they have given Boris the election he wanted and he has ripped them apart. They should have forced him to play his hand and stew in his own juices. There may be pluses for the SNP in terms of additional seats, but they are now on the margins along with all the Labour, Lib Dem’s and the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024