Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road 12:16 - Dec 12 with 7542 viewsJimmyGilligan

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-double-decker-bus-174

[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 12:17]
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 12:38 - Dec 12 with 4412 viewsNotLoyal

How many were in it, used to get packed way back.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 12:41 - Dec 12 with 4401 viewsJimmyGilligan

Doesn't say there were injuries though so at least a few on there, off route because of the roadworks
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:07 - Dec 12 with 4310 viewssainthelens

Look out for the inevitable blame game.
Bus was on that route cos of a temporary road closure.
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:08 - Dec 12 with 4306 viewswestside

Lots of students on bus No.10
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:19 - Dec 12 with 4286 viewsSgorioFruit

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:07 - Dec 12 by sainthelens

agreed,
however, the blame starts and stops at the driver.

But of course, the control room that redirected the bus down this road must have and should have known.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:41 - Dec 12 with 4250 viewsLeonWasGod

Now 8 injured, 2 seriously one with life threatening injuries.

Fkn idiots. What twot doesn't look out for height restrictions when they're in a chuffin great big bus?
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:43 - Dec 12 with 4246 viewsNeath_Jack

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:41 - Dec 12 by LeonWasGod

Fkn idiots. What twot doesn't look out for height restrictions when they're in a chuffin great big bus?

That’s probably why the driver has been nicked.

One been airlifted to a Cardiff hospital 😕

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:53 - Dec 12 with 4219 viewsDarran

When I was a kid my gran would never let me go upstairs on a double decker,she used to say there’s no driver upstairs.

True story.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:54 - Dec 12 with 4220 viewsLohengrin

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:41 - Dec 12 by LeonWasGod

Bloody Hell! Merry Christmas, eh?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:56 - Dec 12 with 4209 viewsraynor94

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:07 - Dec 12 by sainthelens

Surely the driver should have observed the height restrictions on the bridge, no surprise he's been arrested.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:59 - Dec 12 with 4203 viewsLohengrin

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:53 - Dec 12 by Darran

When I was a kid my gran would never let me go upstairs on a double decker,she used to say there’s no driver upstairs.

True story.

Baglan girl?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:00 - Dec 12 with 4199 viewsLohengrin

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:56 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Surely the driver should have observed the height restrictions on the bridge, no surprise he's been arrested.

I was driving down Fabian Way at roughly the same time as this accident was happening. It was emptying down, the driving conditions were awful.

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:01 - Dec 12 with 4196 viewsjackrmee

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 14:56 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Probably should have been aware of the height restrictions, but if you're a driver used to doing the same run day after day after day, with no worries about hitting anything, I suppose you wouldn't think of it. Especially if his/her manager has outlined the temporary route due to road closure. I mean you'd expect someone in charge to not re-route your double decker bus through somewhere it won't fit!

Of course the driver should have some responsibility, but so should the person who told him to drive that way, even more so the manager IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:22 - Dec 12 with 4164 viewsHighjack

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:01 - Dec 12 by jackrmee

Probably should have been aware of the height restrictions, but if you're a driver used to doing the same run day after day after day, with no worries about hitting anything, I suppose you wouldn't think of it. Especially if his/her manager has outlined the temporary route due to road closure. I mean you'd expect someone in charge to not re-route your double decker bus through somewhere it won't fit!

Of course the driver should have some responsibility, but so should the person who told him to drive that way, even more so the manager IMO.

It’s 100% the drivers fault. High bus, low bridge. You can’t blame the manager for that kind of stupidity.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 17:49 - Dec 12 with 4000 viewsCatullus

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:01 - Dec 12 by jackrmee

The driver has to take full responsibility, he can tell the manager he's been a dick later.

Lucky there wasn't a train coming, the roof ended up on the tracks.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 17:52 - Dec 12 with 3995 viewsNeath_Jack

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:22 - Dec 12 by Highjack

It’s 100% the drivers fault. High bus, low bridge. You can’t blame the manager for that kind of stupidity.

The management / planning, will be one of the root causes.

The driver will be ultimately to blame, but it doesn't stop there, unless he didn't follow the planned diversion route, and took that route of his own thinking.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 17:53 - Dec 12 with 3993 viewstheloneranger

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 17:49 - Dec 12 by Catullus

The driver has to take full responsibility, he can tell the manager he's been a dick later.

Lucky there wasn't a train coming, the roof ended up on the tracks.

This type of accident happened quite a few times around Swansea in the1970's.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:06 - Dec 12 with 3903 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 15:22 - Dec 12 by Highjack

I doubt he could get a single decker under that bridge let alone a double decker.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:19 - Dec 12 with 3873 viewstheloneranger

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:06 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

I doubt he could get a single decker under that bridge let alone a double decker.

Swansea used to have buses which were built to fit under low bridges.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 19:35]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:20 - Dec 12 with 3867 viewsraynor94

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:06 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

That could well be the reason, single deck buses use that route.

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 19:20 - Dec 12 with 3865 viewsglanmORJa_k

single decker buses use the route from the Liberty Park and Ride to town. No way a double decker should be using that route. Blame the driver but also blame the logistics guy at First Cymru
Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 20:00 - Dec 12 with 3806 viewsThrasher6

Driver approaches the bridge. He is driving a double decker and there's a low..ish bridge in front of me. The best thing to do would be to slow down to almost a crawl before it and gauge whether the bus I am driving fits under it. If it doesn't then I will know almost immediately and I can hit the brakes. Worst scenario would be a bump near the roof...it's not rocket science.

But oh no.....what does he go and do.....ffs

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:05 - Dec 12 with 3736 viewsraynor94

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 20:00 - Dec 12 by Thrasher6

Driver approaches the bridge. He is driving a double decker and there's a low..ish bridge in front of me. The best thing to do would be to slow down to almost a crawl before it and gauge whether the bus I am driving fits under it. If it doesn't then I will know almost immediately and I can hit the brakes. Worst scenario would be a bump near the roof...it's not rocket science.

But oh no.....what does he go and do.....ffs

He obviously knew the height of his vehicle, and the max headroom was on the bridge. Why on earth did he carry on?

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:08 - Dec 12 with 3726 viewsexiledclaseboy

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:05 - Dec 12 by raynor94

He obviously knew the height of his vehicle, and the max headroom was on the bridge. Why on earth did he carry on?

Perhaps he forgot what he was driving and was confused by an unusual route? Alternatively, he may have been taken ill at the wheel. Clearly he made a mistake and is ultimately responsible but he’s nit public enemy number one. He’s a bus driver who f*cked up with awful consequences.

Poll: Tory leader

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:09 - Dec 12 with 3718 viewsjackrmee

Double decker hits bridge off Neath Road on 21:05 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Might he have been a regular driver of a low bus and forgot he was driving a double decker? Weird one otherwise.
I mean, we all drive in autopilot if we are used to a certain route, right?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024