Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread 15:35 - Dec 12 with 15682 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 14:35]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 14 with 1940 viewsPozuelosSideys

We win 3-1 and people are still moaning. Fck off is it and enjoy the win. God knows when the next one is coming.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 14 with 1919 views3swan

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 14 by Algorfajack

More to the point Mike is why when Boro are down to 9 men, Borja was'nt brought on to try to capitalise?

Hadn't we used our 3 subs by then?
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 14 with 1898 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 14 by Algorfajack

More to the point Mike is why when Boro are down to 9 men, Borja was'nt brought on to try to capitalise?

I suppose we're going to flog him in Jan?
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:15 - Dec 14 with 1873 viewsjojaca

We are shockingly bad, attendances dropping, people around me not returning to seats after half time. We can't play through the middle and have no pace out wide. If it wasn't for red cards, I was wondering when we would score from open play.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 14 with 1865 viewsNeath_Jack

3 points are 3 points, and any other cliche you want to use.

But, we are f*cking crap, absolutely shapeless.

Hope we can hang onto Andre past January.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:20 - Dec 14 with 1823 viewsNotLoyal

We played no different to Wednesday, but come on, we won. Be happy.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Dec 14 with 1810 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 14 by PozuelosSideys

We win 3-1 and people are still moaning. Fck off is it and enjoy the win. God knows when the next one is coming.

A win is a win and most welcome ... But it's not the point of moaning, it's watching us still being so fvcking lethargic against 9 men and Cooper standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets looking as though he's sleeping on his fvcking feet!!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 17:24]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:25 - Dec 14 with 1780 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 14 by Pegojack

I suppose we're going to flog him in Jan?

We’d more likely find a buyer and get more for him if he was in the shop window scoring a few goals.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:26 - Dec 14 with 1764 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Dec 14 by theloneranger

A win is a win and most welcome ... But it's not the point of moaning, it's watching us still being so fvcking lethargic against 9 men and Cooper standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets looking as though he's sleeping on his fvcking feet!!

Mate, we are a young side with a young manager which is absolutely shot on confidence. You can tell that with the mistakes being made and the players body language screams nerves, particularly at home. Its no coincidence that the best Swansea teams we have watched over recent years have been confident, loose and fed off the positive nature of the crowd and vice versa.

A win is a win. Win the next one and the crowd will pick up again, so will the noise and the game gets easier as confidence increases. We are 3 points off third place after a stinking run of form. Things could be much, much worse.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 14 with 1716 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:26 - Dec 14 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, we are a young side with a young manager which is absolutely shot on confidence. You can tell that with the mistakes being made and the players body language screams nerves, particularly at home. Its no coincidence that the best Swansea teams we have watched over recent years have been confident, loose and fed off the positive nature of the crowd and vice versa.

A win is a win. Win the next one and the crowd will pick up again, so will the noise and the game gets easier as confidence increases. We are 3 points off third place after a stinking run of form. Things could be much, much worse.

I think it’s far more than that. What we’re seeing out there is a function of whatever’s going on on the training pitch. It ain’t working and it’s nothing to do with age. Let’s hope we can keep grinding results out, as the football is getting worse to watch week after week.
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 14 with 1682 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 14 by LeonWasGod

I think it’s far more than that. What we’re seeing out there is a function of whatever’s going on on the training pitch. It ain’t working and it’s nothing to do with age. Let’s hope we can keep grinding results out, as the football is getting worse to watch week after week.

Im sure there is an element of that. But we have seen games, particularly in the first couple of months, and a handful since, where we show some serious ability. Its just not been consistent. There has also been a lot of brittle rubbish. A long run of games without breaks will suit is.

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 14 with 1680 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Dec 14 by theloneranger

This.

I've given Cooper a lot of the benefit of the doubt, because it's not easy building a team with some of the materials he's got, but the lack of ambition, purpose and drive during big chunks of that second half was inexcusable, and the buck for that stops with him.

You can lack quality and still look interested.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:50 - Dec 14 with 1586 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

This.

I've given Cooper a lot of the benefit of the doubt, because it's not easy building a team with some of the materials he's got, but the lack of ambition, purpose and drive during big chunks of that second half was inexcusable, and the buck for that stops with him.

I'm starting to question whether André Ayew as player manager would be a good idea. But I suspect it's the Gower Power.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:50 - Dec 14 with 1584 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

This.

Was saying similar during the game, we were pathetic for long periods of the game and there was Cooper strolling around his area with his hands in his pockets without seeming interested in what was going on.
A win is a win yes,but,that was a shocking performance and you could sense the frustration in the crowd.
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:51 - Dec 14 with 1576 viewsOneill_77

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 14 by PozuelosSideys

Agreed. And also agree the young team and manager have shown patches of promising, progressive, purposeful stuff.

However Coops' laissez faire languid demeanour is rubbing off on the team - far too soft and laid back.

Coops needs to man-up and stop 'being down with the kids' now he's managing in the Championship
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 14 with 1553 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:50 - Dec 14 by lifelong

Was saying similar during the game, we were pathetic for long periods of the game and there was Cooper strolling around his area with his hands in his pockets without seeming interested in what was going on.
A win is a win yes,but,that was a shocking performance and you could sense the frustration in the crowd.

It says a lot about how dull and ambitionless we are in general at home when one of the biggest cheers of the first half came when we actually took an attacking free kick rather than just passing it sideways.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 14 with 1551 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This.

Quite.

We needed a break at 1-1 and we got it with their first red. I was fearing the worst at that point.

If Naughton isn’t better than Bidwell I’ll eat my hat. Celina has gone backwards a very long way under this manager.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 18:04 - Dec 14 with 1489 viewsHighjack

This.

I made this comment at half time that we were just playing for the result today, nothing else. We were time wasting and slowing things down from the minute we went one nil up and 2-1 up. It’s not like us but i think after the run we’ve had at home they just wanted that W.

It was noticeable that Grimes was telling everyone to slow things down even at 3-1 and a two man advantage.

They were taking no chances, just wanted the monkey off their back. Not very entertaining but job done.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 18:07 - Dec 14 with 1464 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 18:04 - Dec 14 by Highjack

I made this comment at half time that we were just playing for the result today, nothing else. We were time wasting and slowing things down from the minute we went one nil up and 2-1 up. It’s not like us but i think after the run we’ve had at home they just wanted that W.

It was noticeable that Grimes was telling everyone to slow things down even at 3-1 and a two man advantage.

They were taking no chances, just wanted the monkey off their back. Not very entertaining but job done.

Don't get me started on Grimes.

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 14 with 1300 viewsLandore_Jack

Can someone please explain why we always try to play through the middle? Why is Cooper against playing with wingers?

#backtojack

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 18:58 - Dec 14 with 1203 viewsdameedna

It reduces not removes the chances of getting caught on the counter attack.
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 19:39 - Dec 14 with 1069 viewsperplex

Two decent Midfielders with a bit of dog in them and a proven championship finisher, now that would be very nice indeed, of course that would mean spending some money which probably will not happen so I guess we will have to continue with a midfield that has to be one of the weakest physicality wise in the league.
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 1058 viewsperplex

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 16:51 - Dec 14 by MrSwerve

Some of Surridge's finishing and decision making has been shocking today.

Yep he works hard and will pop in the odd one or two but that's about it.
The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 1057 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 18:58 - Dec 14 by dameedna

It reduces not removes the chances of getting caught on the counter attack.

Really? On the results of what I’ve seen, Baldricks cunning plan might be more effective then. Teams kill us on the break, normally when one of our dogs hit midfield players gives them the ball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Fc vs Middlesbrough FC Match Thread on 19:53 - Dec 14 with 1017 viewsFlashberryjack

We win 3-1 home win.

Why am I so disappointed?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024