Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 22:13 - Dec 18 with 3769 viewsPentyrchJack

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-12-17/mark-drakeford-accuses-prime-minister-

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 22:19 - Dec 18 with 3065 viewsmonmouth

Johnson won't give a shit about the relief road, or Wales come to that now that the election is over. Drakeford is a pumped up nowt.

There'll be a lot of spending proposals quietly forgotten very very quickly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 23:04 - Dec 18 with 3002 viewsmajorraglan

I am a big believer in going green, doing our bit to save the environment, renewable energy etc, but I genuinely believe but we really need the relief road if Wales is to have a prosperous future. I believe Drakeford got this wrong when he pulled the plug on it last year, they may not have the money, but they could have kept the tolls on the Severn Bridges to help pay for it.
The number of cars on the road isn’t going to decrease, all that will happen is that they will be powered by electricity and newer technologies.

This is 1 thing I would support Boris on

Edit typo
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 19:07]
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 00:14 - Dec 19 with 2942 viewsHighjack

Boris doesn't know what he's in for messing with Mark. Don't diddle the Drake. Swinson tried it and now she's toast.

I heard that he's so dangerous that the flu virus has to get Mark Drakeford jabs every winter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 00:15 - Dec 19 with 2941 viewsHighjack

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 22:19 - Dec 18 by monmouth

Johnson won't give a shit about the relief road, or Wales come to that now that the election is over. Drakeford is a pumped up nowt.

There'll be a lot of spending proposals quietly forgotten very very quickly.

Are you trying to diddle the Drake?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:00 - Dec 19 with 2810 viewsWingstandwood

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 00:14 - Dec 19 by Highjack

Boris doesn't know what he's in for messing with Mark. Don't diddle the Drake. Swinson tried it and now she's toast.

I heard that he's so dangerous that the flu virus has to get Mark Drakeford jabs every winter.

Argus!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:23 - Dec 19 with 2789 viewsVincent_Vega

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 00:14 - Dec 19 by Highjack

Take on Drake at you're peril

I heard he can kill 2 stones with one bird.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:27 - Dec 19 with 2780 viewsWingstandwood

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:23 - Dec 19 by Vincent_Vega

Take on Drake at you're peril

I heard he can kill 2 stones with one bird.

Argus!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:38 - Dec 19 with 2776 viewsdickythorpe

Glasses off, he will stare you into submission

Login to get fewer ads

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:44 - Dec 19 with 2769 viewsWingstandwood

Quote: "During the election campaign, the Conservative Party promised to ensure an M4 relief road around Newport will be built, a project rejected by the Labour Welsh Government".

What government would NOT want a major improvement to its transport infrastructure that not only would improve transport flow, ease congestion, but improve economic prospects also. I guess just as I've mentioned on here previously i.e. a Labour government with a "keep em poor. keep em voting Labour" strategy. Labour afraid it'll have future votes stolen?

Is there any reason why this should be blocked? If there is one? fair enough!

But? After all HTV 'Wales This Week' did say Wales has road transport that belongs to over fifty years in the past. It takes an eternity for the Tories to show some thought for Wales, when it finally does the Labour Party then sabotages it?

Argus!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:58 - Dec 19 with 2743 viewsVincent_Vega

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:44 - Dec 19 by Wingstandwood

Quote: "During the election campaign, the Conservative Party promised to ensure an M4 relief road around Newport will be built, a project rejected by the Labour Welsh Government".

What government would NOT want a major improvement to its transport infrastructure that not only would improve transport flow, ease congestion, but improve economic prospects also. I guess just as I've mentioned on here previously i.e. a Labour government with a "keep em poor. keep em voting Labour" strategy. Labour afraid it'll have future votes stolen?

But? After all HTV 'Wales This Week' did say Wales has road transport that belongs to over fifty years in the past. It takes an eternity for the Tories to show some thought for Wales, when it finally does the Labour Party then sabotages it?

All of Wales' road infrastructure is not fit for purpose. Forget the 50's many of the roads belong in the 18th Century! The M4 relief road is needed badly but the whole M4 in Wales is FUBAR. The 50 zones are a joke, the traffic is so heavy around Swansea it needs 3 lanes and Llanelli slip road is a disaster waiting to happen. Beyond that the A48 is overloaded most days, Cross Hands roundabout again cant hold the traffic volumes. Carmarthen in the summer is gridlock! All these gripes are just South Wales before you even go into Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion, North-South link, North Wales' A55.

Whole thing needs massive investment which will never happen as Tories will Tory and Labour don't want progress in Wales as they think all is rosy as the keep getting voted in.

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 10:10 - Dec 19 with 2719 viewsPawelAbbott

The M4 has had problems every weekday evening for many years. Trying heading back to Wales on a Friday night and it can take hours to get from Bristol through to Cardiff.
Heading West past Swansea is horrific as well. Once you get past St Clairs it is down to a country road but, the trains are just as bad. It is 1 1/2 hours to get from Haverfordwest to Swansea and runs only a few times a day.
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 10:21 - Dec 19 with 2703 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 23:04 - Dec 18 by majorraglan

I am a big believer in going green, doing our bit to save the environment, renewable energy etc, but I genuinely believe but we really need the relief road if Wales is to have a prosperous future. I believe Drakeford got this wrong when he pulled the plug on it last year, they may not have the money, but they could have kept the tolls on the Severn Bridges to help pay for it.
The number of cars on the road isn’t going to decrease, all that will happen is that they will be powered by electricity and newer technologies.

This is 1 thing I would support Boris on

Edit typo
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 19:07]

I heard on the radio that traffic over the bridge into Wales has increased by 16% since the tolls were scrapped. How does the current motorway cope with the extra traffic? Things on the M4 around Swansea have become noticeably worse in the last 12 months.

Was it wrong to hope the post title was literal?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 10:33 - Dec 19 with 2683 viewsWingstandwood

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:58 - Dec 19 by Vincent_Vega

All of Wales' road infrastructure is not fit for purpose. Forget the 50's many of the roads belong in the 18th Century! The M4 relief road is needed badly but the whole M4 in Wales is FUBAR. The 50 zones are a joke, the traffic is so heavy around Swansea it needs 3 lanes and Llanelli slip road is a disaster waiting to happen. Beyond that the A48 is overloaded most days, Cross Hands roundabout again cant hold the traffic volumes. Carmarthen in the summer is gridlock! All these gripes are just South Wales before you even go into Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion, North-South link, North Wales' A55.

Whole thing needs massive investment which will never happen as Tories will Tory and Labour don't want progress in Wales as they think all is rosy as the keep getting voted in.

Yeah, it is a whole of Wales problem, Wales This Week current affairs special on Welsh transport was an eye-opener. The country has been ignored for decades by both the major two parties.

Argus!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 10:39 - Dec 19 with 2680 viewsswanforthemoney

If we ain’t getting the road, they could put the money towards electrifying Swansea Cardiff rail route.

I stand in the North Stand

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 12:33 - Dec 19 with 2604 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:58 - Dec 19 by Vincent_Vega

Traffic often comes to a standstill because of queues on off slip roads going back onto the motorway itself.. I see cars hurtling up the crawler lane off Ynysforgan to get ahead in the queue too.
The A4067 is bad too with people driving like total crazies. The crazies are everywhere yet never accept the blame when they cause accidents, it's always someone else's fault.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 13:25 - Dec 19 with 2572 viewsLeonWasGod

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 09:44 - Dec 19 by Wingstandwood

Probably told them it had to come out of the Barnett formula!

Who knows what other deals were and weren't being talked about. Call me a cynical barsteward, but I find it hard to believe the Tories would simply promise to deliver on something in Labour-held Wales without something in return, or without cuts in different areas.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 13:31]
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 13:27 - Dec 19 with 2571 viewsFlashberryjack

Mark Drakeford is Jeremy Corbyn's bitch.

Two useless tosspots that have helped ruin the Labour party.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 13:33 - Dec 19 with 2563 viewsLeonWasGod

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 13:27 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

Is he? Weren't they having a bit of a bust up over Welsh Labour's pro-EU stance or was that just paper nonsense?

I haven't the slightest interest in either of them, so can't say I've been paying much attention to who's whose bitch.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 13:34]
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:24 - Dec 19 with 2509 viewsHighjack

It has been said that Mark Drakeford is so bright that when he goes outside the sun has to put on factor 50.

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:27 - Dec 19 with 2507 viewsVincent_Vega

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:24 - Dec 19 by Highjack

It has been said that Mark Drakeford is so bright that when he goes outside the sun has to put on factor 50.

It is known that Mark Drakeford once walked away from a fight with two broken ribs and a dislocated arm. He hasn't given them back yet...

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:33 - Dec 19 with 2498 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:42 - Dec 19 with 2478 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The NHS in wales run by labour's Welsh Assembly has just had it's worst ever target for A & E. Looks like the NHS is not safe in labour's hands.

Meanwhile in the queen's speech the extra funding for the NHS will be enshrined in UK law.

Seems labour's boast in their manifesto was a big lie while the conservatives are already comming good on their promises despite project fear from Corbyn and Macdonnell.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:49 - Dec 19 with 2470 viewsblackswan

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 15:42 - Dec 19 by felixstowe_jack

The NHS in wales run by labour's Welsh Assembly has just had it's worst ever target for A & E. Looks like the NHS is not safe in labour's hands.

Meanwhile in the queen's speech the extra funding for the NHS will be enshrined in UK law.

Seems labour's boast in their manifesto was a big lie while the conservatives are already comming good on their promises despite project fear from Corbyn and Macdonnell.

Any comment on the homelessness or victimisation of the disabled threads?
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 16:47 - Dec 19 with 2420 viewsWingstandwood

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 13:25 - Dec 19 by LeonWasGod

Probably told them it had to come out of the Barnett formula!

Who knows what other deals were and weren't being talked about. Call me a cynical barsteward, but I find it hard to believe the Tories would simply promise to deliver on something in Labour-held Wales without something in return, or without cuts in different areas.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 13:31]

I do not have a clue what all the reasoning behind this is, but its bizarre to say the least. It looks like Drakeford wants nothing to do with it whatsoever. Does he want any major improvement to Welsh infrastructure? I wonder what motorists, who through necessity regularly have to travel down that way think?

Quote: ''The Prime Minister has no say in the M4 relief road whatsoever.'' Drakeford insisted that even if the UK Government paid for the relief road, he still would not go ahead with the plans.

''It is not for Mr Johnson to pay,'' he said.

''It is not the way the system works. Then you're talking about very big changes indeed and a Prime Minister that would launching an assault on devolution because the way devolution works is the money comes to the Welsh Government and it is then for the National Assembly of Wales to decide how the money is spent, not for a Prime Minister in London.''

Argus!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 16:50 - Dec 19 with 2414 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 13:27 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

So did many Welsh people vote Tory because of Corbyn or because of Drakeford and Welsh Labour?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024