Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) 18:19 - Dec 19 with 1876 viewslifelong

Looks serious there an hour ago, fire engines and Police everywhere, tail back way past junction 47.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 18:21]
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:37 - Dec 19 with 1828 viewsDr_Winston

Also someone run over outside the stadium. Just taken me nearly 90 minutes to get from High St to Morriston.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:47 - Dec 19 with 1801 viewslifelong

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:37 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Also someone run over outside the stadium. Just taken me nearly 90 minutes to get from High St to Morriston.

Dreadful driving conditions this afternoon, the way some people drive there’s little wonder there are so many accidents.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:48 - Dec 19 with 1798 viewsNogginthenog

I heard a lorry had overturned near J45
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:55 - Dec 19 with 1784 viewsmajorraglan

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:47 - Dec 19 by lifelong

Dreadful driving conditions this afternoon, the way some people drive there’s little wonder there are so many accidents.

Was driving back Tuesday night and the conditions were poor, I was down to about 55 and there were headers going past at about 90. Mental.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:56 - Dec 19 with 1776 viewsmajorraglan

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:48 - Dec 19 by Nogginthenog

I heard a lorry had overturned near J45

Gone through the central reservation. Hope it’s not serious.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/christmas-traffic-m4-cardiff-swans
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 19:00 - Dec 19 with 1765 viewsNogginthenog

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 18:55 - Dec 19 by majorraglan

Was driving back Tuesday night and the conditions were poor, I was down to about 55 and there were headers going past at about 90. Mental.

I was on way back from SARN yesterday afternoon, the motorway had pools of water an inch or more deep. I was at 55mph and loonies in the outside lane were at 70. Flipping unbelievable.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 20:19 - Dec 19 with 1681 viewsCatullus

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 19:00 - Dec 19 by Nogginthenog

I was on way back from SARN yesterday afternoon, the motorway had pools of water an inch or more deep. I was at 55mph and loonies in the outside lane were at 70. Flipping unbelievable.

I could, and probably should have reported several drivers over the last few days. My dashcam has footage of the most reckless stupidity you could imagine, besides voting for Bojo or Trump.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 20:47 - Dec 19 with 1630 viewsdickythorpe

Bad driving in already difficult conditions is really beginning to irk me.
Login to get fewer ads

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 20:58 - Dec 19 with 1607 viewsjack2jack

Wouldn't surprise me if they extended the 50 mph speed limit to cover junction 45 to 47, it's a shocking stretch of motorway, notwithstanding some of the clowns that drive on it, without due care and attention.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:09 - Dec 19 with 1583 viewsmajorraglan

Here’s an article from Walesonline regarding another collision on the M4 on Monday, the Muldoon who owned this BMW was driving on “slicks”. In our weather, cars like this are a death trap and whoever was driving this car needs to be prosecuted for dangerous driving. He could have killed r seriously injured someone. The owner/driver may also find that if the insurance company find out about the bald tyres either via a claims assessor or the police they will refuse to pay out - that’s assuming the car has insurance.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:13 - Dec 19 with 1573 viewsCooperman

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 20:58 - Dec 19 by jack2jack

Wouldn't surprise me if they extended the 50 mph speed limit to cover junction 45 to 47, it's a shocking stretch of motorway, notwithstanding some of the clowns that drive on it, without due care and attention.

When I came home yesterday night (and this was gone 9pm) the central reservation signs were showing 50 as far West as J48.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:14 - Dec 19 with 1566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:13 - Dec 19 by Cooperman

When I came home yesterday night (and this was gone 9pm) the central reservation signs were showing 50 as far West as J48.

They have been for most of the past three days.

Poll: Tory leader

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:16 - Dec 19 with 1550 viewsCooperman

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:14 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

They have been for most of the past three days.

Is it weather related?

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:17 - Dec 19 with 1547 viewsjack2jack

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:13 - Dec 19 by Cooperman

And yet folk are clearly ignoring this,madness,especially this time of year, and the current weather conditions.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:18 - Dec 19 with 1544 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:16 - Dec 19 by Cooperman

Is it weather related?

I assume so. We’ve had a lot of rain leading to spray and standing water and the wind has been very strong at times. The main problem though with junctions 45-48 is that they’re too narrow at two lanes for the volume of traffic that uses it these days. Actually that’s a problem across most of the South Wales stretch of the M4.

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:20 - Dec 19 with 1532 viewsCooperman

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:18 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

I assume so. We’ve had a lot of rain leading to spray and standing water and the wind has been very strong at times. The main problem though with junctions 45-48 is that they’re too narrow at two lanes for the volume of traffic that uses it these days. Actually that’s a problem across most of the South Wales stretch of the M4.

A sign (pardon the pun) of things to come then.

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:21 - Dec 19 with 1526 viewsexiledclaseboy

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:20 - Dec 19 by Cooperman

A sign (pardon the pun) of things to come then.

Certainly isn’t going to get any better without some major infrastructure investment. And that ain’t gonna happen.

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:24 - Dec 19 with 1521 viewsCooperman

I was on the M4 on Monday night as well and hit what I believe to be a shredded lorry tyre that was in the middle of the middle lane. Visibility was poor, I was tired and I had no time to react with the net result being a smashed grill, cracked windscreen multiple broken bits of plastic trim. It’s treacherous out there at times.

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:25 - Dec 19 with 1514 viewsCooperman

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:21 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

Certainly isn’t going to get any better without some major infrastructure investment. And that ain’t gonna happen.

Afraid not. A very poor state of affairs.

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:34 - Dec 19 with 1481 viewsdickythorpe

So many ignore the speed signs and have no idea of the way the exasperated visibility problems for other drivers by creating more spray.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:40 - Dec 19 with 1470 viewsmajorraglan

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:21 - Dec 19 by exiledclaseboy

And when they do build a new bit of road, they put a 40 or 50 mph limit with a sprinkling of roundabouts on it which discourages people from using the thing. Grrr
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 22:33 - Dec 19 with 1348 viewsCatullus

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 21:17 - Dec 19 by jack2jack

And yet folk are clearly ignoring this,madness,especially this time of year, and the current weather conditions.

Cars driving too fast, so close together accidents aren't just possible but probable. Mind you at 16.40 yesterday heading home from Morriston Hospital the 50 signs were showing but we didn't get above 20 for most of it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 22:43 - Dec 19 with 1308 viewsjack2jack

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 22:33 - Dec 19 by Catullus

Cars driving too fast, so close together accidents aren't just possible but probable. Mind you at 16.40 yesterday heading home from Morriston Hospital the 50 signs were showing but we didn't get above 20 for most of it.

Indeed, should also clarify, when I said, can see them extending speed limit, I also meant average speed camera coverage. Something needs to be done.
Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 22:58 - Dec 19 with 1280 viewsCatullus

Junction 45 East Bound( Again) on 22:43 - Dec 19 by jack2jack

Indeed, should also clarify, when I said, can see them extending speed limit, I also meant average speed camera coverage. Something needs to be done.

We need more police and tougher punishments too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024