Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toots Thielemans 19:32 - Dec 22 with 2119 viewsjack2jack

Just spent the last hour listening to this man, absolute class, any PS aficianodos, see him live? ( Sadly passed away in 2012 I believe).
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 21:54]
Toots Thielsmans on 19:56 - Dec 22 with 2080 viewsThrasher6

I had the pleasure of seeing him upstairs in the Globe in Cardiff about 25 odd years ago. The Welsh Jazz Society had some terrific acts on then in the Globe - Peanuts Hucko, Gilberto Gil, Axel Zwingenberger and Toots to name but a few. Great days...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Toots Thielsmans on 20:03 - Dec 22 with 2066 viewsjack2jack

Toots Thielsmans on 19:56 - Dec 22 by Thrasher6

I had the pleasure of seeing him upstairs in the Globe in Cardiff about 25 odd years ago. The Welsh Jazz Society had some terrific acts on then in the Globe - Peanuts Hucko, Gilberto Gil, Axel Zwingenberger and Toots to name but a few. Great days...

Nice one Thrash. I only posted this as it came up as a random link on YouTube, and because myself and Mrs J2J are massive John Barry fans, so started listening to a few bits and bobs, absolutely superb.👍
Toots Thielsmans on 23:28 - Dec 22 with 1964 viewsWxmJax

I saw him in 1984 at this show when he came on for this one song and stood right in front of me. He guested several times at Billy concerts over the years. A tremendous musician.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 23:30]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Toots Thielsmans on 00:41 - Dec 23 with 1915 viewsThrasher6

Toots Thielsmans on 23:28 - Dec 22 by WxmJax

I saw him in 1984 at this show when he came on for this one song and stood right in front of me. He guested several times at Billy concerts over the years. A tremendous musician.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 23:30]

Great shout that. He died at 94 in 2016. I saw him in the early nineties...and really didn't know about this connection.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024