Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in the stands at The Liberty 11:52 - Dec 23 with 13338 viewsJackfath

I'd like to think the people of PS would stand up and be counted if they heard anyone spouting racist bile towards any players/supporters.

Let's make sure we stamp this out by telling those who decide to use football to spread their hate, we aren't tolerating it and they're not welcome. Get them kicked out/arrested.

Who's with me?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:03 - Dec 23 with 6189 viewsstevethejack

Me 100%.

I've called out a few people in the past. Either got a mouthful back or an apology.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:14 - Dec 23 with 6155 viewssainthelens

It's a vile problem alright.
But with our stewards constantly staring at us and looking to throw anyone out for literally having one foot in the aisle( especially where we are in the east stand) you'd hope /think they'd be all over it.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:29 - Dec 23 with 6135 viewsVincent_Vega

Stewards at football grounds are too preoccupied looking out for people standing up, either that or they don't give a fudge and are just there for extra coin.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:33 - Dec 23 with 6116 viewssainthelens

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:29 - Dec 23 by Vincent_Vega

Stewards at football grounds are too preoccupied looking out for people standing up, either that or they don't give a fudge and are just there for extra coin.

You can picture the scenario. You report someone for racial abuse, they confront you, stewards get involved not giving a fck who's to blame and you both get chucked out.
To ask fans to their job for them totally unrealistic.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:34 - Dec 23 with 6122 viewsjacabertawe

I am absolutely with you.
Bear in mind though, there are "fans" who would excuse racist comments as "just a bit of fun", "banter" etc.
I wonder if any of those morons post on PS?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:34 - Dec 23 with 6119 viewsNeath_Jack

We've stood in front of our seats since the day the stadium opened, and other than the first two seasons, the stewards aren't arsed about anyone standing. Further to that, my nephew and my mates daughter stand on their seats all through the games as well.

They just stand down on the concrete walkway doing what appears to be very little.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:54 - Dec 23 with 6069 viewsVincent_Vega

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 12:33 - Dec 23 by sainthelens

You can picture the scenario. You report someone for racial abuse, they confront you, stewards get involved not giving a fck who's to blame and you both get chucked out.
To ask fans to their job for them totally unrealistic.

Yep 100% plus why the f*ck should I do their job for them?

I remember reporting some Leeds Fans being in the home end last year, sweet Fanny Cradock was done about it and the attitude that came across was of 'I can't be ar*ed with this.'

Start treating football fans like regular human beings and get the proper training. Maybe then you'll find fans to be more 'helpful'

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:00 - Dec 23 with 6051 viewssg1912

I wonder why the authorities/news outlets turn a blind eye to the constant anti Welsh chants we hear every week.
Login to get fewer ads

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:07 - Dec 23 with 6031 viewsJackfath

Not sure why a thread about the massive racism problem has turned into a bashing the stewards thread. No wonder it goes on. It's everyone's responsibility to stamp it out.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:09 - Dec 23 with 6023 viewsshandyjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:00 - Dec 23 by sg1912

I wonder why the authorities/news outlets turn a blind eye to the constant anti Welsh chants we hear every week.

please tell me you are not trying to compare the two here.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:12 - Dec 23 with 6010 viewssainthelens

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:07 - Dec 23 by Jackfath

Not sure why a thread about the massive racism problem has turned into a bashing the stewards thread. No wonder it goes on. It's everyone's responsibility to stamp it out.

With the likelihood being you would confront the racist concerned? Yeah right, get real JF.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:13 - Dec 23 with 6009 viewslifelong

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:07 - Dec 23 by Jackfath

Not sure it’s a massive problem, but, nonetheless it needs stamping out, a few idiots can completely destroy a club’s reputation.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:39 - Dec 23 with 5875 viewsJackfath

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:12 - Dec 23 by sainthelens

With the likelihood being you would confront the racist concerned? Yeah right, get real JF.

Yes I would. Why not?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:41 - Dec 23 with 5867 viewsWhiterockin

When I was young racism was a part of everyday life. Slowly things improved and as a country we became more tolerant, rightly so IMO. Now racism is becoming more noticeable up and down the country and not limited to football grounds, it is becoming a national problem as well as European and not just in football.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:50 - Dec 23 with 5823 viewsDarran

There a certain times where people make racism worse.
One example I’ll give you is the edited video from the Tory party conference a few months ago where Johnson refused to shake hands with three black fellas.
It doesn’t help the fight at all in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:54 - Dec 23 with 5796 viewsHighjack

There’s a little shit by me in the ground who constantly shouts the most vile abuse at our own players. Several people have notified the stewards and they haven’t done anything.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:29 - Dec 23 with 5649 viewssg1912

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 13:09 - Dec 23 by shandyjack

please tell me you are not trying to compare the two here.

That’s the problem, how can some racism be deemed lesser?
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:41 - Dec 23 with 5591 viewscontroversial_jack

I can't remember the last time I heard any racist comments at a Swans match.It's a non issue at our club
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:45 - Dec 23 with 5569 viewsBadlands

I've given up reporting it.
Had a couple of run ins with gobsh**es in and just outside the ground.
The last time I made and carried through an official complain I was offered the chance to move my season ticket.
I would say I hear racist abuse at every home game with a few persistent abusers and a growing number who consider their comments funny.
There are kids growing up thinking this is normal.
As for the government doing anything, dream on.
When our PM wrote referred to people of the Congo as'flag-waving piccaninnies' and of Blair's visit wrote, 'No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and their tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down his big white British taxpayer-funded bird." what f***ing authority can the government carry?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:04 - Dec 23 with 5405 viewsHighjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:41 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

I can't remember the last time I heard any racist comments at a Swans match.It's a non issue at our club

I’ve heard it once this season. The kid by me called a player a “black c*nt”. Nearly everyone around told him to shut up but he just got aggressive and wanted to fight everyone. Stewards did nothing. He’s a very angry kid, if he was a bit older someone would have decked him by now. Connor Roberts has given abuse back a few times and Bidwell is called a “fat c*nt” every time he comes near.

Apart from this one odious individual I honestly haven’t heard any racism for years down there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:12 - Dec 23 with 5347 viewsswanforthemoney

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 14:41 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

Heard this season on numerous occasions:
Gypo Gypo Gypo
Same old English always cheatin
Engerland is full of sh1t
Always sh1t on the English side of the bridge

I stand in the North Stand

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:14 - Dec 23 with 5327 viewsHighjack

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:12 - Dec 23 by swanforthemoney

Gypo Gypo Gypo

England is full of shit though. I imagine that could be proved in court.

Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:15 - Dec 23 with 5324 viewsWhiterockin

Gypo Gypo Gypo

Not forgetting sheep shagging bastards, it goes both ways.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:24 - Dec 23 with 5248 viewsjack247

Gypo Gypo Gypo

I’m not for a second suggesting there are never any racist shouts at our games, but those particular chants are only considered racist by the professionally offended. Same goes for ‘sheepshaggers’ etc from the away fans.

I don’t think we have a problem with racist chants any more than any other club does. You do hear the vile stuff sometimes, but it’s always one dickhead or a small group of idiots. It’s never the ‘crowd’, unless you count ‘Always shit on the English side of the bridge’ etc.
Racism in the stands at The Liberty on 15:28 - Dec 23 with 5228 viewsAnotherJohn

I suppose I must have been sitting with my ear plugs in, but I honestly haven't heard any racist chants (as in directed towards non-White ethnic groups) at the Liberty for years. Anti-English chants are another matter. I personally think these need to be reigned in, and the same with the anti-Welsh slurs when we play away. Generally speaking, too many fans are all too ready to insult opposition players, often in graphic terms. They zero in on whatever characteristic they think is a point of weakness, and I imagine some racist slurs involve whatever swear word had already come to mind with 'black' or whatever added as an adjective.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024