Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hangover tips? 10:29 - Dec 26 with 3197 viewsHighjack

Heads banging. Feel like I’ve spent the night at Caroline flack’s house.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Hangover tips? on 14:30 - Dec 26 with 1535 viewsNeathJack

Drink heavily the day before.
Hangover tips? on 19:11 - Dec 26 with 1456 viewsepaul

Hangover tips? on 11:52 - Dec 26 by dickythorpe

A few pals of mine who were in the Navy used to swear by Irn Bru in the morning...... apparently there is a secret ingredient!!!!!
Sugar I think it may be!!!

My go too everytime, and I'm ex RN so it gas to be true

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Hangover tips? on 20:15 - Dec 26 with 1400 viewsDr_Winston

Glad to see orange juice get a good shout. It's a great place to start with a hangover. OJ and some greasy food.

For prevention, clear liquors lead to less hangovers than dark. So drink Bacardi rather than Jack Daniels.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hangover tips? on 00:15 - Dec 27 with 1318 viewsalltjack

I've been a heavy drinker for close on 40 years.Dont normally suffer,if I do it's because of a lie in.My advice,through experience,get up as soon as you open your eyes,go back to sleep and you go to heavy and it knackers you up
Hangover tips? on 06:46 - Dec 27 with 1260 viewsbuilthjack

Simple. Drink Guinness. You will never get a hangover.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hangover tips? on 09:45 - Dec 27 with 1197 viewsjedijack

Hangover tips? on 06:46 - Dec 27 by builthjack

This could be another reason I've not had a hangover in a while and hadn't even considered it :)

Stopped drinking lager around 4 years ago and started drinking only Guinness. The timing is probably right!
Hangover tips? on 10:09 - Dec 27 with 1177 viewsProfessor

So genuinely a hangover is a combination of dehydration and the effects of chemical by-products of fermentation called congeners. So, as previously mentioned alcohol is diuretic
And makes you micturate or pee more. (Urination is technically the whole process including removal of compounds like urea from the kidneys). This means hydration (water night before) or drinks in the morning are essential ( sugary drinks give a quick energy boost). The congeners are a different matter. Darker spirits like dark rum, fortified wines like port and cheaper beers brewed on industrial scales tend to have more- so most big commercial lagers
( including Stella) and keg bitters give whopping hangovers.

As for cures. Hydration and paracetamol are a good start. Greasy food is not a good idea. Fresh fruit and veg is. Supposedly stir- fried broccoli with chilli is the best thing-can’t say I have tried, but fruit and yoghurt works for me. In the end there is no single answer so go with what suits you,
Though fresh air always helps
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 10:16]
Hangover tips? on 10:11 - Dec 27 with 1175 viewsMrSwerve

Plenty of water before bed
Vitamin C tablet dissolved in a pint of water first thing, a glass of orange juice
Dioralyte if needed
A sugary tea

Bacon sarnie

Takes you up to lunch time, when of course a beer will help. Order takeaway. More water. Bed.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Hangover tips? on 11:12 - Dec 27 with 1131 viewsItchySphincter

Hangover tips? on 14:30 - Dec 26 by Banosswan

I once read that for every pint you drink, you urinate a pint and a half.

It is that simple. You pee more water than you take on board. Water, salt and a bit of sugar is the fix and it’s why so many will crave the greasy fry up and orange juice.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Hangover tips? on 11:55 - Dec 27 with 1111 viewscontroversial_jack

Hangover tips? on 11:12 - Dec 27 by ItchySphincter

It is that simple. You pee more water than you take on board. Water, salt and a bit of sugar is the fix and it’s why so many will crave the greasy fry up and orange juice.

If I get a real hangover, the last thing on my mind is food.
Hangover tips? on 12:13 - Dec 27 with 1100 viewsCooperman

One of my regular go to's is a large stack of Marmite on hot buttered toast accompanied by a sweet cup of tea.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hangover tips? on 12:23 - Dec 27 with 1095 viewsHighjack

Hangover tips? on 10:09 - Dec 27 by Professor

So genuinely a hangover is a combination of dehydration and the effects of chemical by-products of fermentation called congeners. So, as previously mentioned alcohol is diuretic
And makes you micturate or pee more. (Urination is technically the whole process including removal of compounds like urea from the kidneys). This means hydration (water night before) or drinks in the morning are essential ( sugary drinks give a quick energy boost). The congeners are a different matter. Darker spirits like dark rum, fortified wines like port and cheaper beers brewed on industrial scales tend to have more- so most big commercial lagers

As for cures. Hydration and paracetamol are a good start. Greasy food is not a good idea. Fresh fruit and veg is. Supposedly stir- fried broccoli with chilli is the best thing-can’t say I have tried, but fruit and yoghurt works for me. In the end there is no single answer so go with what suits you,

I have another question. You know in lord of the rings where Frodo’s wound always hurts years after on the anniversary of him getting stabbed with a morgul blade on weathertop by the witch king of Angmar?

Well can that happen in real life because I’ve also got a really sore arse?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hangover tips? on 12:43 - Dec 27 with 1076 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hangover tips? on 12:23 - Dec 27 by Highjack

I have another question. You know in lord of the rings where Frodo’s wound always hurts years after on the anniversary of him getting stabbed with a morgul blade on weathertop by the witch king of Angmar?

Well can that happen in real life because I’ve also got a really sore arse?

Which begs the question what happened to your arse on December 27th in the past?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hangover tips? on 13:42 - Dec 27 with 1047 viewsProfessor

Hangover tips? on 12:43 - Dec 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Which begs the question what happened to your arse on December 27th in the past?

Stabbed by a RINGwraith with a sword or dagger?
Hangover tips? on 14:17 - Dec 27 with 1030 viewsHighjack

Hangover tips? on 12:43 - Dec 27 by Joe_bradshaw

I got impaled on a spiked fence whilst attempting a shortcut home. It’s never been the same since.

Hangover tips? on 15:36 - Dec 27 with 981 viewsjedijack

Hangover tips? on 14:17 - Dec 27 by Highjack

I got impaled on a spiked fence whilst attempting a shortcut home. It’s never been the same since.

Wasn't that Christmas eve?
Hangover tips? on 16:43 - Dec 27 with 945 viewscontroversial_jack

Hangover tips? on 10:09 - Dec 27 by Professor

If that was the case, a pint of water in the morning would hydrate you and put you right, but it doesn't. If someone had come up with a foolproof cure then we would certainly have known about it by now.There is no cure except time
Hangover tips? on 16:46 - Dec 27 with 942 viewssainthelens

If yer out on a mission, a glass o water after every pint or 2 will stop any hangover. Has always worked for me.
Hangover tips? on 17:15 - Dec 27 with 917 viewsjack247

Hangover tips? on 14:13 - Dec 26 by controversial_jack

No it's not, it's myth. Rehydration isn't the problem, we don't dehydrated when we drink alcohol

The NHS disagree

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-support/hangover-cures/
Hangover tips? on 17:22 - Dec 27 with 915 viewsHumpty

Hangover tips? on 14:30 - Dec 26 by NeathJack

Drink heavily the day before.

Thanks Mike.
Hangover tips? on 19:01 - Dec 27 with 850 viewsbuilthjack

Hangover tips? on 06:46 - Dec 27 by builthjack

If you need training in drinking Guinness, Let me know.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hangover tips? on 20:58 - Dec 27 with 809 viewscontroversial_jack

Hangover tips? on 17:15 - Dec 27 by jack247

The NHS disagree

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-support/hangover-cures/

The headline says it all. "Hangover cures, "there is no cure
Hangover tips? on 21:08 - Dec 27 with 802 viewsBanosswan

Hangover tips? on 16:43 - Dec 27 by controversial_jack

If that was the case, a pint of water in the morning would hydrate you and put you right, but it doesn't. If someone had come up with a foolproof cure then we would certainly have known about it by now.There is no cure except time

The problem is once you're dehydrated, it's practically impossible to rehydrate yourself quickly.

Dogs for instance, drink even when not dehydrated as they have much better thirst receptors.

Glass of water every pint or two as mentioned, berocca in the morning. Some alcoholics swear by dioralyte before bed.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Hangover tips? on 21:27 - Dec 27 with 774 viewsjack247

Hangover tips? on 20:58 - Dec 27 by controversial_jack

The headline says it all. "Hangover cures, "there is no cure

Did you read the article?

It says exactly that. It also says that many of the symptoms of a hangover are caused by dehydration and the best thing to do is rehydrate. Not sure where you got ‘we don’t (get) dehydrated when we drink alcohol’ from, it’s bollocks.
Hangover tips? on 08:54 - Dec 28 with 681 viewsProfessor

Hangover tips? on 16:43 - Dec 27 by controversial_jack

It’s only half the story. The congeners take time to be metabolised and it is these that tend to give the headache. Drinking a pint - it won’t all be absorbed which is why the isotonics like diaoralyte help as better take up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024