Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford 17:10 - Dec 26 with 2798 views34dfgdf54

Wouldn’t want to be playing them in the play offs.... especially not at Wembley. Remind me of us the year we went up.
Brentford on 17:12 - Dec 26 with 2782 viewsmonmouth

I would! Because unless we get a significant performance uplift we are going to be nowhere near the bloody play offs. I would take that now all day every day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brentford on 17:14 - Dec 26 with 2765 viewsOldjack

Unless we get some strength in come January ,[highly unlikely ]you can forget the playoffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Brentford on 17:15 - Dec 26 with 2756 viewsCooperman

They are a good club that has been on an upward trajectory for quite a while.

Try to play it ‘their way’, don’t throw cash around, punching above their weight, new ground on the way.

Very much shades of us a decade or so back.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Brentford on 17:25 - Dec 26 with 2676 views34dfgdf54

Brentford on 17:15 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

Try to play it ‘their way’, don’t throw cash around, punching above their weight, new ground on the way.

They reinvest the cash they make off transfers in fairness and look to have a cracking scouting team. Spent £30m in the summer but sold £36m worth.
Brentford on 17:33 - Dec 26 with 2625 viewsFireboy2

Brentford on 17:25 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

They reinvest the cash they make off transfers in fairness and look to have a cracking scouting team. Spent £30m in the summer but sold £36m worth.

Wonder why our owners havent invested in our squad 🤔

And before the apologists reply there has been a lot more money come in than has gone out to pay for transfers and wages etc.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 17:36]
Brentford on 17:34 - Dec 26 with 2618 viewsicecoldjack

Great footballing team, Cooper needs to pull the videos from last season and have a look at how potter took them apart .

Football is what we want and need to have at Swansea, Brentford are looking great, good luck to them, it can be done on a budget, we have proved this before.

Cooper IMO has managed to dismantle some fantastic ground work laid by potter, and as the season goes on we seem to move further away from it.

Playing well in patches is in spite of Cooper not because of him. Loved to be proved wrong.
Brentford on 17:53 - Dec 26 with 2548 viewsjojaca

Our football from entertainment point of view is about 2 or 3/10 for me, I have ended up losing interest in a games early doors. We are close to play offs and I've lost the buzz of watching our games, I used to get nervous for our games. But now I am just resigned to watching slow tempo boring football.

Even when you know, you never know?

Brentford on 21:04 - Dec 26 with 2296 viewsmajorraglan

Brentford on 17:25 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

Having a good scouting network which starts with the kids, goes up through the age groups and academy and into the first team squad is essential. There were times in the past when the Swans had this at some levels, but it fell away and some of the big ticket signings in the latter years were very poor.

London is a huge city where there are plenty of players trying to make it, lots getting discarded and a good scout with an eye for a player could be a great asset for a team like Brentford. They certainly seem to be on an upward trajectory. It’s not all about stats, but the below article is an interesting read

https://footballbh.net/2019/05/28/brentford-championship-tactical-analysis-stati
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford on 21:37 - Dec 26 with 2208 viewsBillyChong

Brentford on 17:15 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

They certainly spend quite a bit of money - £30m last summer - but seem to spend well and reinvest from player sales.
Brentford on 22:04 - Dec 26 with 2134 views34dfgdf54

Brentford on 21:04 - Dec 26 by majorraglan

Having a good scouting network which starts with the kids, goes up through the age groups and academy and into the first team squad is essential. There were times in the past when the Swans had this at some levels, but it fell away and some of the big ticket signings in the latter years were very poor.

London is a huge city where there are plenty of players trying to make it, lots getting discarded and a good scout with an eye for a player could be a great asset for a team like Brentford. They certainly seem to be on an upward trajectory. It’s not all about stats, but the below article is an interesting read

https://footballbh.net/2019/05/28/brentford-championship-tactical-analysis-stati

Not sure about that our kids/academy have done as well as anyone’s since relegation. The difference between both clubs for me is a percentage of money being reinvested into first team signings and scouting team. This years signings haven’t made any impact whatsoever really, it’s hard to think of one that is has improved the first team significantly.
Brentford on 23:34 - Dec 26 with 2017 viewsChief

Brentford on 21:37 - Dec 26 by BillyChong

They certainly spend quite a bit of money - £30m last summer - but seem to spend well and reinvest from player sales.

We need scouts.

Brentford spent 30mill?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Brentford on 02:03 - Dec 27 with 1912 viewsTimTtam

They've got good players and a good playing style. I totally agree with Risca that they give a vibe of us in our promotion season. I think they would have a decent chance to stay up if they do get promoted.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Brentford on 08:06 - Dec 27 with 1798 viewssplJack

We have plenty of potential to improve in the second half of the season, especially with a couple of astute loan signings.

We could be the team that hits the play offs running, as we did in 2011, then it wll be bring on Brentford or whoever. Still all to play for.
Brentford on 09:02 - Dec 27 with 1725 viewsCaptain_Sham

Us in the playoffs?

Its just a ride.

Brentford on 09:46 - Dec 27 with 1652 views34dfgdf54

Brentford on 09:02 - Dec 27 by Captain_Sham

Us in the playoffs?

Sounds crazy I know, because we are absolutely sh*te in my humble opinion, but the league is that bad there is a genuine chance for us.

Centre midfielder and Striker in on loan and we could get ourselves over the line.
Brentford on 09:51 - Dec 27 with 1640 viewstaffpunk

Brentford on 09:46 - Dec 27 by 34dfgdf54

Sounds crazy I know, because we are absolutely sh*te in my humble opinion, but the league is that bad there is a genuine chance for us.

Centre midfielder and Striker in on loan and we could get ourselves over the line.

It's a dreadful division, watched some of your game in the Pub yesterday, Brentford looked decent. Both yourselves and us look like mid-table teams, and in previous Championship seasons Cardiff could even be in a relegation battle.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Brentford on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 1632 viewsglobus10

Good side Brentford, so far the best team that has been down liberty this season. However as good as they were yesterday, when we went at them for about 30 mins in the 2nd half they did start to get a bit shaky and make mistakes. I would just like to say the sky team yesterday sickened me. Very biased with their comments . It could have been the red wine i was drinking or was it a London thing, but omg you would think we were playing Spurs or Arsenal. Just an observation.
Brentford on 10:16 - Dec 27 with 1580 viewsNeath_Jack

Brentford are not trying to service a massive premier league hangover debt. They can afford to reinvest most of what they receive in transfer fees, we can't.

Our purchases in the summer haven't been much cop, that's another massive problem.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Brentford on 10:35 - Dec 27 with 1536 viewsJacket

I wouldn't worry about it too much pal, we'll miss out on the playoffs any way unless things change drastically. Even if we're there or there abouts towards the end of the season, we'll drop out in the last few weeks as we won't have the fight or consistency when everyone starts fighting tooth and nail to secure a play-off place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024