Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 17:07 - Dec 29 with 6773 views34dfgdf54

He has completely lost the dressing room.

As I said in another thread, we are stuck with him as we won’t be able to afford a pay off, this is worrying times despite where we are in the league at the moment.

To not use all of your subs at home when your chasing a goal, especially when you have a £14m striker on the bench, did someone refuse to come on? I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.
Cooper on 17:09 - Dec 29 with 3255 viewsDrGonzo

You can't defend not bringing on Borja at home at nil nil. The Byers subsitstion. Playing Celina on the wing again. A total lack of balls.
Cooper on 17:12 - Dec 29 with 3221 viewsScotia

It goes further than the dressing room, he's not popular at all even the ground staff can't stand him.
Cooper on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 3165 viewsunion_jack

Cooper on 17:12 - Dec 29 by Scotia

It goes further than the dressing room, he's not popular at all even the ground staff can't stand him.

Fact or rumour? There’s a world of difference.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cooper on 17:24 - Dec 29 with 3076 viewsLandore_Jack

He needs to go. The Swansea way has been eroded. He's undone all the good work by Potter.

#backtojack

Cooper on 17:25 - Dec 29 with 3043 viewsHighjack

Cooper on 17:24 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

He needs to go. The Swansea way has been eroded. He's undone all the good work by Potter.

That went years ago.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cooper on 17:29 - Dec 29 with 2981 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cooper on 17:24 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

Garry Monk saw to that within his first few weeks in charge.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cooper on 17:32 - Dec 29 with 2948 viewsOneill_77

Dont think Ayew has lost the faith.

Warrior, leader showing the way. Has to be the main man, literally central to all things - on the pitch, and possibly off-pitch.

Play him central and give him a central role (tbd)
Cooper on 17:37 - Dec 29 with 2895 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper on 17:32 - Dec 29 by Oneill_77

Dont think Ayew has lost the faith.

Warrior, leader showing the way. Has to be the main man, literally central to all things - on the pitch, and possibly off-pitch.

Play him central and give him a central role (tbd)

Make him Player-Manager.

I've cut Cooper a lot of slack given the midfield he's got to work with but patience is wearing thin. The obvious lack of any kind of drilling (throw in movement, short passing moves, triangles) that should be visible even if the players aren't up to it. The generally predictable substitutions (although I didn't see Routledge coming on as a targetman, that was different). The cowardly way he sets the team up when he's got genuine, attacking wingers available but mostly ignores them.

I'll give him this window to see what shakes loose, but we need to see vast improvements.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 17:41 - Dec 29 with 2850 viewssainthelens

With Ayew below par today, it just shows we are literally hanging by a thread. I'm the eternal optimist, but we are looking bang average. Thank fck this is a pss poor league. Baston is clearly leaving, but what a fckn state of affairs to pay him 30/40 k a week....and not play him just to keep him injury free so he can leave !
Cooper on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 2757 viewswestside

It"s awful football and we have never played a decent game under him.
Cooper on 17:52 - Dec 29 with 2713 viewsOneill_77

Cooper on 17:37 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

Make him Player-Manager.

I've cut Cooper a lot of slack given the midfield he's got to work with but patience is wearing thin. The obvious lack of any kind of drilling (throw in movement, short passing moves, triangles) that should be visible even if the players aren't up to it. The generally predictable substitutions (although I didn't see Routledge coming on as a targetman, that was different). The cowardly way he sets the team up when he's got genuine, attacking wingers available but mostly ignores them.

I'll give him this window to see what shakes loose, but we need to see vast improvements.

Indeed (was my point, if it were possible).

Cooper's laissez faire style is becoming more and more of a hindrance.

Our overall lack of Ayew-ness is a massive weakness. Playing, managing, captaining and leading by example would lift the likes of Grimes to the level they are capable of.
Cooper on 17:53 - Dec 29 with 2705 viewsGlastonbury

To bring routledge on upfront instead of Baston is just ridiculous. Guy is clueless
Cooper on 17:55 - Dec 29 with 2679 viewsSwansea93

Cooper on 17:53 - Dec 29 by Glastonbury

To bring routledge on upfront instead of Baston is just ridiculous. Guy is clueless

He was going to bring on McKay before Borja also...

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper on 17:56 - Dec 29 with 2661 viewsjackrabbit

Cooper on 17:37 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

Make him Player-Manager.

‘ Make him Player-Manager’

Spot on! Desperate measure for desperate times. If Cooper did go, who else could we attract? Any potential manager would look at the current financial state of the club - disinterested owners, little or no funds for new players, declining on-field performances, a sense of best days behind us - and run a mile. Ayew has the necessary respect and authority required for the job, by dint of the fact that he is our most talented and best player. It would also help justify his huge salary! Perhaps we have another Roberto in the making.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:00]
Cooper on 17:57 - Dec 29 with 2651 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cooper on 17:53 - Dec 29 by Glastonbury

Why is Baston on the bench?

He’s obviously off back to Spain and we don’t want him injured so let him go home now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper on 17:57 - Dec 29 with 2648 viewsjack247

If we had proper owners, his job would be under threat by now. That said, if we had proper owners, he’d be able to select a functioning midfield.

He doesn’t bring any invention and we are utterly predictable. I don’t think Leon, Curtis, Tate or whoever would do a much worse job and they may just fire the players up a bit. If it looked like he was improving individuals or doing anything tactically, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, but it’s just hope for the best football every week.

Someone (Badlands?) said he reminded them of Bob Bradley a few weeks ago and I laughed at them. Whoever that was, I apologise.
Cooper on 17:59 - Dec 29 with 2629 viewsCopaMundial

Absolutely clueless, massive difference between winning a youth tournament and managing a forty six game season in the Championship.

We’re going backwards at a rate of knots, no discernible style of play and a complete lack of tempo in our performances, we were very fortunate to pick up those early season victories otherwise we’d be three points off relegation not a few points from the play offs.

The midfield is woeful and have been bossed by just about every side we’ve played this season, the fact that our only convincing midfield performance came against Cardiff tells you everything about this group of players, along with the manager they are simply not good enough.
Cooper on 18:01 - Dec 29 with 2593 viewscmajack

When he took carroll off why didn't he put Routledge on the wing and celina in his favourite 10 position. Like watching paint dry over there today . When did tom carroll last influence a game , Liverpool away probably and the midfield with fulton and grimes in it is hardly putting the fear into any opposition.
Cooper on 18:08 - Dec 29 with 2519 viewsScotia

Cooper on 17:17 - Dec 29 by union_jack

Fact or rumour? There’s a world of difference.

I'm not going to pretend I'm some sort of insider, I'm not. I know a member of staff who told me some time ago, and I believe them.
Cooper on 18:09 - Dec 29 with 2513 viewsCatullus

Cooper on 17:59 - Dec 29 by CopaMundial

Absolutely clueless, massive difference between winning a youth tournament and managing a forty six game season in the Championship.

We’re going backwards at a rate of knots, no discernible style of play and a complete lack of tempo in our performances, we were very fortunate to pick up those early season victories otherwise we’d be three points off relegation not a few points from the play offs.

The midfield is woeful and have been bossed by just about every side we’ve played this season, the fact that our only convincing midfield performance came against Cardiff tells you everything about this group of players, along with the manager they are simply not good enough.

I'd call us apathetic. Hardly anyone seemed to care that much, not enough to put extra effort in anyhow.

Cooper may well be good with kids but he's failing badly with the seniors. The fact he sticks square pegs in round holes to shoehorn players into a formation he likes really irritates. Why not play our wingers as wingers? Rhen he puts a winger on as a striker but leaves the striker on the bench. If he won't play Baston then why waste a subs spot on him?

He hasn't got the imagination to change the formation, or maybe he's just scared but it's ruining us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cooper on 18:09 - Dec 29 with 2503 viewsswanforthemoney

Cooper on 17:49 - Dec 29 by westside

It"s awful football and we have never played a decent game under him.

Agreed. It’s worse than that though, each game we are going backwards. Couldn’t even get the basics right today.
I can’t remember a game at the Liberty where we’ve shown so little craft.
Embarrassing. A shambles.

I stand in the North Stand

Cooper on 18:14 - Dec 29 with 2451 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper on 17:57 - Dec 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Why is Baston on the bench?

He’s obviously off back to Spain and we don’t want him injured so let him go home now.

Fair point. I can understand not wanting to risking an injury if he’s going, but if you’re not going to or can’t play someone don’t pick them for the bench. Cooper could have picked a youngster or another squad player who would have been available and benefitted from some experience of being around the first team.
Cooper on 18:15 - Dec 29 with 2430 viewsCopaMundial

Cooper is not quite in the Cullis mould but he’s certainly getting there, how much longer before Ayew gives the half time tactical team talk like Penney did at Blackpool.
Cooper on 18:16 - Dec 29 with 2414 viewsOneill_77

Cooper on 18:08 - Dec 29 by Scotia

I'm not going to pretend I'm some sort of insider, I'm not. I know a member of staff who told me some time ago, and I believe them.

That member, must be some dick believe me.
Cooper on 18:28 - Dec 29 with 2312 viewsDewi1jack

Cooper on 18:09 - Dec 29 by swanforthemoney

Agreed. It’s worse than that though, each game we are going backwards. Couldn’t even get the basics right today.
I can’t remember a game at the Liberty where we’ve shown so little craft.
Embarrassing. A shambles.

64% pass completion.
Offside at our corner.
Hospital passing at times.
Little off the ball movement.

Training ground flooded is it?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024