Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here 19:22 - Dec 29 with 22588 viewsDarran

Are you aware of the intricate details of what Birch said about the academy today (below) and were aware of what he was going to say about the academy in today’s matchday programme?

A lot has been mentioned on forums and social media about the future direction of our Academy. As I have stated previously, we continue to keep all aspects of our operations, not just the Academy, under review as we adapt to the restrictive financial life outside the Premier League. Once we have the transfer window out of the way I will provide supporters with a further update.

My aim is to remain open, honest and regular in my communications to supporters, whether it’s good or not so good news. But we need to get through January and complete ongoing reviews first, before I can properly update you. So please bear with me a little longer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:25 - Dec 29 with 12832 viewsSwanjaxs

Trev will have to let the board members out of his pocket before they can comment apparently...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:35 - Dec 29 with 12775 viewsDr_Winston

Not sure what the big deal is. Category One academies cost a minimum of £2.5m a year to run. As our income sdecreases, the clubs ability to fund that, especially considering our ongoing financial commitments, remains in the balance.

Birch is saying basically all he can say, which is we'll see where we are after the window closes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:44 - Dec 29 with 12734 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:35 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

Not sure what the big deal is. Category One academies cost a minimum of £2.5m a year to run. As our income sdecreases, the clubs ability to fund that, especially considering our ongoing financial commitments, remains in the balance.

Birch is saying basically all he can say, which is we'll see where we are after the window closes.

That’s all well and dandy my friend but it doesn’t answer my question.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:48 - Dec 29 with 12713 viewslonglostjack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:35 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

It’s always so much easier to identify the cost of something on a spreadsheet. The potential costs of NOT having a Category 1 Academy are more difficult to quantify but I’d hazard a guess and say they outweigh any cost savings in the long term. Our U.S “investors” certainly don’t think long term though and are clueless when it comes to the soccer business.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:12 - Dec 29 with 12653 viewsexiledclaseboy

Speaking only for myself, I’m not aware of the intricate details and wasn’t aware of what he was going to say in his programme notes. Not that he needs to clear his programme notes with me of course.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 12632 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:12 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Speaking only for myself, I’m not aware of the intricate details and wasn’t aware of what he was going to say in his programme notes. Not that he needs to clear his programme notes with me of course.

I see.
I wonder if anyone else knows because I’m still not getting this Trust in the Directors Box thing,it’s achieved fućk all so far and is unlikely to achieve anything in the future and seeing its now been hundreds of games that has achieved fuçk all it should stop.
Unless people are enjoying the freebies of course.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:18 - Dec 29 with 12625 viewsDr_Winston

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:48 - Dec 29 by longlostjack

It’s always so much easier to identify the cost of something on a spreadsheet. The potential costs of NOT having a Category 1 Academy are more difficult to quantify but I’d hazard a guess and say they outweigh any cost savings in the long term. Our U.S “investors” certainly don’t think long term though and are clueless when it comes to the soccer business.

They could also turn around and point out that we developed Joe Allen and Ben Davies without one.

I get what you're saying, and in an ideal world the Academy would be ring fenced. From what I gather, that's also Birch's preference, but we can't always get what we want.

Our income is dropping rapidly, and our financial commitments are still substantial. Birch wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't keep all his options on the table, no matter how unpalatable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:19 - Dec 29 with 12615 viewsbuilthjack

Produce 1 player a year and it more than pays for itself.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:21 - Dec 29 with 12605 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:16 - Dec 29 by Darran

I see.
I wonder if anyone else knows because I’m still not getting this Trust in the Directors Box thing,it’s achieved fućk all so far and is unlikely to achieve anything in the future and seeing its now been hundreds of games that has achieved fuçk all it should stop.
Unless people are enjoying the freebies of course.

I’d rather chew off my toe nails than go anywhere near the directors’ box. It’s enough of a chore watching us from the east at the moment.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:28]

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:24 - Dec 29 with 12591 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:21 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

I’d rather chew off my toe nails than go anywhere near the directors’ box. It’s enough of a chore watching us from the east at the moment.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:28]

Well yes it’s the same people in there representing the Trust all the time and you aren’t one of them,well I haven’t noticed you anyway though you are a bit short.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 12563 viewsmonmouth

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:24 - Dec 29 by Darran

Well yes it’s the same people in there representing the Trust all the time and you aren’t one of them,well I haven’t noticed you anyway though you are a bit short.

Name names Daz, then we can burn the ones with their noses in the trough at the next election. Especially unnecessary now with legal action supposedly pending.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 12542 viewsBillyChong

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:30 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Name names Daz, then we can burn the ones with their noses in the trough at the next election. Especially unnecessary now with legal action supposedly pending.

Do they spend the entire duration of their time in the box in Birch’s ear asking questions e.g. about access to the detailed accounts? If not there’s no need for them to be in there.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 12537 viewslonglostjack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:30 - Dec 29 by monmouth

This.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:37 - Dec 29 with 12530 viewsexiledclaseboy

Before this gets out of hand and we start burning people at the stake it’s worth pointing out that the trust board took a decision sometime ago that we should continue to be represented in the box and that representation should be limited to the elected officers of the board. That is:

Chair, supporter director, vice chair, and associate director. Plus a guest where unavoidable.

It wasn’t a decision I agreed with but it was a decision taken by a majority of the board.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:38 - Dec 29 with 12529 viewsDarran

I’m not going to name them but Stuart is in there just about every game with others.
I’ve said about it for the last few years,other than a nice day out for individuals what are they gaining from it?

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:38 - Dec 29 with 12529 viewsmonmouth

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:36 - Dec 29 by BillyChong

Do they spend the entire duration of their time in the box in Birch’s ear asking questions e.g. about access to the detailed accounts? If not there’s no need for them to be in there.

I’ll take an uninformed punt if you will...

😆

I think we know the answer.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 12491 viewsmonmouth

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:37 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Before this gets out of hand and we start burning people at the stake it’s worth pointing out that the trust board took a decision sometime ago that we should continue to be represented in the box and that representation should be limited to the elected officers of the board. That is:

Chair, supporter director, vice chair, and associate director. Plus a guest where unavoidable.

It wasn’t a decision I agreed with but it was a decision taken by a majority of the board.

Nah, burn them.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:46 - Dec 29 with 12482 viewsmonmouth

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:38 - Dec 29 by Darran

I’m not going to name them but Stuart is in there just about every game with others.
I’ve said about it for the last few years,other than a nice day out for individuals what are they gaining from it?

‘I’m not going to name them, but Stuart...’

I love you Dazzler.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 12464 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:37 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

It’s wrong and needs to stop.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 12459 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:46 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I love you Dazzler.

We know about him mun.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 12453 viewsPhil_S

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:46 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I love you Dazzler.

I knew what he had written in the programme the minute I read it on the OS

I watched today from the South East corner of the ground wish I had stayed in the pub 😂
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:51 - Dec 29 with 12440 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:49 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

I knew what he had written in the programme the minute I read it on the OS

I watched today from the South East corner of the ground wish I had stayed in the pub 😂

What is being gained out of it Phil?

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 21:09 - Dec 29 with 12379 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:18 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

They could also turn around and point out that we developed Joe Allen and Ben Davies without one.

I get what you're saying, and in an ideal world the Academy would be ring fenced. From what I gather, that's also Birch's preference, but we can't always get what we want.

Our income is dropping rapidly, and our financial commitments are still substantial. Birch wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't keep all his options on the table, no matter how unpalatable.

Yes, nor forgetting Jazz and Macca.
Plus Roberts was already into youth when we hit the Prem.

We wont be able pull in ‘body snatchers’ like James and Oli from elsewhere anymore.
And in truth ...for every James there are 10 kenji’s , and for every Oli there are 10 Rory’s.

I would love the club to produce one local player per year.
Every cloud.... the gap between Ben and Roberts was about 7 years.
Not good enough.

Beware of the Risen People

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 21:27 - Dec 29 with 12307 viewsHighjack

Wouldn’t the club be worth more to prospective buyers if it’s got a top class academy regularly bringing through players worth £15 million+?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 22:14 - Dec 29 with 12242 viewsPhil_S

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:51 - Dec 29 by Darran

What is being gained out of it Phil?

Being gained out of what? Presence in the directors box?

My vote went the same as Cudeys on attendance although as a director of the football club then Stuart should be there imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024