Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here 19:22 - Dec 29 with 21828 viewsDarran

Are you aware of the intricate details of what Birch said about the academy today (below) and were aware of what he was going to say about the academy in today’s matchday programme?

A lot has been mentioned on forums and social media about the future direction of our Academy. As I have stated previously, we continue to keep all aspects of our operations, not just the Academy, under review as we adapt to the restrictive financial life outside the Premier League. Once we have the transfer window out of the way I will provide supporters with a further update.

My aim is to remain open, honest and regular in my communications to supporters, whether it’s good or not so good news. But we need to get through January and complete ongoing reviews first, before I can properly update you. So please bear with me a little longer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:13 - Jan 1 with 1259 viewsNookiejack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:06 - Jan 1 by waynekerr55

Let's not be disingenuous here. 1 year to 15 months was spent negotiating in good faith and an agreement was reached, which the Americans subsequently reneged on.

Litigation isn't simple as go to court. Has it taken too long - yes. But wouldn't you rather the Trust followed the process to the letter and got it right rather than rushing in?

Should have taken out an immediate injunction in july 16 - as I am sure Martin Morgan and Brain Katzen would have done - if they had been excluded from the sale.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:18 - Jan 1 with 1240 viewsDr_Winston

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:13 - Jan 1 by Nookiejack

Should have taken out an immediate injunction in july 16 - as I am sure Martin Morgan and Brain Katzen would have done - if they had been excluded from the sale.

Martin Morgan and Brian Katzen are individuals who can make their own choices, not shareholders organisations bound to consult members before taking decisive action.

Obvious I'd have thought.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:21 - Jan 1 with 1235 viewsSwanjaxs

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:18 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

Martin Morgan and Brian Katzen are individuals who can make their own choices, not shareholders organisations bound to consult members before taking decisive action.

Obvious I'd have thought.

The trust could have called an EGM i suppose...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:21 - Jan 1 with 1234 viewsDarran

I still don’t understand what the Trust gains from being in the Directors Box and it needs to stop immediately.
Stuart virtually sits on Dineens lap where they sit in the box and after today’s interview he shouldn’t be anywhere near him.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 1201 viewsNookiejack

In respect-of the current value of the Trusts's shares l- they ook to be under pressure.

Transfermarket are reporting current contract expiry positions:-

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/kader/verein/2288/saison_id/2019

2022 - Grimes, Byers, Roberts, Rodon, Celina, Bidwell and Peterson.

2021 - Ayew, Fulton, John, Mckay

2020 - VDH, Naughton, Carroll, Mulder, Nordfelt, Dyer, Routledge and Baston.

nO goalkeepers are in contract at the end of the season. Don't know if the U23s keeper is any good?

You would think VDH and Naughton will stay until the end of the season as then can go on free Bosman's. VDH will pick up a lucrative deal.

When it comes to Ayew the Yanks are probably going to sell him this transfer window - otherwise he is then into the last year of his contract and presumably he will then go on a Bosman - so Yanks will receive no value for him or say circa minimal £2m value like his brother.

Ander Ayew has been performing very well for us - so this is the time Yanks will receive maximum value for him.

Doesn't inspire much confidence going forward into next season with only - Grimes, Byers, Roberts, Rodon, Celina, Bidwell, Peterson.Fulton, John and Mckay.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:41 - Jan 1 with 1186 viewsNookiejack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:21 - Jan 1 by Swanjaxs

The trust could have called an EGM i suppose...

Yep

We are where we are

Given this has been kicked into the long grass - probably to do with Trust Board not getting insurance to fight the court case or something similar.

Expect an announcement over next six months that because they cant's get insurance or something similar - that they are not going to take legal action. They had never intention of ever taking this to court.

They have blown £20m which could have protected the club for the next thirty years.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 1173 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:41 - Jan 1 by Nookiejack

Yep

We are where we are

Given this has been kicked into the long grass - probably to do with Trust Board not getting insurance to fight the court case or something similar.

Expect an announcement over next six months that because they cant's get insurance or something similar - that they are not going to take legal action. They had never intention of ever taking this to court.

They have blown £20m which could have protected the club for the next thirty years.

There’s a lot of false assertions in there, Nookie. Got any evidence to back them up?

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:55 - Jan 1 with 1161 viewsGaryjack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:49 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

There’s a lot of false assertions in there, Nookie. Got any evidence to back them up?

It'll be a first if he has!
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:27 - Jan 1 with 1115 viewsPhil_S

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:21 - Jan 1 by Darran

I still don’t understand what the Trust gains from being in the Directors Box and it needs to stop immediately.
Stuart virtually sits on Dineens lap where they sit in the box and after today’s interview he shouldn’t be anywhere near him.

Makes sense to remove the director of the football club and leave in there a former director and shareholder and his family

It is your view, you don't want to see what can be gained (and this is from someone who told you I voted to remove our presence) but Stuart should be there as a director of the football club

And to say he sits on Dineens lap is nothing more than a piss poor statement
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 1104 viewsPhil_S

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 18:49 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

I hope he has as he could have saved me many hours of time over the past few months let alone the past few years

if only it was as simple to say that we wanted to be involved in the sale (if the terms were right) - if only we had done just that

I am told by people that know him that Nookie is a very well learned and intelligent person yet single handedly he has created many of the myths on here about the success of legal action
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:41 - Jan 1 with 1073 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:27 - Jan 1 by Phil_S

Makes sense to remove the director of the football club and leave in there a former director and shareholder and his family

It is your view, you don't want to see what can be gained (and this is from someone who told you I voted to remove our presence) but Stuart should be there as a director of the football club

And to say he sits on Dineens lap is nothing more than a piss poor statement

I said virtually Philip which is 100% true. They sit very near each other and are obviously in the boardroom before,during and after the game. I’ve no doubt they exchange pleasantries.

By all accounts Dineen owns a box and season tickets so I've no idea why he and his guests still sit in the directors box,it’s completely wrong and the football club should put a stop to it.
Birch likes to think he’s in touch with the fans but he clearly isn’t or it would have stopped by now because I know it angers a lot of fans immensely.
Stuart could stop tomorrow though and as someone who’s always supported the Trust and been a member since that famous night in the Patti Pavilion I think he should.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:04 - Jan 1 with 1033 viewsCooperman

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:41 - Jan 1 by Darran

I said virtually Philip which is 100% true. They sit very near each other and are obviously in the boardroom before,during and after the game. I’ve no doubt they exchange pleasantries.

By all accounts Dineen owns a box and season tickets so I've no idea why he and his guests still sit in the directors box,it’s completely wrong and the football club should put a stop to it.
Birch likes to think he’s in touch with the fans but he clearly isn’t or it would have stopped by now because I know it angers a lot of fans immensely.
Stuart could stop tomorrow though and as someone who’s always supported the Trust and been a member since that famous night in the Patti Pavilion I think he should.

I disagree with the part where you say he isn’t in touch with the fans.

There will be many folk who don’t read this site and who were on the receiving end of the free drink at the away day & last Sunday. A lot of these folk won’t know the reality of the situation.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:06 - Jan 1 with 1028 viewsNookiejack

Time will tell
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:09 - Jan 1 with 1021 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:04 - Jan 1 by Cooperman

I disagree with the part where you say he isn’t in touch with the fans.

There will be many folk who don’t read this site and who were on the receiving end of the free drink at the away day & last Sunday. A lot of these folk won’t know the reality of the situation.

Yeah all the thick ćunts.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:28 - Jan 1 with 979 viewsNookiejack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 19:30 - Jan 1 by Phil_S

I hope he has as he could have saved me many hours of time over the past few months let alone the past few years

if only it was as simple to say that we wanted to be involved in the sale (if the terms were right) - if only we had done just that

I am told by people that know him that Nookie is a very well learned and intelligent person yet single handedly he has created many of the myths on here about the success of legal action

Myths about success of legal action?

What does that imply? That people supported legal action because I argued that we couldn’t lose the court case?

All I have always called for is for the Trust to stand up and protect their minority shareholder rights. To be treated exactly the same as the selling shareholders.

The Trust had circa £20m of value to protect - but now we are circa 3.5 years since the takeover with value continually dissipating away.

In any court case you can lose I have always said that - regardless of how strong you think your case is.

So if the court case was only 50 : 50 or 40:60 against(and I hadn’t created the myths according to you) we shouldn’t have tried to protect our rights and value? That’s what your statement implies.

Why yet another delay Phil - 3.5 years on?

You have made statements about seeking insurance to protect the Trust Board and engaging law firm on a win only basis - so can only assume delays caused by this?

Circa 3.5 years since the sale?
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:34 - Jan 1 with 958 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:28 - Jan 1 by Nookiejack

Myths about success of legal action?

What does that imply? That people supported legal action because I argued that we couldn’t lose the court case?

All I have always called for is for the Trust to stand up and protect their minority shareholder rights. To be treated exactly the same as the selling shareholders.

The Trust had circa £20m of value to protect - but now we are circa 3.5 years since the takeover with value continually dissipating away.

In any court case you can lose I have always said that - regardless of how strong you think your case is.

So if the court case was only 50 : 50 or 40:60 against(and I hadn’t created the myths according to you) we shouldn’t have tried to protect our rights and value? That’s what your statement implies.

Why yet another delay Phil - 3.5 years on?

You have made statements about seeking insurance to protect the Trust Board and engaging law firm on a win only basis - so can only assume delays caused by this?

Circa 3.5 years since the sale?

Nook someone down the club told me why there’s a delay about six weeks ago.
It’s genuine and personal issue that couldn’t be avoided.
I’m not posting it on here because I’ve done similar in the past and got destroyed for it.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:35 - Jan 1 with 958 viewsCooperman

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:09 - Jan 1 by Darran

Yeah all the thick ćunts.

Of which there are considerable numbers.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:48 - Jan 1 with 925 viewsNookiejack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:34 - Jan 1 by Darran

Nook someone down the club told me why there’s a delay about six weeks ago.
It’s genuine and personal issue that couldn’t be avoided.
I’m not posting it on here because I’ve done similar in the past and got destroyed for it.

Fair enough Darren
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:56 - Jan 1 with 901 viewsFireboy2

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:35 - Jan 1 by Cooperman

Of which there are considerable numbers.

Which is a damn shame.

These 'thick cvnts' need to know what.exactly happened with the sale of the club to the locusts and what.is going on re the i hope the impending court case.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:03 - Jan 4 with 715 viewsCooperman

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 11:02 - Jan 1 by Phil_S

Sorry just catching up this morning so will pick up on the first few points.

In terms of your first question, I would say a positive if I was to reflect fully. However, increasing my attendance I don't think would add benefits unless attendance was for a specific reason. Largely over my tenure on the board I have been reluctant to attend too often unless there was specific reasons for doing so. This season was specific reasons and - especially with a new man at the helm - there was a benefit to doing so although it is fair to say that on matchday the chances to discuss anything in huge depth are limited but definitely the chance to set up those discussions if appropriate. I also think it can serve as a good reminder of the presence of the Trust something that certain people clearly forgot in a key period of our history.

On your questions on a paragraph 5. I probably wasn't clear enough in my full belief so apologies - I do believe there should be a case in point for Trust reps to attend the board but when there is a specific need. If for example at the next home game there was nothing of importance that required an attendance then don't take it up. I do believe that is different for Stuart but - as I alluded to - the other three who may also attend have done so with key aims to achieve from that. Contrary to any belief, the experience is generally not that enjoyable for any football fan. That I guess is why I say it is a duty to attend (i.e. when required) rather than a privilege/perk.

I take your point as two people attending but I retain a belief that this should only happen if there is a specific need or an aim to get something out of it.

In terms of stuart's weekly visit then I believe (from what he and others have suggested) that he has an open door to all of the management team at the stadium (outside naturaly of Steve Cooper and his team which isn't something we should have) He is normally sent in with some key questions to ask beyond the day to day things 0=- for example this week would have been the post about the lad and his grandfather and also he is working on comms for the increased (it seems) checking of tickets in the North East corner. In terms of work for the trust there isn't a single person on the board who puts more into it than Stuart and he is a big believer in a strong relationship at local level which we have tried to separate completely from the legal case that is building in the background

Exactly - a presence in the directors box will provide visibility of an active Trust and I think it’s essential that at least two members are present regardless of whether there are pressing matters.

It is also extremely pleasing to read that the SD has a regular opportunity for interaction with senior club officials. I wasn’t expecting to hear such a positive statement about this so all Trust members should take note of this.

I think my underlying point is that the Trust is selling itself short in terms of promoting the good work that goes on behind the scenes. The perception of the Trust would inevitably improve greatly if there was feedback from the weekly SD meetings and other topics. I acknowledge that various topics are confidential and not for the public domain but this cannot be the case all of the time. Lisa mentioned the good work of Cath Dyer - where has this been publicised? I genuinely don’t recall reading much on the topic but as a parent of a child who has relied upon wheelchairs in the past this is very much a topic that would have captured my eye. The use of social media has almost become non existent and this is where great opportunity has been lost.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024