Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big month ahead for the 28... 19:58 - Dec 29 with 1791 viewsSwanjaxs

With season ticket renewals foremost in their thinking do they show some interest in getting us into the playoffs by releasing the purse strings or cut thier losses?

My thinking is they will cut and run unfortunately

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:01 - Dec 29 with 1371 viewsDr_Winston

You do realise that "the 28" are basically just investors? There isn't a WhatsApp group where Kaplan asks them all what they want to do. They put some money in, maybe they'll get a return, maybe they won't. That's what investing is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:06 - Dec 29 with 1331 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:01 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

You do realise that "the 28" are basically just investors? There isn't a WhatsApp group where Kaplan asks them all what they want to do. They put some money in, maybe they'll get a return, maybe they won't. That's what investing is.

Sorry.

WhatsApp group.

Read again.

I'm asking if our owners are going to invest this transfer window?

Is that clear enough for you?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:08 - Dec 29 with 1317 viewsDr_Winston

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:06 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

Sorry.

WhatsApp group.

Read again.

I'm asking if our owners are going to invest this transfer window?

Is that clear enough for you?

You seem to be under the impression that Mindy Kaling is going to have some input into our transfer dealings in January.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:09 - Dec 29 with 1306 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:08 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

You seem to be under the impression that Mindy Kaling is going to have some input into our transfer dealings in January.

She's an investor so yes

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:14 - Dec 29 with 1271 viewsDr_Winston

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:09 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

She's an investor so yes

If I owned shares in BT, the chairman of BT wouldn't drop me an email to ask if I wanted them to spend money buying new vans.

These people invest money into a business or fund. Other people manage the fund. They may get reports on how the business/fund is going. They are not asked for advice or input on how to run it.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:15 - Dec 29 with 1265 viewsSwanjaxs

So if you were part of a hedge fund that has invested a large chunk of your hard earned money you would be ok for decisions that would effect your stake to be taken without your knowledge?

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 1260 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yet he didn’t mention Mindy Whatsit. You did as a straw man.

Poll: Tory leader

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 1253 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:14 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

If I owned shares in BT, the chairman of BT wouldn't drop me an email to ask if I wanted them to spend money buying new vans.

These people invest money into a business or fund. Other people manage the fund. They may get reports on how the business/fund is going. They are not asked for advice or input on how to run it.

So only 28 people own shares in BT then...

Give over ffs 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:19 - Dec 29 with 1235 viewsDr_Winston

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:15 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

So if you were part of a hedge fund that has invested a large chunk of your hard earned money you would be ok for decisions that would effect your stake to be taken without your knowledge?

Yes. That's how investment funds work. That's why the people who are very good at running them earn billions, and people who are bad at them end up costing investors everything.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 1188 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:19 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

Yes. That's how investment funds work. That's why the people who are very good at running them earn billions, and people who are bad at them end up costing investors everything.

Ok thanks for explaining how investors make their fortune 👍

Back to the point of the thread...

Will they invest in January or pick over the bones?

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:32 - Dec 29 with 1181 viewsDr_Winston

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:30 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

Would imagine that a lot depends on Baston. Clearly out of favour, probably on the way out. His wages off the books would free up space for a loan or two.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:34 - Dec 29 with 1172 viewsBillyChong

Can’t see them spending a dime in January either way. Who was it that said January spending would depend on our league position?
Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 1162 viewsmonmouth

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:30 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

They won’t invest any more money into a specific Swans transfer fund. Of course not, it’s just part of a wider portfolio. They may invest more money with Oaktree, but there’s no way that will be thrown away on a pipe dream for a Welsh championship football team. Not a chance.

The real question is how Birch will choose to balance the books and manage the balance sheet in agreement with Kaplan and Levien. Forget ‘the 28’. They simply don’t exist in executive management terms.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 1116 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:35 - Dec 29 by monmouth

They won’t invest any more money into a specific Swans transfer fund. Of course not, it’s just part of a wider portfolio. They may invest more money with Oaktree, but there’s no way that will be thrown away on a pipe dream for a Welsh championship football team. Not a chance.

The real question is how Birch will choose to balance the books and manage the balance sheet in agreement with Kaplan and Levien. Forget ‘the 28’. They simply don’t exist in executive management terms.

But I presume they have the right to replace the executive management if they feel thier investment is being threatened by thier decision making?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:49]

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:51 - Dec 29 with 1079 viewsSgorioFruit

Oh how my beloved SCFC has spiralled

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:51 - Dec 29 with 1074 viewsmonmouth

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:47 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

But I presume they have the right to replace the executive management if they feel thier investment is being threatened by thier decision making?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:49]

Doubt it, that’s not how an investment fund generally works. If the terms allow it they can withdraw their money (at current value), but we’d need to know the intricacies of the fund. These will be passive investors I would think. Irrelevant to us now. Kaplan and Levien are the shareholders. It’s their shout, but I think they’ve already shouted, and the nuts and bolts are for Birch to act within their defined strategy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:07 - Dec 29 with 1023 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 20:51 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Doubt it, that’s not how an investment fund generally works. If the terms allow it they can withdraw their money (at current value), but we’d need to know the intricacies of the fund. These will be passive investors I would think. Irrelevant to us now. Kaplan and Levien are the shareholders. It’s their shout, but I think they’ve already shouted, and the nuts and bolts are for Birch to act within their defined strategy.

Fair mate.

I'm not an expert in this field obviously 👍

Was just putting it out there that hopefully some investment will be fronted in the coming weeks.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 970 viewsDr_Winston

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:07 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

Fair mate.

Was just putting it out there that hopefully some investment will be fronted in the coming weeks.

The other complication is that those in charge of the club aren't the sole owners. If they were to "invest" then they'd expect equal investment to come from other shareholders, ie the Trust.

If they were to do it without reciprocal contribution from other shareholders they could load it onto the club as debt, or use it as a means to dilute the shares held by others. It's just not as simple as asking the Americans to spend some money.

Any cash for players will have to come from whatever Trevor can generate himself, which is why the Baston situation is key.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:27 - Dec 29 with 941 viewsSwanjaxs

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:21 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

The other complication is that those in charge of the club aren't the sole owners. If they were to "invest" then they'd expect equal investment to come from other shareholders, ie the Trust.

If they were to do it without reciprocal contribution from other shareholders they could load it onto the club as debt, or use it as a means to dilute the shares held by others. It's just not as simple as asking the Americans to spend some money.

Any cash for players will have to come from whatever Trevor can generate himself, which is why the Baston situation is key.

What a mess.

And to think we were promised the next level.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 893 viewsDewi1jack

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:07 - Dec 29 by Swanjaxs

Fair mate.

About £45k investment made today...

...On ST holders.
Hoping that a quick drink can convince those that are thinking about not renewing to changer their minds

Am I becoming too cynical or not enough?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:47 - Dec 29 with 843 viewslonglostjack

Why the lack of transparency when it comes to Trust access to detailed management accounts? Without that transparency, how can you be certain that Baston is the key?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:49 - Dec 29 with 834 viewsDr_Winston

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:47 - Dec 29 by longlostjack

Why the lack of transparency when it comes to Trust access to detailed management accounts? Without that transparency, how can you be certain that Baston is the key?

Why am I certain that the future of a player on at least £40k per week yet isn't playing is a key issue in whether we recruit in January?

Call it a hunch.

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:49 - Dec 29 with 834 viewsCooperman

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:39 - Dec 29 by Dewi1jack

About £45k investment made today...

...On ST holders.
Hoping that a quick drink can convince those that are thinking about not renewing to changer their minds

Am I becoming too cynical or not enough?

Don’t get carried away.

The investment on those free drinks was probably less than £10k.
There will be some who rejoiced and had a second drink the profits of which was greater than £10k.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:57 - Dec 29 with 805 viewsCooperman

There are quite a few that need to read this and digest the words.

This isn’t as simple as writing cheques payable to Swansea City Football Club.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:57 - Dec 29 with 803 viewsDewi1jack

Big month ahead for the 28... on 21:49 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

Don’t get carried away.

The investment on those free drinks was probably less than £10k.
There will be some who rejoiced and had a second drink the profits of which was greater than £10k.

That's why I thought there was a cut off time.
So someone could buy another drink and cover the cost of my God awful coffee

The failed roofer, shagger, Dimwit and all the other sellers ought to be made to drink that constantly as punishment for selling us without doing any diligence whatsoever

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024