Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That M4 again! 19:56 - Dec 30 with 5994 viewsjack2jack

At least two or three more incidents near the llandarcy interchange today.
It's getting worse. What's to be done?
That M4 again! on 19:58 - Dec 30 with 3389 viewsDarran

Stop ćunts driving that’s what’s to be done.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That M4 again! on 19:59 - Dec 30 with 3383 viewsdickythorpe

Unfortunately I think more speed restrictions are going to be adopted.
Always sad to hear or see accidents.
That M4 again! on 20:02 - Dec 30 with 3367 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 19:58 - Dec 30 by Darran

Stop ćunts driving that’s what’s to be done.

There are a lot of idiots on there that's for sure👍
That M4 again! on 20:03 - Dec 30 with 3356 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

That M4 again! on 20:02 - Dec 30 by jack2jack

There are a lot of idiots on there that's for sure👍

As an occasional visitor back to Swansea I have seen some pretty bad driving on that stretch of road.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 20:04]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

That M4 again! on 20:05 - Dec 30 with 3349 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 19:59 - Dec 30 by dickythorpe

Unfortunately I think more speed restrictions are going to be adopted.
Always sad to hear or see accidents.

I said exactly the same to the missus as we passed an accident east bound, this evening, I can see the extension of the average speed cameras.
That M4 again! on 20:06 - Dec 30 with 3339 viewsGaryjack

Went passed a 69 plate Kuga around 3.05pm. Gone into the back of something that had obviously been towed away. Total write off.
That M4 again! on 20:08 - Dec 30 with 3329 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 20:03 - Dec 30 by JACKMANANDBOY

As an occasional visitor back to Swansea I have seen some pretty bad driving on that stretch of road.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 20:04]

Is it just Swansea or are there just more tools in a hurry these days and not giving a fvck about other road users?
That M4 again! on 20:10 - Dec 30 with 3322 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 20:06 - Dec 30 by Garyjack

Went passed a 69 plate Kuga around 3.05pm. Gone into the back of something that had obviously been towed away. Total write off.

Was that at Llandarcy west bound Gary?
Login to get fewer ads

That M4 again! on 20:13 - Dec 30 with 3316 viewsGaryjack

That M4 again! on 20:08 - Dec 30 by jack2jack

Is it just Swansea or are there just more tools in a hurry these days and not giving a fvck about other road users?

It's a confusing little stretch J2J, especially at busy times. to many drivers trying to get onto the motorway competing with lots trying to get onto the slip road. It needs sorting.
That M4 again! on 20:14 - Dec 30 with 3314 viewsGaryjack

That M4 again! on 20:10 - Dec 30 by jack2jack

Was that at Llandarcy west bound Gary?

Yep.
That M4 again! on 20:20 - Dec 30 with 3277 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 20:13 - Dec 30 by Garyjack

It's a confusing little stretch J2J, especially at busy times. to many drivers trying to get onto the motorway competing with lots trying to get onto the slip road. It needs sorting.

It is yes, but why the flying foook, don't folk slow down, or get in their respective lanes earlier, I does my swede in Gar.
That M4 again! on 20:25 - Dec 30 with 3262 viewsGaryjack

That M4 again! on 20:20 - Dec 30 by jack2jack

It is yes, but why the flying foook, don't folk slow down, or get in their respective lanes earlier, I does my swede in Gar.

It's not even slowing down, sometimes it's the opposite. I was with the wife the other day doing about 55, when some tvvat pulled out in front of us from the slip road doing about 40!
That M4 again! on 20:30 - Dec 30 with 3243 viewsCatullus

That M4 again! on 20:20 - Dec 30 by jack2jack

It's a fairly short distance to change lanes with cars wanting to swap in both cases and many going much too fast.
The only way to stop the accidents (I reckon) is to widen the road and put up some sort of a dedicated offslipf or cars going to the old bridge. Thing is that would cost a lot to design and build and the Senedd won't do it. They'd rather put speed cameras up and hope to make money instead.

Every working day I see cars going much too fast much too close together between 43 and 46.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

That M4 again! on 20:40 - Dec 30 with 3210 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 20:25 - Dec 30 by Garyjack

It's not even slowing down, sometimes it's the opposite. I was with the wife the other day doing about 55, when some tvvat pulled out in front of us from the slip road doing about 40!

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, are folk not aware or what.
I'm not saying everyone's perfect and I am certainly not, but fvck me some of the driving is appauling.
That M4 again! on 20:47 - Dec 30 with 3166 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 20:30 - Dec 30 by Catullus

It's a fairly short distance to change lanes with cars wanting to swap in both cases and many going much too fast.
The only way to stop the accidents (I reckon) is to widen the road and put up some sort of a dedicated offslipf or cars going to the old bridge. Thing is that would cost a lot to design and build and the Senedd won't do it. They'd rather put speed cameras up and hope to make money instead.

Every working day I see cars going much too fast much too close together between 43 and 46.

Some fair points there, but just thinking about it, the new end of restriction signs are not far from the Llandarcy turn off, I reckon folk are flooring it to make up for lost time, and that, I think is making an already bad situation worse, I do believe they will at some point extend the average speed cameras, probably sooner rather than later.
That M4 again! on 20:52 - Dec 30 with 3152 viewscontroversial_jack

I think a lot of it is down to impatience. Drivers don't let others out these days, so they just take a chance and zoom out into the mainstream and get clobbered
That M4 again! on 20:52 - Dec 30 with 3151 viewsLuther27

It's a dangerously designed junction for those that know it....god help those that don't. It's similar in a way to the Jersey Marine Amazon roundabout where traffic merges into the fast lane to join the Swansea bound carriageway .
That M4 again! on 21:15 - Dec 30 with 3107 viewsGaryjack

That M4 again! on 20:52 - Dec 30 by Luther27

It's a dangerously designed junction for those that know it....god help those that don't. It's similar in a way to the Jersey Marine Amazon roundabout where traffic merges into the fast lane to join the Swansea bound carriageway .

I've always wondered whether that merger is actually legal within the British road system. I've never come across anything like it anywhere before
That M4 again! on 07:39 - Dec 31 with 2929 viewsItchySphincter

People using their indicators might help.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

That M4 again! on 08:35 - Dec 31 with 2886 viewsGlastonbury

It's very simple in my eyes

Middle lane drivers - If there nothing on inside Pull Over the outside 2 lanes are overtaking lanes end of

No Lights On - Count how many drivers in dark cars especially have only side lights on in dark or when it's raining they think ' I can see u so wats the problem '. UM NO other drivers have to see U .

This happens daily. I actually undertake a middle lane drivers and look across and put my hands up
That M4 again! on 08:57 - Dec 31 with 2866 viewsCooperman

That M4 again! on 08:35 - Dec 31 by Glastonbury

Middle lane drivers - If there nothing on inside Pull Over the outside 2 lanes are overtaking lanes end of

No Lights On - Count how many drivers in dark cars especially have only side lights on in dark or when it's raining they think ' I can see u so wats the problem '. UM NO other drivers have to see U .

This happens daily. I actually undertake a middle lane drivers and look across and put my hands up

This section of road is only two lanes.

Re your last paragraph - you are an accident waiting to happen.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

That M4 again! on 09:17 - Dec 31 with 2851 viewsVincent_Vega

That M4 again! on 08:35 - Dec 31 by Glastonbury

eh?

I get the 2 lanes being overtaking lanes and the frustration over middle lane hoggers.

Also people using daylights at night but you seriously undertake people? You're part of the problem I'm afraid.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

That M4 again! on 09:28 - Dec 31 with 2830 viewsItchySphincter

Middle lane sitters are a huge problem but they simply don’t care. I’ve got my first dash cam this Christmas because it’s mental out there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

That M4 again! on 10:57 - Dec 31 with 2756 viewscockneyswan

That M4 again! on 09:17 - Dec 31 by Vincent_Vega

eh?

I get the 2 lanes being overtaking lanes and the frustration over middle lane hoggers.

Also people using daylights at night but you seriously undertake people? You're part of the problem I'm afraid.

Don’t be afraid, you’re absolutely right, anyone who undertakes is a numpty.
That M4 again! on 12:06 - Dec 31 with 2724 viewsAndy1300

That M4 again! on 09:17 - Dec 31 by Vincent_Vega

eh?

If they stay in the middle lane, they will get undertaken, middle lanes are some of the worst drivers.

I overtake them and then cut across them back to inside lane, as I get alongside them, they get a blast of my horn and the fingers.

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024