Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That M4 again! 19:56 - Dec 30 with 5852 viewsjack2jack

At least two or three more incidents near the llandarcy interchange today.
It's getting worse. What's to be done?
That M4 again! on 12:07 - Dec 31 with 1090 viewsAndy1300

They need to extend the 50 limit to junction 44, Skewen, too many junctions in a short distance

Number 1 team in Wales

That M4 again! on 13:31 - Dec 31 with 1047 viewsJackfath

Just what the Welsh economy needs, an extension of 50 mph driving to West Wales.

How about introducing more traffic police and increasing fines/bans for people who simply do not think that the highway code applies to them.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That M4 again! on 16:58 - Dec 31 with 977 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 13:31 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

Just what the Welsh economy needs, an extension of 50 mph driving to West Wales.

How about introducing more traffic police and increasing fines/bans for people who simply do not think that the highway code applies to them.

Any idea how much it costs the economy, when the emergency services are clearing up the carnage on the M4 on a daily basis?
That M4 again! on 17:01 - Dec 31 with 970 viewsJackfath

That M4 again! on 16:58 - Dec 31 by jack2jack

Any idea how much it costs the economy, when the emergency services are clearing up the carnage on the M4 on a daily basis?

No idea, sorry.

The idea of slowing down traffic due to the few who are clueless is crazy. Get them off the roads and make it faster for us all!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

That M4 again! on 17:06 - Dec 31 with 958 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 17:01 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

No idea, sorry.

The idea of slowing down traffic due to the few who are clueless is crazy. Get them off the roads and make it faster for us all!

You mean safer?
That M4 again! on 17:09 - Dec 31 with 954 viewsFlashberryjack

That M4 again! on 13:31 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

Nail right on the head mate.

The standard of my motorway driving is atrocious whether it's at 50 or 70 mph.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

That M4 again! on 17:12 - Dec 31 with 950 viewsJackfath

That M4 again! on 17:06 - Dec 31 by jack2jack

You mean safer?

No. I mean faster. Get rid of the crap drivers that cant deal with motorway driving. Develop a minimum speed too.

That M4 again! on 17:18 - Dec 31 with 943 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 17:12 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

No. I mean faster. Get rid of the crap drivers that cant deal with motorway driving. Develop a minimum speed too.

But you are not going to get rid of crap drivers, and the motorway cops can't be there 24/7.
Reducing speed, means you have more time to react should anything happen.
I'm not saying it's ideal to put permanent restrictions on motorways, but at least speeds can be monitored all the time, and fines handed out to those who flaut the rules. Especially on roads that have an unhealthy safety record.
Login to get fewer ads

That M4 again! on 17:22 - Dec 31 with 935 viewsJackfath

That M4 again! on 17:18 - Dec 31 by jack2jack

But you are not going to get rid of crap drivers, and the motorway cops can't be there 24/7.
I'm not saying it's ideal to put permanent restrictions on motorways, but at least speeds can be monitored all the time, and fines handed out to those who flaut the rules. Especially on roads that have an unhealthy safety record.

Cameras can be there 24/7. Slowing traffic adds to the problems.

That M4 again! on 17:22 - Dec 31 with 935 viewscontroversial_jack

If roads have bad safety records, then design them better and get to the root cause and not just fleece motorists
That M4 again! on 17:25 - Dec 31 with 926 viewsGlastonbury

Serious question - Do u really believe driving slower is less pollution ? My thoughts is its a pure money making scheme.
That M4 again! on 17:29 - Dec 31 with 923 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 17:22 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

Cameras can be there 24/7. Slowing traffic adds to the problems.

That's what I said
How does slowing down traffic cause problems.
A steady stream of slower moving traffic is safer, surely.
Anyways we are on different wavelengths here so well agree to disagree.👍
That M4 again! on 17:31 - Dec 31 with 917 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 17:22 - Dec 31 by controversial_jack

If roads have bad safety records, then design them better and get to the root cause and not just fleece motorists

Roads are safe, it's the tvvats who drive on them that aren't
That M4 again! on 17:36 - Dec 31 with 913 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 17:25 - Dec 31 by Glastonbury

Serious question - Do u really believe driving slower is less pollution ? My thoughts is its a pure money making scheme.

Sorry pollution is not the issue here.
Anyway standing traffic causes pollution.You know like when your sitting in a 5 mile queue, because someone has stuffed there car into a central Res or worse.
Let be reasonable here, something has to be done.
What's more important saving lives, or a bit of money making off the back of clowns who can't keep to the speed limit, serious question?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 17:39]
That M4 again! on 17:49 - Dec 31 with 904 viewsexiledclaseboy

The roads in South Wales and across much of the UK weren’t designed to cater for the volume of traffic currently using them. Simple. The future will see more and more efforts to reduce the number of cars on the roads.

Poll: Tory leader

That M4 again! on 17:58 - Dec 31 with 884 viewsJackfath

That M4 again! on 17:49 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

The roads in South Wales and across much of the UK weren’t designed to cater for the volume of traffic currently using them. Simple. The future will see more and more efforts to reduce the number of cars on the roads.

Price the lower classes out of travelling on motorways and force them back onto A roads and market towns thus rejuvenating them. Everyone's a winner.

That M4 again! on 18:00 - Dec 31 with 881 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They certainly weren't and in particular, the massive increase in lorries. If only we could get a substantial amount of freight back on to the railways. Alas it won't happen because of the cost of upgrading the infrastructure to accommodate it.

Meanwhile we're driving among these juggernauts which are damaging the road surface at an alarming rate and In an accident we haven't got a prayer.

That's on top of the increase in cars.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

That M4 again! on 18:01 - Dec 31 with 879 viewsFlashberryjack

By pricing the ordinary person off the road, probably.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

That M4 again! on 18:04 - Dec 31 with 873 viewsexiledclaseboy

That M4 again! on 18:01 - Dec 31 by Flashberryjack

By pricing the ordinary person off the road, probably.

That’s usually the way it goes yeah.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 18:05]

Poll: Tory leader

That M4 again! on 18:05 - Dec 31 with 871 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 17:58 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

Price the lower classes out of travelling on motorways and force them back onto A roads and market towns thus rejuvenating them. Everyone's a winner.

They've already tried that, it doesn't work, there one thing people will not get rid of without a fight, and it's their cars.
Have you tried the A465 btw?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 18:14]
That M4 again! on 18:16 - Dec 31 with 845 viewsJackfath

That M4 again! on 18:05 - Dec 31 by jack2jack

They've already tried that, it doesn't work, there one thing people will not get rid of without a fight, and it's their cars.
Have you tried the A465 btw?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 18:14]

Price them out of it. Tolls on roads.

That M4 again! on 18:19 - Dec 31 with 836 viewsjack2jack

That M4 again! on 18:16 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

Won't that slow the traffic down?
That M4 again! on 18:25 - Dec 31 with 820 viewsNeath_Jack

That M4 again! on 18:16 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

We could have Rebecca Riots again, only this time called Jackfath Ructions.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

That M4 again! on 18:32 - Dec 31 with 803 viewsJackfath

That M4 again! on 18:19 - Dec 31 by jack2jack

Won't that slow the traffic down?

Not if you pay for the toll online. Cameras pick up those that haven't paid and they get fined massively for being cocks.

That M4 again! on 19:28 - Dec 31 with 768 viewsCatullus

That M4 again! on 20:47 - Dec 30 by jack2jack

Some fair points there, but just thinking about it, the new end of restriction signs are not far from the Llandarcy turn off, I reckon folk are flooring it to make up for lost time, and that, I think is making an already bad situation worse, I do believe they will at some point extend the average speed cameras, probably sooner rather than later.

Maybe there's a middle of the road, so to speak, solution.

Instead of reducing to 50, reduce to 60. Still put up the average speed cameras though. I reckon they should still change the road layout to make it not just safer but easier too.

2 slip lanes off a motorway is fine but does anyone think 2 onto a motorway is a bad thing? I have seen so many near misses because people 'undertake' and then there's the numpties that hurtle up the crawler lane at J45.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024