Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baston last night 06:35 - Jan 3 with 5379 viewsdickythorpe

Laughing after that awful miss.
He blasted that over the bar you'd swear almost deliberately!!
We are hard to watch as many promising moves break down with a pathetic flick, blocked or overhit pass.....the only time we put Baston in one on one against the keeper he blazes it over and laughs.

Fúck off, good riddance.
Baston last night on 07:48 - Jan 3 with 3426 viewsElward

Wouldn't look too much into that. I have been in similar circumstances (in another sport) where I have made a complete mess of what you would deem an easy shot and I have had to laugh it off. It's not that I found it a joke, it's more I'm laughing at myself and to save a bit of embarrassment if I just skate off looking down etc. You could also argue that he thought Byers was going to shoot himself from the way he goes to fake it which prompts him to rush for the rebound only to have the ball come to him as a pass and has to sudden halt.

Also with Dhanda's goal, you can clearly Baston with his arms in the air celebrating which would guess he atleast cares to some extent.
Baston last night on 07:49 - Jan 3 with 3425 viewsmarchamjack

I said from the first time I saw him... least technically gifted Spanish player I’ve ever seen.

And yes, last night, worse than abysmal. If only Birch can find someone to take him off our hands

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Baston last night on 07:54 - Jan 3 with 3406 viewssP7qupUf

I thought that he held the ball up pretty well last night and tried to bring people into the game. Midfield just so slow getting up to him. There were worse performances than him last night.
Baston last night on 08:04 - Jan 3 with 3373 viewslifelong

Baston last night on 07:54 - Jan 3 by sP7qupUf

I thought that he held the ball up pretty well last night and tried to bring people into the game. Midfield just so slow getting up to him. There were worse performances than him last night.

That’s got to be the least you would expect from a player of his experience, surely?
We paid £15m for him and are paying him God knows how much a week.
Baston last night on 08:09 - Jan 3 with 3357 viewsDr_Winston

Ignore a striker for the best part of two months then drop him into the team and expect him to be match sharp. Top management.

Held the ball up reasonably well which is about the best we could have expected.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Baston last night on 08:15 - Jan 3 with 3327 viewsnantywatcher

Baston last night on 08:09 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

Ignore a striker for the best part of two months then drop him into the team and expect him to be match sharp. Top management.

Held the ball up reasonably well which is about the best we could have expected.

He displayed how hopeless he is last night, if Birch can unload him he deserves a medal.
Baston last night on 08:25 - Jan 3 with 3290 viewsbuilthjack

Baston last night on 08:15 - Jan 3 by nantywatcher

He displayed how hopeless he is last night, if Birch can unload him he deserves a medal.

Birch has had 12 months to unload him.
He will most likely go with us paying 75% of his wages.
Birch isn't as good as people think.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Baston last night on 08:39 - Jan 3 with 3221 viewsWarwickHunt

Baston last night on 08:25 - Jan 3 by builthjack

His magic wand is broken. Probably.

I hope they at least gave him a huge pan and brush to clean up the shit that the idiot Jenkins left behind.
Login to get fewer ads

Baston last night on 08:42 - Jan 3 with 3212 views3swan

"He will most likely go with us paying 75% of his wages."

Isn't that better than we can hope for
Baston last night on 08:56 - Jan 3 with 3133 viewsbuilthjack

Baston last night on 08:42 - Jan 3 by 3swan

"He will most likely go with us paying 75% of his wages."

Isn't that better than we can hope for

You seriously think that is fine?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Baston last night on 09:01 - Jan 3 with 3112 viewsHighjack

Yeah his overall game was good but his finishing was atrocious.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Baston last night on 09:09 - Jan 3 with 3073 viewsBadlands

His shocking miss was one of several bay various players.
He isn't set the world alight but he held the ball up well, offered a physical presence, played other into goal scoring positions and it's his first game for months.
I was far more disappointed with Ayew, given his recent form, Byers and Grimes (as usual) and Routledge was a mixed bag.
Second half was atrocious.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Baston last night on 09:09 - Jan 3 with 3075 viewsswancity

Baston last night on 08:09 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

Going through the motions doing the bare minimum until he leaves which is a disgrace for a player earning this amount of cash. He’s not motivated and is barely interested enough to put his boots on. Get rid ASAP if anyone can be found to take him that is...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Baston last night on 09:26 - Jan 3 with 3003 views3swan

Baston last night on 08:56 - Jan 3 by builthjack

You seriously think that is fine?

No I don't it was to highlight how difficult it will be to get some other club to take him.
Baston last night on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 2992 viewsLeonWasGod

Byers shares part of the blame there - a regulation 2 on 1 and he didn't get the defender to commit himself. Could easily have taken another touch and then squared it for an easy tap in.

Still a bad miss, but both should have done better there.
Baston last night on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 2984 viewsjack247

I agree. He did what he did quite well. Some great link up play and clever touches.

He just doesn’t do enough to impose himself on the game for me. Nothing to do with sharpness, he just doesn’t put himself about or demand the ball. Skied effort last night aside, he’s a decent finisher.

I don’t know why, but I think he’ll do well against Cardiff
Baston last night on 09:44 - Jan 3 with 2913 viewsBadlands

TBF he spent a lot of time deep and on wide and did his share of defending.
Better than Surridge in all departments for me.
Desperately needs some regular starts with regular attacks alongside him and better midfield.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Baston last night on 09:51 - Jan 3 with 2878 viewsmarchamjack

So the most positive thing anyone can come up with is...he held the ball up well (which was with mixed success in itself)...for £15million...we can get someone from League 1 to hold up the ball if that’s all we’re looking for in a striker

Baston last night on 09:59 - Jan 3 with 2858 viewsjack247

Baston last night on 09:51 - Jan 3 by marchamjack

So the most positive thing anyone can come up with is...he held the ball up well (which was with mixed success in itself)...for £15million...we can get someone from League 1 to hold up the ball if that’s all we’re looking for in a striker

I don’t think anyone is pretending he’s worth £15m
Baston last night on 10:31 - Jan 3 with 2768 viewsmarchamjack

Baston last night on 09:59 - Jan 3 by jack247

I don’t think anyone is pretending he’s worth £15m

Ok fair enough, ignore the £15 mill.

But is that all we’re looking for as an attribute in a striker to judge him as being any good...he can hold the ball up...shows how low our bar has really gone

Baston last night on 10:40 - Jan 3 with 2733 viewsCooperman

I’m afraid that it’s not as easy as that. There’s a balance to find between giving him away and getting a return of some value.

I don’t doubt for one minute that Birch worked hard to move him on but my guess is that he couldn’t achieve the right deal for Swansea City.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Baston last night on 10:46 - Jan 3 with 2707 viewsNeath_Jack

Baston last night on 10:40 - Jan 3 by Cooperman

I’m afraid that it’s not as easy as that. There’s a balance to find between giving him away and getting a return of some value.

I don’t doubt for one minute that Birch worked hard to move him on but my guess is that he couldn’t achieve the right deal for Swansea City.

Of course it's as easy as that for some on here.

Reality means nothing to these people.

Birch is now public enemy no 3 or 4.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Baston last night on 10:56 - Jan 3 with 2677 viewsjack247

Baston last night on 10:40 - Jan 3 by Cooperman

It’s not even just that. Baston is probably earning 3 or 4 times now what he ever will in the future. It’s finding a club that’s prepared to offer him a deal good enough to walk away from that.
Baston last night on 10:59 - Jan 3 with 2657 viewsDarran

Baston last night on 07:48 - Jan 3 by Elward

Wouldn't look too much into that. I have been in similar circumstances (in another sport) where I have made a complete mess of what you would deem an easy shot and I have had to laugh it off. It's not that I found it a joke, it's more I'm laughing at myself and to save a bit of embarrassment if I just skate off looking down etc. You could also argue that he thought Byers was going to shoot himself from the way he goes to fake it which prompts him to rush for the rebound only to have the ball come to him as a pass and has to sudden halt.

Also with Dhanda's goal, you can clearly Baston with his arms in the air celebrating which would guess he atleast cares to some extent.

Slipped did you? 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Baston last night on 11:45 - Jan 3 with 2548 viewsjack_lord

Perhaps a little bit harsh but maybe all the other reasons in there made you focus a little too much on Baston.
I can't make excuses for him though the ball was perhaps behind him and he got underneath it but he is an experienced top level footballer so shouldn't have happened.

Maybe he was laughing at himself in frustration - who knows what goes on in other people's minds.

Those flicks do my swede in unless we score from them of course.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024