Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So temperatures not rising then 11:08 - Jan 3 with 17209 viewsCountyJim

2010-2019 wasn't as warm as the previous decade

Rather rubbishes global warming theories then that its getting hotter
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 11:08]
So temperatures not rising then on 12:49 - Jan 5 with 1262 viewsexiledclaseboy

So temperatures not rising then on 12:39 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

It was, I thought fairly obviously, a joke.

But you can now see the crucial flaw in your thinking.

Poll: Tory leader

So temperatures not rising then on 12:49 - Jan 5 with 1256 viewscontroversial_jack

So temperatures not rising then on 11:26 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

Sydney hit 48.9c on Friday. Canberra 43c. One day last week every state in Australia recorded a temperature of 40c or above.

Or is “the man” making that up?

Not according to what i saw and next weeks temps are nowhere near it it's foretasted 24 c today with some rain and with a maximum high of 30c later this week. So, i'm calling bullshit on that
So temperatures not rising then on 12:53 - Jan 5 with 1250 viewsexiledclaseboy

So temperatures not rising then on 12:49 - Jan 5 by controversial_jack

Not according to what i saw and next weeks temps are nowhere near it it's foretasted 24 c today with some rain and with a maximum high of 30c later this week. So, i'm calling bullshit on that

Yeah I thought you might.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/04/australian-weather-canber

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/hottest-place-on-the-planet-penrith-i

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-04/heat-record-canberra-penrith-fire-bushfir

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50938504

They’re all making it up of course.

So temperatures not rising then on 12:54 - Jan 5 with 1244 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 11:26 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

Sydney hit 48.9c on Friday. Canberra 43c. One day last week every state in Australia recorded a temperature of 40c or above.

Or is “the man” making that up?

I am so glad that asked that, would you like to see the photographs of the original Sydney Weather Station compared to the current one?
Of course the article is by that Watts guy who doesn't know what he is talking about.
But as they a picture is worth a thousand words.
So be my guest and actually learn something
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/07/02/sydneys-weather-station-150-meters-makes-

This is real "man made warming".
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 12:55]
So temperatures not rising then on 12:58 - Jan 5 with 1240 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 12:53 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/04/australian-weather-canber

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/hottest-place-on-the-planet-penrith-i

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-04/heat-record-canberra-penrith-fire-bushfir

Yes they are, I have already told people on here what the Australian BOM have been doing with historic temperatures and misusing current equipment, but you don't believe it because it has been found by evil denier Scientists and researchers.
Carry on living in ignorance it suits you.
So temperatures not rising then on 12:59 - Jan 5 with 1243 viewsexiledclaseboy

So temperatures not rising then on 12:54 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

I am so glad that asked that, would you like to see the photographs of the original Sydney Weather Station compared to the current one?
Of course the article is by that Watts guy who doesn't know what he is talking about.
But as they a picture is worth a thousand words.
So be my guest and actually learn something
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/07/02/sydneys-weather-station-150-meters-makes-

This is real "man made warming".
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 12:55]

Right so even if you take the 12 year old blog from a noted climate change sceptic as gospel, the temperature in Sydney would have been 0.7 degrees cooler than recorded. So only 48.2c.

So that’s all good.

So temperatures not rising then on 13:00 - Jan 5 with 1236 viewslondonlisa2001

So temperatures not rising then on 12:49 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

But you can now see the crucial flaw in your thinking.

I can, yes.
So temperatures not rising then on 13:04 - Jan 5 with 1225 viewsCatullus

So temperatures not rising then on 12:37 - Jan 5 by LeonWasGod

“To understand climate and any changes you have to look over decade's.“

And, most importantly, you need the skills and knowledge to be able to analyse and understand the data. Which is why climate change threads are always a car crash on here.

Was it Rhodri Morgan who joked climate change/global warming was a good thing for Welsh tourism?

Climate change is a natural and ongoing process, it will be until the sun swallows up our little blue planet, we just need to stop giving it a helping hand.

I know cows add to greenhouse gases but, honest question, do horses? Think about it, before petrol vehicles everybody used horses.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

So temperatures not rising then on 13:06 - Jan 5 with 1222 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 12:59 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

Right so even if you take the 12 year old blog from a noted climate change sceptic as gospel, the temperature in Sydney would have been 0.7 degrees cooler than recorded. So only 48.2c.

So that’s all good.

Is 48.2 any kind of record?
Not even close.
Listen to a Firefighter.
https://volunteerfirefighters.org.au/bush-fire-environmental-assessment-code
click play on the blue strip.
So temperatures not rising then on 13:16 - Jan 5 with 1212 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 11:08 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Odd that, because the first principle of Science is scepticism and you have zero.
So in your complete acceptance that the world is warming due to CO2 would you expect the decade starting 2010, especially in light of all those declared new records, to be warmer or cooler in the UK than the one starting in 2000?

I'm naturally very sceptical and challenge everything. I am a scientist. Just take a look at my views on the Swansea bay lagoon in other threads.

When I first started studying Geology in the 90's I was taught by Prof DQ Bowen, a fellow of the Royal Society, and at the time the only Climate change sceptic I had come across (he wasn't a denier, but sceptical as to the cause) . I listened to him for a while - but over the coming years and in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence I realised he was wrong.

I'm not saying I know more about climate than him, far from it, but I was new to the subject and could formulate my own opinion.

There is now even more of that evidence and Prof Bowen is long since retired if he is still with us. If he was still in academia I would have thought he would have changed his mind.

As I said previously you post a link to a peer reviewed paper published in a respected journal that demonstrates evidence that climate change is not caused by humans and I'll consider that too.

I don't just think the planet is warming due to Co2, but also methane and nitrous oxide. There may also be a natural warming too but we are accelerating it.

With regard to the decade beginning in 2000, I'd expect it to be broadly similar as it is far too small a time frame to look at. Asking a question like that demonstraes that no matter what you think you don't understand the basics of the subject

Edit. I just checked and Prof Bowen now describes himself as a "student of climate change" even the great academics appear to have been convinced.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 13:28]
So temperatures not rising then on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 1199 viewscontroversial_jack

So temperatures not rising then on 12:53 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2147714
So temperatures not rising then on 13:21 - Jan 5 with 1195 viewsCatullus

So temperatures not rising then on 13:06 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Is 48.2 any kind of record?
Not even close.
Listen to a Firefighter.
https://volunteerfirefighters.org.au/bush-fire-environmental-assessment-code
click play on the blue strip.

50.7 is the official record high, is it relevant? Isn't the average temperatures the big problem?

Don't they say if the avrtage temp raises by 2 degrees then the ice caps will melt causing a global catastrophe?

Please feel free to correct me.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

So temperatures not rising then on 13:25 - Jan 5 with 1189 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 13:04 - Jan 5 by Catullus

Was it Rhodri Morgan who joked climate change/global warming was a good thing for Welsh tourism?

Climate change is a natural and ongoing process, it will be until the sun swallows up our little blue planet, we just need to stop giving it a helping hand.

I know cows add to greenhouse gases but, honest question, do horses? Think about it, before petrol vehicles everybody used horses.

You forgot the north american bison.
So temperatures not rising then on 13:28 - Jan 5 with 1182 viewsCatullus

So temperatures not rising then on 13:25 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

You forgot the north american bison.

There's not as many of them as there used to be, dang railways.

So temperatures not rising then on 13:32 - Jan 5 with 1175 viewsdickythorpe

Rhod Gilbert and he's been right.
So temperatures not rising then on 13:33 - Jan 5 with 1172 viewsScotia

In all seriousness I don't think it is a joke - the climate could benefit welsh tourism. It's just a shame that many other areas of the world will suffer terribly.

Yes horses contribute too, anything that produces methane does. The main problem is the volume of it produced by intensive agriculture due to the number of animals and the amount they are fed to produce our food.
So temperatures not rising then on 13:39 - Jan 5 with 1162 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 13:16 - Jan 5 by Scotia

I'm naturally very sceptical and challenge everything. I am a scientist. Just take a look at my views on the Swansea bay lagoon in other threads.

When I first started studying Geology in the 90's I was taught by Prof DQ Bowen, a fellow of the Royal Society, and at the time the only Climate change sceptic I had come across (he wasn't a denier, but sceptical as to the cause) . I listened to him for a while - but over the coming years and in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence I realised he was wrong.

I'm not saying I know more about climate than him, far from it, but I was new to the subject and could formulate my own opinion.

There is now even more of that evidence and Prof Bowen is long since retired if he is still with us. If he was still in academia I would have thought he would have changed his mind.

As I said previously you post a link to a peer reviewed paper published in a respected journal that demonstrates evidence that climate change is not caused by humans and I'll consider that too.

I don't just think the planet is warming due to Co2, but also methane and nitrous oxide. There may also be a natural warming too but we are accelerating it.

With regard to the decade beginning in 2000, I'd expect it to be broadly similar as it is far too small a time frame to look at. Asking a question like that demonstraes that no matter what you think you don't understand the basics of the subject

Edit. I just checked and Prof Bowen now describes himself as a "student of climate change" even the great academics appear to have been convinced.

"As I said previously you post a link to a peer reviewed paper published in a respected journal that demonstrates evidence that climate change is not caused by humans and I'll consider that too. "

You should know if you read the Climategate emails that it is not possible, because they are reviewed and rejected by the very Scientists proposing the CO2 only theory.

You say that I do not understand Science and yet you clearly do not understand what controls Climate.
Did you watch the video posted by Nogginthenog?
Can you explain why the Climate changed so much in the past when according to the Climate Scientists CO2 has been stable at around 200ppm for 100,000 years?
Can you explain why London (and every other major city in the world) is up to 10C hotter than the surrounding countryside?
Are you willing to answer some simple questions about the physics of the CO2 climate hypothesis?
So temperatures not rising then on 13:56 - Jan 5 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

So temperatures not rising then on 13:19 - Jan 5 by controversial_jack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2147714

Yeah that’s the forecast for the coming week. What’s your point?

So temperatures not rising then on 14:02 - Jan 5 with 1137 viewscontroversial_jack

So temperatures not rising then on 13:56 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah that’s the forecast for the coming week. What’s your point?

It was very similar last week
So temperatures not rising then on 14:04 - Jan 5 with 1136 viewsdickythorpe

It's heartbreaking to see what's happening in Australia.
So temperatures not rising then on 14:05 - Jan 5 with 1135 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 13:21 - Jan 5 by Catullus

50.7 is the official record high, is it relevant? Isn't the average temperatures the big problem?

Don't they say if the avrtage temp raises by 2 degrees then the ice caps will melt causing a global catastrophe?

Please feel free to correct me.

And you belive it.
It is currently -28C in the middle of the Arctic, -30C in the middle of Greenland and -17C at it's southern most tip.
So whatever melts in the height of summer re-freezes in the winter.
Did you watch the video posted by Nogginthenog where it talks about how warm it has been in the past especially when the Vikings inhabited the sothern coast of Greenland?
It is currently summer in tha Antarctic, it is -30C in the midlle, -7C to -20C on the coast and around zero at the tip of the western peninsula.

So the answer is a categorical no.
So temperatures not rising then on 14:07 - Jan 5 with 1129 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 13:33 - Jan 5 by Scotia

In all seriousness I don't think it is a joke - the climate could benefit welsh tourism. It's just a shame that many other areas of the world will suffer terribly.

Yes horses contribute too, anything that produces methane does. The main problem is the volume of it produced by intensive agriculture due to the number of animals and the amount they are fed to produce our food.

Do you think that our domestic animals produce more than Termites?

What countries will suffer terribly?
So temperatures not rising then on 14:15 - Jan 5 with 1120 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So temperatures not rising then on 13:16 - Jan 5 by Scotia

"Edit. I just checked and Prof Bowen now describes himself as a "student of climate change" even the great academics appear to have been convinced."

Of course he is, that is where the money is.
Hard to get grants for non climate studies these days.

I came across a real Scientist with Integrity yesterday, she is a Nobel prize winning Chemist who published a paper and when she realised she could NOT reproduce the results she withdrew it.
Funny how the paper got published though.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50989423

Unlike the the last couple of crap climate papers that had to be forced to be withdrawn by sceptical scientists.
So temperatures not rising then on 15:56 - Jan 5 with 1086 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 13:39 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

"As I said previously you post a link to a peer reviewed paper published in a respected journal that demonstrates evidence that climate change is not caused by humans and I'll consider that too. "

You should know if you read the Climategate emails that it is not possible, because they are reviewed and rejected by the very Scientists proposing the CO2 only theory.

You say that I do not understand Science and yet you clearly do not understand what controls Climate.
Did you watch the video posted by Nogginthenog?
Can you explain why the Climate changed so much in the past when according to the Climate Scientists CO2 has been stable at around 200ppm for 100,000 years?
Can you explain why London (and every other major city in the world) is up to 10C hotter than the surrounding countryside?
Are you willing to answer some simple questions about the physics of the CO2 climate hypothesis?

I'm not a climatologist but I've got a pretty good idea. Once again your questions are very naive.

Climate changes for many reasons, just one of those reasons is Co2 levels. This will continue to happen naturally. Always has and always will.

It doesn't take a genius to understand why urban areas are warmer. I'd say that's gcse level science.
So temperatures not rising then on 16:07 - Jan 5 with 1077 viewsScotia

So temperatures not rising then on 14:07 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you think that our domestic animals produce more than Termites?

What countries will suffer terribly?

I'd say so - in fact peer reviewed science says so. It's a completely irrelevant question anyway.

Well how about Bangladesh for starters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024