Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In what other business would this happen ? 08:55 - Jan 4 with 4935 viewsfrancos16

There is this candidate he has played over 350 games at the highest level, represented his country over 40 times . Assistant Manager for National Team 40 plus occasions and has been Assistant Manager at Premiership level over 570 games ( standing in as Interim Manager on 2 occasions ) .
He applies for the Swansea position in May 2019 and attends an initial interview with the Chairman. He is initially informed by the Club that they are very impressed and enthusiastic by his presentation and will look to meet ‘ in the shortness of time ‘ to further discuss the position . He receives no further contact whatsoever .
He subsequently learns that he has been passed over for an under 17 Manager who has absolutely no Managerial experience in the senior professional game .
Undeterred he is appointed in a like capacity by a rival club who see some merit in his experience . After 14 games he has 8 wins , 3 draws and 3 defeats ( two of those defeats by a single goal to Leeds and Brentford) . 27 points out of a possible 45 which statistically puts him in the top two performing Managers in the Championship, since his appointment in mid October 2019.
Symptomatic of the chaos which prevails in this Club !!!!
In what other business would this happen ? on 09:01 - Jan 4 with 4079 views34dfgdf54

Because Mark Bowen’s a complete c*ck who hates us more than Coops old man.
In what other business would this happen ? on 09:02 - Jan 4 with 4079 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who's that Franco?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

In what other business would this happen ? on 09:17 - Jan 4 with 4044 views34dfgdf54

In what other business would this happen ? on 09:02 - Jan 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Who's that Franco?

Mark Bowen
In what other business would this happen ? on 09:27 - Jan 4 with 4007 viewsWarwickHunt

In what other business would this happen ? on 09:17 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Mark Bowen

Mark “Dinosaur” Bowen to give him his full name.

Surprised he even got an interview.
In what other business would this happen ? on 09:38 - Jan 4 with 3983 viewsswancity

If he shares Mark Hughes football philosophy then it’s right that he was overlooked.

But good luck to him.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

In what other business would this happen ? on 09:47 - Jan 4 with 3965 viewsjack247

This club has made a catalogue of errors since the current owners took charge. Not appointing Mark Bowen isn’t one of them.
In what other business would this happen ? on 09:56 - Jan 4 with 3945 viewsNotLoyal

Mark Bowen, no.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

In what other business would this happen ? on 10:22 - Jan 4 with 3904 viewsCooperman

Not really.

Those responsible for filling the top jobs will not only consider what’s written on the CV. They will also give great consideration to the long term strategic view of the candidate - does his philosophy match that of the organisation? Unless someone is needed to do a very short term stop gap job (which is not what we needed after the departure of Potter) then the thought process of the both parties have to be aligned. It may also be the case that the remuneration requirements and demands of the candidate mean that they priced themselves out of the market.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

In what other business would this happen ? on 10:33 - Jan 4 with 3872 viewsDewi1jack

In what other business would this happen ? on 09:27 - Jan 4 by WarwickHunt

Mark “Dinosaur” Bowen to give him his full name.

Surprised he even got an interview.

He's that slow going forward, it was probably an invite from the Brad Bobley round of interviews

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

In what other business would this happen ? on 12:31 - Jan 4 with 3763 viewsfrancos16

In what other business would this happen ? on 10:33 - Jan 4 by Dewi1jack

He's that slow going forward, it was probably an invite from the Brad Bobley round of interviews

Yes he’s the same ‘ Dinosaur’ or ‘ c##t’ who has accumulated 7 more points with one less game over the same period of time as our talisman Cooper
In what other business would this happen ? on 12:34 - Jan 4 with 3745 viewsWarwickHunt

In what other business would this happen ? on 12:31 - Jan 4 by francos16

Yes he’s the same ‘ Dinosaur’ or ‘ c##t’ who has accumulated 7 more points with one less game over the same period of time as our talisman Cooper

You may as well appoint Warnock.

Are you related to Bowen?
In what other business would this happen ? on 12:44 - Jan 4 with 3722 viewsjack247

In what other business would this happen ? on 12:31 - Jan 4 by francos16

Who is claiming Cooper is a talisman? He’s underwhelming.

I’d rather him than Hughes’ protege though.
In what other business would this happen ? on 13:02 - Jan 4 with 3680 viewsDewi1jack

In what other business would this happen ? on 12:44 - Jan 4 by jack247

This.

Francos seems to think I rate Cooper.
Just really don't want a hoofball merchant here.
Things are bad enough now

Can only see Bowen as a 2 type manager
Plan A- kick the skin off it
Plan B- Kick it harder

Think I really would prefer Colin to come out of retirement and manage us if we're going to go down that route
Or Harry n his pup
Or Allardyce

Or really a traffic cone to that lot

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

In what other business would this happen ? on 13:02 - Jan 4 with 3680 viewsBadlands

Every business and company (40+) I've had dealings with has had similar dealings when appointing senior staff - and the same has happened to me.
Applications received.
Sifted for interviews. (Informed ahead of time that they would only be contacted if invited for interview by a certain date).
Interview and reject all but one.
Unsuccessful candidates often told ahead of interview they would be contacted if successful (with date given) or if there was to be a second interview. Usually, we'll be in touch was code for, 'Tham you bt no thank you.'
Bowen's success or otherwise since October could not have been predicted in April!
His only offer of a management job had been Reading which, because he was already on the payroll, he helped draw up the shortlist!

While I'm not a fan of Cooper I can see exactly why he would have bee chosen over Bowen.
1) He's not Mark Bowen.
2) He's been a successful manager (winning a World Cup all be it at an age group level).
3) He's been a successful manager something Bowen hadn't (followed Hughes around and sacked when Hughes left clubs)
4) Given the age of the squad we were likely to have and hope academy players would step up, Cooper had experience of heading the Liverpool academy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

In what other business would this happen ? on 13:26 - Jan 4 with 3624 viewsfrancos16

In what other business would this happen ? on 13:02 - Jan 4 by Badlands

Every business and company (40+) I've had dealings with has had similar dealings when appointing senior staff - and the same has happened to me.
Applications received.
Sifted for interviews. (Informed ahead of time that they would only be contacted if invited for interview by a certain date).
Interview and reject all but one.
Unsuccessful candidates often told ahead of interview they would be contacted if successful (with date given) or if there was to be a second interview. Usually, we'll be in touch was code for, 'Tham you bt no thank you.'
Bowen's success or otherwise since October could not have been predicted in April!
His only offer of a management job had been Reading which, because he was already on the payroll, he helped draw up the shortlist!

While I'm not a fan of Cooper I can see exactly why he would have bee chosen over Bowen.
1) He's not Mark Bowen.
2) He's been a successful manager (winning a World Cup all be it at an age group level).
3) He's been a successful manager something Bowen hadn't (followed Hughes around and sacked when Hughes left clubs)
4) Given the age of the squad we were likely to have and hope academy players would step up, Cooper had experience of heading the Liverpool academy.

I suggest you try the red button next time there is coverage on Sky and tune in . Reading are anything but a ‘long ball / back to front ‘ side . QPR , Preston and high flying Fulham on their own
patch might just testify to that ! All three came away with zero points
In what other business would this happen ? on 13:51 - Jan 4 with 3589 viewsBadlands

In what other business would this happen ? on 13:26 - Jan 4 by francos16

I suggest you try the red button next time there is coverage on Sky and tune in . Reading are anything but a ‘long ball / back to front ‘ side . QPR , Preston and high flying Fulham on their own

Didn't mention long ball!
But I attend games rather than pay Murdoch to watch my team.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

In what other business would this happen ? on 16:03 - Jan 4 with 3478 viewsfrancos16

Well I cannot afford either ........ but then’ streaming box ‘ certainly reduces the outlay
In what other business would this happen ? on 20:30 - Jan 4 with 3323 viewsvetchonian

In what other business would this happen ? on 13:26 - Jan 4 by francos16

You are obviously a relative otherwise how would you know ge was even interviewed.....consider this his salary expectations may have been higher than the club was prepared to pay for an unproven manager......in fact a number 2 who has been sacked several times

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

In what other business would this happen ? on 20:39 - Jan 4 with 3290 viewstheloneranger

In what other business would this happen ? on 20:30 - Jan 4 by vetchonian

You are obviously a relative otherwise how would you know ge was even interviewed.....consider this his salary expectations may have been higher than the club was prepared to pay for an unproven manager......in fact a number 2 who has been sacked several times

He didn't have to look far!! ...

"From Neath, he was a Swans fan from a young age, watching the team from the Vetch terraces before leaving south Wales to join Tottenham at the age of 15. He is thought to have seen this as the ideal opportunity to come home and manage his local team."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-close-en

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

In what other business would this happen ? on 20:46 - Jan 4 with 3278 viewsDr_Winston

Can you imagine us being managed by someone that closely associated with a throbber like Mark Hughes?

No thanks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

In what other business would this happen ? on 20:46 - Jan 4 with 3275 viewsfrancos16

In what other business would this happen ? on 20:30 - Jan 4 by vetchonian

Related , how on earth did you get to that conclusion ???? For the record my Great Granddaughter is a friend of his niece who lives in West Cross !!!!!
I have never met the gent ,but I do have an avid interest in all matters pertaining to
the Club that I have supported for over 50 years.
I expressed an opinion based on the information I acquired . That is all
In what other business would this happen ? on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 3190 viewsvetchonian

In what other business would this happen ? on 20:46 - Jan 4 by francos16

Related , how on earth did you get to that conclusion ???? For the record my Great Granddaughter is a friend of his niece who lives in West Cross !!!!!
I have never met the gent ,but I do have an avid interest in all matters pertaining to
the Club that I have supported for over 50 years.
I expressed an opinion based on the information I acquired . That is all

But your expression of opinion was subjective as opposed to objective.
Many businesses overlook apparently "more experienced " candidates due to the salary they maybe expecting or that the "experience " may mean the candidate is stuck in a mould without new ideas

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

In what other business would this happen ? on 21:42 - Jan 4 with 3154 viewsSwanjaxs

Perhaps Bowen asked for cast iron assurances that funds would be made available for squad strengthening...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

In what other business would this happen ? on 21:46 - Jan 4 with 3144 viewsTNT

In what other business would this happen ? on 12:44 - Jan 4 by jack247

We have more points now, after 26 games, than we did last season, after 28 games, and are two positions higher.

There's room for much improvement, without doubt, but we were always going to have a cheap, inexperienced manager who will make mistakes, hopefully learn, and get better.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

In what other business would this happen ? on 22:32 - Jan 4 with 3073 viewsfrancos16

In what other business would this happen ? on 21:46 - Jan 4 by TNT

We have more points now, after 26 games, than we did last season, after 28 games, and are two positions higher.

There's room for much improvement, without doubt, but we were always going to have a cheap, inexperienced manager who will make mistakes, hopefully learn, and get better.

I remain eternally grateful therefore that the democratic society I and others of my particular fought for , still allows opinions of whatever perceived nature
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024