Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of the FA cup 12:04 - Jan 4 with 2880 viewsMrSwerve

Does anyone care anymore? I think there’s one match live on BBC (Liverpool v Everton) and the rest is behind a paywall (BT sport). Falling attendances and most teams inside the top two divisions putting out second string sides.

No excitement about these FA cup weekends anymore. Leeds v Arsenal on Monday night.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The death of the FA cup on 12:25 - Jan 4 with 1565 viewsCooperman

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle right now and to say that the crowd are not bothered or excited would be wrong.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The death of the FA cup on 12:33 - Jan 4 with 1550 viewsdickythorpe

It's all about league positions now and the money attached.
Who cares if you get knocked out by a minnow one week and then beat a world renowned team later on in your respective league?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 12:34]
The death of the FA cup on 12:49 - Jan 4 with 1527 viewsjack247

The death of the FA cup on 12:25 - Jan 4 by Cooperman

I’m watching Rochdale v Newcastle right now and to say that the crowd are not bothered or excited would be wrong.

They wouldn’t give a toss about it if they were playing Hartlepool. Unfortunately, it has lost its value and no one really cares until the quarter finals, bar lower league sides who get a good draw.
The death of the FA cup on 13:31 - Jan 4 with 1458 viewsstevethejack

Monday - Arsenal v Leeds, BBC 1
The death of the FA cup on 13:35 - Jan 4 with 1450 viewsmonmouth

No, I don't care anymore. I won't even shrug my shoulders tomorrow at a bad result. That makes me quite sad, as I loved FA cup days as a kid, but that's how I feel about it now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The death of the FA cup on 13:44 - Jan 4 with 1438 viewsMrSwerve

While we’re at it...having the semi-finals at Wembley. Scandalous.

The death of the FA cup on 13:55 - Jan 4 with 1420 viewsTimTtam

I watched most of the first half of Rochdale v Newcastle. There is a stream of every match if you know where to look (LMI Sports hint hint). As would be the case with most one-sided machups, it looks impossible that the underdog will win, but you never know. Rochdale were battered but are only 0-1 down.

AFC Wimbledon beat West Ham 4-2 last tournament. The 'magic of the Cup' is really what makes it interesting. Once the big 6 enter the quarters/semis, it's uninteresting. Although had Sterling not dived, and Millwall not choked a 2-0 lead with 5 minutes left, it could've been Swansea v Millwall semi at Wembly

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The death of the FA cup on 13:58 - Jan 4 with 1410 viewsCatullus

The death of the FA cup on 13:44 - Jan 4 by MrSwerve

While we’re at it...having the semi-finals at Wembley. Scandalous.

Rhat was just another act of vandalism, taking away part of the magic.

Truth is the top 6 sides don't care about anything if it's not EPlL or Champions league, possibly world club cup thingy too. The owners look to see where the most potential earnings are, the FA and Carabao cups aren't up there.

Listening to various managers over the last 10 years, they'd reduce the EPL season to 34 games and have a 2 week winter break just so they could jet off abroad to play money spinning games in emerging markets.
Football (for the cloistered few) is not about the competition but purely about where they can make the most money which then ends up in ever more surreal wage rises for the top players.
I used to love the FA cup too, my mates would get together around a radio to listen to the live draw dreaming of a trip to Old Trafford or Highbury. That magic is long gone for many of us, it seems.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The death of the FA cup on 13:59 - Jan 4 with 1410 viewsairedale

The death of the FA cup on 12:25 - Jan 4 by Cooperman

The Robbie Savage song was especially enjoyable.
The death of the FA cup on 14:01 - Jan 4 with 1406 viewsMrSwerve

The death of the FA cup on 13:35 - Jan 4 by monmouth

No, I don't care anymore. I won't even shrug my shoulders tomorrow at a bad result. That makes me quite sad, as I loved FA cup days as a kid, but that's how I feel about it now.

Indeed, I couldn’t care less.

Obviously given the choice, I’d want a Swans win...but a crappy 2-0 loss and I won’t be bothered. It would be nice to avoid a tonking like Cardiff did though.

The death of the FA cup on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 1382 viewsairedale

The death of the FA cup on 14:01 - Jan 4 by MrSwerve

Indeed, I couldn’t care less.

Obviously given the choice, I’d want a Swans win...but a crappy 2-0 loss and I won’t be bothered. It would be nice to avoid a tonking like Cardiff did though.

Cardiff didn’t avoid a tonking though Swerve, it ran over them like a pantechnican.
The death of the FA cup on 14:11 - Jan 4 with 1378 viewsairedale

This game boiling away nicely now.
The death of the FA cup on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 1373 viewsMrSwerve

The death of the FA cup on 14:10 - Jan 4 by airedale

Cardiff didn’t avoid a tonking though Swerve, it ran over them like a pantechnican.

Fair point...my post was poorly worded.

The death of the FA cup on 14:20 - Jan 4 with 1363 viewsMrSwerve

The death of the FA cup on 13:58 - Jan 4 by Catullus

Rhat was just another act of vandalism, taking away part of the magic.

Truth is the top 6 sides don't care about anything if it's not EPlL or Champions league, possibly world club cup thingy too. The owners look to see where the most potential earnings are, the FA and Carabao cups aren't up there.

Listening to various managers over the last 10 years, they'd reduce the EPL season to 34 games and have a 2 week winter break just so they could jet off abroad to play money spinning games in emerging markets.
Football (for the cloistered few) is not about the competition but purely about where they can make the most money which then ends up in ever more surreal wage rises for the top players.
I used to love the FA cup too, my mates would get together around a radio to listen to the live draw dreaming of a trip to Old Trafford or Highbury. That magic is long gone for many of us, it seems.

I guess we’ve also been spoilt over the last 10 years with PL fixtures.

15 years ago I would have shat myself if we drew Man Utd at Old Trafford. Now it would be a bit ‘meh’.

The death of the FA cup on 14:53 - Jan 4 with 1317 viewsexiledclaseboy

Two games per round on the BBC.

Three easy fixes to at least partially restore the FA Cup.

Give the winner a Champions League space, or a play off for one against whoever finishes fourth in the Premier League.

Move the final back to 3pm.

Move the semis away from Wembley.

Poll: Tory leader

The death of the FA cup on 15:14 - Jan 4 with 1293 viewsstevethejack

Scum 1-0 down to Carlisle.

Magic of the FA Cup
The death of the FA cup on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 1253 viewsQJumpingJack

The FA Cup will no longer be behind a pay from season 2021/22.

FA Cup semis are at Wembley to pay for the stadium.

Commercial broadcasters prefer a peak-time kick off slot for the FA Cup Final. Advertisers pay more for a 5.30pm kick off than 3pm.
The death of the FA cup on 15:31 - Jan 4 with 1244 viewsWhiterockin

The death of the FA cup on 15:14 - Jan 4 by stevethejack

Magic of the FA Cup

Please, please let it happen.
The death of the FA cup on 15:32 - Jan 4 with 1242 viewsexiledclaseboy

The death of the FA cup on 15:29 - Jan 4 by QJumpingJack

The FA Cup will no longer be behind a pay from season 2021/22.

FA Cup semis are at Wembley to pay for the stadium.

Commercial broadcasters prefer a peak-time kick off slot for the FA Cup Final. Advertisers pay more for a 5.30pm kick off than 3pm.

Yeah but the problem with the new TV deal from 2021 is that ITV get to show some games and they should be legally disbarred from covering sport on account of them being absolute shit at it.

Poll: Tory leader

The death of the FA cup on 15:39 - Jan 4 with 1223 viewsSwanjaxs

Magic of the FA Cup

Only lower half section of one stand in use for our big brothers down the road today...

And that is only 1/2 full 🙈
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 15:47]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The death of the FA cup on 15:50 - Jan 4 with 1173 viewsairedale

Magic of the FA Cup

0-2 now, stadium is a quarter full and looks like being a record low attendance.
The death of the FA cup on 15:51 - Jan 4 with 1165 viewsstevethejack

The death of the FA cup on 15:31 - Jan 4 by Whiterockin

Please, please let it happen.

0-2 now

The death of the FA cup on 15:51 - Jan 4 with 1160 viewsMrSwerve

The death of the FA cup on 15:50 - Jan 4 by airedale

0-2 now, stadium is a quarter full and looks like being a record low attendance.

The FA cup is brilliant. I take it all back.

The death of the FA cup on 15:53 - Jan 4 with 1141 viewsSwanjaxs

The death of the FA cup on 15:50 - Jan 4 by airedale

Nowhere near a quarter full.

6,000 max .

Roundly booed off at half time too 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The death of the FA cup😂 on 15:53 - Jan 4 with 1141 viewslonglostjack

The death of the FA cup on 15:51 - Jan 4 by MrSwerve

The FA cup is brilliant. I take it all back.

😂

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024