Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour Party 15:16 - Jan 5 with 19611 viewsPegojack

I watched the Andrew Marr Show this morning from beginning to end and, as a lifelong Labour Party voter and supporter, I have to say I was moderately encouraged.
The election defeat was about as devastating a kicking as a political party can sustain but, and it's a big but, if the party has learned the lesson and has the good sense to choose Kier Starmer as leader, with maybe Jess Philips or Lisa Tandy as deputy, the next five years could be very interesting.
Dominic Raab did nothing to assuage my opinion that he's an incompetent idiot way out of his depth, and I think he's indicative of the general level of incompetence in Boris's cabinet. I think Starmer's clinical and incisive lawyer's mind will make mincemeat of the Eton windbag and his collection of disfunctional idiots. If they can clear out all vestiges of Corbynism and keep chipping away at Boris as the disaster of five years of unchecked extreme right wing Toryism unfolds, I see a promising future for Labour.
What do you think, chaps and chapesses? Always interested in particular in the balanced opinions of Kerouac, Jango and the Symonds Yat village idiot.
The Labour Party on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 2019 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Labour Party on 19:13 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

"brexshitters"

As I said, learned absolutely f*ck all...still a party of childish name callers.

Yeah the stupid remoaners.

Poll: Tory leader

The Labour Party on 19:28 - Jan 5 with 1992 viewsmonmouth

The Labour Party on 19:13 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

"brexshitters"

As I said, learned absolutely f*ck all...still a party of childish name callers.

Ignored the fact I used bothderogatory terms then. Colour me surprised. It's over. The only thingthat is left is the cosequence, good or bad. Own it, and stop trying to deflect by conjouring up phantoms about what any politician believed before. It is irrelevant. They have every right to critisise the outcomes and performance of the decision that you won, or to argue that it was right or wrong. Own it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Labour Party on 19:31 - Jan 5 with 1983 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 19:16 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah the stupid remoaners.

F*ck me you're calling yourself names now.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Labour Party on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 1966 viewsLeonWasGod

The Labour Party on 17:42 - Jan 5 by Best_loser

Momentum might concede starmer is the best chance of winning the next election

Then stab him in the back and put in one of their own when he is PM

That's how they operate

They don’t seem to think of the bigger picture though. It seems to be all about fighting the big fight and all that revolutionary bollox (whilst hiding behind the traditional structures they’re supposed to be revolting against).

So although your second point is believable, I can’t imagine them getting that far.
The Labour Party on 19:46 - Jan 5 with 1949 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 18:29 - Jan 5 by trefelinjack

You are reminding me of a complete remoaner. WE ARE LEAVING THE EU. The discussion should be how we can build trade relations with other countries not why did we leave.

We can either just sit and moan all day long about if brexit was a good thing like what you are doing or we can make best of it.

Christ on a brexit bike

“You need someone who relates to them and argue that brexit can be done better, not that brexit shouldnt take place”

I know you have problems with homophones, it seems you have problems with tenses too.

Brexit belongs to Boris - nothing Labour can say or do this year will make any difference to the outcome, They can, however, make considerable capital out of the ensuing fûck up.

The “wrong Brexit” argument was Corbyn’s. That went well...
The Labour Party on 20:02 - Jan 5 with 1921 viewsLeonWasGod

The Labour Party on 18:51 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

It was a winning manifesto.......for the conservative party.

The manifesto wasn’t the problem; Corbyn and Brexit were.
The Labour Party on 20:29 - Jan 5 with 1896 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 20:02 - Jan 5 by LeonWasGod

The manifesto wasn’t the problem; Corbyn and Brexit were.

You think so ?

Hello

The Labour Party on 21:20 - Jan 5 with 1853 viewsCatullus

Jess Phillips has said she'll argue for rejoining the EU at the next GE whereas Starmer has said now it's time to accept and move on. There's no point arguing over brexit because it is happening.
Starmer already has the edge in my book. We are leaving and that's just a fact, we all have to live with it for better or for worse, hopefully for better.
Now we have to hope Bojo gets a decent deal and we can thrive outside of the EU, Starmer is being pragmatic and saying ok, we'll move on then and fight the next GE when it comes around on what the burning arguments are in 5 years.

Just a quick question, but what if, just IF brexit turns out to be a success, would the remainers on here still be arguing over it in 5 years time?

The future is there to be won. The past is already decided.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The Labour Party on 21:35 - Jan 5 with 1836 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 21:20 - Jan 5 by Catullus

Jess Phillips has said she'll argue for rejoining the EU at the next GE whereas Starmer has said now it's time to accept and move on. There's no point arguing over brexit because it is happening.
Starmer already has the edge in my book. We are leaving and that's just a fact, we all have to live with it for better or for worse, hopefully for better.
Now we have to hope Bojo gets a decent deal and we can thrive outside of the EU, Starmer is being pragmatic and saying ok, we'll move on then and fight the next GE when it comes around on what the burning arguments are in 5 years.

Just a quick question, but what if, just IF brexit turns out to be a success, would the remainers on here still be arguing over it in 5 years time?

Starmer's a lot smarter than Jess Phillips. He's keeping his Brexit powder dry.
The Labour Party on 21:37 - Jan 5 with 1829 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 21:20 - Jan 5 by Catullus

"Just a quick question, but what if, just IF brexit turns out to be a success, would the remainers on here still be arguing over it in 5 years time?"

Of course not

Hello

The Labour Party on 21:48 - Jan 5 with 1811 viewsmajorraglan

The Labour Party on 21:35 - Jan 5 by WarwickHunt

Starmer's a lot smarter than Jess Phillips. He's keeping his Brexit powder dry.

Having just read up on their backgrounds and work experience, defo prefer Starmer.

No point Jess Phillips going on about Brexit, Boris has the numbers and will take things forward. We need an effective opposition to challenge and hold him to account
The Labour Party on 22:00 - Jan 5 with 1797 viewsFlashberryjack

The Labour Party on 21:48 - Jan 5 by majorraglan

Having just read up on their backgrounds and work experience, defo prefer Starmer.

No point Jess Phillips going on about Brexit, Boris has the numbers and will take things forward. We need an effective opposition to challenge and hold him to account

" hold him to account"

For what ?

Hello

The Labour Party on 23:13 - Jan 5 with 1761 viewsmajorraglan

The Labour Party on 22:00 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

" hold him to account"

For what ?

Everything!! Politicians actions and conduct should be scrutinised and they must be held to account.
The Labour Party on 23:21 - Jan 5 with 1750 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 22:00 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

" hold him to account"

For what ?

For the Brexit clusterfûck.

Feel free to bookmark.
The Labour Party on 12:05 - Jan 6 with 1648 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 23:13 - Jan 5 by majorraglan

Everything!! Politicians actions and conduct should be scrutinised and they must be held to account.

But not European politicians, that would be madness.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Labour Party on 12:23 - Jan 6 with 1625 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 12:05 - Jan 6 by Highjack

But not European politicians, that would be madness.

An electorate of 512 million voting in EU elections doesn’t count. Obviously.
The Labour Party on 12:25 - Jan 6 with 1621 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 12:23 - Jan 6 by WarwickHunt

An electorate of 512 million voting in EU elections doesn’t count. Obviously.

A grand total of 0% of that electorate votes for the commission.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Labour Party on 12:25 - Jan 6 with 1621 viewsPapaLazarou

Not sure it would be possible for any of the candidates running for leadership to be given the deputy leadership.

If it's run like it was in 2015 then the two leadership elections will run side by side, and the members get to vote on both. So whilst Jess Phillips may have a very high opinion of herself, I don't think even she thinks she could run for both posts at the same time...

All will be clarified today though.
The Labour Party on 12:35 - Jan 6 with 1606 viewslondonlisa2001

The Labour Party on 12:25 - Jan 6 by Highjack

When are you voting for the collection of weirdos and misfits that Cummings is gathering to run this country then?

Cummings has been in charge of the country for months now. Haven’t noticed you moaning.
The Labour Party on 13:25 - Jan 6 with 1578 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 12:35 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

When are you voting for the collection of weirdos and misfits that Cummings is gathering to run this country then?

Cummings has been in charge of the country for months now. Haven’t noticed you moaning.

I started a thread just the other day taking the piss out of him. You posted on it.

I’ve long advocated reform and more accountability in Westminster and the Senedd to come to think of it.

The Labour Party on 13:34 - Jan 6 with 1571 viewslondonlisa2001

The Labour Party on 13:25 - Jan 6 by Highjack

I started a thread just the other day taking the piss out of him. You posted on it.

I’ve long advocated reform and more accountability in Westminster and the Senedd to come to think of it.

You took the piss. Didn’t say anything about unelected people running the country.

But I agree with you on reform.
The Labour Party on 13:37 - Jan 6 with 1568 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 12:25 - Jan 6 by Highjack

A bit like Boris's Cabinet then, only considerably more "democratic".

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/faq/8/how-are-the-commission-president-an
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 13:40]
The Labour Party on 13:59 - Jan 6 with 1553 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 13:34 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

You took the piss. Didn’t say anything about unelected people running the country.

But I agree with you on reform.

You’re always going to get it to a certain degree though. You can’t stick MP’s in a bubble and say you can’t take advice of anyone for five years. We know Campbell was very influential with Blair, Robbins with May, then you chuck in Lansman, Momentum, the NEC, Trade Unions etc. And suddenly you have a cacophony of unelected voices screaming from all different directions.

What needs to happen is those MPs who take that advice are accountable and stand or fall on their decisions. In the last few years Cameron has fallen, May has fallen, Swinson, Corbyn, Soubry etc all gone or going because of their strategy or the advice they’ve taken and their position becomes untenable. When have we ever seen a commissioner or even MEP fall or resign because of political failure, criticism or bad behaviour? I don’t know the answer but it’s rare. Its a job for life in that place.

The Labour Party on 14:09 - Jan 6 with 1551 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 13:37 - Jan 6 by WarwickHunt

A bit like Boris's Cabinet then, only considerably more "democratic".

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/faq/8/how-are-the-commission-president-an
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 13:40]

I agree. Our system is also shit.

The Labour Party on 14:12 - Jan 6 with 1549 viewsHighjack

Anyway I’ve driven the thread a bit off topic now. Apologies I will get it back on track.

Jess Phillips is shit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024