Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour Party 15:16 - Jan 5 with 19646 viewsPegojack

I watched the Andrew Marr Show this morning from beginning to end and, as a lifelong Labour Party voter and supporter, I have to say I was moderately encouraged.
The election defeat was about as devastating a kicking as a political party can sustain but, and it's a big but, if the party has learned the lesson and has the good sense to choose Kier Starmer as leader, with maybe Jess Philips or Lisa Tandy as deputy, the next five years could be very interesting.
Dominic Raab did nothing to assuage my opinion that he's an incompetent idiot way out of his depth, and I think he's indicative of the general level of incompetence in Boris's cabinet. I think Starmer's clinical and incisive lawyer's mind will make mincemeat of the Eton windbag and his collection of disfunctional idiots. If they can clear out all vestiges of Corbynism and keep chipping away at Boris as the disaster of five years of unchecked extreme right wing Toryism unfolds, I see a promising future for Labour.
What do you think, chaps and chapesses? Always interested in particular in the balanced opinions of Kerouac, Jango and the Symonds Yat village idiot.
The Labour Party on 21:02 - Jan 6 with 2238 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Labour Party on 20:59 - Jan 6 by Lohengrin

*sniffs haughtily*

You’ll enjoy this brief entry on RationalWiki for QED.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quod_erat_demonstrandum

Poll: Tory leader

The Labour Party on 21:12 - Jan 6 with 2210 viewsLohengrin

The Labour Party on 21:02 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

You’ll enjoy this brief entry on RationalWiki for QED.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quod_erat_demonstrandum

A short read but it made me chuckle as I polished my monocle and relit my pipe.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Labour Party on 21:13 - Jan 6 with 2201 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 19:43 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t agree with that. None of Starmer, Phillips or Nandy can be remotely or sensibly described as continuity Corbyn acolytes. You could easily level that accusation at Long-Bailey, Lewis and (although to a lesser extent) Thornberry though.

They’re all sneery types who would rather dismiss their target audience as thick, homophobic, fascist, white, male and racist than to actually try to connect with them.

They may not be continuity Corbyn, they might tune down the Jew baiting a bit but they are all the walking talking archetypal embodiment of the values of the staggeringly impotent Labour Party of the last few years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Labour Party on 21:24 - Jan 6 with 2197 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Labour Party on 21:13 - Jan 6 by Highjack

They’re all sneery types who would rather dismiss their target audience as thick, homophobic, fascist, white, male and racist than to actually try to connect with them.

They may not be continuity Corbyn, they might tune down the Jew baiting a bit but they are all the walking talking archetypal embodiment of the values of the staggeringly impotent Labour Party of the last few years.

That first paragraph is nonsense I’m afraid. The second only slightly less so.

You thick, homophobic, fascist, white, male racist.*

*joke. Obviously. But just in case.

The Labour Party on 21:25 - Jan 6 with 2194 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Labour Party on 21:12 - Jan 6 by Lohengrin

A short read but it made me chuckle as I polished my monocle and relit my pipe.

I love that site. They style is suitably sneering enough for my tastes.

The Labour Party on 21:31 - Jan 6 with 2180 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 21:25 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

I love that site. They style is suitably sneering enough for my tastes.

They lost me at “Due to...”.

Shocking stuff.
The Labour Party on 00:59 - Jan 7 with 2115 viewsDJack

The Labour Party on 20:52 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

I bought Tin Machine’s album. It was crap.

I thought it was ok...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Labour Party on 08:16 - Jan 7 with 2082 viewsLeonWasGod

The Labour Party on 21:13 - Jan 6 by Highjack

It sounds like you’re saying they need people like Corbyn then, as the current leadership put forward a manifesto aimed squarely at the vast majority of working people in the UK and didn’t look down on the at all.
Login to get fewer ads

The Labour Party on 09:31 - Jan 7 with 2053 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 08:16 - Jan 7 by LeonWasGod

It sounds like you’re saying they need people like Corbyn then, as the current leadership put forward a manifesto aimed squarely at the vast majority of working people in the UK and didn’t look down on the at all.

Only in the sense that they’d believe it.

Starmer + Phillips or Nandy as deputy would be a good start. Will probably be the couple of Coronation Street extras though and Corbynism with tits.
The Labour Party on 10:52 - Jan 7 with 2028 viewsmonmouth

The Labour Party on 09:31 - Jan 7 by WarwickHunt

Only in the sense that they’d believe it.

Starmer + Phillips or Nandy as deputy would be a good start. Will probably be the couple of Coronation Street extras though and Corbynism with tits.

Corbynism already had a tit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Labour Party on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 1981 viewsadthejack

For anyone who might be interested in who the Gower MP is endorsing

The Labour Party on 17:41 - Jan 7 with 1971 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 17:35 - Jan 7 by adthejack

For anyone who might be interested in who the Gower MP is endorsing

Jess Phillips would be beyond hilarious.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Labour Party on 18:24 - Jan 7 with 1949 viewsLohengrin

I’m bitterly disappointed reports of David Lammy throwing his hat into the ring proved to be false. I’d have happily forked out the twenty five quid to have voted for him...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Labour Party on 19:06 - Jan 7 with 1931 viewstheloneranger

So Rebecca Long Bailey has also thrown her hat into the ring, and reckons ... Voters didn't reject Labour's policies, but there was a "failure of campaign strategy and the "lack of a coherent narrative".

I can see a new film coming out soon ...

"Carry On Corbyn"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Labour Party on 19:11 - Jan 7 with 1919 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Labour Party on 17:41 - Jan 7 by Highjack

Jess Phillips would be beyond hilarious.

I like Jess Phillips but i can’t see her as leadership material. A front bench attack dog role would be ideal for her.

The Labour Party on 19:16 - Jan 7 with 1911 viewslondonlisa2001

The Labour Party on 19:11 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I like Jess Phillips but i can’t see her as leadership material. A front bench attack dog role would be ideal for her.

Agree.

If they have any sense (which doesn’t look massively likely) it’ll be Starmer.

And if it is, one has to wonder why they didn’t do it 6 months ago and get a landslide...
The Labour Party on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1905 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Labour Party on 19:16 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

Agree.

And if it is, one has to wonder why they didn’t do it 6 months ago and get a landslide...

The only poll of labour members taken so far had Starmer winning with over 60% of the vote. Although I’d imagine that poll being even less reliable than normal polls given the convoluted nature of the system, the volatile electorate and the ludicrous “registered supporter” system which leaves everything way open to entryism and influence. Still think it’ll be Long-Bailey. And she’s not made a good start.

The Labour Party on 21:46 - Jan 7 with 1855 viewswaynekerr55

I'm no fan of Ankles Peston, but

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Labour Party on 21:48 - Jan 7 with 1848 viewswaynekerr55

The Labour Party on 19:16 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

Agree.

Because they're so deluded in their Novara media echo chambers they genuinely thought Uncle Jez would win...

The Labour Party on 21:49 - Jan 7 with 1846 viewswaynekerr55

The Labour Party on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

The only poll of labour members taken so far had Starmer winning with over 60% of the vote. Although I’d imagine that poll being even less reliable than normal polls given the convoluted nature of the system, the volatile electorate and the ludicrous “registered supporter” system which leaves everything way open to entryism and influence. Still think it’ll be Long-Bailey. And she’s not made a good start.

Is she really in with a chance? Jesus H Christ (other religions available)

The Labour Party on 21:52 - Jan 7 with 1835 viewsmajorraglan

The Labour Party on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

It’s radio rental, the public showed what they thought at the last GE and Labour got a kicking, they carry on with more of the same and it’s going to be the same exult next time. They need to shift to the centre ground or they have had it, end of.
The Labour Party on 08:36 - Jan 8 with 1784 viewsBest_loser

Long Bailey blaming the media for the election disaster

She can't be next leader surely
The Labour Party on 09:40 - Jan 8 with 1760 viewsBanosswan

The Labour Party on 08:36 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

Long Bailey blaming the media for the election disaster

She can't be next leader surely

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Labour Party on 12:08 - Jan 8 with 1735 viewsLeonWasGod

The Labour Party on 21:48 - Jan 7 by waynekerr55

Because they're so deluded in their Novara media echo chambers they genuinely thought Uncle Jez would win...

Innit. It shows what a mess they're in when this statement by Antonia stands out a mile.

"We need to be honest with ourselves as we analyse where we went wrong".

Not the sort of thing I expect to hear coming out of Labour these days.
The Labour Party on 12:20 - Jan 8 with 1728 viewsPapaLazarou

The Labour Party on 19:11 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Has anyone ever heard Jess Phillips talk about policy?

Strikes me as being all about "ME, ME, ME" - probably setting herself up for a decent performance (albeit a losing one) in this leadership contest so that she can exit the scene ina
few years and continue to enjoy the life and salary she does in politics, outside of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024