Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour Party 15:16 - Jan 5 with 19627 viewsPegojack

I watched the Andrew Marr Show this morning from beginning to end and, as a lifelong Labour Party voter and supporter, I have to say I was moderately encouraged.
The election defeat was about as devastating a kicking as a political party can sustain but, and it's a big but, if the party has learned the lesson and has the good sense to choose Kier Starmer as leader, with maybe Jess Philips or Lisa Tandy as deputy, the next five years could be very interesting.
Dominic Raab did nothing to assuage my opinion that he's an incompetent idiot way out of his depth, and I think he's indicative of the general level of incompetence in Boris's cabinet. I think Starmer's clinical and incisive lawyer's mind will make mincemeat of the Eton windbag and his collection of disfunctional idiots. If they can clear out all vestiges of Corbynism and keep chipping away at Boris as the disaster of five years of unchecked extreme right wing Toryism unfolds, I see a promising future for Labour.
What do you think, chaps and chapesses? Always interested in particular in the balanced opinions of Kerouac, Jango and the Symonds Yat village idiot.
The Labour Party on 07:57 - Jan 16 with 1519 viewswaynekerr55

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/15/johnson-left-spoiling-for-fight

Already the opposition benches are barely half-full for what used to be a guaranteed sell-out gig. Give it another couple of months and the place will be completely empty as more and more Labour MPs are advised by their therapists to stay away in order to avoid making their PTSD any worse. Their mental health is on that much of a delicate knife-edge. Of the five leadership candidates, only the ever loyal and nominatively confused Rebecca Long-Bailey was in the chamber. And presumably only then to learn how not to do PMQs.

Hard to believe, but there were times in the previous parliament when Corbyn could almost hold his own at PMQs. Especially against Theresa May. Then it was an almost equal contest between two normally docile cockapoos half-heartedly growling at one another over a cuddly toy.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Labour Party on 08:31 - Jan 16 with 1499 viewsPegojack

I see that Momentum, in their usual Stalinist way, polled their 40,000 members on the leadership question, but instead of asking them which of the five candidates they prefer, they were simply asked "Wrong-Daily, yes or no?" and they were only given 48 hours to reply. In other words, the choice is my way or the highway.

They have learned nothing. They are hurtling down the blind alley, oblivious.

I had hoped the Labour Party had finally come to its senses, but it's going to be a very close run thing. If Starmer does win, the first thing he needs to do is ban Momentum. There's no room for a party within a party. It'll be his 'Militant' moment.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 8:32]
The Labour Party on 09:03 - Jan 16 with 1489 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Labour Party on 08:31 - Jan 16 by Pegojack

I see that Momentum, in their usual Stalinist way, polled their 40,000 members on the leadership question, but instead of asking them which of the five candidates they prefer, they were simply asked "Wrong-Daily, yes or no?" and they were only given 48 hours to reply. In other words, the choice is my way or the highway.

I had hoped the Labour Party had finally come to its senses, but it's going to be a very close run thing. If Starmer does win, the first thing he needs to do is ban Momentum. There's no room for a party within a party. It'll be his 'Militant' moment.

With Momentum having a strong presence in Labour Long Bailey will be pushed through, it's difficult to see another outcome right now.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Labour Party on 09:18 - Jan 16 with 1482 viewsWarwickHunt

If Wrong-Daily becomes leader (Burgon as deputy - fûck my eyes!) then the Labour Party is finished.

If a centre/centre left party/coalition emerges it will be a blessing and McCluskey, Milne, Lansman, Corbyn & Co. can be consigned to the shitheap of fantasy sixth form politics where they’ve always belonged.
The Labour Party on 09:19 - Jan 16 with 1482 viewsCatullus

It's thier big issue and we saw it on here with people so fixated on Corbyn, they were convinced he would win and when he didn't anyone who spoke against him was abused. They couldn't see what was right in front of them. When Labour voters will vote Tory, not because they disagree with the policies but more because they just cannot vote for the leader, putting a Corbynist apprentice in is not the answer.

Bojo must be planning a celebration party for if Long-Bailey wins.

I can go back 3/4/5 years, I gave up on social media and deleted accounts because I was fed up of being abused by Corbyn supporters. It wasn't the only reason but it was the last straw. I said, at some point, that Corbyn would never be Prime Minister and the Corbynistas went mad. Scumbag Tory was far from the worst thing I was called, some would not accept that not wanting Corbyn could mean anything other than being a Tory at best and probably a fascist. It was the same on the WoL comments section, rabid Corbynistas trying to shout down opposition. That is Momentum in a nutshell.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Labour Party on 21:23 - Jan 16 with 1428 viewswaynekerr55

The Labour Party on 09:19 - Jan 16 by Catullus

It's thier big issue and we saw it on here with people so fixated on Corbyn, they were convinced he would win and when he didn't anyone who spoke against him was abused. They couldn't see what was right in front of them. When Labour voters will vote Tory, not because they disagree with the policies but more because they just cannot vote for the leader, putting a Corbynist apprentice in is not the answer.

Bojo must be planning a celebration party for if Long-Bailey wins.

I can go back 3/4/5 years, I gave up on social media and deleted accounts because I was fed up of being abused by Corbyn supporters. It wasn't the only reason but it was the last straw. I said, at some point, that Corbyn would never be Prime Minister and the Corbynistas went mad. Scumbag Tory was far from the worst thing I was called, some would not accept that not wanting Corbyn could mean anything other than being a Tory at best and probably a fascist. It was the same on the WoL comments section, rabid Corbynistas trying to shout down opposition. That is Momentum in a nutshell.

Kinder and more gentle...

The Labour Party on 00:48 - Jan 17 with 1403 viewsDJack

Has anyone seen "he's playing a blinder!" oh_tommy_tommy or is the dribbling fool in hiding?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 1:04]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Labour Party on 03:28 - Jan 17 with 1380 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Labour Party on 00:48 - Jan 17 by DJack

Has anyone seen "he's playing a blinder!" oh_tommy_tommy or is the dribbling fool in hiding?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 1:04]

Here I am am lover boy 😘.

He did indeed play a blinder .Then the Labour Party backed the remoaners who thought they all knew better about what people wanted .......but Democracy won the day for the 2nd time of asking , don’t mess with democracy you’ll get stung just like the Labour Party and the amazing Centrists Lib Dem’s .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

The Labour Party on 08:13 - Jan 17 with 1355 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 03:28 - Jan 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

He did indeed play a blinder .Then the Labour Party backed the remoaners who thought they all knew better about what people wanted .......but Democracy won the day for the 2nd time of asking , don’t mess with democracy you’ll get stung just like the Labour Party and the amazing Centrists Lib Dem’s .

Terminally deluded. 😂😂😂
The Labour Party on 09:37 - Jan 17 with 1334 viewsBest_loser

But the may/ Johnson deal is not brexit

If we can't do a deal and exit on wto, that's brexit

That's when you can celebrate

Right now your just looking silly
The Labour Party on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 1307 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Labour Party on 09:37 - Jan 17 by Best_loser

But the may/ Johnson deal is not brexit

If we can't do a deal and exit on wto, that's brexit

That's when you can celebrate

Right now your just looking silly

I’m not celebrating anything

I voted remain

The Labour Party on 11:59 - Jan 17 with 1298 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 11:36 - Jan 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’m not celebrating anything

I voted remain

Enjoy the next five years of a right wing government. If Corbyn MKII becomes leader it'll be another 15.

Comrade.
The Labour Party on 22:24 - Jan 17 with 1261 viewsDJack

Stick to football posting mate as your posts on everything else are risible.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Labour Party on 09:44 - Jan 19 with 1203 viewswaynekerr55

Tommy you're a top poster, but ffs stop drinking the Milne-McClusky potion.

The Labour Party on 09:46 - Jan 19 with 1202 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 09:44 - Jan 19 by waynekerr55

Too late, he’s addicted.

Drunk on perpetual opposition...
The Labour Party on 18:54 - Jan 19 with 1149 viewsFlashberryjack

Democracy isn't always correct, especially so if you don't agree with the result.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Labour Party on 07:32 - Jan 20 with 1094 viewswaynekerr55

The Labour Party on 18:54 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

Democracy isn't always correct, especially so if you don't agree with the result.

On a serious note, the whole "we won the arguments" line is embarrassing. It reinforces the "metropolitan elite" tag as they can waffle shìt on Novarra media as it doesn't matter to them

The Labour Party on 07:47 - Jan 20 with 1089 viewsHighjack

The Labour Party on 07:32 - Jan 20 by waynekerr55

On a serious note, the whole "we won the arguments" line is embarrassing. It reinforces the "metropolitan elite" tag as they can waffle shìt on Novarra media as it doesn't matter to them

Yeah it’s the equivalent of losing 7-0 then saying “we had more possession”.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Labour Party on 08:23 - Jan 20 with 1078 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 07:47 - Jan 20 by Highjack

“We knew they were a big physical team coached by a cunning bastard but we were confident our team of effeminate midgets coached by an idiot would win on the day”.

It appears that the same philosophy may well apply to the re-match in five years time.
Unbelievable,Jeff!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 8:26]
The Labour Party on 10:39 - Jan 20 with 1057 viewsCatullus

The Labour Party on 07:47 - Jan 20 by Highjack

Political arguments are rarely won in any real sense as neither side (no matter the outcome) will admit they are wrong.
Look at Corbyn, took an electoral stuffing but still claimed he'd won the argument and Momentum still think more of the same is what they need.

At least in sport you can say won, lost or drew. Politics is the eternal hodge podge of waffle where promises are meaningless and fact is often closer fiction, like Bojo's 50,000 new nurses.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Labour Party on 10:53 - Jan 20 with 1050 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The only concrete proof that you've won the argument is electoral success.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Labour Party on 12:51 - Jan 20 with 1029 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Thank you

I vote on manifestos and new ideas on how to change the direction of a country ,not on personalities , if Maggie thatcher stood on that manifesto I’d had voted for her .

The Labour Party on 12:54 - Jan 20 with 1027 viewsWarwickHunt

The Labour Party on 12:51 - Jan 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Thank you

I vote on manifestos and new ideas on how to change the direction of a country ,not on personalities , if Maggie thatcher stood on that manifesto I’d had voted for her .

Tom - PM me your bank details, I know a Nigerian prince who's looking for an investor to make rich beyond their wildest dreams...
The Labour Party on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 1022 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Labour Party on 12:54 - Jan 20 by WarwickHunt

Tom - PM me your bank details, I know a Nigerian prince who's looking for an investor to make rich beyond their wildest dreams...

I am already rich beyond my wildest dreams .

The Labour Party on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 1015 viewsHighjack

I had a dream I was in the Maldives with Mark Drakeford, and he was regaling me with tales of when his fiscal competence resulted in a 1.3% growth in the third quarter one year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024