Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... 19:29 - Jan 8 with 2594 viewsSwanjaxs

An interesting read this 👍

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/jan/08/facial-recognition-at-south-w

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:30 - Jan 8 with 1867 viewsBadlands

Why I'm not going and why I no longer go into Cardiff city centre (family live there).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:34 - Jan 8 with 1857 viewsCatullus

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:30 - Jan 8 by Badlands

Why I'm not going and why I no longer go into Cardiff city centre (family live there).

Are you a person of interest then? Otherwise, why?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:41 - Jan 8 with 1835 viewsbennytheblue

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:30 - Jan 8 by Badlands

If you’ve done nothing wrong why worry? Cardiff has more cctv than any other city bar London, never had an issue with it, why would you? So you don’t visit your own family? Rightio
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:57 - Jan 8 with 1812 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Have a look at how the social credit system is developing in China, it gives a few good reasons why this may not be a positive thing.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:01 - Jan 8 with 1802 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ah, the old “if you’ve done nothing wrong you don’t have to worry” gambit. Utterly moronic.

Poll: Tory leader

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 1786 viewsDarran

I bet my face gets all the wpc’s wet.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:12 - Jan 8 with 1768 viewssainthelens

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:06 - Jan 8 by Darran

You dribbled on a few then ?
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:15 - Jan 8 with 1759 viewsDarran

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:12 - Jan 8 by sainthelens

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:30 - Jan 8 with 1721 viewsbennytheblue

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:01 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, the old “if you’ve done nothing wrong you don’t have to worry” gambit. Utterly moronic.

Well they must have seen me already and I appear to be free and happy, don’t tell me, you believe the yanks blew up the twin towers too right
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:49 - Jan 8 with 1687 viewsFireboy2

Yeah crying with laughter😁
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:51 - Jan 8 with 1683 viewsstevethejack

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:12 - Jan 8 by sainthelens

I'm going dressed as Darran to avoid detection

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 21:59]
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 22:20 - Jan 8 with 1630 viewsBadlands

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 21:51 - Jan 8 by stevethejack

I'm going dressed as Darran to avoid detection

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 21:59]

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 22:34 - Jan 8 with 1608 viewsBadlands

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:41 - Jan 8 by bennytheblue

If you’ve done nothing wrong why worry? Cardiff has more cctv than any other city bar London, never had an issue with it, why would you? So you don’t visit your own family? Rightio

It's not CCTV like police video footage doesn't concern me but facial recognition does.

Done nothing wrong so nothing to be concerned about?

'During 55 hours of deployment the system flagged up 2,900 potential matches of which 2,755 were false positives. The police made 18 arrests using the system, but the Cardiff report does not state whether any of the individuals were charged.'
' .... Welsh trial highlighted another challenge for facial recognition: lambs. Not farmyard fugitives but people on the watchlist who happen look like plenty of other people. While scanning the crowds at Welsh rugby matches, the NeoFace system spotted one woman on the South Wales police watch list 10 times. None of them were her.

It later emerged only 3 were charged.
'Last year, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) found that Amazon’s Rekognition software wrongly identified 28 members of Congress as people who had previously been arrested.'

A slightly earlier version I got to use 18 months ago at an IT thing I was working at) picked me out of a random crowd recording, which I wasn't in, 14 times (12 different people) in a few minutes.

Britain is the most surveilled nation on the planet by far and it is getting increasingly worse.
I'll leave it there.

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 1605 viewsbuilthjack

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 22:34 - Jan 8 by Badlands

It's not CCTV like police video footage doesn't concern me but facial recognition does.

Done nothing wrong so nothing to be concerned about?

'During 55 hours of deployment the system flagged up 2,900 potential matches of which 2,755 were false positives. The police made 18 arrests using the system, but the Cardiff report does not state whether any of the individuals were charged.'
' .... Welsh trial highlighted another challenge for facial recognition: lambs. Not farmyard fugitives but people on the watchlist who happen look like plenty of other people. While scanning the crowds at Welsh rugby matches, the NeoFace system spotted one woman on the South Wales police watch list 10 times. None of them were her.

It later emerged only 3 were charged.
'Last year, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) found that Amazon’s Rekognition software wrongly identified 28 members of Congress as people who had previously been arrested.'

A slightly earlier version I got to use 18 months ago at an IT thing I was working at) picked me out of a random crowd recording, which I wasn't in, 14 times (12 different people) in a few minutes.

Britain is the most surveilled nation on the planet by far and it is getting increasingly worse.
I'll leave it there.

I will be wearing my Steve Cooper mask

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 07:57 - Jan 9 with 1503 viewsFireboy2

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 22:37 - Jan 8 by builthjack

I will be wearing my Steve Cooper mask

You always wear it
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 10:47 - Jan 9 with 1422 viewswestside

Does this software work in the nightime/dark?
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 11:30 - Jan 9 with 1388 viewsSwanjaxs

Debating this on Talksport now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 1366 viewsSwanjaxs

So when South Wales Police facial recognition system was audited it proved to be 91% inaccurate...

Lovely 🙈

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 13:45 - Jan 9 with 1288 viewsbennytheblue

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 11:30 - Jan 9 by Swanjaxs

Debating this on Talksport now 👍

The software isn’t up to the job yet it would seem after what they were saying. 2000 false positives but nothing came of it. I’d like to think it will be mainly used for keeping out the jihads with their explosive vests etc.....
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 14:06 - Jan 9 with 1267 viewswestside

Wonder if they'll spot McBurnie
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 14:21 - Jan 9 with 1256 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 11:45 - Jan 9 by Swanjaxs

So when South Wales Police facial recognition system was audited it proved to be 91% inaccurate...

Lovely 🙈

Rediculous this shouldn't be used until 90% or above accurate, no doubt one day there will be some miscarriages of justice due to this new technology!
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 15:15 - Jan 9 with 1191 viewsoldcob

Yeah, they'll p1ss themselves laughing.
Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 16:32 - Jan 9 with 1138 viewsHighjack

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 11:45 - Jan 9 by Swanjaxs

Lovely 🙈

Even the lie detector on the Jeremy Kyle show was more accurate than that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 16:33 - Jan 9 with 1134 viewsHighjack

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 20:41 - Jan 8 by bennytheblue

If that’s the case then you wouldn’t object to the government observing you in your home via a telescreen?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 16:41 - Jan 9 with 1126 viewssainthelens

Facial recognition surveillance on Sunday... on 16:33 - Jan 9 by Highjack

If that’s the case then you wouldn’t object to the government observing you in your home via a telescreen?

Not while Babestation is on tho.!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024