Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Rebuild 17:54 - Jan 9 with 2813 viewsDr_Winston

With more than a dozen players falling out of contract in June, players that are likely to still be on big wages for the most part, it could be a busy close season. Just looking at some of the names there (Baston, Carroll, VdH) you'd have to think that at least £200,000 per week will be coming off the payroll. A lot more if Ayew goes too.

With Leon's recent comments about the club's new recruitment structure primarily targeting the next window (hence us mostly using Cooper's links to add some depth for now), it all seems to suggest that we're just biding our time now ready for a big revamp come the summer.

The last occasion we had so many gaps in our squad was the summer of 2002. Let's hope this time around we're a lot better prepared.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summer Rebuild on 18:22 - Jan 9 with 2273 viewsandrew

Carrol VDH and baston don’t even amount to £150k a week. Nordfelt is on a decent wage and so is dyer and naughton so we’re looking at a good saving of 10/15m wages there.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Summer Rebuild on 18:32 - Jan 9 with 2235 viewslonglostjack

Leon’s comments as a loyal employee need to be taken in context. Personally I don’t see a long term strategy with the Yanks. They’ve got Birch in to make the club attractive to buyers. The ideal situation for them would be for us to get promoted on a shoestring of course but I’d wager they’d sell sooner if a buyer came in with a decent offer. Call me cynical but I doubt that there’s much planning in place for the summer window.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Summer Rebuild on 18:59 - Jan 9 with 2141 viewsDr_Winston

Summer Rebuild on 18:32 - Jan 9 by longlostjack

Leon’s comments as a loyal employee need to be taken in context. Personally I don’t see a long term strategy with the Yanks. They’ve got Birch in to make the club attractive to buyers. The ideal situation for them would be for us to get promoted on a shoestring of course but I’d wager they’d sell sooner if a buyer came in with a decent offer. Call me cynical but I doubt that there’s much planning in place for the summer window.

Leon's comments need to be taken as someone stating the bleedin' obvious.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summer Rebuild on 19:00 - Jan 9 with 2138 viewsDarran

If our club is going to have to go through a rebuild on the player front personally I’m not sure Cooper is the right man to do it.

That’s my opinion and if you disagree that’s fine too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Summer Rebuild on 19:05 - Jan 9 with 2115 viewsDr_Winston

Summer Rebuild on 19:00 - Jan 9 by Darran

If our club is going to have to go through a rebuild on the player front personally I’m not sure Cooper is the right man to do it.

That’s my opinion and if you disagree that’s fine too.

That's the $64,000 question.

Unless we go completely off the rails in the second half of the season it's likely that he will be the man doing it. Guess all we can do is hope he's got more up his sleeve than we've seen so far.

Summer Rebuild on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 2092 viewsFireboy2

Summer Rebuild on 19:05 - Jan 9 by Dr_Winston

Unless we go completely off the rails in the second half of the season it's likely that he will be the man doing it. Guess all we can do is hope he's got more up his sleeve than we've seen so far.

You would think hes only going to get better as he has more time and experience managing adults.
Summer Rebuild on 19:13 - Jan 9 with 2082 viewsmagicdaps10

Tell you one thing, Britton will be reading this or informed that the fans have clawed onto his summer rebuild comment...... And he will be keeping everything crossed that what he was informed actually does happen.

I really hope this does not end with a backlash on Leon, if it doesn't happen then he has a problem on his hands.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Summer Rebuild on 19:17 - Jan 9 with 2072 viewsBadlands

Andy Scott has been in position for around 6 months and we are still only being linked with Cooper's under 17s or players he and Mike Marsh have worked with or know quite well.
That isn't filling me with confidence.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Rebuild on 19:31 - Jan 9 with 2025 viewsmagicdaps10

Summer Rebuild on 19:17 - Jan 9 by Badlands

Andy Scott has been in position for around 6 months and we are still only being linked with Cooper's under 17s or players he and Mike Marsh have worked with or know quite well.

Linked with a French midfielder today, out of contract in the summer....... Scott has a reputation with scouting the French leagues.

Summer Rebuild on 19:36 - Jan 9 with 2014 viewsDarran

Absolutely.
Don’t get me wrong if most of this squad was to stay together under Cooper and we finished mid table this season and next season whilst the club was sorted out financially off the field etc I wouldn’t be too bothered.
A rebuild is another story under him though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Summer Rebuild on 19:44 - Jan 9 with 1982 viewsDr_Winston

Summer Rebuild on 19:36 - Jan 9 by Darran

Absolutely.
Don’t get me wrong if most of this squad was to stay together under Cooper and we finished mid table this season and next season whilst the club was sorted out financially off the field etc I wouldn’t be too bothered.
A rebuild is another story under him though.

With as many players out of contract as we've got we're probably going to have to make big changes in the summer no matter what happens, unless a goodly number of them are happy with pay cuts.

I don't think the financial situation will take another season though. After this summer the last big wage left is Ayew, and after the season he's having I doubt there will be a shortage of interested parties.

Summer Rebuild on 19:45 - Jan 9 with 1977 viewsLeonWasGod

Rebuild is too grand a term. It suggests we’re heading back to where we were, which doesn’t seem likely. He really means scrabbling around for a lot of new players on the cheap in the hope of getting lucky with a couple.
Summer Rebuild on 19:45 - Jan 9 with 1973 viewsBadlands

Summer Rebuild on 19:31 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

Linked with a French midfielder today, out of contract in the summer....... Scott has a reputation with scouting the French leagues.

Is it Adil Aouchiche - 17 yo PSG>
Bafe or Willy would be OK but I'm also reminded of Tabanou, Situ, N'Gog and even Kalulu.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Summer Rebuild on 19:58 - Jan 9 with 1925 viewsperplex

Can not have a successful rebuild with this lot in charge, just forget about it mun, were fcuked.
Summer Rebuild on 20:05 - Jan 9 with 1891 viewsmagicdaps10

Summer Rebuild on 19:45 - Jan 9 by Badlands

Bafe or Willy would be OK but I'm also reminded of Tabanou, Situ, N'Gog and even Kalulu.

It is actually Julian Ponceau who plays for Lorient.

Summer Rebuild on 20:09 - Jan 9 with 1878 viewspembsjack

Don't get excited about the talk of a "rebuild" under the Yanks. I fear that their idea of a rebuild will be cut the wage bill as much as possible through releasing players and flogging anyone who is breathing. Then replace them with loans and freebies on low wages.
Summer Rebuild on 20:23 - Jan 9 with 1835 viewsBillyChong

Summer Rebuild on 19:17 - Jan 9 by Badlands

What do you expect when he’s been given no budget?
Summer Rebuild on 20:27 - Jan 9 with 1825 viewsjackrmee

I've said all along...as long as we beat the scum twice and stay up, I'm happy this season. Then as long as we keep improving from then on, however slowly, I'm happy too.
I'm up for keeping Coops and watching the rebuild unfold. Might go tits up, might go well, but it's the way I want to see it happen. In my mind, we are back in the prem with Coopie's chompers smiling all over match of the day.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Summer Rebuild on 20:29 - Jan 9 with 1820 viewsNeathJack

An unexpected promotion would put a real spanner in the works of this.
Summer Rebuild on 20:35 - Jan 9 with 1803 viewsjackrmee

Summer Rebuild on 20:05 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

It is actually Julian Ponceau who plays for Lorient.

Came off after 57 mins in his only start hmmmm.

I'm up for getting anyone in though TBH. I thought we were getting no-one, so get em in! :)

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Summer Rebuild on 20:36 - Jan 9 with 1797 viewsjackrmee

Summer Rebuild on 20:09 - Jan 9 by pembsjack

Don't get excited about the talk of a "rebuild" under the Yanks. I fear that their idea of a rebuild will be cut the wage bill as much as possible through releasing players and flogging anyone who is breathing. Then replace them with loans and freebies on low wages.

Cant see the yanks being here long enough for a rebuild tbh. Fingers crossed.

Summer Rebuild on 23:26 - Jan 9 with 1617 viewsDJack

Summer Rebuild on 19:45 - Jan 9 by Badlands

Heck, I forgot about Situ...Phew!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Summer Rebuild on 06:52 - Jan 10 with 1479 viewsDr_Winston

Summer Rebuild on 19:45 - Jan 9 by LeonWasGod

Rebuild is too grand a term. It suggests we’re heading back to where we were, which doesn’t seem likely. He really means scrabbling around for a lot of new players on the cheap in the hope of getting lucky with a couple.

Seems apparent to me that the grand plan is to put us back to where we were in 2008. In the Championship, stable financially, with a good base to work from and an astute recruitment process.

It's the smartest thing to do as a club for the long term and probably the best way for Birch to make us sellable.

Summer Rebuild on 07:47 - Jan 10 with 1429 viewsjojaca

Summer rebuild is happening, this is where Mr Scott will be earning his coin. Like that guy in the toilets who asks "freshen up", we can do with a freshen up.

Even when you know, you never know?

Summer Rebuild on 10:41 - Jan 10 with 1297 viewsdameedna

Summer Rebuild on 18:32 - Jan 9 by longlostjack

Cant see the club being sold this season.

Trevs first job will be to reduce the salaries and the academy costs.

However this season is not over yet.

If we get promoted we may find a buyer. Unlikely but possible.

Will be keen to see the end of Jan. Nightmare for smaller club managers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024