Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2006 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Awful - so special not only as a drummer, but also as a lyricist. As a Rush superfan for nearly 40 years, I feel like I've lost a big brother.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806?cid=ed_npd_bn_tw
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 21:23]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 21:30 - Jan 10 with 1980 viewsBest_loser

Only got one of their albums

A farewell to kings

Recorded in wales
RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 21:52 - Jan 10 with 1964 viewsTummer_from_Texas

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 21:30 - Jan 10 by Best_loser

Only got one of their albums

A farewell to kings

Recorded in wales

Hemispheres, the follow up, was also recorded there. Possibly my favorite period of there's, but that's like picking a favorite child for me.

They spoke well of the place, though the experience really drained them. That was the peak of their Progressive period, featuring really long pieces. Immediately after that, they started to get more radio-friendly.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 22:24 - Jan 10 with 1930 viewsunion_jack

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 21:52 - Jan 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

Hemispheres, the follow up, was also recorded there. Possibly my favorite period of there's, but that's like picking a favorite child for me.

They spoke well of the place, though the experience really drained them. That was the peak of their Progressive period, featuring really long pieces. Immediately after that, they started to get more radio-friendly.

Saw them live in 88 in NEC Birmingham - Hold Your Fire tour. Brilliant set, brilliant band and Peart;s 360 degree kit was something to behold.

Shocked at this tbh.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 22:37 - Jan 10 with 1917 viewsgrabsplatter

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 21:52 - Jan 10 by Tummer_from_Texas

La Villa Strangiato, what a wonderful track
RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 08:04 - Jan 11 with 1852 viewslegoman

Very shocked and sad to wake up to this news. I was a huge fan of Rush through the late 70s and into the 80s. I remember seeing them live at the Birmingham Odeon in New Street when I was a student around 1979/80.

My mates and I went to the stage door afterwards and met and chatted to Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson who were very approachable and engaging. Neil was not one for that sort of thing, and I saw him sitting waiting in the limo while the others met the fans and signed autographs.

I rediscovered Rush in 2015 whilst on holiday in Cuba, listening to "Clockwork Angels" on repeat on the beach.

I always meant to read Neil's road trip book but never got round to it. I must look it up and put that right.

RIP, Mr Peart.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 11:03 - Jan 11 with 1787 viewsunion_jack

RIP to a true legend - Neil Peart of Rush on 08:04 - Jan 11 by legoman

Very shocked and sad to wake up to this news. I was a huge fan of Rush through the late 70s and into the 80s. I remember seeing them live at the Birmingham Odeon in New Street when I was a student around 1979/80.

My mates and I went to the stage door afterwards and met and chatted to Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson who were very approachable and engaging. Neil was not one for that sort of thing, and I saw him sitting waiting in the limo while the others met the fans and signed autographs.

I rediscovered Rush in 2015 whilst on holiday in Cuba, listening to "Clockwork Angels" on repeat on the beach.

I always meant to read Neil's road trip book but never got round to it. I must look it up and put that right.

RIP, Mr Peart.

Great old fashioned venue the New Street Odeon. Saw BÖC and Ozzy Osborne there in the 80s. Similar to the long gone Capitol in Cardiff (Rainbow 76).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024