Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No substitutions 13:54 - Jan 12 with 7861 viewsMrSwerve

Players blowing out of their arses...wtf Cooper?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

No substitutions on 15:09 - Jan 12 with 1559 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No substitutions on 14:51 - Jan 12 by LeonWasGod

It's OK Jasper, I was just playing devil's advocate. We were a better team last year, and that's the thing that's starting to hurt us now. We'd have won that today with the movement we had in the second haf of last season.

Cooper's here for a while though, so we mght as well get used to it and hope that his crèche reaps some rewards.

How can it when practically every player is struggling or going backwards.
Woodman is one of those, he was far better when he arrived.
No substitutions on 15:10 - Jan 12 with 1552 viewsjack247

A lot of us expected Brewster to start on the bench. Cooper went for broke with Ayew, Celina, Routledge and Brewster starting, no defensive midfielder. I don’t think he knew what to do when that didn’t work and the players started tiring. Bring Borja on? Pointless against their centre backs. Kalulu? Maybe, bit of a headless chicken but they wouldn’t have liked someone quick and direct running at them. Possibly Dhanda when Routledge started struggling.
No substitutions on 15:13 - Jan 12 with 1535 viewsLeonWasGod

No substitutions on 15:09 - Jan 12 by A_Fans_Dad

How can it when practically every player is struggling or going backwards.
Woodman is one of those, he was far better when he arrived.

That does seem a bit of an issue. I don't recognise this "improvement" Cooper keeps talking about. At an individual level most of our main players were doing bettter individually last year.
No substitutions on 15:18 - Jan 12 with 1512 viewsMattG

No substitutions on 15:10 - Jan 12 by jack247

A lot of us expected Brewster to start on the bench. Cooper went for broke with Ayew, Celina, Routledge and Brewster starting, no defensive midfielder. I don’t think he knew what to do when that didn’t work and the players started tiring. Bring Borja on? Pointless against their centre backs. Kalulu? Maybe, bit of a headless chicken but they wouldn’t have liked someone quick and direct running at them. Possibly Dhanda when Routledge started struggling.

That's what I would have gone for in the last 10/15 mins - Dhanda and Kalulu on for Routledge and Brewster.

Dhanda at 10, Celina wide left, Kalulu wide right and Ayew through the middle.

Why Cooper made no subs at all is truly baffling.
No substitutions on 16:27 - Jan 12 with 1364 viewsTenbySwan

We absolutely needed subs from 70m.
No substitutions on 16:33 - Jan 12 with 1351 viewsMrSwerve

No substitutions on 15:18 - Jan 12 by MattG

That's what I would have gone for in the last 10/15 mins - Dhanda and Kalulu on for Routledge and Brewster.

Dhanda at 10, Celina wide left, Kalulu wide right and Ayew through the middle.

Why Cooper made no subs at all is truly baffling.

I was at the very least expecting Dhanda on for Routs. It was so clear that we needed some pace as an outlet. Very odd.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

No substitutions on 16:41 - Jan 12 with 1328 viewsJinxy

It sounds ridiculous us moaning when we have more points under Cooper than Potter at the same stage last season. However, we all know what will happen if we dispense with our playing style, and that is what we fear, and can see. History tells us long term better and consistent results will follow if we play possession, attacking football and everyone knows 100% what to do.

Personally, I'd prefer Rangel right now because he 100% gets that. Come on home Angel. Sorry Steve.
No substitutions on 16:54 - Jan 12 with 1294 viewsgordondg

No substitutions on 16:41 - Jan 12 by Jinxy

It sounds ridiculous us moaning when we have more points under Cooper than Potter at the same stage last season. However, we all know what will happen if we dispense with our playing style, and that is what we fear, and can see. History tells us long term better and consistent results will follow if we play possession, attacking football and everyone knows 100% what to do.

Personally, I'd prefer Rangel right now because he 100% gets that. Come on home Angel. Sorry Steve.

Rangel,clever fella and knows how to play.
Login to get fewer ads

No substitutions on 17:01 - Jan 12 with 1260 viewsSwanjaxs

All is revealed...

Why Swansea didn't use any subs in South Wales derby draw

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-cardiff-steve

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

No substitutions on 17:04 - Jan 12 with 1250 viewsCooperman

No substitutions on 17:01 - Jan 12 by Swanjaxs

All is revealed...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-cardiff-steve

Creative players on the pitch and creative players on the bench. The difference between the two being the freshness of those on the bench.

I didn’t get his approach before I read that and I still don’t.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

No substitutions on 17:09 - Jan 12 with 1224 viewsJinxy

No substitutions on 17:04 - Jan 12 by Cooperman

Creative players on the pitch and creative players on the bench. The difference between the two being the freshness of those on the bench.

Totally bizarre and ridiculous. Like us, he watched Cardiff create that match winning chance, with subs, when fresh swans legs should already been on the pitch. It's a point, but he/we got away with it, in the end. Pure luck.
No substitutions on 17:09 - Jan 12 with 1221 viewsskettyparkherbert

What a load of old shite.

We were crying out for a spark towards the end, i don't know what Cooper and his staff were looking at.

Stevie fecking wonder could see we had players just going on fumes alone.
Schoolboy error.
No substitutions on 17:09 - Jan 12 with 1221 viewsswancity

No substitutions on 14:11 - Jan 12 by hillbillyjack

Shameful , they were under pressure after losing the first derby, thought we should have been more proactive in trying to win the game the last 20 mins instead of letting it drift quietly......Routledge was shattered after 70 mins
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 14:12]

Routledge did well and certainly wasn’t shattered after 70 mins. Watch it back and you’ll see him chase a long ball in the 91st minute. He did well as did all of the players...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

No substitutions on 17:11 - Jan 12 with 1214 viewsSwanjaxs

Perhaps i can shed some light on his comments...

He's talking bollòxs 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

No substitutions on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 1205 viewsCooperman

No substitutions on 17:11 - Jan 12 by Swanjaxs

Perhaps i can shed some light on his comments...

He's talking bollòxs 👍

I tend to agree.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

No substitutions on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 1204 viewsskettyparkherbert

No substitutions on 17:09 - Jan 12 by swancity

Routledge did well and certainly wasn’t shattered after 70 mins. Watch it back and you’ll see him chase a long ball in the 91st minute. He did well as did all of the players...

Rutledge did well.

Such as???

Missed a sitter too, we are lucky that Cardiff are shite too, a decent team would have whooped are arse today.

2 poor teams and a poor advert for the championship.
No substitutions on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 1163 viewsswancity

No substitutions on 17:13 - Jan 12 by skettyparkherbert

Rutledge did well.

Such as???

Missed a sitter too, we are lucky that Cardiff are shite too, a decent team would have whooped are arse today.

2 poor teams and a poor advert for the championship.

Almost everything he did showed his class and understanding of what was required. He an intelligent, clever footballer. He should have scored certainly agree on that but a poacher of goals he isn't and never has been unfortunately. A great performer for our club for a long time now. Look at his career stats...pretty incredible.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

No substitutions on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 1153 viewsthornabyswan

No substitutions on 17:13 - Jan 12 by Cooperman

I tend to agree.

I just thought Cooper had fallen asleep or gone into some sort of coma.

At least we know he was ok.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No substitutions on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 1144 viewsNortbankboy

No substitutions on 15:02 - Jan 12 by SgorioFruit

I am glad that this has already been covered on here, because I was coming on here for a rant.
Brewster, one or two things, apart from that was never going to score, our players blowing out of their arse for the last quarter but no subs.
The game was screaming for Ayew to get hold of the ball more and make a run for it, however he is out on the right, with Brewster upfront doing nothing. We are stronger coming down the left with Routs, and even though Routs was knackered at the end, he was our threat going forward with him still running to the end.
WHY WHY WHY WHY leave Brewster on the pitch for the full 90 when you could tell at 57 minutes in the game that it wasn't working?
Surely i cannot be the only one to think that we should have had Ayew up front on his own and not experiment with Brewster on a game like today. Maybe Brewster get a run out, but to have him upfront doing nothing for 90 minutes while Ayew is running his socks off on the wing. Jeeezz even bring Dhanda on for god sakes.
That double substitution Cardiff made had an impact when one of them crossed the ball in for the other one to crunch his header against the cross bar. While Cooper just looks lost on the touchline.

Should have gambled on 80 mins and brought on a wide man and gone with extra forward for the last 10 mins.
We had nothing to lose if they scored we would lost,but if we had scored we would have made history
No substitutions on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 1089 viewsdickythorpe

No substitutions on 17:25 - Jan 12 by swancity

Almost everything he did showed his class and understanding of what was required. He an intelligent, clever footballer. He should have scored certainly agree on that but a poacher of goals he isn't and never has been unfortunately. A great performer for our club for a long time now. Look at his career stats...pretty incredible.

He worked hard, was unflustered and a great example to any youngster playing with him or watching.
At his age it would be easier to be a passenger.
Knows he should have buried that chance but he's never been a goalscorer
No substitutions on 18:05 - Jan 12 with 1045 viewsmajorraglan

No substitutions on 17:25 - Jan 12 by swancity

Based on what I saw, I thought Routledge had a tidy game. Watching a game on a TV and being at the ground can give different perspectives, (so can 10 pints) but he as certainly still chasing and sprinting in the last few minutes. Unfortunately, it’s a shame the club has to start a 34/35 year old winger.
No substitutions on 18:16 - Jan 12 with 1016 viewsjack247

All is revealed...

If anything, that just confuses it more.

He’s basically saying we had quality on the bench, but we didn’t use it because we also had quality on the pitch. Some of our lads were out on their feet by the end and we weren’t creating anything bar the odd corner which we all knew wouldn’t beat the first man. Cardiff looked better with Murphy on the pitch than they had all game.

Unfortunately, he’s a bit of a ‘sit back and hope for the best’ type manager.
No substitutions on 19:19 - Jan 12 with 944 viewsSgorioFruit

All is revealed...

you just know that we needed subs if the press have to write an article like that on why we don't need subs.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

No substitutions on 20:29 - Jan 12 with 866 viewsJBT95

Has been the same all season.

Against Blackburn at home he left it very late when we should've made a sub earlier and tried to have won the match... bit like today!
No substitutions on 20:40 - Jan 12 with 844 viewsswan65split

No substitutions on 18:16 - Jan 12 by jack247

If anything, that just confuses it more.

He’s basically saying we had quality on the bench, but we didn’t use it because we also had quality on the pitch. Some of our lads were out on their feet by the end and we weren’t creating anything bar the odd corner which we all knew wouldn’t beat the first man. Cardiff looked better with Murphy on the pitch than they had all game.

Unfortunately, he’s a bit of a ‘sit back and hope for the best’ type manager.

I think he was afraid to make a change, even though we were crying out for it, afraid if he did and they scored ........you know the rest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024