Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No substitutions 13:54 - Jan 12 with 7635 viewsMrSwerve

Players blowing out of their arses...wtf Cooper?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

No substitutions on 21:05 - Jan 12 with 1058 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No substitutions on 20:40 - Jan 12 by swan65split

I think he was afraid to make a change, even though we were crying out for it, afraid if he did and they scored ........you know the rest.

Nobody would have blamed him for going for the win in the last 10-15 minutes.
But to not even do what he usually does ie like for like to get fresh legs on is very poor indeed and not what we need.
No substitutions on 21:23 - Jan 12 with 1026 viewsblackpooljack

In the top 4 divs this weekend only us, Chelsea and Swindon didn't make any subs with the vast majority making at least 2. Chelsea and Swindon were easy winners whereas we"d still be scoreless with our 11 if we were still out there now.
No substitutions on 21:29 - Jan 12 with 1005 viewsswancity

No substitutions on 21:23 - Jan 12 by blackpooljack

In the top 4 divs this weekend only us, Chelsea and Swindon didn't make any subs with the vast majority making at least 2. Chelsea and Swindon were easy winners whereas we"d still be scoreless with our 11 if we were still out there now.

So what? It’s immaterial. The teams that lost most probably used all three subs.

If your players are doing well and ours were today then you can understand not making changes. A draw today was a decent result. There was no need to take chances by making unnecessary changes that may or may not have worked. We didn’t need to chase the game preferring a solid base.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

No substitutions on 21:37 - Jan 12 with 986 viewsblackpooljack

No substitutions on 21:29 - Jan 12 by swancity

So what? It’s immaterial. The teams that lost most probably used all three subs.

If your players are doing well and ours were today then you can understand not making changes. A draw today was a decent result. There was no need to take chances by making unnecessary changes that may or may not have worked. We didn’t need to chase the game preferring a solid base.

WTF get me a pint of what you're drinking. You must be the only person on this site who thinks that we didnt need to make any subs.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 21:38]
No substitutions on 21:50 - Jan 12 with 965 viewsswancity

No substitutions on 21:37 - Jan 12 by blackpooljack

WTF get me a pint of what you're drinking. You must be the only person on this site who thinks that we didnt need to make any subs.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 21:38]

Again so what ?

Our management team didn’t think we needed to make changes. They’re closest to the action and were happy that fitness wasn’t an issue. And yet people watching on TV or in the stands think they know better. Bizarre.

Meanwhile I’ll trust the judgement of our coaching team who did a fine job today.

No substitutions on 21:50 - Jan 12 with 963 viewsCatullus

No substitutions on 14:03 - Jan 12 by PentyrchJack

Shocking from Cooper. Routs and Brewster were gone after the hour mark.

I thought the same about Brewster. I don't know what the agreement with Liverpool is but I was saying on 70 mins Baston should come on for Brewster. It would have changed the dynamic, put fresh legs with a different approach into a tired Cardiff defence.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No substitutions on 21:54 - Jan 12 with 949 viewsblackpooljack

No substitutions on 21:50 - Jan 12 by swancity

Again so what ?

Our management team didn’t think we needed to make changes. They’re closest to the action and were happy that fitness wasn’t an issue. And yet people watching on TV or in the stands think they know better. Bizarre.

Meanwhile I’ll trust the judgement of our coaching team who did a fine job today.

Fùck my eyes
No substitutions on 21:56 - Jan 12 with 945 viewsswancity

No substitutions on 21:50 - Jan 12 by Catullus

I thought the same about Brewster. I don't know what the agreement with Liverpool is but I was saying on 70 mins Baston should come on for Brewster. It would have changed the dynamic, put fresh legs with a different approach into a tired Cardiff defence.

A static Baston for a mobile hungry Brewster?

A different dynamic certainly and one that would have played right into Cardiff hands. There’s a reason Ayew started up front in the home game. Mobile, clever, quick feet, unpredictable.

Login to get fewer ads

No substitutions on 22:08 - Jan 12 with 924 viewsCatullus

No substitutions on 21:56 - Jan 12 by swancity

A different dynamic certainly and one that would have played right into Cardiff hands. There’s a reason Ayew started up front in the home game. Mobile, clever, quick feet, unpredictable.

Brewster was mobile yes, but what did he do apart from get pushed around a lot? He was inneffective and in itself that is worthy of a change.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

No substitutions on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 910 viewsFireboy2

No substitutions on 22:08 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Brewster was mobile yes, but what did he do apart from get pushed around a lot? He was inneffective and in itself that is worthy of a change.

This, baston is far more experienced and imo should have started with brewster coming on later or not if cooper does his no subs policy.
No substitutions on 09:37 - Jan 13 with 790 viewsSwanDownUnder

No substitutions on 21:23 - Jan 12 by blackpooljack

So?
No substitutions on 09:44 - Jan 13 with 782 viewsjack247

No substitutions on 22:08 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Morrison would have loved Baston to come on. He’d have been in his pocket. Although he’s got holes in his game, I’d have thought Kalulu or Dhanda would have been better choices, given the size, strength and limited pace Cardiff had at the back, move Ayew up front and play one of them wide
No substitutions on 10:01 - Jan 13 with 766 viewsCatullus

No substitutions on 09:44 - Jan 13 by jack247

Morrison would have loved Baston to come on. He’d have been in his pocket. Although he’s got holes in his game, I’d have thought Kalulu or Dhanda would have been better choices, given the size, strength and limited pace Cardiff had at the back, move Ayew up front and play one of them wide

Or that, yes. Leaving Brewster on though, it definitely played into Cardiff's hands and us only having one shot on target is proof of that. Cardiff had 14, 3 on target, we had 12, 1 on target, very poor stats for both of us.

No substitutions on 10:05 - Jan 13 with 760 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No substitutions on 21:50 - Jan 12 by swancity

Again so what ?

Are you one of the management team?
No substitutions on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 747 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No substitutions on 21:56 - Jan 12 by swancity

And didn't have time to practice with the team before the game.
He also had the worst successful pass %age of all Swans players at a lowly 42%.
The next lowest were Wilmot at 55% & Grimes at 58%.
Brewster was joint best in the air with Cabango.
His quick feet had zero dribbles though.
No substitutions on 10:51 - Jan 13 with 736 viewsDr_Winston

No substitutions on 10:01 - Jan 13 by Catullus

Or that, yes. Leaving Brewster on though, it definitely played into Cardiff's hands and us only having one shot on target is proof of that. Cardiff had 14, 3 on target, we had 12, 1 on target, very poor stats for both of us.

This.

Giving Baston time certainly would have added a stronger presence up front for us and been a more equal match for their thugs at the back. Having someone even slightly capable of holding the ball up would have given Ayew a bit more time to work too. Replacing Routledge who was clearly out on his feet would also have made the last 20 minutes harder for the Cardiff defence.

Instead we did nothing. We settled for a point with half an hour of the game remaining. A timid, passive approach that had Cardiff's increasing dominance paid dividends would have cost us a result.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No substitutions on 11:01 - Jan 13 with 724 viewsblackpooljack

No substitutions on 09:37 - Jan 13 by SwanDownUnder

So?

So,? the other 70 odd teams thought it wise to do so maybe they wanted to affect the way the game was going the plank that manages our club didnt and there is not many on here that agree with him
No substitutions on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 718 viewsSwanDownUnder

No substitutions on 11:01 - Jan 13 by blackpooljack

So,? the other 70 odd teams thought it wise to do so maybe they wanted to affect the way the game was going the plank that manages our club didnt and there is not many on here that agree with him

Haha
No substitutions on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 717 viewsjack247

No substitutions on 10:43 - Jan 13 by A_Fans_Dad

And didn't have time to practice with the team before the game.
He also had the worst successful pass %age of all Swans players at a lowly 42%.
The next lowest were Wilmot at 55% & Grimes at 58%.
Brewster was joint best in the air with Cabango.
His quick feet had zero dribbles though.

He was playing back to goal. He did well in the air, but he looked like a fish having a real good go out of water.

Can understand Liverpool requiring a certain number of games, but if we aren’t obliged to play him as centre forward, I’d like to see him as the left forward, so he can use his pace and dribbling to cut inside on his right foot, Ayew in the middle, Routledge is one footed I know, but as effective on the right as he is on the left, as he rarely cuts in and shoots anyway. Celina behind them pulling the strings. Would probably mean dropping Byers for Fulton, but I’d be ok with that.
No substitutions on 11:19 - Jan 13 with 710 viewsBryanSwan

Cooper is woeful with his second half tactics, the game started getting away from us in the last 20. Would've at least like to have seen a change for Brewster to add some fresh legs and maybe bringing Wayne off who had put a shift in.
He was too scared to change anything that may then be blamed if we were to lose.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

No substitutions on 11:21 - Jan 13 with 709 viewsSwanDownUnder

No substitutions on 11:08 - Jan 13 by jack247

He was playing back to goal. He did well in the air, but he looked like a fish having a real good go out of water.

Can understand Liverpool requiring a certain number of games, but if we aren’t obliged to play him as centre forward, I’d like to see him as the left forward, so he can use his pace and dribbling to cut inside on his right foot, Ayew in the middle, Routledge is one footed I know, but as effective on the right as he is on the left, as he rarely cuts in and shoots anyway. Celina behind them pulling the strings. Would probably mean dropping Byers for Fulton, but I’d be ok with that.

No substitutions on 11:39 - Jan 13 with 682 viewsblackpooljack

No substitutions on 11:07 - Jan 13 by SwanDownUnder

Haha

PÅ•ick
No substitutions on 11:54 - Jan 13 with 675 viewsChief

Fulton for Byers or Grimes seemed an obvious sub to make. It's like cooper was trying to make some stubborn point or something

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

No substitutions on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 665 viewsDr_Winston

Why is it whenever a manager duffs up subs there's always some theory about how it's a deliberate ploy to draw attention to transfers or lack of?

Do people genuinely believe that a coach will throw away the chance to win points in order to emphasise something he could just put in an email?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No substitutions on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 651 viewsSwanDownUnder

good comeback.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024