Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summary of the match 14:00 - Jan 12 with 3625 viewshughesy2013

Canbango and willmot were absolutely superb today with willmot edging man of the match for me. Our corners from each side were absolutely dreadful! No subs what is that all about? Routledge was one of the worst players on the pitch and was playing under coopers nose the 2nd half, how he didnt get subbed is beyond me.
Summary of the match on 14:02 - Jan 12 with 3162 views1983

Shower of sh1t both teams

Summary of the match on 14:04 - Jan 12 with 3114 viewsmonmouth

We were unbalanced AGAIN. Plus we had loads of set pieces and have the worst set piece takers in the league. Probably in any league.

Summary....meh...but it's a point and it's over for another season. Good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Summary of the match on 14:45 - Jan 12 with 2946 viewsBDS

Central defenders did well, but I thought Robert's was very poor defensively. Far too many crosses came from their left, just as well Wilmott and Cabango did play well. Not Woodmams best came , certainly didn't command his area.
Routledge did better than usual I thought. Didn't give away as much possession as he has in the past and kept running for the full ninety minutes.
Celine decent first half then disappeared again.
Aye quieter than usual.
Brewster looked good, no real scoring opportunities but I don't think we'll miss Surridge
Summary of the match on 15:07 - Jan 12 with 2880 viewsSmellyplumz

Summary of the match on 14:02 - Jan 12 by 1983

Excellent summary my man

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Summary of the match on 15:17 - Jan 12 with 2828 viewssainthelens

Missed opportunity as all scum wanted was not to lose. But a point is ok for me. Wigan next and a chance for Rhian to show us what we hope he's capable of.
As mentioned in other threads, a sub or 2 wouldn't have gone a miss, maybe Dhanda to come on ? But deff seemed even with 20 mins left, both were happy with a draw.
Summary of the match on 15:43 - Jan 12 with 2750 viewsbazzool

Summary of the match on 15:17 - Jan 12 by sainthelens

Missed opportunity as all scum wanted was not to lose. But a point is ok for me. Wigan next and a chance for Rhian to show us what we hope he's capable of.
As mentioned in other threads, a sub or 2 wouldn't have gone a miss, maybe Dhanda to come on ? But deff seemed even with 20 mins left, both were happy with a draw.

Yeah and I bet knowing our luck Brewster won't be picked, you watch now
Summary of the match on 16:31 - Jan 12 with 2623 viewsBadlands

Now children, finish the third sentence.
Borja doesn't score when we don't create chances.
Surridge didn't score when we didn't create chances.
Brewster won't score when we ........ ........ ....... .

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Summary of the match on 17:35 - Jan 12 with 2508 viewsSwanDownUnder

Summary of the match on 16:31 - Jan 12 by Badlands

Did Birch buy a beer?
Login to get fewer ads

Summary of the match on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 2456 viewsmajorraglan

Summary of the match on 16:31 - Jan 12 by Badlands

It’s something that goes beyond this match and beyond this season.

Jordan Ayew, Tammy Abraham, Gomis and a raft of others have been hammered on here for not getting goals, all are scoring at their new clubs. Playing up front on their own is hard going anyway, it’s even harder when there’s no support and team mates aren’t creating chances.
Summary of the match on 18:08 - Jan 12 with 2394 viewsjackrabbit

Not a great advert for Welsh club football. Swans looked the more likely but neither team did enough to win. Swans’ central defenders were our only bright spot. Appalling basic skills on show from both teams in passing, movement, use of space. set pieces, especially corners, and creativity.

Can we get the loan of a creative midfielder - or two? Currently watching Villa get destroyed by Man City 0-3 after 27 minutes - now 0-5 after an hour. Villa are dreadful, but City are so good because they do simple things well, ie simple passes allied to intelligent movement. Complete antidote to Cardiff-Swans who both do simple things badly and attempt to do difficult things badly ie simple passes badly executed , together with impossible passes that don’t come off, and nobody running into space to make themselves available. It’s all down to player quality of course. We don’t have enough of it.

Oh well, just glad I didn’t go
Summary of the match on 18:17 - Jan 12 with 2353 viewsjasper_T

Summary of the match on 17:44 - Jan 12 by majorraglan

Jordan Ayew, Tammy Abraham, Gomis and a raft of others have been hammered on here for not getting goals, all are scoring at their new clubs. Playing up front on their own is hard going anyway, it’s even harder when there’s no support and team mates aren’t creating chances.

Tammy had another season in the Championship to develop after he flopped with us.

Jordan Ayew had 9 in 51 for Villa before he came here, 8 in 50 with us, and 7 in 41 now with Palace.
Summary of the match on 18:20 - Jan 12 with 2338 viewsunion_jack

Summary of the match on 18:08 - Jan 12 by jackrabbit

Not a great advert for Welsh club football. Swans looked the more likely but neither team did enough to win. Swans’ central defenders were our only bright spot. Appalling basic skills on show from both teams in passing, movement, use of space. set pieces, especially corners, and creativity.

Can we get the loan of a creative midfielder - or two? Currently watching Villa get destroyed by Man City 0-3 after 27 minutes - now 0-5 after an hour. Villa are dreadful, but City are so good because they do simple things well, ie simple passes allied to intelligent movement. Complete antidote to Cardiff-Swans who both do simple things badly and attempt to do difficult things badly ie simple passes badly executed , together with impossible passes that don’t come off, and nobody running into space to make themselves available. It’s all down to player quality of course. We don’t have enough of it.

Intelligent moving? Can’t disagree at all but I’d settle for just movement at the moment.

Case in point, a throw in near the end of the game. Absolutely no one created any space and I think the throw ended with Cardiff possession.

Man City’s movement off the ball was fantastic to be fair.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Summary of the match on 19:12 - Jan 12 with 2212 viewssainthelens

Pretty stupid post, putting our current side in the same post as a Citeh team and looking for comparisons. Reality check needed for you pal.
Summary of the match on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 2206 viewsOscar10

A bit harsh. Very enjoyable game and either side could have won.
Summary of the match on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 2205 viewsmajorraglan

Summary of the match on 18:17 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Tammy had another season in the Championship to develop after he flopped with us.

Jordan Ayew had 9 in 51 for Villa before he came here, 8 in 50 with us, and 7 in 41 now with Palace.

Ayew has 6 from 21 PL games this season, but I agree he didn’t do so well last season.

Tammy Abraham got 25 from 37 at the Villa last season, granted it was a lower level than the PL but he still got them, he also got 23 at Bristol City.
Summary of the match on 22:30 - Jan 12 with 2003 viewsjackrabbit

Summary of the match on 19:12 - Jan 12 by sainthelens

Pretty stupid post, putting our current side in the same post as a Citeh team and looking for comparisons. Reality check needed for you pal.

You’re a ‘pretty stupid’ person not to see that what I was saying is that football is a simple game and teams like City are so good because they execute simple moves well and use space well. We used to have a manager who took a collection of modestly talented players and got them to do exactly that - do the simple things well. The result was we had a team that was greater than the sum of its parts - that’s called synergy. Obviously City have outstanding players that can do a bit more than that, but all of them do the basics well first and foremost. I was not equating our team to that of Manchester City. You need a reality check on your manners.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 22:32]
Summary of the match on 22:33 - Jan 12 with 1988 viewsbuilthjack

Summary of the match on 17:35 - Jan 12 by SwanDownUnder

Did Birch buy a beer?

It was Rodons round today

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Summary of the match on 22:50 - Jan 12 with 1930 viewsJacket

Summary of the match on 17:44 - Jan 12 by majorraglan

Just goes to show, you can have the flashest car going, but if the engine's (midfield) shite, the car's shite.
Summary of the match on 23:02 - Jan 12 with 1906 viewssainthelens

Summary of the match on 22:30 - Jan 12 by jackrabbit

You’re a ‘pretty stupid’ person not to see that what I was saying is that football is a simple game and teams like City are so good because they execute simple moves well and use space well. We used to have a manager who took a collection of modestly talented players and got them to do exactly that - do the simple things well. The result was we had a team that was greater than the sum of its parts - that’s called synergy. Obviously City have outstanding players that can do a bit more than that, but all of them do the basics well first and foremost. I was not equating our team to that of Manchester City. You need a reality check on your manners.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 22:32]

My manners are fine, it's yer posts that are crap.
Summary of the match on 00:01 - Jan 13 with 1836 viewsdameedna

The way I saw it Cardiff did the simple things reasonably well and on another day they would score. Their defence and movement in midfiled is set up to follow a simple shape ie they stand 10m to the side of their player challenging for the ball and hope it breaks to them.

Swansea played a system that relies on breaking through the middle with the holding player timing his forward pass, which is more complicated to master. To limit the risk of Cardiff picking our pockets, Woodman played a lot of hoofball.

However around 70 mins at a guess maybe 80 mins, we had a free kick on our right just inside our own half. 100 per cent scumdiff would have launched it. We played it back and Cardiff won the ball. Hugely negative and I hope it was the player and not the coach to blame. That showed we were not genuinely trying to win the game and almost backfired.

We also wasted a lot of time.

Neither team is particularly good to watch.

If Cardiff score first they are very solid and they wil rely on late goals and fitness.

The match was intense and we saw the better skills on our side, particularly Celina in the first half.

Like all simple teams Cardiff worked well against Celina and Ayew in the second half and Brewster got no space or change inclduding a blatant foul on the edge that got missed by the ref and the lino who ignored the call.

The whole team played well.

We have not seen Carroll, in his day, me might have seen some more guile and unlocked the wings where Routs was isolated.

Clearly we still miss Leon to play this style of game to the full.
Summary of the match on 06:48 - Jan 13 with 1711 viewsDr_Winston

"However around 70 mins at a guess maybe 80 mins, we had a free kick on our right just inside our own half. 100 per cent scumdiff would have launched it. We played it back and Cardiff won the ball. Hugely negative and I hope it was the player and not the coach to blame."

We do that kind of thing so often either the players aren't responding to the coach, or they're doing it at his behest. Neither is a particularly good reason.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summary of the match on 07:34 - Jan 13 with 1654 viewsblackpooljack

By far the most accurate summary of the game. I was wondering what game others were watching.
Summary of the match on 08:02 - Jan 13 with 1616 viewsdameedna

Summary of the match on 06:48 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

"However around 70 mins at a guess maybe 80 mins, we had a free kick on our right just inside our own half. 100 per cent scumdiff would have launched it. We played it back and Cardiff won the ball. Hugely negative and I hope it was the player and not the coach to blame."

We do that kind of thing so often either the players aren't responding to the coach, or they're doing it at his behest. Neither is a particularly good reason.

Confusing. Woodman kept belting the ball up field mostly to that area as he is right footed. When we get to about the same position with a free kick, late in the game, with Andre on the right wing, we pass it back and lose the ball.

Taylor playing to the Rodgers script was a bit of a grind but both Taylor and Sinclair were very limited in what they could do.

That incident was another dimension. Negative mentality to coin a phrase. But we got a point.
Summary of the match on 08:45 - Jan 13 with 1564 viewsSwanDownUnder

We were afraid to lose.
Summary of the match on 09:14 - Jan 13 with 1517 viewsjackrmee

Summary of the match on 08:45 - Jan 13 by SwanDownUnder

We were afraid to lose.

That's what I feel like every time we play the scum.
Much more important not to lose than to win these games IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024