Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Gallagher 09:42 - Jan 14 with 18534 viewsSwansea93

Linked to us, seems Chelsea are recalling him from Charlton to loan him back out, looked very impressive when I've seen him on the box, 6 goals for Charlton.

Us, QPR, Rangers, West Brom & Millwall all linked.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Conor Gallagher on 10:18 - Jan 14 with 7920 viewsjasper_T

We were interested in him in the summer. Was even reported he'd come over for a medical at one point.

Good player as I said at the time. Bit similar to a few we have in midfield already, maybe.
Conor Gallagher on 10:23 - Jan 14 with 7902 viewsicecoldjack

Is there a clear plan to our loan strategy I wonder, we lack a good experienced midfielder, who can hold onto it and play the ball under pressure, I don t know much about him but something tells me he isn’t quite what we need perhaps ?

I guess something is better than nothing, we must surely be moving on a couple of players though ?
Conor Gallagher on 11:18 - Jan 14 with 7772 viewsJack_y_Jwc

From Wiki:
Gallagher has described himself as "best position is as a box-to-box midfielder [...] I can play deeper and I can play attacking as well",[5] and was described by Charlton manager Lee Bowyer as "an all-round midfielder. His work-rate is unreal, he puts his foot in for tackles and he can also see a pass"

We're screaming out for a "put your foot in" midfielder, but I'd sooner one with more experience

Conor Gallagher on 11:46 - Jan 14 with 7688 viewssP7qupUf

Watched him on Sky against Derby. Really got stuck in and in their faces.
Conor Gallagher on 12:50 - Jan 14 with 7530 viewsDr_Winston

Conor Gallagher on 10:23 - Jan 14 by icecoldjack

Is there a clear plan to our loan strategy I wonder, we lack a good experienced midfielder, who can hold onto it and play the ball under pressure, I don t know much about him but something tells me he isn’t quite what we need perhaps ?

I guess something is better than nothing, we must surely be moving on a couple of players though ?

We're marking time and using Cooper's network until the summer when the wage bill plummets dramatically. If we can challenge this year then great. Otherwise the focus is on next season. Everything the club is doing suggests that to be the case.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Conor Gallagher on 13:23 - Jan 14 with 7387 viewsjasper_T

It is very strange that they're wanting to recall him, given that he's playing every game for Charlton. Maybe they think they can get more money from other Championship clubs. No other reason to send him back out to this level when he's settled and impressing.
Conor Gallagher on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 7359 viewsjack247

Conor Gallagher on 12:50 - Jan 14 by Dr_Winston

We're marking time and using Cooper's network until the summer when the wage bill plummets dramatically. If we can challenge this year then great. Otherwise the focus is on next season. Everything the club is doing suggests that to be the case.

Is the wage bill going to plummet as dramatically as the income though? I highly doubt we’re just biding our time now with a view to having a good go at it next season.
Conor Gallagher on 13:31 - Jan 14 with 7351 viewsChief

Conor Gallagher on 13:23 - Jan 14 by jasper_T

It is very strange that they're wanting to recall him, given that he's playing every game for Charlton. Maybe they think they can get more money from other Championship clubs. No other reason to send him back out to this level when he's settled and impressing.

Maybe they think he'd be better off playing under Cooper? A manager he's worked under before.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Gallagher on 13:33 - Jan 14 with 7346 viewsDr_Winston

Conor Gallagher on 13:28 - Jan 14 by jack247

Is the wage bill going to plummet as dramatically as the income though? I highly doubt we’re just biding our time now with a view to having a good go at it next season.

After this summer the last Premier League contract left on the books is Ayew, with one more parachute payment to go. I'd say that we're there or thereabouts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Conor Gallagher on 14:20 - Jan 14 with 7226 viewsblackpooljack

Why on earth do Chelsea need a few more quid. Thats the sort of stunt that our owners would pull
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 14:20]
Conor Gallagher on 14:40 - Jan 14 with 7174 views34dfgdf54

Unless we've agreed a fee in the summer for him and one of the clauses his he'll come down here for rest of it.

No idea if that is plausible, but like you, can't see why they would recall him now.
Conor Gallagher on 14:48 - Jan 14 with 7148 viewsTheKirkyLife

Isn't a loan impossible anyway? I thought we had the max amount? Unless I'm confusing 5 in the matchday squad with 5 at the club?
Conor Gallagher on 14:51 - Jan 14 with 7133 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Conor Gallagher on 14:48 - Jan 14 by TheKirkyLife

Isn't a loan impossible anyway? I thought we had the max amount? Unless I'm confusing 5 in the matchday squad with 5 at the club?

8 on the books, 5 in the match day squad.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Conor Gallagher on 15:24 - Jan 14 with 7068 viewstheloneranger

"How many loan players can a club sign?"

"According to the EFL's lengthy list of regulations - section 54.4 to be precise - there are no limits on the total number of loan players a club can sign."

"How many loan players can play at once?"

"This is where the limits come in, as a maximum of five loan players can be included on the 18-man teamsheet for any one match. Should a team bring in an emergency goalkeeper this is reduced to four players."

"How many loan players can you sign from one club?"

"In order to stop the system being abused, there are also limits regarding the number of players you can sign on loan from one club.

Only four players from a single side can be brought in, of which no more than two are allowed to be over the age of 23."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Conor Gallagher on 15:36 - Jan 14 with 7030 viewsBadlands

Can't say he stood out against us! Although some sources thought he was the pick of their team on the day.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 15:39]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Conor Gallagher on 15:42 - Jan 14 with 7004 viewsLeonWasGod

Carry on like this and we'll need to start hiring au pairs. It's a brave move to focus solely on youth. It's obvious why, but don't we need a bit of balance.
Conor Gallagher on 15:44 - Jan 14 with 6999 viewsjack247

Woodman, Wilmot, Guéhi and Brewster are all likely to be in most match day squads IMO. Don’t think we’ll loan anyone else in, but if we do, I’d imagine Cooper would have to leave out Kalulu or one of the centre backs. More realistic if and when VdH and Rodon are available.
Conor Gallagher on 16:15 - Jan 14 with 6895 viewsmonmouth

Conor Gallagher on 15:44 - Jan 14 by jack247

Woodman, Wilmot, Guéhi and Brewster are all likely to be in most match day squads IMO. Don’t think we’ll loan anyone else in, but if we do, I’d imagine Cooper would have to leave out Kalulu or one of the centre backs. More realistic if and when VdH and Rodon are available.

Wilmot must surely be going back, or Hoorn is on his bike. No point in the Chelsea kid otherwise, and you can bet he will be played, probably to the detriment of Cabango

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Conor Gallagher on 16:21 - Jan 14 with 6880 viewsBadlands

Conor Gallagher on 16:15 - Jan 14 by monmouth

Wilmot must surely be going back, or Hoorn is on his bike. No point in the Chelsea kid otherwise, and you can bet he will be played, probably to the detriment of Cabango

Being reliant on 22 year old Joe Rodon as the 'experienced' CB would be a gamble especially as Joe's injuries and his recovery times putting question mark on his fitness.
But I can see Hoorn leaving TBH.
Should have been made captain and his contract extended.

Conor Gallagher on 16:22 - Jan 14 with 6869 viewsFireboy2

Conor Gallagher on 16:15 - Jan 14 by monmouth

It would be a disgrace if ben is dropped for this chelsea kid.
Conor Gallagher on 16:30 - Jan 14 with 6834 viewsLeonWasGod

Conor Gallagher on 16:21 - Jan 14 by Badlands

Being reliant on 22 year old Joe Rodon as the 'experienced' CB would be a gamble especially as Joe's injuries and his recovery times putting question mark on his fitness.
But I can see Hoorn leaving TBH.
Should have been made captain and his contract extended.

It'll be a shame if he goes due to how he's been handled. Although he's still a left over from PL wages era though isn't he - I'd have thought all those have to go (or have much cheaper new deals).
Conor Gallagher on 16:30 - Jan 14 with 6834 viewsEbo

Rumours are that Cardiff are getting him.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Conor Gallagher on 16:47 - Jan 14 with 6773 viewsBadlands

Conor Gallagher on 16:30 - Jan 14 by LeonWasGod

It'll be a shame if he goes due to how he's been handled. Although he's still a left over from PL wages era though isn't he - I'd have thought all those have to go (or have much cheaper new deals).

Reported Hoorn was on £11,000 a week when he transferred to us and doesn't appear to have changed!
https://sillyseason.com/football/swansea-city-fc-players-salaries-101481/

Even £20,000 a week would be reasonable for a senior leader who has been consistent and injury free.

Conor Gallagher on 16:50 - Jan 14 with 6755 viewsDr_Winston

Conor Gallagher on 16:47 - Jan 14 by Badlands

Reported Hoorn was on £11,000 a week when he transferred to us and doesn't appear to have changed!
https://sillyseason.com/football/swansea-city-fc-players-salaries-101481/

Even £20,000 a week would be reasonable for a senior leader who has been consistent and injury free.

There's not a chance in hell any player will be earning £20k a week until if/when we get back to the PL.

Conor Gallagher on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 6714 views34dfgdf54

Villa being touted now which would make sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024