Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players 20:34 - Jan 14 with 9804 viewsmarchamjack

Not being negative, just putting it out there for a discussion.

I think we all know why the club’s moving in this direction, but still, not sure where this leaves us heading into next season, let alone longer term.

Thoughts?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 21:01 - Jan 16 with 1449 viewsCatullus

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 20:45 - Jan 16 by jack247

It’s only wrong if Guéhi keeps Cabango out if he does it just because he’s come from Chelsea or they’ve got a guaranteed minutes agreement. As you say, it’s no different to Gallagher keeping Byers out.

If we had 10 games left and no chance of playoffs or relegation, then I’d agree, play as many academy players as possible. As it stands we’ve as good a chance of playoffs as anybody. Seems nuts to me not to play our strongest side as often as possible. If that includes Guéhi and Gallagher then great, if it includes Cabango and Byers, even better.

I'm a bit old fashioned like that, I think we sould always play the strongest available side and I'm not a fan of rotation either. Rest players if they are obviously in need of a break but if fit and available then play the best. I'm also a believer in a settled side, I suppose that's obvious? But to me a team with 8/9 regulars has better chances than a team that's constantly being tinkered with.

*NB* what the heck do I know!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 22:17 - Jan 16 with 1375 viewsnantywatcher

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 20:37 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

Nancy, f you don't like it pop me on ignore wuss.

Vile be f*cked

Personally I think referring to our manager as a "gimp" is vile and way,way out of order.
Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:30 - Jan 17 with 1306 viewsvetchonian

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 13:45 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

If we want to have a top level academy we have to balance getting (potentially) better players with developing our own, for the longer term benefit of the football club.

Relying on our own products isn't equivalent to "giving up", surely the last 18 months has proved that mentality among our fans to be nonsense? Equally loaning in an unproven Guehi isn't exactly "the best possible chance" either. We're potentially sidelining a 19 year old with 2 senior games to his name for a 19 year old with two senior games to his name.

I am in agreement Jasper in overlooking our devloping players for players with similar experience from a "higher " club. Maybe as you have alluded to in another post we are due to see some outgoings at CB it may be WIllmott recalled or worse VDH moving on maybe they both are being "shipped" out if so we are not doomed but any hopes of play offs become extremely slim.

All good teams have a solid "spine" maybe Cooper believes he can use these 3 to provide it and possibly keep these players in the future?
Worringly it does seem that we will be giving up our acadamy in favour of a relationship with Chelsea....so much of the "legacy" from our PL success and our previous "fanboy" owners!
How will we develop local talent then?
Bringing in Guehi is bound to demotivate Brandon Cooper if that means the Chelsea loanee gets game time before him.
IT is going to be an interesting month to see who leaves....there are whispers of Dhanda being on his way ...why? I have thought he has looked promising....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:49 - Jan 17 with 1297 viewsjasper_T

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:30 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

I am in agreement Jasper in overlooking our devloping players for players with similar experience from a "higher " club. Maybe as you have alluded to in another post we are due to see some outgoings at CB it may be WIllmott recalled or worse VDH moving on maybe they both are being "shipped" out if so we are not doomed but any hopes of play offs become extremely slim.

All good teams have a solid "spine" maybe Cooper believes he can use these 3 to provide it and possibly keep these players in the future?
Worringly it does seem that we will be giving up our acadamy in favour of a relationship with Chelsea....so much of the "legacy" from our PL success and our previous "fanboy" owners!
How will we develop local talent then?
Bringing in Guehi is bound to demotivate Brandon Cooper if that means the Chelsea loanee gets game time before him.
IT is going to be an interesting month to see who leaves....there are whispers of Dhanda being on his way ...why? I have thought he has looked promising....

Dhanda has only been getting sporadic gametime and now in comes Gallagher. Opportunities are limited, we're out of the cups.

vdH won't be moving given he's out injured for another month.
Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:51 - Jan 17 with 1295 viewsCooperman

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:49 - Jan 17 by jasper_T

Dhanda has only been getting sporadic gametime and now in comes Gallagher. Opportunities are limited, we're out of the cups.

What’s up with VdH? He was in contention for a place on bench last week and now he’s out for another month.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 12:52 - Jan 17 with 1258 viewsNeath_Jack

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 22:17 - Jan 16 by nantywatcher

Personally I think referring to our manager as a "gimp" is vile and way,way out of order.

Really? So for all the racism, homophobia, body shaming etc that goes on, on this forum, you chose to be offended by the word gimp? Really?

It's up to you to be offended by whatever you want to, it's also up to me to not give a f*ck to be honest.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 15:21 - Jan 17 with 1233 viewsTimTtam

As soon as we are eliminated from playoffs contention, we should play the likes of Cullen, Cooper, Evans, de Boer. Until that happens, we should try and utilise the loan signings if they are good enough.

I'm all for player development, but the promotion dream is still (slightly) alive. The betting odds are roughly a 1 in 9 chance of promotion. If we're lucky and manage to take this chance, that's new owners on the way, and all of our financial problems solved.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 21:01 - Jan 17 with 1137 viewsjackrmee

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 21:01 - Jan 16 by Catullus

I'm a bit old fashioned like that, I think we sould always play the strongest available side and I'm not a fan of rotation either. Rest players if they are obviously in need of a break but if fit and available then play the best. I'm also a believer in a settled side, I suppose that's obvious? But to me a team with 8/9 regulars has better chances than a team that's constantly being tinkered with.

*NB* what the heck do I know!!

Agreed. Unless you're Pep. He has the players and the expertise to play many different systems or formations. Don't think Man City have one "strongest team".

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 23:29 - Jan 17 with 1107 viewsDJack

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 12:52 - Jan 17 by Neath_Jack

Really? So for all the racism, homophobia, body shaming etc that goes on, on this forum, you chose to be offended by the word gimp? Really?

It's up to you to be offended by whatever you want to, it's also up to me to not give a f*ck to be honest.

Neathy, stop being beastly to him, you rotter!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 23:57 - Jan 17 with 1092 viewslonglostjack

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:49 - Jan 17 by jasper_T

Fair point. How is this going to pan out? Kalulu busted a gut against QPR and has pace. Where does he fit in now?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 05:42 - Jan 18 with 1056 viewsmarchamjack

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 23:57 - Jan 17 by longlostjack

Fair point. How is this going to pan out? Kalulu busted a gut against QPR and has pace. Where does he fit in now?

Kalulu has pace and...no idea what else he’s got?

Not one of our better loanees that’s for certain. If he’s the one left out of any match day squad (perm any 5 from 6) then he won’t be missed

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:27 - Jan 18 with 990 viewsCatullus

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 15:21 - Jan 17 by TimTtam

As soon as we are eliminated from playoffs contention, we should play the likes of Cullen, Cooper, Evans, de Boer. Until that happens, we should try and utilise the loan signings if they are good enough.

I'm all for player development, but the promotion dream is still (slightly) alive. The betting odds are roughly a 1 in 9 chance of promotion. If we're lucky and manage to take this chance, that's new owners on the way, and all of our financial problems solved.

Why does promotion mean new owners and our financial problems solved? It all depends, it's in no way a guarantee.
At some point relegation is a certainty and under the current system/rules it means more money problems.
Our owners might try to sell but any prospective new owner won't want to pay a fortune for a newly promoted club unless we have significantly strengthened and the Yanks aren't going to spend unless they are guaranteed a profit, it's a catch 22 situation. In that respect, we are more likely to see them carry on with the current mandate and take the EPL money and parachute payments as their dividends, because this team, under the current recrutment policy almost certainly will not stay up.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 14:56 - Jan 18 with 935 viewsTimTtam

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 11:27 - Jan 18 by Catullus

Why does promotion mean new owners and our financial problems solved? It all depends, it's in no way a guarantee.
At some point relegation is a certainty and under the current system/rules it means more money problems.
Our owners might try to sell but any prospective new owner won't want to pay a fortune for a newly promoted club unless we have significantly strengthened and the Yanks aren't going to spend unless they are guaranteed a profit, it's a catch 22 situation. In that respect, we are more likely to see them carry on with the current mandate and take the EPL money and parachute payments as their dividends, because this team, under the current recrutment policy almost certainly will not stay up.

If the yanks want to sell, they're more likely to get a buyer if we are a PL team. And uh...the 100M TV money + 2 more years of parachute payments (35M and 30M) will almost certainly wipe our 'black hole'. Seeing as we would be one of the favourites for relegation, I can see the club not making expensive signings and go down the path Cardiff did last season.

If the miracle happens, the club should build a Championship squad in preparation for the2021/22 season.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 18:10 - Jan 18 with 892 viewskrunchykarrot

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 15:21 - Jan 17 by TimTtam

Yep that's what we need to do, bring them into the squad and use them. But after today i can see us there or there about's so making it difficult.
Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 18:42 - Jan 18 with 857 viewsjasper_T

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 18:10 - Jan 18 by krunchykarrot

Yep that's what we need to do, bring them into the squad and use them. But after today i can see us there or there about's so making it difficult.

February's fixtures will tell us a lot more about where we might end up than games against the teams propping up the league. We were getting points against those before.
Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 18:45 - Jan 18 with 853 viewsCatullus

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 14:56 - Jan 18 by TimTtam

If the yanks want to sell, they're more likely to get a buyer if we are a PL team. And uh...the 100M TV money + 2 more years of parachute payments (35M and 30M) will almost certainly wipe our 'black hole'. Seeing as we would be one of the favourites for relegation, I can see the club not making expensive signings and go down the path Cardiff did last season.

If the miracle happens, the club should build a Championship squad in preparation for the2021/22 season.

I disagree, it wasn't that easy for the previous owners to sell up after 5/6 years in the EPL, not with the trust in place. They finally managed it by keeping the trust out of it. The ongoing legal situation there will probably scare off future buyers.
The Yanks won't spend big on the squad, it'll remain cheap and cheerful signings and they'll hope for a miracle.
Yes it should cure our financial issues but it will only provide the profit the Yanks want and then, if they can get all the money back they spent buying us, then they may sell. Or they may hope for another promotion and another windfall whatever happens.

It's all speculation though. I expect our owners will be happy for us to just make the play offs and get a bit more ticket revenue and tv money.

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 20:04 - Jan 18 with 809 viewslonglostjack

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 18:45 - Jan 18 by Catullus

I disagree, it wasn't that easy for the previous owners to sell up after 5/6 years in the EPL, not with the trust in place. They finally managed it by keeping the trust out of it. The ongoing legal situation there will probably scare off future buyers.
The Yanks won't spend big on the squad, it'll remain cheap and cheerful signings and they'll hope for a miracle.
Yes it should cure our financial issues but it will only provide the profit the Yanks want and then, if they can get all the money back they spent buying us, then they may sell. Or they may hope for another promotion and another windfall whatever happens.

It's all speculation though. I expect our owners will be happy for us to just make the play offs and get a bit more ticket revenue and tv money.

Agree that the ongoing legal situation might put future buyers off. All the more reason for the Yanks to offer an out of court settlement. As part of that settlement Trust should insist on due diligence for the next buyer.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 21:17 - Jan 18 with 773 viewsCatullus

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 20:04 - Jan 18 by longlostjack

Agree that the ongoing legal situation might put future buyers off. All the more reason for the Yanks to offer an out of court settlement. As part of that settlement Trust should insist on due diligence for the next buyer.

That begs the question, how much would/should the trust accept? If they insist on the price of their shares at the time of sale the Yanks will never go for it.
Saying that, what if the case is settled and the trust wins? Will the court instruct the owners to pay a certain amount? What if it was the full price of the shares? Maybe the Yanks would feel forced to sell up?
As always, it depends on so many things including what the trusts aims are, what do they want from the outcome of the legal battle?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 13:06 - Jan 19 with 693 viewsThornburyswan

Jack Evans has just signed a new contract so looks like we are focusing on the youngsters first.
Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 15:09 - Jan 19 with 655 viewsBadlands

As long as the trust is in place buyers will be put of, as they will from no owning any major assets.
Loans can be secured at better rates if you can offer £40million worth of real estate as collatoral or can 'sell' to investor/owners as Villa did.
We only started getting into financial trouble when we burned our boats with agents and prudential management went out of the window.
The financial model the board is following is what it was before our promotion to the PL.
My gripe is more should be made of our academy and squad players before developing players for other teams.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 16:12 - Jan 19 with 633 viewskrunchykarrot

Squad of loanees and 14 out of contract players on 13:06 - Jan 19 by Thornburyswan

Jack Evans has just signed a new contract so looks like we are focusing on the youngsters first.

Needs to be in match day squad ASAP in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024