Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Parrilla 16:55 - Jan 15 with 10969 viewsraynor94

Closing its Restaurants on Sa1 and the Mumbles from Wednesday, bit of a shock there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

La Parrilla on 15:34 - Jan 19 with 1659 viewsMrSwerve

Very few restaurants that I’ve been to give bread out for free.

I totally agree that it’s a nice thing to do and is good customer service though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

La Parrilla on 16:30 - Jan 19 with 1603 viewsunion_jack

La Parrilla on 15:34 - Jan 19 by MrSwerve

I totally agree that it’s a nice thing to do and is good customer service though.

Fair enough but you must have been to some strange restaurants😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

La Parrilla on 16:52 - Jan 19 with 1575 viewsMrSwerve

La Parrilla on 16:30 - Jan 19 by union_jack

Always had to pay for my bread at McDonald's. The bastards!

La Parrilla on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 1513 viewsJinxy

La Parrilla on 14:24 - Jan 19 by MrSwerve

Why should they give bread away for free?

"Free" in Pierre's. Lovely too.
La Parrilla on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 1504 viewswaynekerr55

La Parrilla on 15:34 - Jan 19 by MrSwerve

I think UJs point relates to how they "marketed" themselves as this Mecca of fine dining; I've never understood the whole "feel of Spain" in the Bras - what the fúck is Spanish about Steak and Chips???

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

La Parrilla on 18:43 - Jan 19 with 1464 viewsMrSwerve

La Parrilla on 16:30 - Jan 19 by union_jack

The misses has told me that we’ve had plenty of free bread in restaurants. I blame the pre-meal beers.

La Parrilla on 18:43 - Jan 19 with 1463 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 11:54 - Jan 19 by pikeypaul

Upstairs has gone downhill the last 12 months.

Downstairs is still a nice atmosphere with good service, despite 3 of their best staff leaving in the last 4 months.

Despite Torquay being its flagship the Mumbles branch has smashed all its nationwide turnover records so I doubt the owners are to worried.

"Despite Torquay being its flagship the Mumbles branch has smashed all its nationwide turnover records so I doubt the owners are to worried"

If they continue serving overpriced shyte and awful service by scruffy staff, the owners should be worried.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

La Parrilla on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 1448 viewsJinxy

La Parrilla on 18:43 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

"Despite Torquay being its flagship the Mumbles branch has smashed all its nationwide turnover records so I doubt the owners are to worried"

If they continue serving overpriced shyte and awful service by scruffy staff, the owners should be worried.

I used the Cardiff Pierre's for a few years before mumbles. That was excellent too. Its about expectations really isn't it, for the money, the quality in Pierre's is outstanding IMHO. £15 ish for a 3 course meal, good choices, freshly baked bread and water etc.. Then there's the loyalty scheme, additional offers eg 2 course meal Inc steak for £10. The staff are fab, and I've not noticed any shabbyness to be honest. We live fairly local so are there often, we love it. All about opinions though I accept, and each to their own.
Login to get fewer ads

La Parrilla on 18:59 - Jan 19 with 1441 viewsdickythorpe

I find Brains pubs have upped their game.
I had a Sunday lunch today in the Savoy, St.Clears for £7.49.
Plus there's 30% off their whole ale range as part of their "Try January" promotion. (They did it last year as well)

I've always liked the Pumphouse in the Marina as a venue but more for drink that food. Will have to eat there soon as the value is there and better quality than some of the £12-£18 Sunday lunches
La Parrilla on 19:21 - Jan 19 with 1416 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 18:55 - Jan 19 by Jinxy

I used the Cardiff Pierre's for a few years before mumbles. That was excellent too. Its about expectations really isn't it, for the money, the quality in Pierre's is outstanding IMHO. £15 ish for a 3 course meal, good choices, freshly baked bread and water etc.. Then there's the loyalty scheme, additional offers eg 2 course meal Inc steak for £10. The staff are fab, and I've not noticed any shabbyness to be honest. We live fairly local so are there often, we love it. All about opinions though I accept, and each to their own.

I haven't eaten at Pierre's in our capital city, so I'm unable to comment.

But I stand by every word regarding the one in mumbles, and the last time I was there it was awful, have you been there recently ?

Hello

La Parrilla on 19:34 - Jan 19 with 1398 viewsJinxy

La Parrilla on 19:21 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

I haven't eaten at Pierre's in our capital city, so I'm unable to comment.

But I stand by every word regarding the one in mumbles, and the last time I was there it was awful, have you been there recently ?

Yes, on Thursday I think! We usually visit a few times per month, since it opened. Why?

Have you raised any issues with them? If so, how did they react? I have, from time to time, and they always respond well. Personally, I think that's why they are where they are. They have broken records internally, and may well have contributed to La Parilla's demise, so maybe your experience is in the minority? In fairness mind you, the app is not great and they haven't fixed it despite repeated feedback.
La Parrilla on 19:51 - Jan 19 with 1373 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 19:34 - Jan 19 by Jinxy

Yes, on Thursday I think! We usually visit a few times per month, since it opened. Why?

Have you raised any issues with them? If so, how did they react? I have, from time to time, and they always respond well. Personally, I think that's why they are where they are. They have broken records internally, and may well have contributed to La Parilla's demise, so maybe your experience is in the minority? In fairness mind you, the app is not great and they haven't fixed it despite repeated feedback.

I certainly would have raised my issues with them, but my wife absolutely hates stuff like that, so we just paid and left.

Hello

La Parrilla on 19:57 - Jan 19 with 1364 viewsJinxy

La Parrilla on 19:51 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

I certainly would have raised my issues with them, but my wife absolutely hates stuff like that, so we just paid and left.

Ah totally understand that - my wife's the same! However, I reconcile it by giving positive and constructive feedback as appropriate, both with a smile! Wife still cringes though but if you don't tell them what they did wrong, they can't fix it. I try doing the same with wifey, but oddly that's never appreciated!
La Parrilla on 20:03 - Jan 19 with 1354 viewsJinxy

PS I did try and help la parilla. Had a long chat with the chap appointed as gen manager across all 3 restaurants, but I think the situation was irretrievable, sadly. I just think la parilla just didn't listen to the feedback, and there was plenty of it.
La Parrilla on 20:39 - Jan 19 with 1298 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 19:57 - Jan 19 by Jinxy

Ah totally understand that - my wife's the same! However, I reconcile it by giving positive and constructive feedback as appropriate, both with a smile! Wife still cringes though but if you don't tell them what they did wrong, they can't fix it. I try doing the same with wifey, but oddly that's never appreciated!

Believe me they knew after the fifth time I asked them to clear the table that I wasn't happy,

As I said earlier, Pierre Bistro was a place we always headed for when we were down that way, sadly we won't be going back in a hurry.

But I'm pleased to hear your experienced much better food and service than I, must have improved as quickly as they declined since we were there last.

Hello

La Parrilla on 21:05 - Jan 19 with 1264 viewsjack2jack

La Parrilla on 20:39 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

Believe me they knew after the fifth time I asked them to clear the table that I wasn't happy,

As I said earlier, Pierre Bistro was a place we always headed for when we were down that way, sadly we won't be going back in a hurry.

But I'm pleased to hear your experienced much better food and service than I, must have improved as quickly as they declined since we were there last.

A few folk I know have said this recently and said they will not go back there, in general the food is reasonable quality, and if you manage to get the £10 vouchers it s good value, I do find the drinks are a bit on the pricey side.
We have had two not very good experiences, and each time we have not had to pay for the meals, one one occasion we walked out with a free bottle of wine, however, that was our anniversary that was ruined.
We have been back there since and on each occasion it was very good.
The service can be a bit hit and miss, but is generally ok, drinks service can be slow.
The ambiance and location makes all the difference.
La Parrilla on 21:08 - Jan 19 with 1258 viewsZaxx

La Parrilla on 18:59 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

I find Brains pubs have upped their game.
I had a Sunday lunch today in the Savoy, St.Clears for £7.49.
Plus there's 30% off their whole ale range as part of their "Try January" promotion. (They did it last year as well)

I've always liked the Pumphouse in the Marina as a venue but more for drink that food. Will have to eat there soon as the value is there and better quality than some of the £12-£18 Sunday lunches

£12-£18 for a Sunday lunch?
I couldn't afford to do that more than a couple of times a year tbh. Seems expensive to me.

Are they that good?
La Parrilla on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 1226 viewsJinxy

La Parrilla on 21:08 - Jan 19 by Zaxx

£12-£18 for a Sunday lunch?
I couldn't afford to do that more than a couple of times a year tbh. Seems expensive to me.

Are they that good?

Only once did the Sunday lunch, not the best. Horses for courses. Not that they serve up horses of course.
La Parrilla on 23:14 - Jan 19 with 1160 viewspikeypaul

La Parrilla on 18:43 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

The food is normally fine,nothing exceptional but good value for such a cheap price.They never show you to your table unless it’s already cleared so I do not get how you asked 5 times for it to be cleared,If you go in without booking they always ask you to wait at the desk until a clean,serviced table is available , we go about once a week upstairs and about 3 times downstairs and always get great service.

I do admit it’s not as good as when it first opened but still a great venue with stunning views , Stella is £3.75 pint which is cheaper than any of the local pubs on the other side of the road.They must be doing something right when it’s booked out most days, I bet la Parrilla would have been happy for 1/20th the custom BP gets.

You must have caught them on an off day I imagine.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

La Parrilla on 13:13 - Jan 20 with 1022 viewsjack247

La Parrilla on 20:39 - Jan 19 by Flashberryjack

Flash, this is pretty much the point. You’ve had a bad experience at Bistrot Pierre so you aren’t in a rush to go back there. Completely understandable. Several people on this thread have had similar gripes with Parilla/Brasserie. It’s reasonably common knowledge that they penny pinch and customers aren’t really their priority. A lot of people have similar views on Parilla to yours on BP. Piss enough people off and it hurts your business.
La Parrilla on 13:21 - Jan 20 with 1013 viewsdickythorpe

The Brasserie have some cheeky twåts working for them.
I find it too static so don't bother going anymore.

I used to love asking "what beers do you have on tap?" If I'd had a cheeky waiter.
La Parrilla on 13:59 - Jan 20 with 983 viewswaynekerr55

La Parrilla on 13:21 - Jan 20 by dickythorpe

The Brasserie have some cheeky twåts working for them.
I find it too static so don't bother going anymore.

I used to love asking "what beers do you have on tap?" If I'd had a cheeky waiter.

The 'service' there is abysmal. They stand over you and herd people in and out like cattle.

I don't understand why people rave about the place. Fùck me the dull twàts serve steak on a sizzling plate

La Parrilla on 15:44 - Jan 20 with 929 viewsfbreath

La Parrilla on 13:59 - Jan 20 by waynekerr55

The 'service' there is abysmal. They stand over you and herd people in and out like cattle.

I don't understand why people rave about the place. Fùck me the dull twàts serve steak on a sizzling plate

It allows common people to feel posh for a few hours because some people with money go there.

They never know who they might be sitting next to

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

La Parrilla on 16:05 - Jan 20 with 922 viewsraynor94

La Parrilla on 13:59 - Jan 20 by waynekerr55

Same as the Marquis

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

La Parrilla on 18:21 - Jan 20 with 842 viewswaynekerr55

La Parrilla on 15:44 - Jan 20 by fbreath

It allows common people to feel posh for a few hours because some people with money go there.

They never know who they might be sitting next to

To be fair its bollocks. The best place I've been is Galvin at Windows. They treated everyone in there brilliantly and it's where Fred from First Dates works as his proper day job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024