Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Good Old Days! 17:22 - Jan 15 with 6758 viewsjackharris

Anyone else in this picture. Tap on it to enlarge... jackforever is on my right.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Good Old Days! on 15:12 - Jan 16 with 1634 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Good Old Days! on 15:09 - Jan 16 by Swanjaxs

Fùck!

Evo 😯

Nope,
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 15:15]
The Good Old Days! on 15:15 - Jan 16 with 1617 viewsSwanjaxs

The Good Old Days! on 15:12 - Jan 16 by Treforys_Jack

Nope,
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 15:15]

Ted 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Good Old Days! on 15:17 - Jan 16 with 1610 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Good Old Days! on 15:15 - Jan 16 by Swanjaxs

Ted 😎

Nope again , look above "Evo's" shoulder.
The Good Old Days! on 15:21 - Jan 16 with 1601 viewsSwanjaxs

The Good Old Days! on 15:17 - Jan 16 by Treforys_Jack

Nope again , look above "Evo's" shoulder.

Artur Boruc?☘

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The Good Old Days! on 15:23 - Jan 16 with 1595 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Good Old Days! on 15:21 - Jan 16 by Swanjaxs

Artur Boruc?☘

Pricey , mun !!!!
The Good Old Days! on 15:28 - Jan 16 with 1583 viewsjackharris

The Good Old Days! on 18:44 - Jan 15 by union_jack

Is that on the half way line or one or either of the 18yd areas?

The 18 yards towards the West Terrace...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Good Old Days! on 15:30 - Jan 16 with 1575 viewsSwanjaxs

The Good Old Days! on 15:23 - Jan 16 by Treforys_Jack

Pricey , mun !!!!

Fùck aye 😂

Screen shotting this mofo 😂

The Good Old Days! on 22:37 - Jan 16 with 1471 viewsskacrazy

Was it Dai that sold the scratchcards in the Clarence?
Login to get fewer ads

The Good Old Days! on 08:27 - Jan 17 with 1400 viewsdna

The Good Old Days! on 22:37 - Jan 16 by skacrazy

Was it Dai that sold the scratchcards in the Clarence?

Yeah, that's him - hell of a salesman, never had any winners, but we bought them every week!
The Good Old Days! on 09:21 - Jan 17 with 1365 viewscontroversial_jack

If I remember correctly, that's where a lot of the Port Talbot jacks used to congregate.
The Good Old Days! on 20:52 - Jan 17 with 1249 viewsTNT

The Good Old Days! on 12:29 - Jan 16 by whiterock

Tony was the guys name, lovely guy, he used to play football with the kids next to the Coopers while we were all having a pint before he passed away, he used to come with his sister and brother in law, I'm sure they were English and moved to the area and Tony fell in love with the Swans.
He fell in the canal in Pontardawe and drowned, sad

Met him and his family on a Swans pre-season tour in Spain, when Martinez was manager. Nice people.
It was so sad to hear of Tony's fatal accident, some years ago.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Good Old Days! on 21:45 - Jan 17 with 1234 viewsHighjack

The Good Old Days! on 09:21 - Jan 17 by controversial_jack

If I remember correctly, that's where a lot of the Port Talbot jacks used to congregate.

And a lot of the Neath ones too. It was always good fun trying to lob hotdogs at Mark Aizlewood as he sat above doing the radio Wales commentary. There was one match he must have arrived late and had to run the gauntlet through a full north bank and up the ladder. Never seen a man so covered in tomato sauce.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Good Old Days! on 22:31 - Jan 17 with 1202 viewsraynor94

I named 3 of them, including the chairman

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Good Old Days! on 23:16 - Jan 17 with 1169 viewsswan65split

The Good Old Days! on 08:27 - Jan 17 by dna

Yeah, that's him - hell of a salesman, never had any winners, but we bought them every week!

Supplied to him by who?
The Good Old Days! on 00:37 - Jan 18 with 1147 viewsskacrazy

Yeah, was a great pub back in the day! A lot of good boys in there and like has been said never won a 4king thing thing on the scratchcards.
The Good Old Days! on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 1061 viewsdna

The Good Old Days! on 23:16 - Jan 17 by swan65split

Supplied to him by who?

The club
The Good Old Days! on 12:00 - Jan 18 with 1048 viewscontroversial_jack

The Good Old Days! on 22:31 - Jan 17 by raynor94

I named 3 of them, including the chairman

There was more than three of them
The Good Old Days! on 12:12 - Jan 18 with 1046 viewsraynor94

The Good Old Days! on 12:00 - Jan 18 by controversial_jack

There was more than three of them

Well of course there is, just named the three in the picture, been on many a good trip with Dai

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Good Old Days! on 12:17 - Jan 18 with 1040 viewscontroversial_jack

The Good Old Days! on 12:12 - Jan 18 by raynor94

Well of course there is, just named the three in the picture, been on many a good trip with Dai

I believe they are still going strong; regularly attending home games and a few away trips too.They hire a bus occasionally as well. I know a few of them, good lads!
The Good Old Days! on 16:07 - Jan 18 with 994 viewsswan65split

The Good Old Days! on 11:25 - Jan 18 by dna

The club

Have a Crackerjack cabbage......from my hand delivered to Dai
The Good Old Days! on 21:38 - Jan 18 with 902 viewsEbo

I miss the characters from the NB. You'd go to the same spot every game and meet up with all the old regulars standing in their spots. Only seen a few since we moved to the Liberty.

I remember one-night game (it was the one Roberto got badly injured in) and someone around us kept dropping their guts really violently. The stink was absolutely overwhelming and kept going off all the second half. This young girl faints and medics are called over. Cue a loud voice "Whichever one of you is shitting, go and apologise to the poor girl, you dirty c¨nt."

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Good Old Days! on 22:21 - Jan 18 with 878 viewsswan65split

The Good Old Days! on 21:38 - Jan 18 by Ebo

I miss the characters from the NB. You'd go to the same spot every game and meet up with all the old regulars standing in their spots. Only seen a few since we moved to the Liberty.

I remember one-night game (it was the one Roberto got badly injured in) and someone around us kept dropping their guts really violently. The stink was absolutely overwhelming and kept going off all the second half. This young girl faints and medics are called over. Cue a loud voice "Whichever one of you is shitting, go and apologise to the poor girl, you dirty c¨nt."

yes, I used to stand by the same regulars, one hell of guy, a real comic dry wit, from Aberdare, used to bring his daughter sometimes, not seen him since the move.
The Good Old Days! on 23:07 - Jan 18 with 854 viewsEbo

The Good Old Days! on 22:21 - Jan 18 by swan65split

yes, I used to stand by the same regulars, one hell of guy, a real comic dry wit, from Aberdare, used to bring his daughter sometimes, not seen him since the move.

I'm trying to think who that is as they most likely traveled down on the Aberdare bus with us. Sounds like Roger as he took his daughter but they were in the East upper. It will probably come back to me at some point.

To think back in those times (in the photo) we would dread playing Yeovil, Doncaster, Lincoln and Scunny as they were thorns in our sides, always getting decisions against us. When we finally beat Yeovil away I knew we would get promoted that season (and we did). We would make light work of that lot nowadays.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Good Old Days! on 00:23 - Jan 19 with 815 viewsswan65split

The Good Old Days! on 23:07 - Jan 18 by Ebo

I'm trying to think who that is as they most likely traveled down on the Aberdare bus with us. Sounds like Roger as he took his daughter but they were in the East upper. It will probably come back to me at some point.

To think back in those times (in the photo) we would dread playing Yeovil, Doncaster, Lincoln and Scunny as they were thorns in our sides, always getting decisions against us. When we finally beat Yeovil away I knew we would get promoted that season (and we did). We would make light work of that lot nowadays.

He came down on his own by car, we stood on the NB left entrance area ,
The Good Old Days! on 10:14 - Jan 19 with 769 views1983

Does anyone remember an early 1990's a game against Brentford some young kid late teens on his own quietly convincing the police by the metal gates connecting the away end to the NB that he was a Brentford fan. The Police let him in to the away end which had about 150 Brentford fans and as he walked up the terracing to join them all the Brentford fans started cheering him and he just started wind milling into everyone and anyone in there!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024