Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any CCTV recommendations 09:11 - Jan 16 with 2087 viewsCountyJim

Had a couple of acts of vandalism in area to cars this time involving my wife's car

Anyway any decent cameras out there with little fuss to set up been looking at doorbell ones but apparently they don't record 24/7
Any CCTV recommendations on 09:35 - Jan 16 with 2063 viewsbazzool

My bro inlAw has a ring doorbell, it picks up motion then starts recording, his phone beeps and he can look at his phone at the live footage
Any CCTV recommendations on 09:39 - Jan 16 with 2056 viewsCountyJim

Any CCTV recommendations on 09:35 - Jan 16 by bazzool

My bro inlAw has a ring doorbell, it picks up motion then starts recording, his phone beeps and he can look at his phone at the live footage

They only record as someone approach house not 24,7
Any CCTV recommendations on 10:29 - Jan 16 with 2025 viewsbazzool

Any CCTV recommendations on 09:39 - Jan 16 by CountyJim

They only record as someone approach house not 24,7

I didn't say 24/7 I said the motion picks it up and his phone goes off, and He can look at the footage
Any CCTV recommendations on 10:32 - Jan 16 with 2022 viewsSoberBaker

Put all the windows through of the wifes car so they bother your neighbours instead?

AMOW

Any CCTV recommendations on 11:49 - Jan 16 with 1970 viewsjackmorsel

If you have got decent wifi (Outside) then Ring is a very good option. Although they also do wired outdoor cameras as well. Very easy to set up, but you will have to pay a subscription to maintain the recordings. I have the doorbell and it is great but as said only on when motion is detected. Ring also do a stick up cam, which is battery operated so no wires at all. Battery last a surprisingly long time.

I also have Hikconnect CCTV PoE (power over ethernet) cameras as well due to a burglary we had last year. They are inexpensive and pretty straightforward to connect and provide full HD recording quality day and night. They work over data cable (Cat5/6/7) and are connected to a NVR (Network Video Recorder) which has a hard drive in. I have 4 HD cameras and a 3TB HDD, it has capacity for 3 weeks of 24/7 recording). The whole set up was less than £500. There are less expensive non branded versions around but Hikvision are a big brand and you will find lots of cheap installers around as well.
Any CCTV recommendations on 12:06 - Jan 16 with 1958 viewsbazzool

Any CCTV recommendations on 11:49 - Jan 16 by jackmorsel

If you have got decent wifi (Outside) then Ring is a very good option. Although they also do wired outdoor cameras as well. Very easy to set up, but you will have to pay a subscription to maintain the recordings. I have the doorbell and it is great but as said only on when motion is detected. Ring also do a stick up cam, which is battery operated so no wires at all. Battery last a surprisingly long time.

I also have Hikconnect CCTV PoE (power over ethernet) cameras as well due to a burglary we had last year. They are inexpensive and pretty straightforward to connect and provide full HD recording quality day and night. They work over data cable (Cat5/6/7) and are connected to a NVR (Network Video Recorder) which has a hard drive in. I have 4 HD cameras and a 3TB HDD, it has capacity for 3 weeks of 24/7 recording). The whole set up was less than £500. There are less expensive non branded versions around but Hikvision are a big brand and you will find lots of cheap installers around as well.

Good write up mate
Any CCTV recommendations on 13:18 - Jan 16 with 1933 viewsCountyJim

Think I'm going with hive camera
Any CCTV recommendations on 15:27 - Jan 16 with 1858 viewsBatterseajack

i had a Yale CCTV system and it was shit. Stopped working after a year, so avoid.
Login to get fewer ads

Any CCTV recommendations on 14:44 - Jan 17 with 1719 viewsJinxy

Any CCTV recommendations on 11:49 - Jan 16 by jackmorsel

Similar - I recently installed (myself) a 4 camera Reolink POE system. It records in 4k, so my theory is that you can site the camera at some distance away (tamper free, covering wider area?) and still probably be able to provide cover and useful recordings if ever needed. Free android app, good client appand can set up to record to a ftp server (I did it but file sizes large!), upgraded the hard drive to 4TB to give me 20 odd days historic recording. It's not perfect, but good quality and value for less than £500.

I researched for ages, had quotes from alarm company etc., there are so many systems on the market and they all seemed to have advantages and disadvantages. You have to work out what you want out of it, and work backwards. For example, Arlo do a battery powered wi-fi only system (it's quite expensive), obviously with no cabling needed. However, to get anywhere near the 6 month battery life you would have to fine tune the motion detect (camera springs to life and starts recording to cloud - which they charge for btw) and this is fraught with problems. Birds, cobwebs, rain, innocent passers by won't comply with your requirements! Also, once you've installed, get loads of CCTV stickers from ebay and pop them INSIDE the windows. Prevention is better than cure eh. Good luck!
Any CCTV recommendations on 15:19 - Jan 17 with 1697 viewsgadgetuk

I have the Blink XT system.
Pros: Probably the easiest system to set up, free online storage, good app, good quality daytime image and sound recording, motion sensor wetc.

Cons: Setting the sensor area is a bit random, it gets triggered by cards going up and down the road on occasion. NIght time vision is not a patch on daytime, I have supplemented it using a solar light.

The Blink XT2 is meant to improve on the night vision and has two way audio
Any CCTV recommendations on 21:01 - Jan 28 with 1534 viewsSwanzay

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51281476

Ring doorbell 'gives Facebook and Google user data'
Any CCTV recommendations on 09:22 - Jan 29 with 1429 viewsCountyJim

Had the hive camera now a week very impressed with quality of picture and not a bad price
Any CCTV recommendations on 09:45 - Jan 29 with 1417 viewsdickythorpe

In answer to the OP just be careful at these dogging sites. That rustling in the trees isn't a tawny owl bringing home fresh kill for its fledglings.....it's South Wales Police's finest zoom lens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024