Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon 13:26 - Jan 16 with 17196 viewsBrynCartwright

Just had a new remote control roller door fitted by this company and am extremely pleased with it.

Great product professionally fitted.

Highly recommended company.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 12:04 - Jan 18 with 1383 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 08:47 - Jan 18 by WarwickHunt

Bryn - Dickie said on another thread it was minus three last night.
What are the functioning temperature parameters of these doors (assuming the remote control is in a warm place).

Warwo- Thank you for another top of the class question.

The simple answer is I haven't a clue.

If we lived in Siberia, rather than the Bont I would get worried.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 12:24 - Jan 18 with 1366 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 09:36 - Jan 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Bryn, I hope Andrew went through the procedure in the event of a power cut with you? How to manually override the motor and physically lift the door from inside the garage if that happens? Trust me, it will happen at some point and you need to remember the procedure. Keep your manual somewhere safe so you can refer to it when you’re already late and can’t remember how to open the b******d door.

Keep the remote in a safe cubbyhole in the car and try not to drop it down the side of the driver’s or passenger’s seat. It’s a b****d to get out of there with fat fingers. Very frustrating when you can see it but can’t get hold of it.

*I bring you these tips as a veteran electric garage door owner.

I will follow all your handy advice Brado. I know where to insert the handle to manually operate the door, but have yet to try it.

As you are the expert and a seasoned hand at all this I bet you could answer all these questions far better than the newbie!

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 12:27 - Jan 18 with 1366 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 09:59 - Jan 18 by dickythorpe

Can thieves hijack the remote Bryn? We are all concerned here!!!!

Yep they could Dicko, but we have insurance so no biggie, and I keep the gold in a pot in the garden.

They'd never find it.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 12:34 - Jan 18 with 1357 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 10:43 - Jan 18 by Jinxy

Bryn, I'm excited to understand the preventive and/or predictive maintenance schedules as laid down by AC Garage Doors Ltd (ps I'm in awe of the probability of AC alluding to Andrew Colwill - very subtle). Anyway, back on point. Are there lubrication frequencies, specifications and so on for all ropes, guides, rollers and so on? I myself have been a victim of over lubrication, which eventually manifested itself in skipped rollers, and a snapped rope which in turn resulted in a saggy door. I must confess that I did not use Andrew Colwill Garage Doors Ltd. for the repair, in favour of a competitor from Killay. I apologise in advance for this. Many thanks again in advance.

You know what Jinxo, you have come up trump again!. What a super point to make. I would absolutely hate to have a saggy door. He really hasn't mentioned maintenance. All the moving parts are held in a big metal box. above and behind the door.

As it's a roller door, everything folds up into the box, not like the overly complicated guide and roller system that dastardly character Bryn Cartwright form the film Twin Town got mangled up in.

What a tosser he was. Had it coming him.

"Sticky, sticky" my arse!

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 1336 viewstheloneranger

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 12:27 - Jan 18 by BrynCartwright

Yep they could Dicko, but we have insurance so no biggie, and I keep the gold in a pot in the garden.

They'd never find it.

Sorry to ask you a personal question Bryn, but is that the same pot in the garden, that you didn't have a pot to p1ss in after your divorce??
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 13:14]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 16:04 - Jan 18 with 1303 viewsdickythorpe

Bryn, do the doors say the Swans will go on to win?

I've just put 93 pence on Connor Roberts to score next and Swans to win @33's
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 16:08]
Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 17:09 - Jan 18 with 1280 viewsBanosswan

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 23:21 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

It was a serious question, your honour. I was only trying to help Andrew Colwill’s Garage Door empire grow.

I was inspired by Mr. Cartwright. What can I say?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 23:30]

My apologies

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 17:42 - Jan 18 with 1263 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 13:12 - Jan 18 by theloneranger

Sorry to ask you a personal question Bryn, but is that the same pot in the garden, that you didn't have a pot to p1ss in after your divorce??
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 13:14]

You'd have thought the rainbow on top of it would give it away eh.

Not the same pot no. I had to sell the first one.

Login to get fewer ads

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 1257 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 16:04 - Jan 18 by dickythorpe

Bryn, do the doors say the Swans will go on to win?

I've just put 93 pence on Connor Roberts to score next and Swans to win @33's
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 16:08]

Just seen your post Dicko so my apologies in the delay. As far as I am aware the door cannot foretell or predict any future events. In that respect it follows the future prophesising ability of any common or garden door.

If anything changes I shall PM you.

Chuffed with a win today.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 18:06 - Jan 18 with 1249 viewsunion_jack

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 18:17 - Jan 17 by Muteswan

I could bring the music. 😁. Niiice.

Got to be this surely😉

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2255303996

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 18:26 - Jan 18 with 1224 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:33 - Jan 18 with 1206 viewsunion_jack

Anyway Bryn, how much?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 1199 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:33 - Jan 18 by union_jack

Anyway Bryn, how much?

1G plus VAT.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:43 - Jan 18 with 1196 viewsdickythorpe

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:41 - Jan 18 by BrynCartwright

1G plus VAT.

Money well spent and in the grand scheme of things it's added value to his abode BUT above all what a good crack Bryn is!!!!
Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:51 - Jan 18 with 1186 viewsKilkennyjack

Hi Bryn,

Are you concerned that Brexit might hit the supply chain for replacement Garage Door parts and/or RC’s ?

I bet Andrew Colwill has all this boxed off already ...

Beware of the Risen People

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 20:07 - Jan 18 with 1173 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:51 - Jan 18 by Kilkennyjack

Hi Bryn,

Are you concerned that Brexit might hit the supply chain for replacement Garage Door parts and/or RC’s ?

I bet Andrew Colwill has all this boxed off already ...

I went for one of these babies.

As they are his own product (which, I surmise, maximises profit margins) 'future-proofs' his supply chains.

I should be a politician spouting shite like that!

At 11:00 pm on Jan 31st I shall be outside playing with the garage door, and then I shall bunker down to await the apocalypse.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 13:16 - Jan 20 with 1096 viewsdickythorpe

How has the door found the start of the working week Bryn?
Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 13:25 - Jan 20 with 1088 viewsEbo

Just watch out for those Lewis twins Bryn ;)

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 14:41 - Jan 20 with 1056 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 13:16 - Jan 20 by dickythorpe

How has the door found the start of the working week Bryn?

The door continues to perform with alacrity thanks Dicko.

Unlike iis owner.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 14:44 - Jan 20 with 1052 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 13:25 - Jan 20 by Ebo

Just watch out for those Lewis twins Bryn ;)

Those muppets can jog on Ebo, and we haven't got a poodle.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 14:45 - Jan 20 with 1052 viewsCooperman

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 19:41 - Jan 18 by BrynCartwright

1G plus VAT.

A grand? I think I’ll keep my garage full of shyte for another year at least.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 18:59 - Jan 20 with 1009 viewsjack2jack

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 14:41 - Jan 20 by BrynCartwright

The door continues to perform with alacrity thanks Dicko.

Unlike iis owner.

Bryn you lead us to believe they were electrically operated
Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 20:40 - Jan 20 with 967 viewsJinxy

Hello again Bryn. Have you, like myself, marvelled at how primative (ie not electrically powered) garage doors required counterbalance weights and so on, whereas cutting edge designs, as offered by Andrew Colwell (aka AC) garage doors Ltd. place 100% confidence in electrical motive force, dispensing with the powers of gravity? I'm sure you do.
Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 21:59 - Jan 20 with 947 viewsBrynCartwright

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 20:40 - Jan 20 by Jinxy

Hello again Bryn. Have you, like myself, marvelled at how primative (ie not electrically powered) garage doors required counterbalance weights and so on, whereas cutting edge designs, as offered by Andrew Colwell (aka AC) garage doors Ltd. place 100% confidence in electrical motive force, dispensing with the powers of gravity? I'm sure you do.

Am really enjoying your continued interest in my new hobby Jinxo!

Don't get me wrong; traditional manual garage doors perform a perfectly adequate job in providing security for the garage contents of their operators.

The old door worked very well for 3 decades with no maintenance whatsoever. I was quite sad to see the old boy go.

However, now I am quite happy to press a button inside the house, and by the time I get to the garage 'Hey Presto' everything is open. Truly is the bollox.

However, in the event of a prolonged power cut, or an exchange of thermonuclear weapons generating an electro-magnetic pulse that fries electrical components we will be well and truly stuffed.

I think AC also offers traditional manual doors, so he doesn't just do the "Hollywood' version.

Andrew Colwill Garage Doors- Gorseinon on 22:02 - Jan 20 with 945 viewsdickythorpe

Times change Bryn, and you can't scrimp on comfort but above all, overall quality.
You will always have your memories of the old door Bryn.

DO you have to paint new door?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024