Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question about London underground 21:30 - Jan 16 with 1118 viewsdickythorpe

A bloke in work reckons once you use a contactless debit card to buy a ticket that costs £1.60, every further time that day you use that card it doesn't deduct anymore money from your card.
That surely can't be right........
Question about London underground on 21:32 - Jan 16 with 1103 viewsSwanDownUnder

No it calculates from where you swipe where you enter and then you have swipe again when you leave.
Question about London underground on 21:34 - Jan 16 with 1089 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It’s true.

I did it just before Christmas and later that day I used the same card to buy a Porsche 911 which I haven’t been charged for.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Question about London underground on 22:43 - Jan 16 with 980 viewscontroversial_jack

Question about London underground on 21:34 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

It’s true.

I did it just before Christmas and later that day I used the same card to buy a Porsche 911 which I haven’t been charged for.

It works just like an oyster card without having to top it up, and it's capped every day.I always use con tactless in London
Question about London underground on 00:41 - Jan 17 with 885 viewsmonmouth

It deducts up to the cost of a one day card depending on the zones you use. But I much prefer Joe and his Porsche.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Question about London underground on 06:21 - Jan 17 with 805 viewspikeypaul

Question about London underground on 21:34 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

It’s true.

Those are the debit cards Corbyn and his bunch of loonies promised us all if they got elected.

The everything for free ones.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Question about London underground on 06:51 - Jan 17 with 782 viewsPacemaker

As everyone else has said, I don’t use my Oyster card anymore just contactless. It can be a bit of a pain when claiming travel expenses but great otherwise.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Question about London underground on 07:45 - Jan 17 with 737 viewsItchySphincter

Question about London underground on 06:51 - Jan 17 by Pacemaker

As everyone else has said, I don’t use my Oyster card anymore just contactless. It can be a bit of a pain when claiming travel expenses but great otherwise.

I have the Oyster app on my phone linked to a debit card on my business account so I can get trip history at least, the only way to do it afaik.

Remember to tap out on trains but not on the bus. 👍🏻

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Question about London underground on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 567 viewsmajorraglan

As has been said, Oyster card or contactless is the way to go. Was up there the other day with my 16 year old son, it was £4.90 (cash) for a single journey in zone 1 or 2, or £2.40 for contactless /Oyster. If you use Oyster / contactless there is a daily cap which is £7 per day in zones 1 and 2, so once you are on your 3rd journey you won’t pay more than £7 unless you don’t tap in or out because they then charge extra, but you will be refunded if you contact TFL. After £7 cap kicks in there’s no more charge that day.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 15:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Question about London underground on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 538 viewscontroversial_jack

Question about London underground on 12:14 - Jan 17 by majorraglan

As has been said, Oyster card or contactless is the way to go. Was up there the other day with my 16 year old son, it was £4.90 (cash) for a single journey in zone 1 or 2, or £2.40 for contactless /Oyster. If you use Oyster / contactless there is a daily cap which is £7 per day in zones 1 and 2, so once you are on your 3rd journey you won’t pay more than £7 unless you don’t tap in or out because they then charge extra, but you will be refunded if you contact TFL. After £7 cap kicks in there’s no more charge that day.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 15:21]

London transport is expensive compared to most European cities
Question about London underground on 13:10 - Jan 17 with 508 viewsmajorraglan

Question about London underground on 12:51 - Jan 17 by controversial_jack

London transport is expensive compared to most European cities

Agreed, for the 2 of us it was £14 which is a lot. Public transport on the whole is expensive in the UK, car is nearly always cheaper especially when there’s more than 1 person travelling.
Question about London underground on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 477 viewssherpajacob

Question about London underground on 22:43 - Jan 16 by controversial_jack

It works just like an oyster card without having to top it up, and it's capped every day.I always use con tactless in London

This

use it the way the cockney sparrow geezers us their oyster cards and tap in and out.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024