Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Vetch at night from Sandfields 22:07 - Jan 18 with 1663 viewsThrasher6

Always loved this image of the Vetch at night...pre match,,,great memories

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 1607 viewscontroversial_jack

It looks like a scene from the exorcist
The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 22:27 - Jan 18 with 1588 viewsSwanjaxs

❤

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 22:28 - Jan 18 with 1581 viewsdickythorpe

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 22:39 - Jan 18 with 1537 viewsNotLoyal

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 22:23 - Jan 18 by controversial_jack

It looks like a scene from the exorcist

Some away fans who came down looking for a bit more than football were often left thinking they were extras in a remake.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 23:33 - Jan 18 with 1464 viewsPegojack

Fab picture. Reminds me of a mental image I have of me and my dad running back to his car in the rain after an evening game at the Vetch, down the side of the prison, over the cobbles in Paxton Street and across Oystermouth Road into a little side street he used to park in, long before the marina was dreamt of.
Late sixties it would have been. Nostalgia, eh?
The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 00:31 - Jan 19 with 1389 viewsaberhugh

Brings back great memories of night games at the Vetch and the sense of excitement before the game. For me this evokes memories of the 70's when I was a teenager. Would love to see if others on here have photos of this type they could post. Just love night time football and the lights and the colour of the grass when you first see it and everything else in a night game.
The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 01:11 - Jan 19 with 1361 viewssainthelens

Magical place for a night game. Real escapism.
The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 01:37 - Jan 19 with 1341 viewsBLAZE

My first ever match was a cold, wet, midweek game under the lights at the Vetch, circa '96

The mascots were going round the pitch at half time throwing Chupa Chups to the kids in the crowd. He picked me out at the back of the Centre Stand and lobbed one my way. It hit me in the face and knocked out my wobbly front tooth

I got to see the Swans that night, and 20p from the tooth fairy

[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 1:38]
Login to get fewer ads

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 1036 viewsBarrySwan

I think that this picture encapsulates what an evening game on a drizzly winters evening was all about.

Walking to the ground for one of these games looking at the approaching dazzling glare of the floodlights casting a bright light over the stadium and lipping just into the surrounding streets was possibly the most anticipation packed walk I've ever had had going to a sports stadium even if it was a fourth division game with an expected a crowd of 2,000 or so.

Whilst people may say that its just nostalgia ( which of course it is ) I used to enjoy those evenings ( not always the standard or result of course) more than any other occasions during a long and varied sporting viewing history.

I miss those evening games at the Vetch.

Lets move back.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 12:22]
The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 1000 viewsbennytheblue

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 22:39 - Jan 18 by NotLoyal

Some away fans who came down looking for a bit more than football were often left thinking they were extras in a remake.

Runners everywhere eh? 😂👀
The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 16:19 - Jan 19 with 859 viewsCatullus

The Vetch at night from Sandfields on 12:21 - Jan 19 by BarrySwan

I think that this picture encapsulates what an evening game on a drizzly winters evening was all about.

Walking to the ground for one of these games looking at the approaching dazzling glare of the floodlights casting a bright light over the stadium and lipping just into the surrounding streets was possibly the most anticipation packed walk I've ever had had going to a sports stadium even if it was a fourth division game with an expected a crowd of 2,000 or so.

Whilst people may say that its just nostalgia ( which of course it is ) I used to enjoy those evenings ( not always the standard or result of course) more than any other occasions during a long and varied sporting viewing history.

I miss those evening games at the Vetch.

Lets move back.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 12:22]

I'm with you. It's not just the Vetch and the football it's everything that went with it. Getting a bus into town, meeting one lot of mates in one pub then moving on to other pubs and meeting other mates before ending up at the Clarence usually, straight back to one of the pubs afterwards and then usually a taxi home with whichever mates were left in the pub at closing. It was never the same pub route to the game though, sometimes it'd be start in the Quadrant Gate, sometimes the Panty or even the Brunswick.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024